HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A issue that Game Freak doesn't really mind. In the end, it will be the same pain in the ass to get them as it was getting the birds in Platinum.

Wait wait wait, what if I catch Zapdos, defeat the other two, and talk to Oak again? Will I get another chance to soft-reset for Moltres and Articuno, or will Oak ignore me?
No, you only get one chance, if you talk to him again, it'll be a normal chat (lol).

Bringing this back to the Pokemon follower topic, the only clip of the player without a Pokemon was in the Blackthorn Gym, where the player is simply seen crossing a moving panel in the puzzle. It may be that when you do actions such as this, your Pokemon is automatically returned to the Pokeball, in the same manner as when you would get on your bicycle, surf, go up a Rock Climb obstacle, etc. I don't want you to be forced to have a Pokemon out, I'm just saying the only evidence is a clip of the player crossing an obstacle which a partner Pokemon would seemingly be unable to cross.

The dogs' overworld sprites look pretty neat, although I don't think I'd like Raikou's overly wide face following me around all the time.
And I was wondering why they decided to include that little area in Cianwood where you can see Suicune. I guess you maybe encounter Eusine there?
Why can they never scan the whole page ?_?

Bringing this back to the Pokemon follower topic, the only clip of the player without a Pokemon was in the Blackthorn Gym, where the player is simply seen crossing a moving panel in the puzzle. It may be that when you do actions such as this, your Pokemon is automatically returned to the Pokeball, in the same manner as when you would get on your bicycle, surf, go up a Rock Climb obstacle, etc. I don't want you to be forced to have a Pokemon out, I'm just saying the only evidence is a clip of the player crossing an obstacle which a partner Pokemon would seemingly be unable to cross.
I'm sure if the Pokemon returned to the Poke Ball while doing a 1 second obstace only to come out again when completed (then repeat 10+ times for gym puzzles) the beta testers surely would have spoke and said "Wow this is annoying".

I guess so. I'd just like too see some more concrete evidence than a split-second gym puzzle clip.

I also just realized that the Pokewalker uses the DP Pikachu sprite and not the Platinum one. For non-Johto-native Pokemon, I hope they mix it up and pick and choose the best sprites, kind of like how Crystal did. I never want to see Lucario do the physically impossible knee bend, Snover to cross his eyes, or Tangrowth to stare at his hand like he's on shrooms ever again.

you can see the girl caracter in the top of that scan. She looks like she's about to punch your lights out.
Wow, just realized raikou does have a really fat face. Tell me that in the overworld sprite, that white things isn't it's whole face? It's like wider than the character. Entei looks like he's looking at the sky, and suicunes all "hold cool pose. camera 1...2"
Damn, can't see the lugia animation
Can't wait until they implement the changes to the ladder. Ubers will never be the same. A lot more people will have groudons to OHKO diagla (shuca diagla FTW!) and avoid a metal burst. People will also invest more speciel defense on everything to deal with the increased threat of hydro pump. And shadow sneak...well, I don't see that changing to much.

shame, now I definately know that we won't be able to see the pokemon we're riding on. Instead, we get that gay circle thing.... Gyrados's sprite is AWESOME though. I thought the platinum sprite was awesome, but man, that makes it look really cool.

Oh, and instead contiously linking eachother to new videos, by the same person, about the same game..

Here is the link to his/her channel.

@Tytus, there's a possibilty that they will mix in some of Crystals story elements. Considering that Eusine is in the game this might mean we have a guaranteed encounter with Suicune.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Filb.de has a pretty nice recording of the show, with Pokethlon or whatever it is, and yes the aforementioned Red Gyarados. Also nice to hear pieces of the Surf music, Gyarados' awesome sprite (though with an arguably lame animation but a decent second frame nonetheless), the return of Platinum's animated backsprite, and rain in the Lake of Rage.

Also, earlier in the clip about the Pokethlon you can see Lapras, shrunk down to miniscule proportions, following a trainer (not you though) on land

I think that's the race track building, which would be the new area west of the National Park. Filb says "Dash Battle" and "Bound Field", also "Track Dome" and "Jump Dome".
Apparently you run around a track and jump over hurdles?

Look, a new Pikachu sprite... but the Pokewalker uses the DP sprite?

Gyarados has a great sprite. Here's to hoping they give steelix an awesome pose like in GSC!

Rain in Lake of Rage was a nice touch. Water Pokemon on land is good to know. Not being able to see the Pokemon you surf on was predictable. Entry sprite to a surfing battle was great.

But for the people who think the games levels will be raised due to Ho-Oh/Lugia - Red Gyarados' level stayed the same...

Could gyarados be getting a new abillity? They cut the video right before intimidate was going to happen which makes me suspicious.

Could gyarados be getting a new abillity? They cut the video right before intimidate was going to happen which makes me suspicious.
It's very, very unlikely. They cut the video of the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina egg before it hatched but did they get new "baby formes"? No, they just like to cut videos at odd times.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's very, very unlikely. They cut the video of the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina egg before it hatched but did they get new "baby formes"? No, they just like to cut videos at odd times.
Even though I was the one to bring that supposition up, it's true. If we go by the same logic I presented before, Red Gyarados now has Drizzle and that's why Lake of Rage has rain now :/

These new sprites look really promising. Damn. Now I have the dilemma of which physical water I will be using... Feraligatr? Gyarados? Or maybe even Kingdra...

Even though I was the one to bring that supposition up, it's true. If we go by the same logic I presented before, Red Gyarados now has Drizzle and that's why Lake of Rage has rain now :/

A region having a weather effect doesn't mean a pokemon there has that power. There's a non-Kyogre Rain route in DPP. I doubt they'll change Gyarados' ability at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)