HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, hopefully future scans will be more interesting.

Red Gyarados - Pokemon Sunday more or less confirmed it.

Eusine - nice touch, but he appeared like what 5 times? And since this isn't Crystal, wtf is he around? The game is no longer Suicune focused. Hopefully he's around because TR wants to kidnap the dogs.. Perhaps I'm just hoping for something like "The Legend of Thunder" episodes too much. This does point to Extremespeed Dratini though.

Lati@s and Mewtwo - Add Hoenn and Kanto starters to the game (Deoxys too?) and all generation 3 games become irrelevent (outside of tutors and XD).

Corner of Lugia sprite in the far left of the scan - badass.

Also I've seen the new Johto map zoomed in on, and it appears the new area west of Cianwood is a Battle Park. What looks to be the Battle Tower can be seen under the fog.

Nah.... ability tutor? O.o Seriously?
It seems too odd for me...
And I would love shadow sneak on giratina, a good way to compensate for its poor speed and a good addiction for CB :naughty:

Anyway, too many legends here... ò.ò being an emerald abuser I don't like them all together in HG/SS... but I admit that their inclusion was obvious...
as Ondore said, they are closing with GBA brand... :(

Alsp extreme speed wasn't a special move on a single dratini only? if so I think they WON'T make it a tutor too strong...
But which movetutor there were? I recall only about the guy who teached Flamethrower/t-bolt/ice beam...

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hope the FR/LG/Emerald tutors that don't exist in DPPt come back in HG/SS, that way we can get things like Blissey without being forced to do them in 3rd gen.

Also wondering what Lugia/Ho-oh's second abilities will be. And does this mean that possibly Hippowdon/Tyranitar could get second abilities as well, that don't force you to have permanent weather?

what if instead their second ability will just be a side effect that they have while playing ingame?
Even if...
I admit that being one the guardian of the seas, and the other the ruler of the skyes, having both pressure as ability is lame...

I'm in love with the new art for the dogs, especially Suicune, wow

Where'd this rumor about Tauros getting Extremespeed come from? Interesting if true, I just hope not too many pokes besides Dratini get it, it was like its little niche in Crystal.

If an ability tutor is introduced at some point it should really just be like a third option to what's already possible. Being able to give a wide range of abilities to any poke would be ridiculous from a competitive standpoint. I agree with the "hidden ability" only being an in-game feature for the adventure.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The ability tutor thing could be restricted, as in:

"blahblahblah I'm the ability tutor"
*shows a, say, Regigigas*
"This pokémon could have another ability, I can feel it! Want me to teach it? y/n"
*y*
"It can't be reverted, so are you really sure? y/n"
*y*
*A Move Relearner-like screen shows up, showing only one possible ability, obviously*
"Regigigas is trying to learn Stall. Override Shitty Start and be completely awesome? y/n"
*y*
"Congratulations, Regigigas skyrocketed to OU"

Of course the text wouldn't be like that, or maybe not even like you're trying to learn a move. But you got the idea.

Hey so Metal Burst.

Does Dialga have recovery moves? Encore?
No recovery outside of ResTalk, but I can see Metal Burst being big on Dialga with all that bulk.

EDIT: Ho-oh and Lugia being upgraded to Lv 45 makes me think that they upped the levels in the game at least a bit, both trainer-wise and with wild pokemon. Which is a good thing, because the levels were extremely low, IMO.

Hidden Ability is probably a new move, as they will probably change the Pokemon's Level Up Moves again, like in Platinum (even though Emerald used Ruby/Sapphire's Level Up Moves and not FireRed/LeafGreen's).

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokebeach confirmed Mewtwo. They also said all three dogs are runners, except Euisine is stalking Suicune again. I can almost here the primordial roar that would erupt if the Dogs had glitched low Ivs x) The kimono girls apparantly are more entrenched in the story too.

Also the Gyms have traps, cool!

I hope the rest of CoroCoro reveals a bit more this month.

Are the non-believers of ES Dratini less doubtful now? lol

Ho-oh will probably get some stupid ability with the word "Heart" in it. I think something like "Clear Skies" would be cool, where it gets rid of Stealth Rocks as it switches in :)

Lati@s in the games is awesome, haven't gotten a good Latias yet.

Hydro Pump on Palkia is the most exciting IMO. Metal Burst will have a hard time finding a spot on Dialga, with that great movepool, and Hydro Pump becomes a more powerful alternative for Palkia > Surf. Shadow Sneak on Giratina is cool.

I am just hoping Flare Blitz becomes available for Flareon/Entei.

Pokebeach confirmed Mewtwo. They also said all three dogs are runners, except Euisine is stalking Suicune again. I can almost here the primordial roar that would erupt if the Dogs had glitched low Ivs x) The kimono girls apparantly are more entrenched in the story too.
Ugh, Eusine is obsessed with the beasts as a whole, why he still has a Suicune fetish is beyond me. Didn't he ask if you caught ALL of them in Celadon's Pokemon Center?

Kimono girls are cool, I always thought they needed more plot outside their studio.

As for new abilities.. I don't know. Yeah it would be nice and all, but really? And anything crazy like an ABILITY tutor shouldn't even be discussed until Generation 5, if even then. Abilities are something a Pokemon is born with, like IVs, not something to be forgotten like a move.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ho-oh will probably get some stupid ability with the word "Heart" in it. I think something like "Clear Skies" would be cool, where it gets rid of Stealth Rocks as it switches in :)
Clear Skies = Sunny Day in Japanese, IIRC. And when they say hidden ability, I believe it's a special item like the Griseous Orb, or just a different move/ability they didn't learn before. But not a new one per se.

As for new abilities.. I don't know. Yeah it would be nice and all, but really? And anything crazy like an ABILITY tutor shouldn't even be discussed until Generation 5, if even then. Abilities are something a Pokemon is born with, like IVs, not something to be forgotten like a move.
=( Well, at least it's something feasible in this Gen already, unlike RSE.

Ugh, Eusine is obsessed with the beasts as a whole, why he still has a Suicune fetish is beyond me. Didn't he ask if you caught ALL of them in Celadon's Pokemon Center?

Yes he did - if you had then you gained access to the Tin Tower or something like that (the higher floors where Ho-oh is).

Kimono girls are cool, I always thought they needed more plot outside their studio.

I don't think the ability tutor will ever be a reality, and if it is it won't have that many good abilities anyway.

I think the "hidden ability" thing is probably just the possibility of an alternate ability that already exists, or maybe some in-game side effect or event.

that's really awsome about the lv.1 palkia/dialga/giratina exclusive moves, and now latias/latios and mewtwo are supposedly in the game?? thats pretty awsome, nintendo must be going all out with this remake!

Yeah, it's actually plausible. The only problem would be if said pokémon evolves, because evolving always reverts a pokémon to its default ability. I wouldn't mind a different ability on, say, Rayquaza anyway. I hate how you can't take advantage of the weather with Rayquaza. Air Lock reminds me of when for example a snotty little brat throws something away just so you can't have it either. Sort of a long shot but it's still what it reminds me of. =P

If Ho-Oh and Lugia indeed get a new ability that already exists, these are the feasible ones:

Ho-Oh: Air Lock, Cloud Nine, Drought, Flame Body, Flash Fire, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Magma Armor, Serene Grace, Synchronize

Lugia: Drizzle, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Serene Grace, Synchronize, Water Veil

Note the small amount of possible abilities for Lugia.

Arael said:
=( Well, at least it's something feasible in this Gen already, unlike RSE.
Ehh, not really. The only reason Pal Parked Pokemon can get an ability change is because of the way abilities were programmed. Outside of that, it's just as feasible as it was in RSE; not very likely at all (especially near the end of a generation).

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I'm particularly curious about the kind of Poke Ball the Lv. 1 Dragon Ubers come in, since players are able to tell that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum-caught dragons in a different kind of ball won't have the special moves. I'm no fan of revealing more information about my Pokemon in battle than I have to.

I'm particularly curious about the kind of Poke Ball the Lv. 1 Dragon Ubers come in, since players are able to tell that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum-caught dragons in a different kind of ball won't have the special moves. I'm no fan of revealing more information about my Pokemon in battle than I have to.
It's probably just a regular Poke Ball. Which can hint at special moves but doesn't always mean such. Plus it could even be used as a bluff, making the opponent assume special moves when in fact you're not even using them. Actually, a plain Poke Ball can cause more confusion in the opponent.

Master Ball Dialga - Obviously caught in D/P/Pt, so I can safely assume no Metal Burst.

Poke Ball Dialga - Hmm...

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
It's probably just a regular Poke Ball. Which can hint at special moves but doesn't always mean such. Plus it could even be used as a bluff, making the opponent assume special moves when in fact you're not even using them. Actually, a plain Poke Ball can cause more confusion in the opponent.

Master Ball Dialga - Obviously caught in D/P/Pt, so I can safely assume no Metal Burst.

Poke Ball Dialga - Hmm...
Maybe I didn't word my previous post very well, but the bluff aspect was what I was trying to get at. :-)

I'd put my money down on Poke Ball too.

Maybe I didn't word my previous post very well, but the bluff aspect was what I was trying to get at. :-)

I'd put my money down on Poke Ball too.
Whoops! Your post was worded fine, the last line just threw me off I think. Sorry about that.

The only other possible ball would be the Cherish Ball, but I don't see that happening. While these are technically "event" Pokemon, they are pseudo-event Pokemon found within the game.

Anything's possible, but I'd also lean strongly toward the Poke Ball.

Would it be possible that the three dragons can learn those moves at level 1 now? and you could use a heart scale to relearn them with ones from DPP. well that's just my wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)