Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention DSi owners:

How does WIFI work? Is it different from DS lites? Right now, when I try to go online, I get asked for a WEP key - an we don't have one. I've heard that DSis don't ask for them, and that you can actually go on the WFC through your computer connection (Meaning as long as I know the password to my home WIFI account, I can use my DSi for the same thing.)

Is this true? Can anybody tell me more about how WFC works with a DSi? thanks!
Are you on WEP or WPA? DS's cant access wi-fi with security higher than WEP so you may need to change your router settings if this is the case.

I didn't watch the whole video but I recognised the emloop window. This is pretty old if it's to do with that.

On a more immature note, I noticed the words "me" and "gay" in the jumble of letters in the link.
I don't know if that is old. Getting shinies on emerald really isn't considered legit because of the whole RNG thing. This video uses a method where you don't SR and instead you just run away and return and the pokemon will be different

How do you advance frames in HG/SS for the RNG-abuse. More specificly(sp?) in the locations for Lugia, Ho-Ho, Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and creating a Giratina in shinto ruins.

So I'm trying to get to the Sinjoh Ruins and nothing's happening. I have an event Arceus I got off the Serebii wifi chat (so it's not entirely trustworthy) and when I go to the ruins of alph and run through all the various doors, with nothing happening.

Since nowhere describes properly how to activate the event, I would assume there isn't much to it, leading me to suspect the Arceus being the problem. It's a Japanese Eigakan one allegedly, and I can see nothing wrong with it. I imagine it's been savved or something but I don't think that would make him not activate the event. So any ideas?

How do you advance frames in HG/SS for the RNG-abuse. More specificly(sp?) in the locations for Lugia, Ho-Ho, Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and creating a Giratina in shinto ruins.
Calling Professor Elm advances by 1 always, which is the most reliable. HGSS are kind of dodgy frame number wise; I only ever go for stuff below 20 whereas in Platinum I've got stuff with numbers as high as 6000.

Attention DSi owners:

How does WIFI work? Is it different from DS lites? Right now, when I try to go online, I get asked for a WEP key - an we don't have one. I've heard that DSis don't ask for them, and that you can actually go on the WFC through your computer connection (Meaning as long as I know the password to my home WIFI account, I can use my DSi for the same thing.)

Is this true? Can anybody tell me more about how WFC works with a DSi? thanks!
The DSi can use things other than WEP for dsi exclusive things (Like dsiware) but cannot in standard ds games.

And also, WEP is not as secure as WPA,(Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.) So it's recomended you use WPA as your standard security.

Personally, I use WPA, then when I get on my ds to do stuff online, I temporarily change my router settings to WEP the time being.

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody!

Also sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't see an answer like this.

EDIT: My questions:
Does beating Red (last Kanto leader) release a legendary?
And whats the current stand on PRNG abuse in HG/SS?
Is it possible to breed and and capture legends?

Pursuit
If the target switches or uses U-turn (the target must be faster for Pursuit to work on U-turn), the user deals damage at double power to the target before it is switched out. Deals damage at normal power if the target uses any other move. Does not work with Baton Pass.

In Japanese Diamond / Pearl, if a Pokemon with Choice Band / Choice Scarf / Choice Specs uses Pursuit on its first turn out, and the target switches out and is KOed, the Pokemon using Pursuit can select a new move. In English Diamond / Pearl and Platinum, the Pursuit user is locked into Pursuit.
Why did they change this mechanic from the original Japanese version? What would happen between an English and Japanese version battle match using Pursuit?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why did they change this mechanic from the original Japanese version? What would happen between an English and Japanese version battle match using Pursuit?
That depends on the host. The host of the battle is the one whose mechanics are used. Similar to Hypnosis between Plat and D/P

The version with the glitch-update will take over. In this case the japanese version had a glitch that doesn't work anymore in the english version. If they play against each other the english version dictates the game mechanics (so no glitch).

EDIT: nevermind, have been beaten and corrected. The version who hosts it is the one wich determines the mechanics...

Also my question hasn't been aswered yet.

look at OmegaDonut's first post on the first page in the RNGing thread. he gives a run down on using the radio to advance the frames

EDIT: Slowbroking, yes they respawn

I have a question.. In HeartGold/SoulSilver: Do roaming legendaries respawn after you beat the e4 if you accidentally knocked them out? And do the Nature/IV's change every time this happens?

I tried Google but some say yes, others say no.

I have a question.. In HeartGold/SoulSilver: Do roaming legendaries respawn after you beat the e4 if you accidentally knocked them out? And do the Nature/IV's change every time this happens?

I tried Google but some say yes, others say no.
Yes and yes.

I've got no idea how RNG works so sorry if this post sounds really ignorant.

Will the DPP RNG manip guide be applicable to HGSS? I've heard apparently that frame advancing or something has to be done difference with the absence of the Poketch, but other than that, is everything the same? I don't want to spend all the time going through the DPP RNG Manip guide for it not to work in HG =p

Also, is the SID necessary for RNG Manip? Just wondering if I'm going to need to grind for a shiny to make RNG work.

Whats the best possible team to have centered around Charizard in Soul Silver?

get a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, and maybe even a jolteon. Charizard isn't THAT powerful in the game.. and can't really dominate Pokemon, so a few Pokemon that can take hits would be nice.

Charizard
Kingdra
Jolteon
-Bulk Poke-
-Bulk Poke-
-Whoever you want-

Also, I have a question.. is Platinum still enjoyable to play? I got HGSS, but im totally uninterested in the game.. does Platinum still feel fun and fresh?

Ballad- I'm pretty sure they're the same, bar the frame manipulation. and about the SID. if you want to manip shinies, then yes you need your SID. Otherwise no

get a Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, and maybe even a jolteon. Charizard isn't THAT powerful in the game.. and can't really dominate Pokemon, so a few Pokemon that can take hits would be nice.

Charizard
Kingdra
Jolteon
-Bulk Poke-
-Bulk Poke-
-Whoever you want-

Also, I have a question.. is Platinum still enjoyable to play? I got HGSS, but im totally uninterested in the game.. does Platinum still feel fun and fresh?
Platinum is very fun, probably the best game in the series in terms of available Pokemon and storyline. The Distortion World is over-rated though. It's more annoying than anything.

What three moves give good coverage with Psychic? I'm going to be using this on a Mewtwo in-game, so the crappiness of Psychic in Ubers doesn't matter.

Ramblin Wreck-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/shadow ball or aura sphere? ingame pretty much everything works

JackieChun-one at a time sadly. something we hope changes in Gen 5

What three moves give good coverage with Psychic? I'm going to be using this on a Mewtwo in-game, so the crappiness of Psychic in Ubers doesn't matter.
I'd probably go with Psychic/Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere/Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, or Flamethrower. It really depends on what the rest of your team has and since I assume this is HGSS, you'll have a tough time getting more of the beams if you already used up the ones you found in Kanto.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
In emerald, and MAYBE HGSS, when you beat certain gyms, the gym leader says, "Now that you beat this gym, x stat will grow faster. How does this actually work? If you try to EV a guy before beating all the gyms, will they not have maxed out stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)