Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

I'm heading to the Seattle one. I am the only one of ANY of my friends who play who is FINALLY near a qualifier city, so they sorta asked me to represent them 'in spirit'.

I'll be really irritated if EVERYONE there has EVd pokemon. I EVd two entire teams, then I decided to go with a team I just have more experience with in battleing, plus the teams I EVd aren't all leved up fully...bleh.

I cannot wait to see all of the tons of peoples in Seattle, this is gonna be great. I wonder how many other girls are gonna be there...

Go in with the expectation that all of your opponents will have EV trained their entire party, and then you can count yourself lucky when that isn't the case.

Put me down for Seattle as well. I'm tired of showing up to these events as the awkward/friendless guy who gets cheered on by his parents/sister.

I cannot wait to see all of the tons of peoples in Seattle, this is gonna be great. I wonder how many other girls are gonna be there...
Going by last year's turnout, two or three in the senior division. I was really surprised. I know in general that males play more Pokemon than females, but why was it just three? I would have trained my sister for this year, but she's not willing to fork over 30+ dollars for HG/SS.

Going by last year's turnout, two or three in the senior division. I was really surprised. I know in general that males play more Pokemon than females, but why was it just three? I would have trained my sister for this year, but she's not willing to fork over 30+ dollars for HG/SS.
Haha, fun. I'm probably be going to be the only girl in the Dallas Senior Division then. :/

Everyone look for the asian girl with the dark red hair, beating every guy's ass at pokemon!

Haha, fun. I'm probably be going to be the only girl in the Dallas Senior Division then. :/

Everyone look for the asian girl with the dark red hair, beating every guy's ass at pokemon!
Either it's the excitement in what you said, or something else, but that makes me excited.

andrea

/me cresselias
Yeti will be at Seattle. =) Don't count on seeing toooo many girls tho. Apparently we're pretty scarce. I'll be easy to find for any of you guys at Nats! Look for the blonde chick with really long hair. <3

That will be pretty cool, actually. As much as I wanted to win and all, the lack of girls kind of had me taken aback. IIRC, all of the girls in Seattle were eliminated in the earlier rounds.

It was just a bunch of guys sitting around in the finalists' lounge, which wasn't much fun. We were all just kind of kicked back, trying to act cool, and occasionally talking about some of the matches we won.

Hopefully. If I get into the top 4, I'll be going for sure. If not, funding the trip may get a bit hairy. I'm pretty confident in my ability to make it to the top 16, but beyond that, it's kind of a coinflip.

At any rate, it's good to hear that you have a good chance of getting there.

Well, well. The Dallas tournament is pretty nearby, it's during Memorial Day weekend, and it happens to be the weekend before final exams. Hmm, sign me up for Dallas.

*Thankfully, I don't have exams for the first half of the week.

Now, to actually perfect my team and my double-battlin' skills...

Place me down for Newark as it's the closest to NYC. Thank god it's not Philly cause that was a journey and thank baby Jesus for allowing everyone that shows up to play pokemon competively this year.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anyone's going to take a little 15 year old girl that seriously
They won't take me seriously either, then. I'm 13 but I look like I'm 10 (I'm one of about 5 people in the 7th grade who aren't five foot yet) and I'll probably get some, "Hey shouldn't you be in the juniors division"

Yeah guys.
I'm going to get at least 16th in Dallas.
Anyone who knocks me out of the tournament will be knocked out.
With my fists.

Just a warning. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)