HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
A region having a weather effect doesn't mean a pokemon there has that power. There's a non-Kyogre Rain route in DPP. I doubt they'll change Gyarados' ability at all.
That's EXACTLY what I meant. I was saying that the "baby form" hypothesis I came up doesn't hold much water because of the raining Lake of Rage. It would be like saying Red Gyarados has Drizzle now.

damn...i just saw the link that riveride posted and theyve done a VERY good job on the art...(especially feraligatr and ursarang)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Red gyarados has an incredibly sexy sprite, no need for me to SR for a good feraligatr when I can just do likewise for Gyara.

Scarf Typhlosion w/ Eruption for me I think :)

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new gyrados sprite? I feel like gyrados's rage and fury just doesn't go with this one. He looks like he's sitting down. The other ones show him flying around wreaking destruction. This one just makes him look lazy.
I may just be stupid/moronic, who knows.

EDIT: I also think the new feraligatr looks dull, while my favorite pokemon ever, quilava, looks super sexy.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new gyrados sprite? I feel like gyrados's rage and fury just doesn't go with this one. He looks like he's sitting down. The other ones show him flying around wreaking destruction. This one just makes him look lazy.
I may just be stupid/moronic, who knows.

EDIT: I also think the new feraligatr looks dull, while my favorite pokemon ever, quilava, looks super sexy.
To me honest I like Gyarados a lot move "sitting" on the battle surface rather then the it's overdone "scrunched up snake" pose. I also like how this sprite shows the SIZE of Gyarados. As I mentioned earlier, I hope Steelix gets the same treatment - it's kept practically the same stupid sprite since R/S.

Of course, it perfectly ok if you don't like this Gyarados sprite, it's a matter of opinion. I personally would place it at the top of all Gyarados sprites, right before R/B.

YEAAAAH! I just watched pokemon Sunday and the new gyarados sprite is probably the best I've ever seen! :) Tyranitar was pretty dam good too. I wasn't sure weather to buy this game at first, but now I have seen some of the awesome sprites I just have to LOL! The mini games look a little rubbish though...

Anyway Ubers are awesome, I am sorry but I think you will find that 99.99% of people here will disagree with you there.

I just thought of something. If this red Gyarados' IVs and nature change with every reset, then won't it be hard for everyone to get a good Adamant/Jolly IV spread? Because of the way that shinies work nowadays with the Secret ID combined with the PID, I mean.

Does this mean that some people will unfortunately be stuck with crappy IV spreads no matter how many times they Synchronize this Gyarados, just because of their Secret ID?

Unless it works like chain shinies, but I'm not sure how they do actually work. Only that they convert a normal spread into a shiny one.

Red Gyarados for ubers anyway, if it gets Drizzle lol. How anyone could think Intimidate is better than Drizzle is beyond me. :O
It's the most broken ability in the game, while Intimidate is just 'meh'. Turns a couple of OHKOs into 2HKOs but that's it. Meanwhile Drizzle gives Waterfall/Aqua Tail an additional STAB and provides invaluable infinite rain support for the whole team. It's better to boost yourself than to try to weaken the opponent.

Well I'm not sure about red gyarados'. When I get heart gold I'm sticking with my iv bred ev trained blue one ^_^. I mean think about it, the second that hg/ss hits the shelves in Japan every trainer will have a red gyarados in his/hers team which for me makes it so uncool. I like to use pokemon that not many people use these days in my team. Thats not to say I won't try and get one with a good nature and good iv's, because I'm sure there will be people out there who won't have hg/ss and will want a legit shiny gyara! X)

Mario With Lasers

Intimidate is better anyway.
And that Lapras on land is probably an NPC with a really gay pun lol.
Level 1 Kyogre/Groudon were tested and then deemed Uber in old Netbattle, just because of Drizzle. Infinite Sun/Rain is that broken.

Lugia and Gyarados' sprites are awesome. Can't wait to see Ho-oh and the legendary beasts.
Wait, where did you see Lugia's sprite? Filb.de didn't show anything like that.

Does this mean that some people will unfortunately be stuck with crappy IV spreads no matter how many times they Synchronize this Gyarados, just because of their Secret ID?
Impossible. There's always an "acceptable-or-better" shiny spread for every nature. And it could also work like chaining as Zog said.

You can easily get a perfect red Gyarados right now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mingot and those guys crack the HGSS rng before the game hits American shelves.

Lugia and Gyarados' sprites are awesome. Can't wait to see Ho-oh and the legendary beasts.
Where did you see Lugia's sprite? Are there better scans of CoroCoro out yet?

Arael I'm not copying you :(

Hay! How the heck do people get a legit red gyara then? Not saying I would get one coz I prefer the blue ones myself but I'm just curious.

BTW a few people seem to be saying that the new gyara sprite makes him look lazy! I don't see it, infact to me he looks like he's about to snap and eat you! XD

I (unsuccessfully) went searching for the supposed Lugia sprite, but I did run across this article on Pokebeach:
When the demo begins (for SoulSilver), you are out on a route with a Pikachu behind you. One of Professor Elm's lab assistants walks up to you and hands you an item, which I think was probably the PokeDex. A Totodile is also on your team. Other Pokemon available in the demos (going by what was in the PokeDexes) are Steelix, Lapras, Snubull, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita. I liked the sprites for all of them; Steelix definitely had a new one, but I can't remember if Lapras did. If it did, the sprite was very similar to this generation's games. You can battle two twins on the route, but I forgot what they had. When you start a battle, the Pokemon that you have out with you will not emerge from a Poke Ball for obvious reasons. The remixed battle music sounded like the original but also felt new.
Good news that Steelix has a distinctly new sprite. I never thought about how your lead Pokemon won't come flying out of a Poke Ball (because it's already out), but this does seem to confirm that the Pokemon following you is restricted to your lead.

G/S was the only generation I missed out on playing. And it had everything I wanted in Pokemon creatures and a game. I'm so fucking glad that my first experience with this gen. will be HG/SS revamp.

Will this game be the god of all Pokemon games? Seems about so. Bad... assssss.

Oh.. and the Gyarados sprite is nastyyyyy. I'm always a fan of new sprites. They've been getting more realistic and has some personality.

Mario With Lasers

I (unsuccessfully) went searching for the supposed Lugia sprite, but I did run across this article on Pokebeach:

Good news that Steelix has a distinctly new sprite. I never thought about how your lead Pokemon won't come flying out of a Poke Ball (because it's already out), but this does seem to confirm that the Pokemon following you is restricted to your lead.
Actually, he didn't specify if the following pokémon was the lead; it could have been the third one on the party, and Pokébeach's webmaster decided to switch it in just to check if it would come flying out of its PokéBall or not.

Well I'm not sure about red gyarados'. When I get heart gold I'm sticking with my iv bred ev trained blue one ^_^. I mean think about it, the second that hg/ss hits the shelves in Japan every trainer will have a red gyarados in his/hers team which for me makes it so uncool. I like to use pokemon that not many people use these days in my team. Thats not to say I won't try and get one with a good nature and good iv's, because I'm sure there will be people out there who won't have hg/ss and will want a legit shiny gyara! X)
Yeah that's what kinda suck about the red gyarados now. Everyone will have one on their team since it's so easy to get a shiny gyarados. So much for getting a good IV shiny magikarp from my Pearl's RNG.

Actually, he didn't specify if the following pokémon was the lead; it could have been the third one on the party, and Pokébeach's webmaster decided to switch it in just to check if it would come flying out of its PokéBall or not.
Right you are. Hopefully it's not restricted to the lead :/

And those Johto starters look like fan-made sprites.
Edit: I'm pretty sure that Lugia sprite is fake too, as It hasn't appeared in any official medium, only in some kid's youtube intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)