Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a bug, or intended that upon tracing a pokemon with Truant on it's second turn out, your tracing pokemon also loafs around that turn? And if it's a bug, is a fix on the way?

Not sure if this qualifies simple question(s)...
Say in this situation:
Opponent: Claydol SPD: 250, Swarmpert SPD: 100
Me: Azumarill SPD: 80, Vaporeon SPD: 150

Zoom lens is attached to Vaporeon.

Azumarill used Aqua-Jet, strike first.
Claydol used Rock Slide, Hit Both Azumarill & Vaporeon
Vaporeon used Muddy Water <- Will Muddy Water accuracy be boosted by Zoom lens?
Swarmpert used EarthQuake.

2. Consider this Situation again:
Claydol used Psychic, Hit Azumarill
Swarmpert used EarthQuake.

3. Now consider Swarmpert is Jolly Nature, have a speed of 200.
Claydol used Psychic, Hit Azumarill
Swarmpert used HammerArm, hit Azumarilll

My Milotic`s spread normally has evs of 252 HP/168 Defense/ 88 Special Attack with a modest nature, but this was assuming its ivs were 31/31/31/30/31/31.... My Milotic has ivs of 30/x/30/31/31/30, which still give it Hidden Power Electric... Anyway, I realize that if I move a point from special attack into defense, it`ll have its normal stats, EXCEPT for 1 point less in speed... Is 252 HP/172 Defense/84 Special Attack the most appropriate way to adjust the spread?

According to Smogon, Accuracy is boosted if the holder moves after the target, regardless of who hits who.

With Muddy Water hitting two targets, I'm not sure what will happen. In case 3, surely there is the boost. In cases 1 and 2, my guess is that the accuracy boost will apply to the hit on Claydol, but not the hit on Swampert.

According to Smogon, Accuracy is boosted if the holder moves after the target, regardless of who hits who.

With Muddy Water hitting two targets, I'm not sure what will happen. In case 3, surely there is the boost. In cases 1 and 2, my guess is that the accuracy boost will apply to the hit on Claydol, but not the hit on Swampert.
Thanks for sharing your views.

That's what is in my mind also.
For case 1 & 2 I have the following possibility in mind:
A: Claydol get boosted Muddy Water while Swarmpert does not.
B: Both get boosted Muddy Water as one of the target moved.
C: Both will not get boosted Muddy Water as not all target had moved.

Anyone had researched on this? :P

i have yet to find a topic on this, i am unsure if maybe i missed it... or if nobody has thought of it.

Why do bird pokemon get Heat Wave. There has to be a logical explenation...? Is there something about birds i do not know, or did gamefreak just decide to throw birds a bone and give them all a strong fire move?

The description says it's hot breath. Birds have a high body temperature (though only a couple of degrees above mammals).

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
i have yet to find a topic on this, i am unsure if maybe i missed it... or if nobody has thought of it.

Why do bird pokemon get Heat Wave. There has to be a logical explenation...? Is there something about birds i do not know, or did gamefreak just decide to throw birds a bone and give them all a strong fire move?
Birds can flap their wings fast enough to create enough heat to make a wave.

My Milotic`s spread normally has evs of 252 HP/168 Defense/ 88 Special Attack with a modest nature, but this was assuming its ivs were 31/31/31/30/31/31.... My Milotic has ivs of 30/x/30/31/31/30, which still give it Hidden Power Electric... Anyway, I realize that if I move a point from special attack into defense, it`ll have its normal stats, EXCEPT for 1 point less in speed... Is 252 HP/172 Defense/84 Special Attack the most appropriate way to adjust the spread?
Is the missing point on speed negligible on my Life Orb Tank?

Okay I've got something to ask:

I'm trying to breed a Chasney with perfect IVs in HP and SDef, in FR, what can I do too increase the chances of the the Chansey have perfect IVs in HP and SDef?
(FR only, I lost my E cart a month ago T_T)

Okay I've got something to ask:

I'm trying to breed a Chasney with perfect IVs in HP and SDef, in FR, what can I do too increase the chances of the the Chansey have perfect IVs in HP and SDef?
(FR only, I lost my E cart a month ago T_T)
As you're talking about a pre-HGSS game whose RNG has not been cracked yet, the only thing you can do is to use parents with perfect IVs in those stats. (Both parents perfect is the best case, but getting one, two, or three of the (2 stats x 2 parents) right is going to help, although not as much.)

As you're talking about a pre-HGSS game whose RNG has not been cracked yet, the only thing you can do is to use parents with perfect IVs in those stats. (Both parents perfect is the best case, but getting one, two, or three of the (2 stats x 2 parents) right is going to help, although not as much.)
Okay so I'll just have to find a ditto with perfect HP/SDef IVs and a Chasney with perfect HP/SDef IVs then breed them intil I get a Chansey with perfect HP and SDef IVs?
Since that seems like a huge pain in the butt I'll just stick to perfect HP IVs.

So how can I get a ditto with perfect HP IVs?

How many Dittos should I catch intil I find one with an perfect HP IV? And how do I find out it has a 31 in it's HP IV?

(I only have FR)

Are there any situations where Ice Beam should be used over Blizzard in Hail? If I use mono-attacking Jynx, I fear Blizzard running out of PP and ruining my sweep...same for Articuno...

better not, you become a setup bait at best since you cant change moves.
If I use TrickScarf Froslass, should Destiny Bond be used?
Also, could Gengar be an effective lead?

hey how does sleep talk work in doubles? will it definitely attack an opponent or is there a chance of it attacking your partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)