Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I'm hoping for a Water/Fighting and a Grass/Rock starter.

This is easily my favorite fanart of the sillouettes, mostly because of how awesome the grass type is. The possibility of a horn was something I think many overlooked due to the strictly curved nature of the left starters head, but I think (and hope) a grass starter like this is possible. And it could easily become Grass/Rock, which is a great typing.

On the topic of more physical fire moves, as much as I love seeing new moves, there really shouldn't be so many introduced 5th gen as the 4th gen did. The physical/special split was imo, the best change to ever come to pokemon, but I would still prefer to keep each types original affiliation dominant. For example, it wouldn't make sense to start having just as many special fighting moves as physical ones, or vice-versa for psychic. The elemental types should remain stronger on the special side, especially considering special attackers already have several disadvantages against physical ones.

I can bet you anything that the Water starter is part Ice....exactly the typeing the comunity was afraid of!
And yes it real....those are the characters of the series, i recognise the female from one of the in-game screenshots.
The starters are not bad, but they dont look cool either, however GF might surprise us with super cool evos.

I'm liking the look of these new starters, they're alot more pokemon-ey than the last 2 gens, and less like animals.

The region shape is cool too, looks kinda like sinnoh if it was thinner and longer.

I'm so looking forward to these games.

EDIT: Wait, that is sinnoh...
From the looks of it alot of the action could occur in that one city, and it might be a neat water based region where you get surf early...

The Water type looks Ice. Which is a good type in-game at least. They don't look too ridiculous though the Water one looks like a Snowman/beaver.

The grass one looks badass, I don't even know what the other two are supposed to be but it's not like I'll decide until I see their evos.

WOW. WOW. WOW. LOOK AT THAT AWESOME BATTLE SCREEN THEY HAVE TOTALLY REVAMPED IT I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES

Actually the pig thing's sprite is better than the actual image we were given so fuck.

The grass one looks badass, I don't even know what the other two are supposed to be but it's not like I'll decide until I see their evos.

WOW. WOW. WOW. LOOK AT THAT AWESOME BATTLE SCREEN THEY HAVE TOTALLY REVAMPED IT I CANT BELIEVE MY EYES

Actually the pig thing's sprite is better than the actual image we were given so fuck.
I personally think the sprites look really messy and unfinished. Hopefully it's just the way the magazine was scanned. :(

I dislike the new starters. I want my Totodile back ;_;

Oh well, the grass one probably has some potential. And if worst comes to worst, I can always rely on having a Tentacruel and Graveler.

omg...they are the most horrible piece of shit i ever saw in my entire freaking life, forget everything i said about veno, those 3 dont even deserve a fucking chance, i am really considering not playing gen 5 now only because of those shitty starters.

omg...they are the most horrible piece of shit i ever saw in my entire freaking life, forget everything i said about veno, those 3 dont even deserve a fucking chance, i am really considering not playing gen 5 now only because of those shitty starters.
Is this seriously how you guys react to this, or are you playing around?

The other pokemon might not suck, just ditch your starter.
i will do this right away, i would pick a magikarp over any of those 3, the grass one is the only one that look decent and i still dont like him, the other 2 are not fucking pokemons, its a fucking pig and snowboy.

i will do this right away, i would pick a magikarp over any of those 3, the grass one is the only one that look decent and i still dont like him, the other 2 are not fucking pokemons, its a fucking pig and snowboy.
The snow beaver thing looks kinda cuddly, I'm gonna pick it.

Evolution wise I can't really tell where these guys are headed, which is more than I can say for previous gens (e.g. Fire monkey was obviously going to become a bigger fire monkey and crocodile was going to become a bigger crocodile...these guys are just...strange)

Lol, i was a bit dissapointed when i origionally saw them, However theyve already grown on me =D!

Lucalibur calm down theres nothing wrong with the pig and despite the shell imprint and 'piplupyness' of the water type its not too bad either.

well i hated those 2, though the grass one is starting to grow on me for some reason, i am going to pick him and hope his evos are not horrible to the point i am forced to release him.

>.>
IMO the only decent looking starter is the grass one. The water one is just plain ugly (maybe he's balding...).
I think the grass is going to end up part dragon. Kinda reminds me of Flygon.
The fire one looks electric-y to me.
And I think everyone's established the ugly one's going to get ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)