Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, so far Black/White is giving me very much a gen 3 vibe, in that much of the revealed pokemons look different from those of previous generations, with most being completely separate lines.

While there may be similar pokemons, I'm not convinced that any of them will be related to old pokemons. When Gen 4 is released, Bonsly and Mime.Jr were immediately given as examplesof baby-pokes. Then when Mantyke and Happiny were revealed, the resemblance is uncanny. I remember when people were saying Kricketot must be a pre-evo to illumise and volbeat, but it turns out to be a completely different line.

Looking at the released pokemon now, while there are similarities, the single-horn pokemon definitely looks too different from kanghaskhan to be a baby-form. Denchura and Ariados differ so much in color that I find it odd people are comparing them, and the fact that there are multiple arachnid species in the world only serve to enforce this point. (I'm still hoping for a diving-bell spider. Water/Bug ftw)

Baby pokemon are usually obvious as hell.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Baby_Pok%C3%A9mon
They usually have some prominent feature of the next stage in a diminished form.

This Pokemon (Ononokusu base form?) has really obvious "things" coming out of the side of its face and a large spike on its head that will both have to DISAPPEAR if it becomes Kangashkan.
While ordinary evolutions can be strange it would be very weird for a pre-evolution of an existing Pokemon to be given prominent features that have no relation to its next form and which will vanish on evolution.

The most striking features of this small Pokemon are the tusks/frills/whatever and the head spike which are also the most striking features of Ononokusu.
So yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can see a closer relationship to Kangaskhan.

====>

====>

Colours can change as Ttar's chest shows so no biggie.
Baby's lime green collar couild be the beginning of the full plate of armour.

Fun to gab about anyway....we'll so how it works out in not too long.
It could be related to no Pokemon we've seen lol

Where are people getting that that brown thing could evolve into Khangaskan (sp?)? I'm sure if they wanted to make a pre-evo, they would just use the baby in it's pouch that's been around since Gen1. Also, uhh... What exactly happens with that huge horn in it's head? Evaporates? Or is that where the future "baby" is being kept? -eyeroll- lol I believe it's completely unrelated to anything we know of currently.

I need official artwork and names ~_~ this is bothering me LOL where are you CoroCoro!?

Ugh...I was too lazy before but for whatever reason I really want to clear up my reasons for believing Ariados and Denchura are related, because Ariados is one of my favorite pokes even though it sucks, and the fact that this gen it could have a shot at having some competetive use is thrilling for me.

-They are both arachnids (duh)
-Their leg structures are very similar. A very thin rod leads out to a large main leg.
-Additionally, their front legs are both attached to their necks, and they both have yellow in their legs.
-If you look at the picture on the left, Denchura has what appears to be a pattern on its back, like Ariados.
-Ariados and Denchura both have a horn on the top of their head (look closely at the bottom of the right picture)

And yes there are differences between the two, but it's not like they would just make Ariados larger or something.

And before anyone else mentions the color scheme:

Also Scizor, Dragonite, the Jumpluff line etc.

Another really important fact is that all but one of these similarities is also present in Spinarak, the one missing being the leg structure. This may be nitpicking, but all of them also have yellow a more and more prominent color as they evolve. Not a coincidence IMO[/rant]

because a spider going super saiyan is the most awesome thing gamefreak can do for us.

no really, i would love if ariados evolved into that thing, i always loved ariados but he sucks so damn much(Cant even do a blowjob without slicking the thing off) it was impossible to find something he could do that other pokemons cant do better.

then again a bug/eletric pokemon with base 120 atack and agility would be awesome shit.

completely off topic, but I remembered something: you know How Lance had hax Dragonites that knew moves that Dragonite can't learn (barrier in Gen 1), and were below the appropriate level to evolve? (the 3 he has below level 50)

personally, I want more things like this. you would think the trainers in the E4 (the champion especially) would be superior to normal trainers. I would assume superior trainers would be capable of teaching their Pokemon moves they normally can't learn, or even get them to evolve sooner then they normally should. it would really help with the concept of the E4 and other trainers of note are "better" then everyone else (hence why they are in the E4). Id like something like this in BW, or maybe special, one-shot Pokemon (like the red Gyarados) that have special moves that can't be learned normally.

It's probably gonna be bug/elec and therefore probably not a 'Dos evo. Additionally, Ariados is based on Japanese garden spiders (IIRC) and Denchura is a tarantula. I would be very suprised if a garden spider turned into a tarantula, seeing as the guy who made up the very idea of pokemon was a huge naturalist/amature entomologist.
Pokemon change types during evolution all the time. Scizor is an obvious example, as it replaces Flying with a steel typing (which is much more farfetched then gaining an electric typing). seeing as Ariados will require an item or some new type of evolution, gaining an electric typing would be completely reasonable in the context of how it evolves. also, evolving into a different kind of arachnid is perfectly reasonable, since it's a Pokemon and not real life. they are both viewed as spiders by normal people, tarantula's just being very large spiders. it's perfectly in line for an evolution.

Ugh...I was too lazy before but for whatever reason I really want to clear up my reasons for believing Ariados and Denchura are related, because Ariados is one of my favorite pokes even though it sucks, and the fact that this gen it could have a shot at having some competetive use is thrilling for me.
Sorry, but the name is quite damning evidence that it won't.

"Denchura"

"Den" + "Chura"

Chura: How a Japanese person might pronounce the last part of "Tarantula"

Den: The japanese word for Electricity.

It's probably gonna be bug/elec and therefore probably not a 'Dos evo. Additionally, Ariados is based on Japanese garden spiders (IIRC) and Denchura is a tarantula. I would be very suprised if a garden spider turned into a tarantula, seeing as the guy who made up the very idea of pokemon was a huge naturalist/amature entomologist.

Sorry. I want an evo for him too, and Spider Web is a useful move. The best way to bump him up to UU or BL ('cause a bug/poison will likely never be OU) would be to give him an evo and renovate his movepool.

"Denchura"

"Den" + "Chura"

Sorry. I want an evo for him too, and Spider Web is a useful move. The best way to bump him up to UU or BL ('cause a bug/poison will likely never be OU) would be to give him an evo and renovate his movepool.
Remoraid -> Octillery

Just sayin' it's possible. Lol

"Denchura"

"Den" + "Chura"

Bug-Poison in OU can work. anything's possible when you have simple or magic guard as your ability :P

Ugh...I was too lazy before but for whatever reason I really want to clear up my reasons for believing Ariados and Denchura are related, because Ariados is one of my favorite pokes even though it sucks, and the fact that this gen it could have a shot at having some competetive use is thrilling for me.http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:168Ariados.png

-They are both arachnids (duh)
-Their leg structures are very similar. A very thin rod leads out to a large main leg.
-Additionally, their front legs are both attached to their necks, and they both have yellow in their legs.
-If you look at the picture on the left, Denchura has what appears to be a pattern on its back, like Ariados.
-Ariados and Denchura both have a horn on the top of their head (look closely at the bottom of the right picture)

And yes there are differences between the two, but it's not like they would just make Ariados larger or something.

And before anyone else mentions the color scheme:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:167Spinarak.png
Also Scizor, Dragonite, the Jumpluff line etc.

Another really important fact is that all but one of these similarities is also present in Spinarak, the one missing being the leg structure. This may be nitpicking, but all of them also have yellow a more and more prominent color as they evolve. Not a coincidence IMO[/rant]
This is all really great. The horn thing is pretty hard to believe though, I doubt it's really a horn, just a piece of of fur or something sticking out that happens to form a triangular shape with its leg. Also, you can see Spinarak's and Ariados' face patterns from behind, yet you can't with Dentula. I would think they would let you see the face from behind if there was one as opposed to an arbitrary pattern on its back.

Thanks for not bringing up the little thingies on its abdomen.

Why cant they evolve ariados? Especially when previous posters have shown the similarities between it and the new mon (apart from both being spiders =P).

Interesting speculation about the Ariados evolution.

a spider going super saiyan is the most awesome thing gamefreak can do for us.
Indeed.

This generation seems a lot darker than the previous four.

Well, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it's been mentioned a few times that it can't happen because Garden spiders and Tarantulas are technically different species, and the creater of pokemon is a bug enthusiast. If I recall correctly, surskit evolved from a water skating spider into a moth or mosquito pokemon. So, saying it won't happen based on species isn't exactly true IMO Now, I'm not saying it IS an Ariados evolution, but it could still be possible.

Well, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but it's been mentioned a few times that it can't happen because Garden spiders and Tarantulas are technically different species, and the creater of pokemon is a bug enthusiast. If I recall correctly, surskit evolved from a water skating spider into a moth or mosquito pokemon. So, saying it won't happen based on species isn't exactly true IMO Now, I'm not saying it IS an Ariados evolution, but it could still be possible.
Agreed. Anything's possible at this point, really.

Yeah, snake with legs, real predictable.
You're just specifically out to get me aren't you?

Smugleaf owns, btw, so it gets to break the mold.

e: to clarify, by predicatbale, I meant every generation will have an increasing number of legendaries, no less than forty-six fucking water types, no more than two fucking fire types, an increasingly OP pseudo-legendary, no more than two early-game rapefests that grow porgressively shitier, etc. etc.

This generation seems a lot darker than the previous four.
Seems a lot darker? Just like it seems more technologically advanced?

@SolarPowerX: Who said Ariados/Spinarak were "garden spiders"? If they're even based on any kind of spider in particular, Bulbapedia's two mentions (happy face spider and some ant-mimicing spider that only had a scientific name) seem most likely. Inter-species evolutions aren't impossible anyway, as long as there's some overlying theme besides "they're both arachnids".

@A.K. Swashbuckler: A little bit, yeah. But as great as Tsutarja is, "snake with legs" is probably one of the worst kinds of creative. But somehow they got away with it.

satoshi stop working on pokemon desigs after gen 2, notice how that weird bug evolution happened on gen 3. AFTER he quit, there is no bug enthusiast working on there anymore, he is still the boss, he still get his name on the credits but he dont help anymore with those. in fact the entire team changed. notice how pokemons got different from gen 2 to 3.

that thing being a ariados evo or not doesnt matter for me, i just want that shit to get good stats, typing and ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)