Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I already know how to work RNG Reporter, and have read the OP. I just have never actually tried to capture Pokémon, just breed. And now that I read the section on how to do so, I am confused about it.
Broad questions like these will receive no help. We need specifics.

I have a quick question and i apologize ahead of time if it has already been answered. I am RNG abusing for a Mesprit and this concerns the formula for journal flips. Does the mesprit i am about to relaese become a roamer that is factored in in to the formula as -1 or does the formula only count roamers that you have relaesed prior to releasing mesprit. Thanks

I have a quick question and i apologize ahead of time if it has already been answered. I am RNG abusing for a Mesprit and this concerns the formula for journal flips. Does the mesprit i am about to relaese become a roamer that is factored in in to the formula as -1 or does the formula only count roamers that you have relaesed prior to releasing mesprit. Thanks
It doesn't count in the formula because it wasn't running when you talked to it.

You don't have to. I am just eliminating any chance of user error as best I can.
well, i tried adding those two ideas, sweet scent and standing in a patch of grass. I caught a lvl. 50 Machoke and a lvl. 51 Banette, it still didnt work. Let me ask this question, again this is only for DPPt Seed finder using the "Find initial seed by stats" tab, all of those who use the "Find initial seed by IV" tab. What IV calculator do you use for this? Because I also tried using this tab with Metalkids calc. and since it only gives a range or an idea of what IV's may be, the IVs I input won't work. So what should I do? And yes, all of my clocks are right.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
well, i tried adding those two ideas, sweet scent and standing in a patch of grass. I caught a lvl. 50 Machoke and a lvl. 51 Banette, it still didnt work. Let me ask this question, again this is only for DPPt Seed finder using the "Find initial seed by stats" tab, all of those who use the "Find initial seed by IV" tab. What IV calculator do you use for this? Because I also tried using this tab with Metalkids calc. and since it only gives a range or an idea of what IV's may be, the IVs I input won't work. So what should I do? And yes, all of my clocks are right.
Give me every single bit of information that you are entering into the intial seed finder by stats and additionally keep the Pokemon that you try to seed with.

Give me every single bit of information that you are entering into the intial seed finder by stats and additionally keep the Pokemon that you try to seed with.
I will do a new attempt right now, but I will also ask, is it possible my SID is wrong? On pokemonplatinum.net, there is a guy who said he could do it with his, I'm assuming AR, with a poke I am the OT for. Now, some have said this isn't an accurate way to check. But he has gotten about 5 other peoples, and they seem satisfied. Keep in mind, I have never caught a shiny, so I can't check that way.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I will do a new attempt right now, but I will also ask, is it possible my SID is wrong? On pokemonplatinum.net, there is a guy who said he could do it with his, I'm assuming AR, with a poke I am the OT for. Now, some have said this isn't an accurate way to check. But he has gotten about 5 other peoples, and they seem satisfied. Keep in mind, I have never caught a shiny, so I can't check that way.
Your sid is not taken into account when finding an initial seed. If someone can do it with an AR that will be fine and accurate as long as the person knows what they are doing.

Your sid is not taken into account when finding an initial seed. If someone can do it with an AR that will be fine and accurate as long as the person knows what they are doing.
Ok, i will try now

Ok, i will try now
So, I did everything the same and now I got one initial seed, but now at the bottom, where the offset box is, with the two selection buttons are, they are cut in half so I cant read what they say. Finally get one seed and I still have an issue

mingot

free agent
You really don't need them, but the issue is likely that you are running windows in a non-standard DPI. As long as you can press the OK button you are fine.

You really don't need them, but the issue is likely that you are running windows in a non-standard DPI. As long as you can press the OK button you are fine.
Now, I am not sure what made it work this time, unless there is chances where sometimes you dont get any seeds. As far as I can tell, my issue for now is resolved, I appreciate all those who helped. Just one general question, where is good, consistant lvl. 50+ spots? Route 227 works, but is there more spots?

mingot

free agent
Now, I am not sure what made it work this time, unless there is chances where sometimes you dont get any seeds. As far as I can tell, my issue for now is resolved, I appreciate all those who helped. Just one general question, where is good, consistant lvl. 50+ spots? Route 227 works, but is there more spots?
You will always get a seed if you are doing it right and your clock is synched. The route above the fight area (cant remember number) works great. usually 48 (which usually work) - 52.

You will always get a seed if you are doing it right and your clock is synched. The route above the fight area (cant remember number) works great. usually 48 (which usually work) - 52.
But thats what is strange, I havent changed anything, and tried all day yesterday. Even after midnight, so my day setting hasn't changed on the reporter. But thank you for your help

Oh, and is there a way to get lower amounts of taps, cause I have done this twice and both have had happiness taps of at least 1000

I'm just starting RNG abuse for breeding and have run into a problem. Whenever I try verifying my delay using the coin flip trick I get results well within range of my target delay but when I hatch the egg and check the IVs the results I get are nowhere close to the IVs RNG reporter predicts. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

mingot

free agent
I'm just starting RNG abuse for breeding and have run into a problem. Whenever I try verifying my delay using the coin flip trick I get results well within range of my target delay but when I hatch the egg and check the IVs the results I get are nowhere close to the IVs RNG reporter predicts. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
So what frame are they on? Basically, define "nowhere near".

I'm guessing your problem may be that you are doing the coin flips before taking the egg. Other than that, try doing the frame calibration phase again.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Hi guys I have one question:

I want to catch an Abomasnow/ Snover on MT Coronet, but I saw that it has like an appear ratio of 30%-20% (can't remember) so, what can I do for get an Abo/ Snover at the first try o.o?

Or its just a matter of luck?

So what frame are they on? Basically, define "nowhere near".
That was probably not the best way to put it. the IV spread doesn't appear at all on the time finder screen.

Actually what I just realized is probably happening is I'm hitting frames outside the average I got when I did the second stage of calibration. I'll have to recalibrate and see if I can narrow down the average frame even more.

Why is it that whenever I try to generate something in TimeFinder/DPPt Capture, after I wait for it to search for results, I never get anything ? :/ Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to get a shiny Naive Heatran with HPGrass 70, but I'm not getting anything back?
Also I'm searching method J, that's for non-roamers is it not?

Why is it that whenever I try to generate something in TimeFinder/DPPt Capture, after I wait for it to search for results, I never get anything ? :/ Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to get a shiny Naive Heatran with HPGrass 70, but I'm not getting anything back?
Also I'm searching method J, that's for non-roamers is it not?
It may not be possible. Try Wichu's program to see if that works for you. You are probably looking for a near flawless shiny spread which may be impossible for you, and apparently it is not possible.

Dark-Ryu - That is what encounter slots are. Read up on it. Not that hard.

I actually tried Wichu's program and it wasn't workin' for me. Every time it would say 'done!' or whatever after searching and I'd check the other files, they'd be empty.

I actually tried Wichu's program and it wasn't workin' for me. Every time it would say 'done!' or whatever after searching and I'd check the other files, they'd be empty.

Then you are preforming a retarded user error since everyone else can do this fine most of the time. You probably have a small delay which is also not going to find anything. Try not making it have perfect stats and flawless HP.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
It may not be possible. Try Wichu's program to see if that works for you. You are probably looking for a near flawless shiny spread which may be impossible for you, and apparently it is not possible.

Dark-Ryu - That is what encounter slots are. Read up on it. Not that hard.
I think i just understood it.
For example:

I Got frame "XXXX" and then right click for encounter slots and it says: "Sweet Scent (Grass/Cave): 1"
Then I click Platinum encounter table search for the zone that i want and look wich pokemon is in the slot 1, and that pokemon ill get it.

Am i correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)