Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well so far I've succesfully adquired several shinny pokés and a couple of Perfect IV'd ones. Thansk to Chamommy's guides XP...

So now I'm wondering, how can I get especific Ability, Nature, Gender, etc (like the shiny Pokés, but without the shininess)?...

or use an everstone to get the nature you want and wait to you have the egg you want.

P.S. KURTIS!!!

I think I'll try Human's method...

Since the ditto that I'll be using for breeding has perfect IVs but the nature is not the one I want.
Otherwise I would be using the everstone method...

Anyway, thanks!

PS... Big Sis Prinny (Sort of nameless afaik)

In HG, you have to fight Ho-oh, but in the prerequisites for abusing in HG you need to have beaten elite four and set foot in kanto. What do I do to get around this? Kill it then fight elite four and it'll respawn? Yes? No?

In HG, you have to fight Ho-oh, but in the prerequisites for abusing in HG you need to have beaten elite four and set foot in kanto. What do I do to get around this? Kill it then fight elite four and it'll respawn? Yes? No?
That's exactly what you do if you want to RNG Ho-Oh.

you could kill it then respawn it by beating the e4. or you could use juggler irwin calls to verify your seed. when he is not looking for a rematch (i don't know when that is) each call advances the frame by 1 and there are no pre-requisites to get his 3 responses. and he appears fairly early in the game (in the route after goldenrod). i do not know if the phone works in ho-oh's room, so you might have to save just outside.
hear is how irwin responses translate to elm responses:
K= i'm so glad you called...
E= hearing about your escapades...
P= how are you?...

Irwin's Calls dont work after you clear goldenrod city from Team Rocket. You can kill it and will respawn after the elite 4

I need some help with pokerng (I'm so hopeless XD), well whenever I search seeds on it they all seem to have ability 0 on them which isn't good cause I'm trying to catch a scyther with technician, how can I change that?

I need a clear explanation:
When the journal appears right after I hit continue, and there's the note that I defeated/caught a Pokemon, does it already advance the frame by two or not? These videos and guides are confusing at this part because one say it does, and another says it doesn't.

3 days and helpless RNG a flawless egg with no results.

I need some help with pokerng (I'm so hopeless XD), well whenever I search seeds on it they all seem to have ability 0 on them which isn't good cause I'm trying to catch a scyther with technician, how can I change that?
same thing happens to me. i suppose that's just how the rng is. hopefully someone else can give a better explanation.

OmegaForte said:
I need a clear explanation:
When the journal appears right after I hit continue, and there's the note that I defeated/caught a Pokemon, does it already advance the frame by two or not? These videos and guides are confusing at this part because one say it does, and another says it doesn't.

3 days and helpless RNG a flawless egg with no results.
yes it does. each time defeated/caught shows up, the rng advances by 2. if your going for egg ivs then this doesn't matter, you just need to find your initial frame. not a very clear explanation, but i hope it helped.

same thing happens to me. i suppose that's just how the rng is. hopefully someone else can give a better explanation.

yes it does. each time defeated/caught shows up, the rng advances by 2. if your going for egg ivs then this doesn't matter, you just need to find your initial frame. not a very clear explanation, but i hope it helped.
Oh, because apparently my initial frame is 6 but none of them give me the IV spreads I want. So I want to advance the frame to 24 since there's my target.

Thanks. Now I know I was having 22 frames instead of 24.

Ok, so I'm trying to abuse IVs for an egg in Platinum. When I calibrated, I got delays between 598 and 608. I've found a nice spread, so I decided I'd go for it. However, it never works =/ I need to hit a delay of 606 and a frame of 6, at 02:00:15 on June 18th. It takes 15 seconds for me to hit the Continue screen. I always hit my frame, but I always get delays of either 596 or 616. Anyone knows why? I'd like to use Emloop, but I don't really understand how it works, and it's not working when I imput my delays and stuff in it.

The seed I'm trying to hit is 7B020268.

Another problem... Here is my calibration- 11 secs, 594 min/606 max delays.
I'm trying to hit this:
Seed: 3F030264
Date: 7-7-2010
Delay: 602
Frame: 24

I put adjacent results but none of them match. What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone explain how one would go about RNGing for the Red Gyarados (method, frame, etc)? I can't figure it out from the little info there is about it on the front page.

Okay, so my frame was off. I noticed that if I put in Emerald into the DS, it will give me odd delays because I did this, wondering if it would stop making me get even delays and it worked.

This is pain... NPC screwed me over... was this close...
Yep, definitely this will be the last time i do this. 1 frame over again and again.

Hmmm I don't know my SID nor I have a windows computer to run the RNG software I need. Is there any thread, or any good soul (lol help please) of a person who can help me RNGing a Staryu? If there is a thread, can someone point me to it? And if someone can help me, could you please pm me? I can try to offer anything from what I might have (which sadly isnt that interesting).

Thanks in advanced, I hope I can get some help, I've bred over 100 staryus with no luck :/

Hmmmm I'm on my 9th try to RNG a Bold HP Ice zapdos but every time I try to go for it, following this seed ( 801702b3) I get a 867 frame. I'm assuming that since it is Zapdos the formula ends like this in my game:
867-6-0=861/2=430.5 Or 428 flips with 128 steps with 5 pokemon. First of all, is this correct?

I have been doing this for 8 times already always checking to see if I have hit my seed (which I have in all eight tries) yet I have always encountered the Zapdos that would come out on frame 868, 874, 873, 874, 867, etc. Let's say I messed up my math two to three times (considering I didn't mess up a 2k flip count for my Dialga I find it very unlikely that I messed up a 400 count... 8 times) so unless I actually did mess it up eight times, what exactly am I doing wrong or not doing at all that I should be?

hear is how irwin responses translate to elm responses:
K= i'm so glad you called...
E= hearing about your escapades...
P= how are you?...
Irwin's Calls dont work after you clear goldenrod city from Team Rocket. You can kill it and will respawn after the elite 4
Additionally, you can verify the seed by the roamers. I RNG'd for a shiny Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod and two shiny Ralts eggs as soon as Raikou and Entei were released from the burnt tower.

Actually, I've found verifying the seed by the roamers is faster and easier than making 10 calls, plus you don't have to worry about the frame advancing by just looking at the map. So until I finish RNGing all the other legendaries, I might leave my roamers out for seed verification.

Hmmm I don't know my SID nor I have a windows computer to run the RNG software I need. Is there any thread, or any good soul (lol help please) of a person who can help me RNGing a Staryu? If there is a thread, can someone point me to it? And if someone can help me, could you please pm me? I can try to offer anything from what I might have (which sadly isnt that interesting).

Thanks in advanced, I hope I can get some help, I've bred over 100 staryus with no luck :/
Without access to PikaTimer and RNG Reporter, you really have no choice but to soft-reset for IVs. Instead of hatching different eggs, save in front of the daycare man before you get every egg. Once you have hatched a correct nature/ability staryu, you can soft reset for the IVs on that one egg until you get the IVs you want.

Hmmmm I'm on my 9th try to RNG a Bold HP Ice zapdos but every time I try to go for it, following this seed ( 801702b3) I get a 867 frame. I'm assuming that since it is Zapdos the formula ends like this in my game:
867-6-0=861/2=430.5 Or 428 flips with 128 steps with 5 pokemon. First of all, is this correct?

I have been doing this for 8 times already always checking to see if I have hit my seed (which I have in all eight tries) yet I have always encountered the Zapdos that would come out on frame 868, 874, 873, 874, 867, etc. Let's say I messed up my math two to three times (considering I didn't mess up a 2k flip count for my Dialga I find it very unlikely that I messed up a 400 count... 8 times) so unless I actually did mess it up eight times, what exactly am I doing wrong or not doing at all that I should be?
Do you have any roamers out already? Have you already caught Moltres yet? Don't forget each roamer adds 1 to your frames, and if you caught Moltres, Zapdos's frame becomes a 1 instead of 6. Otherwise it seems to me you're just miscounting. :(

Do you have any roamers out already? Have you already caught Moltres yet? Don't forget each roamer adds 1 to your frames, and if you caught Moltres, Zapdos's frame becomes a 1 instead of 6. Otherwise it seems to me you're just miscounting. :(
Nope, no roamers out :S oh well, I'll keep trying. Thank you for your response.

I am using pikatimer.
I put in everything, and with the wanted delay you put in + 50, right?
I do everything right, and yet there are no matching coin flips results!
What could be causing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)