Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Oh, I didn't know that they were available before you beat the E4. After you beat them, does he re-release them an unlimited number of tries whenever you speak to him, or only once, meaning that you'd basically get to SR for 2 of the 3 birds (1 pre E4, 1 post E4)?
You can SR for all 3 birds.

Release them, RNG for 1st bird
Beat e4 round 2, release them again, RNG for 2nd bird
Beat e4 again, release them again, RNG for last bird

Using the Poketch Coin Flip application, flip 10 times, noting the results. Then, using RNG Reporter, select "DPP Egg PID (Normal)" and click "Generate" after entering the initial seed you are targeting. Match the results of the flips with the information in the "Coin" column of the output. If you have hit the correct target time and delay the results from the coin flips will match those output by RNG Reporter. Please note that switching to the Happiness Checker application at any time during this process will invalidate your results, so it is advised to simply save with the Coin Flip application selected.

Magikarp represents heads and the PokeBall represents tails.

That step really confuses me, do you save infront of day care man, reset, hit a as fast as possible and then do the coin flips?

That part is when you are IV abusing, when you try to hit a certain seed to get desired IVs. You save in front of the man, SR when you need to to get the seed, take the egg, and you do that to verify you hit your seed.

when abusing for Egg IV's, I found some spreads out using the Time Finder earlier.
Now once I do the taps and flips to get the nature, and i save before taking the egg.
Now, when I next start the game and try and take the egg, do i set the day and time to make sure I hit the target time in the timer finder?

when abusing for Egg IV's, I found some spreads out using the Time Finder earlier.
Now once I do the taps and flips to get the nature, and i save before taking the egg.
Now, when I next start the game and try and take the egg, do i set the day and time to make sure I hit the target time in the timer finder?
After you get the shiny egg, you do the frame calibration phase to find out what frame you get the egg on. Then you find a spread that you can get with that frame or one that is odd or even like it.

Frame Calibration Phase:

7. Reset your game, and then immediately cancel the Journal and collect the egg. Remember to speak to the daycare man as quickly as you can as the frame starts to increase as soon as the Journal is canceled.

8. Immediately catch a wild Pokémon and use it to find the initial seed.

Do you go into game as fast as you can?

Where do I go to catch the wild pokemon and does the initial seed mean the seed (hex) thing on the RNG reporter?

Frame Calibration Phase:

7. Reset your game, and then immediately cancel the Journal and collect the egg. Remember to speak to the daycare man as quickly as you can as the frame starts to increase as soon as the Journal is canceled.

8. Immediately catch a wild Pokémon and use it to find the initial seed.

Do you go into game as fast as you can?

Where do I go to catch the wild pokemon and does the initial seed mean the seed (hex) thing on the RNG reporter?
Since its just for calibration for the frame, you don't have to go as fast as you can but you MUST take the egg as fast as you can. You can catch it anywhere as long as you can get the IVs for the seed. Yes, the 8 digit hex thing.

10. Hatch your Pokémon and narrow down its IVs enough to find out which frame you hit in the generated spreads. When looking at spreads in RNG Reporter, remember that A means the stat was inherited from the parent that was placed into daycare first, B second.

Where do I input this info?

Is there any reason Ditto won't appear in the Trophy Garden? I have been trying for well over 2 hours and not once was Ditto mentioned. Chansey wasn't either if that means anything. Does changing the time on my DS have anything to do with this?

Is there any reason Ditto won't appear in the Trophy Garden? I have been trying for well over 2 hours and not once was Ditto mentioned. Chansey wasn't either if that means anything. Does changing the time on my DS have anything to do with this?
If it's already in the garden, it won't appear. Check around and see if it appears at all. Remember that the garden stores the last two pokemon you had put in. It could also be bad luck. I once spent four hours resetting for Eevee.

Hmmm, that would explain it. If I had Chansey and Ditto in the last two times, which is likely, then that must be it. Thank you very much!

Edit: Well, I did find Chansey so Ditto must be the other Pokemon. Again, thanks!

But I found a spread for Ditto assuming he was slot 6. I think he might be slot 5 right now. So if he is, is it possible to use the same spread that I had, but just make it so the slot 5 Pokemon gets it instead?

Hmm
so LF

I plugged in the required IVs in Time finder

I got usable spreads at
2009 / 08 / 02 19:17:14 Delay 597 Frame 6

I can hit 597 with a bit of tweaking, i usually get in the 590s

Now say I find my only nature egg (no shiny for easier frames) and save on it after verifying my nature.
SO now, Do I set my DS to the time in the time finder?
If not, then say I use the IV's thing to narrow down my frame under the DPPt Breeding tab.
Say I hit a frame of 2
NOW do I set my DS Date and Time to the date there, and then start the game at 19:17 so that I get my seconds?
And since my date will be 2 days later, I do 2 journal flips, cancel the journal and then as soon as possible take the egg?
Now, I hatch the egg, check if I got the IVs
If I didnt, does it mean I didnt hit my delay, or am I at a different frame thanks to the moving NPCs?

Is it possible that somebody else could use the RNG finder to find the time at which I need to be to be able to hatch a shiny Pokemon? I realize it said in the OP that all questions should be in the Simple Q & A thread and believe me, I tried. I waited a week, bumping the question daily but I didn't get a response so I hoped I could find someone to respond in this topic. Of course, it may not even be possible for someone else to do this for me anyway. I have all the ID and SID information figured out, and with that being said, I hope someone can help. ;)

Edit: The reason I am unable to do this is because I can't download the required programs, I've tried numerous times and did everything it told me to do (getting a .net thing for example) but I am still unable to get it. And our computer just got all cleaned up by a friend because it crashed earlier and I don't want to download unnecessary stuff just to get it to crash again.

When breeding for shinies, I sometimes get more than one easy shiny (few jumps and flips). Is it possible to get more than one?

Lets say I got this:
First shiny: 147: jumps: 11 and coin flips: 2
Next shiny: 810: jumps: 66 and coin flips: 5
How can I (if possible) get both? (or do I have to do all the steps over again every time?)

You can get both, but that means you won't be able to reset for IVs, so there is no point really. it would be like 810 -148 = whatever frame and go to the frame and calculate it.

When breeding for shinies, I sometimes get more than one easy shiny (few jumps and flips). Is it possible to get more than one?

Lets say I got this:
First shiny: 147: jumps: 11 and coin flips: 2
Next shiny: 810: jumps: 66 and coin flips: 5
How can I (if possible) get both? (or do I have to do all the steps over again every time?)
You could very well get both, but it takes a little thinking and I've never tried this. Let me see if I can help.

Your first shiny is on frame 147. Do the procedure for that.

Now we need to adjust your method to reach frame 810. This isn't hard. Just subtract 810-147 to get 663. Because I'm too lazy to do the math, I'll give you a way to know what to do. After you get your first shiny, enter 00000000 as your seed into RNG reporter. Scroll down to frame 663 and calculate poketch taps. Use those instructions to hit your second shiny spread.

Someone check my work here. This is all theory for me.

I'll check it when I get something easy the next time.

I don't reset for IV's anyway... :P So that's no problem for me.
Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)