Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i can put this here im not sure but i wanted to know who would be better effective at bieng a sweeper in general (so if you are thinking a cb scizor would a physical lucario be better or worse) scizor or lucario. please help

When a pokemon is paralized, what is the chance of it being unable to move? (Fully paralized)

I'm pretty sure i know it but i want to know for sure.

Edit: I found it on site.

If a Psychic type was hit by a Bug Bite and it was carrying that berry that weakens a super-effective Bug move (Don't remember the name) does the berry activate, or does Bug Bite steal it and do normal damage?

I want to know how people go about creating their own sprites such as with pokemon, combining two pokemon together or editing different parts of them to make them look different?

What would be a good nature for a Rapidash using Morning Sun? And is breeding a Clefable with Aromatherapy worth it? I saw it could also learn Heal Bell. Are those two the same? Thanks. :D

Heal bell and aromatherapy are almost the same move; the only difference is that heal bell doesn't work on soundproof pokemon. So if you're using Exploud, Electrode or Mr. Mime, aromatherapy is better.

I would like to know if a Shedinja holds a Focus Sash and the attacking
pokemon uses Knock Off will it still hold on?

If I have a Substitute on and I use Protect, will the Sub be protected, or only my poke?

Also... Say I have a poke with Synchronize, and it has a Lum Berry.
If someone status it, the Lum Berry will heal it, but will Synchronize status the opponent as well?

If a Psychic type was hit by a Bug Bite and it was carrying that berry that weakens a super-effective Bug move (Don't remember the name) does the berry activate, or does Bug Bite steal it and do normal damage?
I'd imagine that it both steals the berry and activates its effect. But this seems like the kind of question that the Pokemon Researchers would need to answer.

I want to know how people go about creating their own sprites such as with pokemon, combining two pokemon together or editing different parts of them to make them look different?
You need access to the pokemon sprites you want to blend and a fair amount of knowledge of a photo-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.

What would be a good nature for a Rapidash using Morning Sun? And is breeding a Clefable with Aromatherapy worth it? I saw it could also learn Heal Bell. Are those two the same? Thanks. :D
Rapidash usually wants a Jolly or Adamant nature. But Arcanine does the Morning Sun thing better as its not only more bulky but it also brings a larger offensive presence.

Heal Bell affects every pokemon on your team except those with Soundproof - Electrode, Exploud, and Mr. Mime. If you don't have any of those on your team, then Heal Bell does the exact same job and its moer accessible.

I would like to know if a Shedinja holds a Focus Sash and the attacking
pokemon uses Knock Off will it still hold on?
It will definitely knock the Focus Sash off - the question is whether or not the game calculates the damage first or the Focus Sash being knocked off first. If it's the latter, Shedinja would die, whereas it would not in the former case.

If I have a Substitute on and I use Protect, will the Sub be protected, or only my poke?

Also... Say I have a poke with Synchronize, and it has a Lum Berry.
If someone status it, the Lum Berry will heal it, but will Synchronize status the opponent as well?
The Substitute will be protected.

I'm not sure about the second one but I'd think the other pokemon would be statused as well because being statused and healing off the status are probably considered separate events.

On the topic of item activations vs Pluck/Bug Bite (and also Knock Off vs Shedinja) the item activates and is gone, so the Pluck/Bug Bite user doesn't eat the berry and no item is Knocked Off and Shedinja lives.

And for the Synchronize question, Sync passes the status along before it's cured, so it'd be like:

Zapdos used Thunder Wave! Gardevoir was paralyzed!
Gardevoir's Synchronize paralyzed Zapdos!
Gardevoir's Lum Berry cured its paralysis!

Need EVs for Bulk Up Machamp with Fireblast. (again)

Also, why do they have to delete the old AaSQGaSA threads? CAn't they just store it in the archive?

What would suit this team?

p=physical
M=mixed
S=special
C=Choice

Swampert-P
Gyarados-P
Jolteon-C,S
Flygon-M,C
Scizor-P,C

I need a Special non-choice member. Blissey?

I would also like to be informed of the EV's for a Bulk Up Machamp with Fire Blast, which leads me on to this:

What kind of team support does Bulk Up Machamp need to succed? I have a Latias so far, with ideas around a Daul Screener, Speed Passer, and maybe a back-up sweeper.

Starmie, Rotom-A, Azelf, etc, etc can all fit roles as a Special Pokemon, you need to specify just a triny bit more. What flaw can you find imdiately obvious in your team.

Starmie, Rotom-A, Azelf, etc, etc can all fit roles as a Special Pokemon, you need to specify just a triny bit more. What flaw can you find imdiately obvious in your team.

I have no pokemon to take special hits, and only 1 special pokemon with decent coverage. Mixmence also hurts my team, and I can't deal with HaxRachi. Any weaknesses you can see?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Need EVs for Bulk Up Machamp with Fireblast. (again)
252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Spe with a Naughty or Lonely nature (I'd say Naughty so you can still deal with Crunches and whatnot). The neutral nature will basically allow you to 2HKO Skarm with SR up and with Fire Blast. 140 Spe outspeeds 16 Spe Skarm.

Although if I were you, I'd just use Magnezone or a lure (MixTar) to handle it.
Can the Red Gyarados in HG/SS be used to calculate one's Secret ID?
~Uiru
IIRC, it can't.

I can' use Latias either.
I have no pokemon to take special hits, and only 1 special pokemon with decent coverage. Mixmence also hurts my team, and I can't deal with HaxRachi. Any weaknesses you can see?
Assuming you mean can't, then I have a strange but pretty effective idea for you;
Lanturn. I use a weird EV Spread (80 HP / 60 Spe / 204 SpA / 166 SpD, Calm) with Thunder Wave, Surf, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt. It is actually surpassingly durable even with the low HP investment, and it hits pretty hard too and gets unresisted coverage (I think...). I was unsure when I first used it, but now it is something I consider often. At least think about it :)

Can the Red Gyarados in HG/SS be used to calculate one's Secret ID?
~Uiru
No, as its shinyness is not randomly determined. I believe it must be a completely random Shiny to use for SID extraction.

Technician: Does it boost the DAMAGE done (as stated here) or the Base Power of the move (as stated here)? Bulbapedia and Serebii's descriptions support the latter description.

I heard a rumour that in Platinum the Dusk Ball was changed to only work at night, even if you're in a cave. Is there any truth to this?

Technician: Does it boost the DAMAGE done (as stated here) or the Base Power of the move (as stated here)? Bulbapedia and Serebii's descriptions support the latter description.
It affects base power not damage.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula

I heard a rumour that in Platinum the Dusk Ball was changed to only work at night, even if you're in a cave. Is there any truth to this?
According to serebii, they still work in caves but they could be wrong.

Edit 2:
You don't need Photoshop, most people use Paint to make sprites. I'm just going to explain it in this post because all the turotials google gives me completely suck.

Search for "all pokemon sprites" on google. Choose on of the sprite sheets and save it as a .png image. Open the image in Paint and choose two of the Pokemon (If the sprites have a black backround in Paint, find a new sprite sheet, because if you don't all your sprites will lose their borders). Copy those Pokemon to a new Paint window. Use the Free-Form Select to draw around the part of one Pokemon you want to put on the other and remove it. Be sure to select the second option on the left toolbar to give the part an invisible backround. Place the part you removed onto the other Pokemon in an appropriate place. If you want to put the part behind the sprite, you have to pick up the entire Pokemon and put it on the part. Select colors from the first Pokemon and use them to color the second Pokemon in appropriate areas (i.e light areas stay lighter than dark areas). Erase any part of the first Pokemon you didn't decide to use.

General Notes:
Save your sprite as a .png image. If you save it as a .jpg image, paint will try to blend the colors by putting random dots of color everywhere.
Don't just use the Flip/Rotate command to make a copy of the part you want and put it on the other side of the Pokemon.
Fill in any part of a part that was behind some part of the original Pokemon.
Shrink the workspace to about the size of the sprite when you're done.
If you want to make the sprite have an invisible backround, you'll need to use something like Paint.net.
Watch a youtube video of someone doing this. What I wrote is probably pretty confusing and most of them do it right but don't have any descriptions of what to do.

I don't think that is true. I tried a while back and the dusk ball worked fine when I was trying to catch Giratina, and it was in broad daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)