HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Asking again: did anyone find a video showing the mysterious ?-pokémon battle Pokémon Sunday will reveal next week? I only got this one, but the quality is pretty bad... One admin from another forum said the pokémon's cry sounded like Mewtwo's (!) and it seems so to me, but that video is just too inconclusive :/

You mean when they showed Gold battling the big question mark at the end? I definitely heard something. It sounded a bit like Mewtwo but I thought it sounded a bit like Celebi's cry also. All in all I just couldn't tell.

They definitley did mention Mewtwo though in the video and they showed him along with those other pokemon (Blaziken, Lucario etch) so it could be him.

Another thing though. Pause at 2:43 and look at the top hand right corner. Could that be a new pokemon?

Edit: On second thought it looks more like Skymin to me.

a bit random.. but an ability tutor wouldn't be so bad. I mean instead of breeding and breeding for the right ability adds to the frustration. So if the tutor restricts the abilities to the ones its suppose to have then I think that is fair game. However, some Pokemon should get a few abilities on the side like lets say for example Bastiodon was to get Solid Rock... Just saying.

You mean when they showed Gold battling the big question mark at the end? I definitely heard something. It sounded a bit like Mewtwo but I thought it sounded a bit like Celebi's cry also. All in all I just couldn't tell.

They definitley did mention Mewtwo though in the video and they showed him along with those other pokemon (Blaziken, Lucario etch) so it could be him.

Another thing though. Pause at 2:43 and look at the top hand right corner. Could that be a new pokemon?

Edit: On second thought it looks more like Skymin to me.
It's Skymin. Does anyone know what they said on those Pokemon (Mewtwo, Lucario..etc) ?

If that item were to be included, I highly doubt it will help Lickylicky as much as you're expecting. It's a one-time only item that (iirc) can't be used by the Pokemon, effectively a confusion-inducing X-Attack. I just like the nostalgia of such an item. =]
According to Bulbapedia, its a held item, so it could be useful for anything with Own Tempo (or for anyone who considers themselves lucky...).

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
it would basically mean licky's attack would be around 530, with even nature and about 220 attack evs. on the switch in. It would work only once though. Which basically means an extremely powerful bulky attacker.

In regards to the Berserk Gene; how does the Platinum Orb work when you try to trade it from Platinum to Diamond/Pearl? Surely the same thing could apply?

In regards to the Berserk Gene; how does the Platinum Orb work when you try to trade it from Platinum to Diamond/Pearl? Surely the same thing could apply?
It automatically detaches from Giratina and goes back in the bag when you go into the Union Room. Giratina is the only Pokemon capable of holding the orb, BTW.

EDIT: For those of you who may be wondering about the quote in my sig, it specifically refers to Scizor. I run a physical sweeping Arbok on shoddy with Life Orb and Fire Fang. OHKOs most Scizor.

Regarding the Lugia sprite, Serebii has some pics up though the quality's pretty bad

Edit: pic got updated to better quality

Are you insane?

Intimidate better than Drizzle?
Drizzle is a better trait, but not everyone wants instant rain for all their teams. If I was given the option between the two I would honestly use Intimidate because I hate weather, but Drizzle would probably send it to ubers anyway :/

For those of you who may be wondering about the quote in my sig, it specifically refers to Scizor. I run a physical sweeping Arbok on shoddy with Life Orb and Fire Fang. OHKOs most Scizor.
lol being able to OHKO Scizor doesn't do justice for otherwise being a below-average Pokemon hence its NU tiering.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol being able to OHKO Scizor doesn't do justice for otherwise being a below-average Pokemon hence its NU tiering.
Allow me to use an analogy here.

Let arbok be the Charlotte bobcats and scizor the LA Lakers. Obviously the LA Lakers are one of the best teams in the league, kicking everyone's asses. However, LA Lakers have one huge flaw against the bobcats because they continually lose against them. Yet they still win a championship. Just because the LA Lakers are beaten by a lower tier team, doesn't mean that they suck. It just means they have a unexpected weakness, but it still allows them to kick ass. Therefore, Scizor, while having an arbok flaw, is still used in OU, because quite frankly, it kicks ass.

I'm pretty annoyed that Ho-Oh has the same old rubbish pose but maybe they're beta sprites that'll be replaced. Lugia looks cool though.

And yeah I agree with the Scizor and Arbok stuff. Arbok may do well Vs. Scizor but it's all 3 of weak, slow and frail otherwise, while Scizor has the most powerful priority attack outside of Extreme Killer Arceus. Very rubbish. It's a cool-looking pokémon though, and it definitely beats Scizor in the options category: basically every decent Scizor set is a pick-and-mix out of substitute/swords dance/X-scissor/bullet punch/brick break/superpower. No variety at all, pretty much. Arbok meanwhile can choose between physically attacking or running the 'Neurotoxin' set. Both are bad outside of NU though.

It says on Serebii that you can register two key items, awesome! and Itemfinder is now added to the PokeGear.

And yeah I agree with the Scizor and Arbok stuff. Arbok may do well Vs. Scizor but it's all 3 of weak, slow and frail otherwise, while Scizor has the most powerful priority attack outside of Extreme Killer Arceus.
If he can take Scizor attacks then is not frail at all, many OU cry about CB Scizor's Bullet PAWNCH anyway.

Pokegear is back! and with A LOT radio channels to choose from =D

Arbok has intimidate and resists X-Scissor and superpower. Bullet punch hits neutral, but it's only actually 90BP. I'd expect it's a 3HKO or something if Arbok has intimidate and invests in defence. Not bad I guess, but a decent STAB attack from anything else would probably OHKO Arbok.

And is it me or does Pokégear look to be sort of a Pokétch v2?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
EDIT: For those of you who may be wondering about the quote in my sig, it specifically refers to Scizor. I run a physical sweeping Arbok on shoddy with Life Orb and Fire Fang. OHKOs most Scizor.
Again, no one really cares if you use X NU Pokemon to beat Y OU Pokemon on Shoddy. And if you go by that logic then Blissey should drop out of OU because Primeape can Close Combat it to death.

But okay let's drop the whole Arbok/Scizor thing. And Missingno. Master this applies to your future posts too, because it is really starting to get on my nerves and I'm pretty sure others' too.

Lugia's sprite = awesome. What is up with the legs though?
Ho-oh's sprite = could've been better...at least they could've used the original Gold/Crystal sprite for it.
Entei's sprite: Looks babyish but okay

Speculation: IF Red Gyara is to get a new ability, which it most likely won't have, it will probably be swift swim, because the machine by Team Rocket forces evolution and therefore not only does Gyara keep Karp's colors it keeps the ability. Don't want it to happen because Intimidate is better by a mile, though.

NEP Pichu can't evolve... :(

Oh and finally
Zog said:
while Scizor has the most powerful priority attack outside of Extreme Killer Arceus
More like the 13th most powerful or something due to the countless Sucker Punches, Deo-A/Togekiss/Arceus Extremespeeds.

EDIT: Hamstern: It can't be their second-frame sprites due to the fact that the "Wild Lugia/Ho-oh appeared" message appeared already. The animation finishes before the text begins to appear.

Couldn't the lugia and ho-oh sprite be the secondary sprite? It might just be the bad quality on the picture, but I think lugias legs looks a bit weird but I like it way more than the D/P/P sprite.

So notched-ear Pichu can't evolve and can't be traded? That makes sense considering its a one of its kind Pokemon.

Also i like the registering of two key items. They will mostly be occupied with the Bike and the Vs Seeker for me though.

Again, no one really cares if you use X NU Pokemon to beat Y OU Pokemon on Shoddy. And if you go by that logic then Blissey should drop out of OU because Primeape can Close Combat it to death.
Also consider typing, Primeape vs Blissye it's a obvious match, but Arbok vs Scizor isn't that obvious.

lolbigsizetoleaveawaythearbokandscizorstuff
Anyway what's the point of the pichus event? pichu sucks anyway and I don't see where's celebi >_<

Anyone has noticed Dialga, Palkia and Giratina sprites are the same as Platinum? I with we could obtain pokemon from DPPt since many of them are evolution from other generation pokemon but no new sprites worry me =/

They might just give the new sprites to the Pokemon who make it into the Johto dex. Like how Moltres roams in Platinum but didn't get a new sprite.

And personally, I don't think the cry sounded that similair to Mewtwo's.

Also consider typing, Primeape vs Blissye it's a obvious match, but Arbok vs Scizor isn't that obvious.

lolbigsizetoleaveawaythearbokandscizorstuff
Anyway what's the point of the pichus event? pichu sucks anyway and I don't see where's celebi >_<

Anyone has noticed Dialga, Palkia and Giratina sprites are the same as Platinum? I with we could obtain pokemon from DPPt since many of them are evolution from other generation pokemon but no new sprites worry me =/
It looks like they're following the pattern of FR/LG and Platinum where the only pokes that got new sprites are those included in the pre-national Pokedex for that region.

Hm, being able to register two key items is great, a really simple addition that goes a long way. Come to think of it, it's surprising it hasn't been introduced before. There's been plenty of times I've wanted the convenience of having things like the Vs Seeker, Fishing Rod and Bike out at the same time :)

So mewtwo and lati@s were confirmed D:

Regarding the Lugia sprite, Serebii has some pics up though the quality's pretty bad

mmmm
Why I'm the only one that likes D/P/Pt sprite better?
I think Lugia is awesome in the current games D:
I would still like that sprite though...
And for Ho-Oh D:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Look at its sprites in that celebi fanatic's site.... I hope it's just an impression of mine due to the low quality/dimension of the pics, but...
Ho-Oh has now got much bigger wings (good) but littler Head, with littler Crest and smaller beak, making it much more childish D:

Edit:
Entei looks always the same: Regal but old and dumb <.<

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lol what the fuck did they do to Ho-oh, it looks... no wait it's actually good. Lugia is the one with the ankward sprite, just look at it, it looks... no wait it's also acceptable. But now, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ENTEI LOL?

Something I've noticed on these sprites is that they look like different. It's like they have a different shading, or outline (is that the correct term?). I don't if that's good or bad, but whatever. What matters is that Lugia/Ho-oh's resting places are awesome.

By the way, Notch-Ear Pichu can't be traded or evolved. Soooooo...

What are those keychains again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)