HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really doubting a different ability on the legendaries. Serene Grace Ho-Oh? I'm just thinking its a new move, that may or may not really help.

If Ho-Oh and Lugia indeed get a new ability that already exists, these are the feasible ones:

Ho-Oh: Air Lock, Cloud Nine, Drought, Flame Body, Flash Fire, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Magma Armor, Serene Grace, Synchronize

Lugia: Drizzle, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Serene Grace, Synchronize, Water Veil

Note the small amount of possible abilities for Lugia.

Ehh, not really. The only reason Pal Parked Pokemon can get an ability change is because of the way abilities were programmed. Outside of that, it's just as feasible as it was in RSE; not very likely at all (especially near the end of a generation).
I highly doubt they would give Ho-oh Serene Grace... 95% burn rate, 100 base damage, physical fire move. That would be ridiculous.

I think baby Ho-oh/Lugia with Drought/Drizzle respectively would be very cool.

I highly doubt they would give Ho-oh Serene Grace... 95% burn rate, 100 base damage, physical fire move. That would be ridiculous.

But then we remember Ho-Oh loses 50% of it's health when switching into Stealth Rock. We remember it has a 4x weakness to Rock and a weakness to Water and Electric. We remember that Fire is eaten up by the dragons/Kyogre/Manaphy in Ubers. We remember Sacred Fire's hideous PP and the plethora of Pressure in Ubers. Suddenly, the world seems more fair.

Drizzle Lugia makes sense because of its Pokedex entries. But when I think Ho-Oh, I think of a fiery Pheonix that burns everything.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Pokebeach confirmed Mewtwo. They also said all three dogs are runners, except Euisine is stalking Suicune again. I can almost here the primordial roar that would erupt if the Dogs had glitched low Ivs x) The kimono girls apparantly are more entrenched in the story too.

Also the Gyms have traps, cool!

I hope the rest of CoroCoro reveals a bit more this month.
Traps in the Gyms? Sounds cool, hope they're better than the dumb puzzles of Ecruteak, Mahogany, Cianwood, and Blackthorn (especially the last two, the "use Strength to reach destination" puzzles are fucking annoying and stupid.)

The dogs as runners is expected, they have been in every game so far. I'm happy they're keeping that in, but it's still expected since these are G/S remakes. Not sure what to think of Eusine, he annoyed me when I played through Crystal a few days ago.

Kimono girls: YAY! I wonder if there's going to be two others after the Nat'l Dex is unlocked - Leafeon and Glaceon.

I think it's 95% Accuracy - isn't Sacred's Burn Rate 50%? Unless my math is off, Serene would make it a Burn that doesn't miss. Ho-Oh usage would DEFINITELY shoot up if it had that.

Yeah, it's actually plausible. The only problem would be if said pokémon evolves, because evolving always reverts a pokémon to its default ability. I wouldn't mind a different ability on, say, Rayquaza anyway. I hate how you can't take advantage of the weather with Rayquaza. Air Lock reminds me of when for example a snotty little brat throws something away just so you can't have it either. Sort of a long shot but it's still what it reminds me of. =P
Ray is fine with Air Lock. Swift Swim and Chlorophyll are quite annoying in Ubers, and if you don't have another Auto-Weather, Rayquaza's the only thing you can use to revenge kill stuff like Ludicolo, Kingdra, and, to a lesser extent, Jumpluff.

Besides, I'm not sure what ability you could even give it as a replacement.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I'm curious what the movepool revamps for the legendarys in johto will be. I was thinking like flare blitz / brave bird for ho-oh?

I think it's 95% Accuracy - isn't Sacred's Burn Rate 50%? Unless my math is off, Serene would make it a Burn that doesn't miss. Ho-Oh usage would DEFINITELY shoot up if it had that.
Yes, Sacred Fire is 95% accurate, which means that it will burn the opponent 95% of the time(since after Serene Grace, it is 100%, you must then use the move's accuracy).

If Ho-Oh and Lugia indeed get a new ability that already exists, these are the feasible ones:

Ho-Oh: Air Lock, Cloud Nine, Drought, Flame Body, Flash Fire, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Magma Armor, Serene Grace, Synchronize

Lugia: Drizzle, Intimidate, Magic Guard, Serene Grace, Synchronize, Water Veil

Note the small amount of possible abilities for Lugia.

Ehh, not really. The only reason Pal Parked Pokemon can get an ability change is because of the way abilities were programmed. Outside of that, it's just as feasible as it was in RSE; not very likely at all (especially near the end of a generation).

Why the hell does Ho-oh want Air Lock? Thats possibly the last thing it wants. With Air Lock it can't use drought to boost its sacred fire or fire blasts. Yeah Ogre is annoying as hell but a fire attack in normal conditions isn't doing much to something with 100/100 defenses that is water. It can also use drizzle to hit Ogre with thunder.

Also who is Eusine, was he/she in GS or only Crystal

Why the hell does Ho-oh want Air Lock? Thats possibly the last thing it wants. With Air Lock it can't use drought to boost its sacred fire or fire blasts. Yeah Ogre is annoying as hell but a fire attack in normal conditions isn't doing much to something with 100/100 defenses that is water. It can also use drizzle to hit Ogre with thunder.

Also who is Eusine, was he/she in GS or only Crystal
Nintendo couldn't care less about what competitive Ho-Oh wants.

Umm, you know Chlorophyll only exists in plants right? And Lugia isn't made to be a sweeper and doesn't benifit much from Rain.

I COULD however see Ho-Oh getting Solar Power. It's basically like giving it a Choice boost, but with recoil like life orb and the ability to switch attack AND hold another item. Choice Scarf + Solar Power, and LO+ Solar Power( 80% power boost, 22% recoil 0_o), CB/Specs + Solar Power( 2x damage output) could be dangerous combinations

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I see the "extra ability" or whatever Nintendo's calling it to mean not an actual ability, par se, but an additional in-game effect.

I'm expecting them, Mewtwo, and Arceus to somehow be linked to receiving the level one DPPt legend, but that's just my idea.

This game is gonna be so awesome, I especially like Ecruteak City with the orange ground (fallen leaves from the forest?) And I think that the special ability that Lugia and Ho-oh would get are Drizzle and Drought respectively because it will be the opposite ability of the weather Legends in the respective games. Only time will tell.

My expectations on HG SS:

-Ho-oh and Lugia got unique items
-Ho-oh gets Swords dance and Brave Bird
-Entei gets AT LEAST EQ, Howl/Bulk Up (last one preffered), Superpower and maybe Zen Headbutt somehow lol
-Flareon gets Flare blitz, Stone Edge, Iron Head, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Pursuit.
-Arcanine Stone Edge and maybe Earthquake
-Rapidash Drill peck, Earthquake, Stone Edge
-Special dratini from dragon den (or dratini in general) got a 2nd trait, when evolved to Dragonite it becomes Thick Fat :]

As you see IMO many fire pokemon physical moveset it's screwed up lol

I can almost here the primordial roar that would erupt if the Dogs had glitched low Ivs x)
lol that'd be funny. But that glitch has been fixed since Emerald, so there shouldn't be any worry.

However it's gonna be a real pain to get good Dogs anyway, assuming that they are all released at the same time. For example, you get a Timid Raikou with good IVs but a Suicune with an undesirable nature and horrible IVs...what would you do? Soft reset? It seems the only way to get all three Dogs with desirable natures and good IVs is to play the game 3 times and focus on one particular Dog in each adventure...

^That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm hoping that they'll be nice this time around, and let you release them separately, but one can only hope for so much.

My bad FamiliarTrainer, thought i read what Ho-oh would want, not what feasilbe, and seriously they're not getting new abilities unless they get new forms and having 2 previous gens to get new forms i doubt that will happen. I bet it's special moves, something with the storyline, or a new area or event(an event in the game, not one where you get a pokemon)

Why would there be new abilities? This isn't a completely brand new generation.... it's only a remake. Changes in movepools are possible, but complete shifts of pokemon such as new abilities, using stat EXP. and other things are NOT going to happen.
EDIT=Also, aren't the 3 dragons in eggs?

Exactly. They will be getting a new ability but it's going to be one already in the game. Why would they add a new ability that doesn't exist in DPPt.

My expectations on HG SS:

-Ho-oh and Lugia got unique items
-Ho-oh gets Swords dance and Brave Bird
-Entei gets AT LEAST EQ, Howl/Bulk Up (last one preffered), Superpower and maybe Zen Headbutt somehow lol
-Flareon gets Flare blitz, Stone Edge, Iron Head, Crunch, Sucker Punch, Pursuit.
-Arcanine Stone Edge and maybe Earthquake
-Rapidash Drill peck, Earthquake, Stone Edge
-Special dratini from dragon den (or dratini in general) got a 2nd trait, when evolved to Dragonite it becomes Thick Fat :]

As you see IMO many fire pokemon physical moveset it's screwed up lol
Rapidash doesn't have a typical beak, so I doubt it would get Drill Peck. Fire types with Stone Edge is rare. Special Dratini with Thick Fat would be amazing, Dragonite would again have a niche in OU over Salamence(this time, even better than DD + Outrage, since Thick Fat helps way more than Intimidate).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Exactly what I meant, the game does let your pokémon have different abilities (like Wonder Guard Spiritomb). Not even that was possible in RSE.

And on a completely unrelated note,

MissingNo. Master's signature said:
How can something be OU when Arbok counters it perfectly?
lol are you really serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)