Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does the power of grass knot depend on the target's exact weight, or are the weights sorted into groups, each with a different base power?

Hidden Power Ice 70 Power

Ok... so when Soul Silver comes out, I want to get an Ampharos and a Typhlosion with Hidden Power Ice with 70 Power.
So my question is: What are all the possible IV combinations for Hidden Power Ice 70 power? If I get all of them I can just pick out the set I like best, due to the fact I dont want to hack to get 30-31 IV's.

I know this isn't really a simple question, but I havn't seen any other question threads.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok... so when Soul Silver comes out, I want to get an Ampharos and a Typhlosion with Hidden Power Ice with 70 Power.
So my question is: What are all the possible IV combinations for Hidden Power Ice 70 power? If I get all of them I can just pick out the set I like best, due to the fact I dont want to hack to get 30-31 IV's.

I know this isn't really a simple question, but I havn't seen any other question threads.
In order to obtain Hidden Power Ice, the base formula is as follows for IVs:

Odd
Even
Even
Odd
Odd
Odd

The IV's required for HP Ice power 70 is:

So, the lower your IV values that still follow that odd, even sequence will result in a weaker HP ice.

Not really.

There are actually over 1 million combinations for HP Ice 70, which can be simplified to four IV patterns:

(EDIT: I had the wrong numbers. Use these numbers, not the ones I previously posted.)

3/3/3/2/3/3
2/2/2/3/3/3
3/2/2/3/3/3
2/3/2/3/3/3

Note that SpDef is last, not Speed.

Adding any multiple of four (including zero) to any of these four patterns will result in HP Ice 70.

For competitive use, you probably would want to use the third pattern, to max out Speed and Hit Points.
3/2/2/3/3/3

Adding 28 to each IV gives:
31/30/30/31/31/31
which is the highest said of IVs for HP Ice 70.

However, note that
3/30/6/23/3/7
will still produce HP Ice 70, since subtracting multiples of four from each IV will make the original 3/2/2/3/3/3 pattern.

In order to obtain Hidden Power Ice, the base formula is as follows for IVs:

Odd
Even
Even
Odd
Odd
Odd

The IV's required for HP Ice power 70 is:

So, the lower your IV values that still follow that odd, even sequence will result in a weaker HP ice.

To answer your question, that is the only combination for HP Ice power 70.
actually you need the 31/30/30/31/31/31 and to maintain HP Ice, you'd have to decrease each stat in increments of four

Aw, darn it. Do you think I should go for 30-31 IV's? Does everyone who play competively actually hack? If so, I guess I would have to as well, or else I would have no chance.

Edit: Wait... so if 31/30/30/31/31/31 is Ice power 70, then if you subtract 4 would 27/26/26/27/27/27 be Ice power 70?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Aw, darn it. Do you think I should go for 30-31 IV's? Does everyone who play competively actually hack? If so, I guess I would have to as well, or else I would have no chance.

Is there a HP Ice Power 70 with IV's around the 15-17 mark?
Yeah, everyone who plays competitively, hacks for the most part. It just saves hours and hours of breeding and EV training.

Actually, to my surprise, 27/26/26/27/27/27 is Hidden Power Ice base 70 as well.

Great resource to check out: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php

I need a HP water, Jolly or Modest Heatran, but I can't find the IV combo anywhere! What are the best IVs for a HP Water jolly or modest Heatran?

Is there a HP Ice Power 70 with IV's around the 15-17 mark?
Oh, not everyone hacks. The advent of RNG manipulation in particular means that it is relatively easy to get 30+ IVs and the desired nature. (Takes about an hour per Pokemon, a bit more when starting out, maybe less with luck or experience.)

EDIT:

I need a HP water, Jolly or Modest Heatran, but I can't find the IV combo anywhere! What are the best IVs for a HP Water jolly or modest Heatran?
Spreadsheets can be had here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#spreadsheets

But how about

930e02ad Modest 30/26/30/30/31/31 HP Water 59
3b1002a9 Jolly 31/30/30/30/31/31 HP Water 70

When working with those spreadsheets, it's best to use Autofilter. That should put a drop-down box in each column heading that you can use to choose what to view.

Oops, I meant Timid or Modest. But that doesn't make a HP water 70, it makes HP electric. And S64, that doesn't work with Heatran.

Any one got any good spreads for an Lead Metagross? I don't like the current EV's, and I am rubbish at making my own spreads, so any help is welcome.

Does anyone know when the garchomp vote is?
The Latias/Manaphy/Garchomp vote will occur once whoever is in charge of stat collecting determines the elligable Shoddy usernames, and then the ellegible voters need to claim their Shoddy usernames. Basically, I'd estimate a week or 2. But no one really knows, the mods can do whatever when it comes to the time.

The Latias/Manaphy/Garchomp vote will occur once whoever is in charge of stat collecting determines the elligable Shoddy usernames, and then the ellegible voters need to claim their Shoddy usernames. Basically, I'd estimate a week or 2. But no one really knows, the mods can do whatever when it comes to the time.
Thanks!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
They already are Tuskate but they won't appear if you're loading an old team. Boot up a New Team and they should all be there.

Good to see you back btw buddy.

Resetting DS clock

Does resetting the DS clock have any negative side effects on Platinum/Diamond/Pearl? Will it prevent me from doing anything in-game? Does it have a chance of deleting my pokemon or save game?

The only negative effect changing the DS's clock has is with Pal Park - when you try, the game will say it needs to synchronise clocks and you must then wait 24 hours. That's it. No other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)