Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can I fight a trainer to raise my pokemon level so I dont need rare candy or does that affect the shiny seed?

If trainer pokemon affects the shiny seed, can someone use the catch trainer pokemon code on a trainer with a single pokemon and find its IVs so all you have to do is fight that trainer instead of having to catch a new pokemon, because from what I understand the seed is affected when the pokemon is created not when its caught.

Thats what I mean, since trainer pokemon always have the same IVs, just fight that trainer and you always input the same IV and nature. If it doesnt affect it, then maybe I could fight them to raise the level without rare candies. Even with a level 80 magikarp I need to raise the level to find the exact IV, and I ended up getting a shiny shinx with Rivalry instead of Intimidate, so Im gonna do it again but Im out of rare candies and I cant beat the maid with the endure clefairy.

EDIT: can someone test this?

Thats what I mean, since trainer pokemon always have the same IVs, just fight that trainer and you always input the same IV and nature. If it doesnt affect it, then maybe I could fight them to raise the level without rare candies. Even with a level 80 magikarp I need to raise the level to find the exact IV, and I ended up getting a shiny shinx with Rivalry instead of Intimidate, so Im gonna do it again but Im out of rare candies and I cant beat the maid with the endure clefairy.
No, that won't work. And, if you have the catch trainers pokemon code, why not just use the IV check code.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there anything i can do to help with the research?
One thing that might really be helpful right now would be this (although it is quite a bit of work):

Catch 20 Azelf without using a a syncher, saved standing directly in front of him and then make a list of all of the initial seeds and then the nature/IVs of the Azelf.

The reason this would be helpful would be to find out if each one has the same offset (using a different method that is not in RNG reporter yet, but I can look at the data and tell). If they do, I'll know a good way to verify the effects of a syncher for a new round of testing.

Once RNG reporter 4.0 comes out, you can probably help find out how many seeds are consumed from the legendary pokemon. You can do it before if you want to.

Wait until Jonny or mingot ask something that needs testing.
4.0 Won't have this quite yet, as I need to verify how the new method works with a syncher. It will have the "time finder" for egg IV's and a number of other smaller things that should be helpful.

Can I fight a trainer to raise my pokemon level so I dont need rare candy or does that affect the shiny seed?

If trainer pokemon affects the shiny seed, can someone use the catch trainer pokemon code on a trainer with a single pokemon and find its IVs so all you have to do is fight that trainer instead of having to catch a new pokemon, because from what I understand the seed is affected when the pokemon is created not when its caught.
Fighting a small number of battles should still allow you to find your initial seed, so I don't think there will be a huge problem with it. You will need to record any EV gain, though, and enter that into the IV checker. Honestly, though, I suggest you try to trade for a few rare candies on the simple requests board to make life less complicated.

Fight the trainer to get the IV and nature.

Like you said, someone should test to see if fighting a trainer advances the seed.
Vlie confirmed Double Battles doesn't consume any seeds, I can confirm single battles also don't consume seeds.

I battled the guy running around above Solaceon before I got my egg, and it was still shiny.

I already asked in the Simple Requests sticky and the only answer I got was that someone named OddSok knows how to find it out but, he won't be on for awhile.

Vlie confirmed Double Battles doesn't consume any seeds, I can confirm single battles also don't consume seeds.

I battled the guy running around above Solaceon before I got my egg, and it was still shiny.
and also, if you accidentaly tap the screen while doing the happiness checker app double taps, that doesnt count either.....I did it with both of my shiny RNG searches and it still worked after that

Is there some weird thing with the Poketch that could be messing me up?

Like how some people click rapidly though the Poketch so the numbers show up, but I go one by one so as to not accidentally pass the Coin Flip app...

I seriously have tried this like 20 times <_< On crap spreads with like 127 taps too. I KNOW I didn't miscount that last one, but I'm still unable to lock onto a shiny. Are there any weird little nit-picky things I might be missing... I really don't know what else to do. T_T

Tase, I'm still not sure what your problem is, but your idea on the Poketch isn't right. I too pass through them slowly (accuracy>speed), and I got it to work.

Tase, I'm still not sure what your problem is, but your idea on the Poketch isn't right. I too pass through them slowly (accuracy>speed), and I got it to work.
Guess I'll go to Best Buy and get a cam to document the process... obviously I'm doing something wrong, but no one knows what it is. :\

Is there some weird thing with the Poketch that could be messing me up?

Like how some people click rapidly though the Poketch so the numbers show up, but I go one by one so as to not accidentally pass the Coin Flip app...

I seriously have tried this like 20 times <_< On crap spreads with like 127 taps too. I KNOW I didn't miscount that last one, but I'm still unable to lock onto a shiny. Are there any weird little nit-picky things I might be missing... I really don't know what else to do. T_T
Tase tell me step-by-step what you are doing.

Include, what app your on and the number of pokes in your party

BTW, this might have been asked earlier, I found my own SID with AR.

In party = Sweet Scenter, Flame Body poke, 2 parents

- Turn on the game with AR active.
- "A" through the title screens
- Hit "continue" and note the time in the Platinum Seed Finder (in this case 2009 / 4 / 11 / 16 / 43)
- Use my Sweet Scenter (4 pokes in my party)
- Catch the poke (now 5 in my party)
- Use IV Check code to check IVs
- Enter them into Seed Finder (Calm 11/31/6/11/18/28)
- Select initial seed with delay ~600 (=622)
- Drop down menu > Plat Egg ID (Normal because my parents are Lorelei's Kingdra and Cosmic Jeff's Bagon)
- ID = 37167; SID = 46187 according to the SID AR code.
- select Shiny only
- Generate
- Select first spread (209 Happiness taps, 8 Coin flips)
- Scroll from App 5 to the Happiness checker app
- Tap Happiness app 209 times, making sure I only count when they bounce. I usually do this in 25-tap increments, taking a brief pause between groups to maintain concentration. Tap the Coin Flip 8 times
- Go to the day-care (I use the Route south of solaceon so I just have to ride my bike there)
- place Lorelei's Kingdra and Jeff's Bagon in the Day-care; exit day-care
- Approach day-care man, who is already facing toward the road with an egg because I have Fast Breed Code on
- take egg, hatch.
- egg =/= shiny. :\

I know this is going to be a really dumb question but, what time does everyone have according to the time.nist.gov clock? I have 6:27 pm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)