What was the worst damage inflicted upon any of your games, by yourself or anyone?

Wow, I wish I had stories this good. :P

The worst I've had was a DS doused in water. The last house I lived in caught fire in the attic above my bedroom. My room was drenched in the process of putting out the fire, my DS being one of the casualties. (And a computer, too. T-T) In the aftermath I found the DS lying on the floor and checked to see if it was somehow still working--it wasn't, so I stuffed it in a file cabinet and left it there as our family moved out.

A few days later I went back there to see if anything could be salvaged. I checked the file cabinet and found my DS still where I left it. I tried turning it on--and it worked! I couldn't believe it! The only thing that ended up no longer working was my ability to charge and play at the same time, but I didn't care--I had my DS back! I think I still have it lying around somewhere (I've bought a DS Lite since then so I don't know where it could be) and it still works. To this day I find it a little hard to believe.

Oh, and I've taken apart a faulty Nintendo 64 controller with a screwdriver--and I couldn't put it back together. >_<

Well besides throwing a joystick against the wall (which miraculusly survived), I haven't done anything crazy. My cousin though is another story. He smashed his computer screen with his keyboard because the pc crashed while he was playing a game...

Oh, and I've taken apart a faulty Nintendo 64 controller with a screwdriver--and I couldn't put it back together. >_<
That made me lol for some reason...

I had my DS (Phat) in my backpack, back in 7th grade, and I was mad about something that I no longer remember. I threw my backpack against my locker and one of the hinges for the DS broke, it still works fine though, my little sister uses it to play her Animal Crossing.

Back when I was 8 years old, in 1994, my brother and I played a baseball game on there all the time called "Hardball III." We decided to play each other on the all-star game, and we were both very pissed at each other, accusing each other of cheating, screaming at one another, and started to hit one another on the shoulder and arm. It was starting to get violent!

My dad, who had warned us before about our behavior on the game, had enough. He storms into the living room, and he didn't even turn off the Sega Genesis like he did before. He ripped the cartridge out of the system, went outside, grabbed a Machete, and chopped the game up into hundreds of pieces!!! It was painful to watch!

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The worst damage I've seen on any of my games happened about 8 years ago but I remember it because I've never seen that happen ever again, it was so weird. I was playing my Playstation(the first one) and than I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back my 3 year old sister was jumping on the Playstation, I yelled at her and opened the Playstation to make sure the game was ok...the game was broken in half.

Nothing that bad ever happened again but last summer my younger brother and I were playing SSBB and when I won he got so mad that he threw his Gamecube controller on the floor, now when you use it your character will sometimes randomly move to the right but I make him use that one if he wants to play.

EDIT:
My dad, who had warned us before about our behavior on the game, had enough. He storms into the living room, and he didn't even turn off the Sega Genesis like he did before. He ripped the cartridge out of the system, went outside, grabbed a Machete, and chopped the game up into hundreds of pieces!!! It was painful to watch!
I see where you and your brother got your anger problems from, but a machete? Thats crazy

I've never physically damaged any games, but my Emerald cartridge somehow glitched up and deleted itself.

The most I did was ended up leaving my emerald game in my jeans pocket, and it got washed. It still works, though. Though, I think my worst mishap with my ds, is when my grandmother was constantly tripping over the charging cord. I managed to get twenty bucks for it, though :3

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
When I was little I had this spyro game(which i sucked at) and got massively pissed at how much i kept losing. So to solve this I took the ps1 controller and threw it at the console. The playstation itself died, (though eventually we got it fixed) and it somehow still works to this very day.

Oh and also i smashed my xbox controller recently against the floor while playing CoD on x-box live :[

My GBA got dropped continuously throughout its life. I remember one time I left it on a table, walked off, heard a crash, and realized I hadn't taken off the headphones. :( I really was a "butterfingers" kind of guy back then.

I've also gone through countless Gamecube controller through overuse and greasy fingers. Normally the Joystick would get stuck in left.

In terms of Glitched games, my Blue version would erase its data once I reached the SS Anne. :(

Don't know if it counts as damage, but when I was still a dumb naive kid I traded Super Mario Deluxe, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure and some Mickey Mouse GBA SNES port for some weird Gold/Silver compilation cartridge. Obviously it was a fake and didn't work at all. Most of the text seemed to have been translated with Google Translate, some was Japanese, and some was just completely removed and I was just scrolling through empty text boxes.

A few months ago my DS Lite fell in water. I got a repaired one, but I really hate those as they all seem horribly fragile.

My Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (PLAY IT) cartridge was probably thrown around too much, because at some point the solar sensor stopped working and I'd suddenly get 10/10 solar... thingies in the gauge randomly. Also, I lost the cartridge and never found it ever again, it was probably thrown out.

My Animal Crossing: Wild World cartridge was lost and when we found it it had been chewed by my dog, thus making it unplayable.

Um well i thought it would be nice to play my DS while looking at the stars..................on my roof.............. and well i kindof lost my grip of the DS......... and i kindof slid off my 2 story house............and then landed on my front steps............and bounced down the steps........

and when it finally came to a stop all that had happened was the screens position no longer locked. There must be a God! :toast:

this is not physical damage to a game, but might result in physical damage to my cousin.
okay, this just happened today. my uncle and aunt came to visit today, bringing along my 8 and 5 year old cousins. the 8 year old is just getting into pokemon, and her favorite poke is jirachi. i boot up my platinum, and show her the jirachi that i have. later on, i turn my platinum back on to get back to EV training my giratina (fucking 4 weeks to get a bold with 31/31/31 defenses) only to find out she had started a new game and saved over it because "i wanted to catch my own jirachi and i don't like infernape."
are you fucking kidding me?
i just lost every EVed poke and legendary i had.
FUCK.

I have not inflicted any damage to any of my games but I did do something to my GameCube controller. I was playing Dragonball Z Budokai 2 and coudn't beat Frieza(I think) and I kept slamming the controller down on the ground until it didn't work. I learned my lesson to never do that again and get angry at a game :)

My dog's gotten a hold of 2-3 Game Cube controllers. One of them was completely destroyed, while the other only lost the joy stick.

My Brother ate, and i mean chewed off then swallowed (i know because i had to change his diapers) all the buttons off my gamecube controller. now granted he was only 2. thats still pretty messed up. i still have the controler in fact and it still works :) hahahaha

this is not physical damage to a game, but might result in physical damage to my cousin.
okay, this just happened today. my uncle and aunt came to visit today, bringing along my 8 and 5 year old cousins. the 8 year old is just getting into pokemon, and her favorite poke is jirachi. i boot up my platinum, and show her the jirachi that i have. later on, i turn my platinum back on to get back to EV training my giratina (fucking 4 weeks to get a bold with 31/31/31 defenses) only to find out she had started a new game and saved over it because "i wanted to catch my own jirachi and i don't like infernape."
are you fucking kidding me?
i just lost every EVed poke and legendary i had.
FUCK.
This has happened to me as well, except on my Sapphire version. A tip of advice: Hide your games next time bud. Kids are pretty stupid.

I, unfortunately, was not good at taking care of my stuff when I was younger. Nearly all of my GameCube games are unreadable or require many tries to get em to work.

Biggest damage inflicted on a system would be my DS. I'm sure a lot of people here have seen broken upper screen and stuff. I have a DS in which the upper screen is slowly breaking apart from the bottom part of the system. You can actually turn the upper part by nearly a 90 degrees.

Edit : Interestingly enough, you can still play it if you adjust the upper screen a bit (although you're pretty much force to either have some sort of support or hold have a couple of your fingers hold it).

Game Pain

The Gauntlet

I had been requesting a new GBA SP cartridge for quite a while, considering it was around my birthday. My parents seemingly didn't care. Eventually, I started begging for them to even take me out so I could buy a game myself. I could never fully remember what the game was, but I'm pretty sure It had something to do with Pokemon.

My mom is and was always nice, passionate, and considerate. I came home from school one day (still in Elementary I believe) and I find a game package that was sealed with a plastic rectangle-like frame, and plastered with a nice red $10 sticker. My heart sank. My dad expected this to be my long-awaited gift. I looked at the game title. "The Gauntlet" stared right back at me. My mom had probably picked it out at Gamestop or something. My mom had tried her hardest into looking for a game that might satisfy me. However, I played it, and was disgusted by the theme, and the quality, and how cheap it was. My mom sensed my discomfort when I told her how much I hated it. (note: this was a time when my brain functions were not nearly as advanced and properly responsive as they should be. *cough*I was a child*cough*) I just shut the game up in one of my drawers and left it there. Only later was it revealed to me how hard my mom tried to help and satisfy me, and how much I had hurt her. I was shaken. I wanted to make up with her, but the game had been smashed completely in some bizarre car incident (the details of which still elude me) just when I had taken a faint liking to it. My mom was going to take it back and get a new game, but I had to brake the news to her. She though I had intentionally smashed it, and my lack of an explanation only seemed to confirm this even more. She seemed to have forgiven me for what happened, but I will always feel guilty, not only for my emotional predicament, but because I smashed a game that nobody has even heard of (most likely)

I wonder how much I can get for that now... *schemes*

I have broken or damaged numerous other video game related items:

1. The left screen-thing on my gamecube has been smashed inward towards the gamecube's interior, yet it works fine. (it just looks unattractive)

2. I have dropped my Nintendo DS Lite onto the hot and unforgiving bricks of the exterior of my house many times, giving it small scratches and dents here and there. (It is surprisingly stronger than most would think, especially considering that the average drop height was around 7 feet)

3. Let me see if I can conjure up a single game from the corners of my mind that has not been washed in my pants. Wait for it... I got nothing. (however, all of these games are fully functional, and they exclude disks. DUH!)

4. I didn't do it, but my brother left his GBA SP in the car once on a hot day, when he turned it on, it only displayed an image on the left half of the screen. The right side stayed black.

5. I'm really pushing it with this one, but I broke some string attached to my sisters GBA SP one time..... ok...I'll stop...

My step dad went on a rampage because I didn't do my chores right so he threw my Wii across the driveway. Still works but I couldn't care anymore since most of the new games for the Wii suck

I brought some ps1 games into school to lend to my friend and this big twat took the case from my pocket, opened it and stamped on all of my favourite games.

I was pretty sad.

I sat on bloody roar 2 for the ps1 and it shattered. =(

my sister melted cheese into my cybernator game for the snes because I cut the ear off of her donkey beanie baby.

This has happened to me as well, except on my Sapphire version. A tip of advice: Hide your games next time bud. Kids are pretty stupid.

Oh, but they're not. To delete a DPP save file you've got to go through the hassle of pressing that button combination and following the on-screen instructions. She was perfectly aware of what she was doing - my brother did the same to my Diamond save file and tried to blame it on his five year old sibling until I pointed out that actually you need to do all that shite to start a new game on Diamond. He shut up.

Kids aren't stupid, they're completely amoral.

i lost my GBC (purple see through) and found it years later but it was full of ants and shit. i was like O___O AWESOME.

my brother's friend tried to fix our PS2 and ended up destroying it beyond repair D:

and not video games but pokemon: my mom made me cut up my entire collection when i was younger because i had stage fright at a play i was supposed to be in and refused to go on :( she didn't even let me get a bandaid when, through my grief, i accidentally sliced my thumb open.

*/traumatized*

When I was young (~6-~8) years old, my big brother would open and mess with inside chips of Atari handlheld, whenever I'd buy one(not lynx, the pretty cheap one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)