HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Gyarados isn't even going to have Drizzle (which is better than Intimidate) so let's drop it.

What is everybody's opinion on how the following items will be handled?

Apricorns/Apricorn Balls
Park Ball
Slowpoketail
Ragecandybar
Berserk Gene

Ranked in order of importance, imo.

Here's what I think, allowing for max compatability with D/P/Pt:

Apricorns: Key item "Apricorn Case" or something for Apricorn storing.
Apricorn/Park Ball: Reverts to Poke Ball when sent to D/P/Pt.
Slowpoketail: none at Rocket Base, just leave the scammer (a yummy Slowpoketail can be yours for only 1000000!) in.
Ragecandybar: "Bruno came in and bought our whole supply! Sorry!"
Berserk Gene: leave it out.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Apricorns: I agree with the Apricorn Case.
Apricorn/Park Ball: Is shown in DPPt as a PokéBall... Or they become Ball Capsules. And isn't there a Park Ball in DPPt for Pal Park?
Slowpoketail: Only that scammer and that's it.
Ragecandybar: It became a running gag since FRLG, so yeah none of them again.
Berserk Gene: The key item needed to get to Cerulean Cave or whatever dungeon Mewtwo will be. Will be there, hidden in the patch of water in front of the old entrance to Cerulean Cave, or somewhere else.

Hopefully Steelix's sprite gets a revamp much like Gyarados. I have always liked the posture Arbok was in, maybe they are going in that direction for the rest of the snake/worm-like pokemon?

Apricorns: Agreed
Apricorn/Park Ball: Reverting to a similar ball :D, Park Ball = Safari Ball, etc
Slowpoketail: Agreed
Ragecandybar: Lol indeed.
Berserk Gene: Leave it out D:

Still no news on Celebi though the fact that they are waiting this long means the event should be big :S, no news of Kanto either. I like gyra's new pose though I'd go for a sexier feraligator one.

Has anyone else noticed how the new Pichus' signature moves could work together in an interesting, albeit rubbish, strategy in doubles?

As in, have a low HP PC Pichu use Endeavour on a NE Pichu which uses pain split on something? I know it sucks and you'd be better off endeavouring the enemy but... yeah. Could work sort of but I have to admit it sucks. Looks like they intended something like that, anyway.

Well it's still not coming out for a couple months. I don't recall all events being announced prior to the release of the other games either.
No Kanto news does bug me, but it seems to me they are taking their time releasing information about it. There's still August Corocoro.

Just make trading like the time machine in the original so you can't trade Pokemon holding the Berserk Gene or Ragecandybar, seems logical rather than leaving them out of the game.

umm its been so many years what were those?
You had the option of trading pokemon from gold to red and vice versa, but they stopped you from trading pokemon that had moves not avalible in red as well as 2nd gen Pokemon, I don't see why they can't implement this feature here.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You had the option of trading pokemon from gold to red and vice versa, but they stopped you from trading pokemon that had moves not avalible in red as well as 2nd gen Pokemon, I don't see why they can't implement this feature here.
:D Oh yeah I remember dealing with all that nonsense, I just don't remember what the "rage candybar" and "berserker gene" were. Thanks XD

Berserk Gene was found in Cerulean (sp?) city, it boosted attack at the cost of being confused.

Ragecandybar was an item sold in Mahogony (sp?) town, I think it restored HP, don't remember everything other than the fact that it was useless to me.

Hey, while not exactly related to the games, I was wondering if the anime will reflect these games. The Johto starters are already in the new movie, mayby ash will get a call from elm or oak after he finishes sinnoh to go back to johto so he can compete in the league again? He could recollect the badges, except this time the gym leaders and e-4 would have sinnoh pokes...
Problem is, by the time ash finishes sinnoh, generation 5 might be on the way.

Hey, while not exactly related to the games, I was wondering if the anime will reflect these games. The Johto starters are already in the new movie, mayby ash will get a call from elm or oak after he finishes sinnoh to go back to johto so he can compete in the league again? He could recollect the badges, except this time the gym leaders and e-4 would have sinnoh pokes...
Problem is, by the time ash finishes sinnoh, generation 5 might be on the way.
Nah, that's definitely not happening. If anything, they'll do something like they did after Hoenn, where they combined FR/LG and Emerald by having the Battle Frontier in Kanto. Only this time, they'll have the Platinum Battle Frontier in Johto.

Apricorns: Separate pocket in the bag.
Apricorn/Park Ball: Patches with the necessary data when sent to D/P/Pt.
Slowpoketail: See Apricorn/Park Ball.
Ragecandybar: See Slowpoketail.
Berserk Gene: See RageCandyBar, OR, make it a Key Item involved in obtaining Mewtwo. For the record, I already called this theory LOOOOOOOONG before Mewtwo was revealed to be in the game.

Oh, and I somehow doubt that the Red Gyarados gets Drizzle. Anyone consider the possibility that it could be raining there NATURALLY?

Oh, and I somehow doubt that the Red Gyarados gets Drizzle. Anyone consider the possibility that it could be raining there NATURALLY?
Has anybody noticed that the first couple of posts involving Red Gyarados and Drizzle were sarcastic examples to support an argument against new abilities in HG/SS?

I'm not picking on you, Missingno. Master, you are just a convenient same-page quote.

EDIT: support --v
Even though I was the one to bring that supposition up, it's true. If we go by the same logic I presented before, Red Gyarados now has Drizzle and that's why Lake of Rage has rain now :/

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Did anyone else notice the fact that both Smoochum and Magby have the exact same facial expression in their artwork? I thought it was funny, because they were one right after the other in that video.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
You're a few days late on that conversation Garganator, but I'm assuming Own tempo would do for Berserk Gene what it does for the HP/Confusion Berries.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
If that item were to be included, I highly doubt it will help Lickylicky as much as you're expecting. It's a one-time only item that (iirc) can't be used by the Pokemon, effectively a confusion-inducing X-Attack. I just like the nostalgia of such an item. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)