Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that everyone is automatically assuming all of the last 10 are totally evolutions

Dragon Some strange legendary? There actually is no plausible way for a pure Dragon to evolve from a current pokemon. Could actually be the little yellow fairy pokemon we saw at the end of the movie. It looked like GF's way to make a "cute dragon".
Buh?

Dratini
Kabigon
Horsea
Bagon
Gible

others I may have overlooked
There's plenty of ways to make dragons cute that actually involve them being dragon like.
Even Altaria looks more like a dragon

I love that everyone is automatically assuming all of the last 10 are totally evolutions

Buh?

Dratini
Kabigon
Horsea
Bagon
Gible

others I may have overlooked
There's plenty of ways to make dragons cute that actually involve them being dragon like.
Even Altaria looks more like a dragon
The rumor basically says that.
Also, Pseudo-Legendaries never had branching evolutions, so, yeah, I'm still right...

Also, considering "Floatzel doesn't need an evolution": Dusclops didn't need one, either.

The dark/fire off the end of the dex is going to be a houndoom evo.

I kept my 3rd gen houndoom at lvl 99 all these years just waiting for this moment!
Ha ha, this made me smile.

On another note, I interpret Normal as "plain" or "ordinary" rather than lacking a type (that's ???).
So Normal combined with anything doesn't really create any flavour difficulties for me.
Normal type Pokemon usually have some element of being common, mundane or nondescript.
I guess you could say, I see dual Normal/AnyType as a kind Adjective/Noun relationship that could always work.

Ok,i don't know what's happening with the speculations and all

All those typings (you know... Poison/Dragon poke, Fire/Dark etc) are confirmed?

Kabigon is Snorlax's Japanese Name.
omg, Kibago + N, jumble up the letters and you get Kabigon! N isn't Zoroark, he's actually a Snorlax in disguise, and he has a Kibago on his team. It makes sense because Snorlax was always blocking trainers ways and now he's found a way to do it permanently.

omg, Kibago + N, jumble up the letters and you get Kabigon! N isn't Zoroark, he's actually a Snorlax in disguise, and he has a Kibago on his team. It makes sense because Snorlax was always blocking trainers ways and now he's found a way to do it permanently.
Wouldn't a Snorlax be a lot fatter? As much as I would like to see N as a Pokemon in disguise, I think he's just some sort of hippy.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
So Snorlax is back to troll us again!? N is a Snorlax, who uses another Snorlax in battle? I lol'd. So many N conspiracies! I still think Lucalibur's theory is correct - N is definitely Wally, 10 years later.

i still think N is wally but i would not drop the possibility of him having a lax on his final team ready to troll all of our special sweepers.

Dragon Some strange legendary? There actually is no plausible way for a pure Dragon to evolve from a current pokemon. Could actually be the little yellow fairy pokemon we saw at the end of the movie. It looked like GF's way to make a "cute dragon".
From what movie?

As much as I want some of these rumors to be true, I'm disregarding them until they're confirmed. That old batch with tons of rumors never got confirmed and sort of faded out. I DO want all of them to be true, though.

Dragon/Poison? Not bad I guess, at least a new Dragon. Fire/Dark is whatever, as long as it's good or is a houndoom evo!

The rumor basically says that.
No they didn't
All they are, are pokemon listed only in the National Dex.
They could be evolutions, but they are just as likely legendaries (especially since those are nearing the end of the dex...) or plain old new Pokemon, such as Rotom.

Also, Pseudo-Legendaries never had branching evolutions, so, yeah, I'm still right...
No, I was replying to your comment about the Movie 14 mon being gamefreaks way of making a cute dragon.
Despite the fact that we've seen GameFreak's way of making cute dragons that actually look like dragons and not, what, a fox?
Fennic foxes?
hm

mammal, anyway.

As much as I want some of these rumors to be true, I'm disregarding them until they're confirmed. That old batch with tons of rumors never got confirmed and sort of faded out. I DO want all of them to be true, though.
What, you mean the NoA rumors?
Those were confirmed fakes by the guy who started them.

No they didn't
All they are, are pokemon listed only in the National Dex.
They could be evolutions, but they are just as likely legendaries (especially since those are nearing the end of the dex...) or plain old new Pokemon, such as Rotom.
Yeah w/e. You can speculate what legendaries they might be, man...

No, I was replying to your comment about the Movie 14 mon being gamefreaks way of making a cute dragon.
Despite the fact that we've seen GameFreak's way of making cute dragons that actually look like dragons and not, what, a fox?
Fennic foxes?
hm

mammal, anyway.
See above. No really cute dragons until now. Cuter than muk, but not "mew-cute".

Just pointing out that if Fire/Dark is the correct order for that Pokémon, it can’t be a Houndoom evolution due to the fact that Houndoom is Dark/Fire.

The placement of the types does matter when it comes to things like this. This also applies to the Ground/Bug Pokemon not being a Pinsir evolution; if it was Bug/Ground, then we could speculate this.

true, its also fun to mention houndoom is the only pokemon that is part fire with fire not being the main type.
Reshiram is Dragon/Fire.

If the leaked list really is the end of the Pokedex, I can't really see where the Movie 14 fairy thing fits in. It doesn't look dragon-like at all; and although it could be the Fire type, it looks like it is going to co-star with Reshi and Zek. If that is the case, Fire/Electric would be far more fitting(fits his colors as well).

I also feel as if it would be more reasonable to have Zekrom before Reshiram in the dex; as having White Yang come before Black Yin sounds somewhat awkward(don't forget Lugia and Kyorge were before Ho-Oh and Groudon despite being the mascot of the "second" game).

Reshiram is Dragon/Fire.

If the leaked list really is the end of the Pokedex, I can't really see where the Movie 14 fairy thing fits in. It doesn't look dragon-like at all; and although it could be the Fire type, it looks like it is going to co-star with Reshi and Zek. If that is the case, Fire/Electric would be far more fitting(fits his colors as well).

I also feel as if it would be more reasonable to have Zekrom before Reshiram in the dex; as having White Yang come before Black Yin sounds somewhat awkward(don't forget Lugia and Kyorge were before Ho-Oh and Groudon despite being the mascot of the "second" game).
until the game is out he dont exist. when the game is released then houndoom will lose his fame. heck there is also houndor but whatever.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Anyone else noticed the Grass/Poison/Ground monotype 'mon that come right before Zek and Reshi? Ergo, this gen's legendary trio - and there's a triangle here, like the starters - Grass>Ground>Poison>Grass. Sounds interesting to me.

Also, everyone that's saying "150 in regional dex - 143 new pokemon = 7 reused 'mon", that's a flawed calculation, since not all the new pokémon will be in the regional dex, like the postgame legendaries.
Impossible. We know, by this rumor, Zekrom's Dex number and also the other eleven post-Zekrom pokémon. We won't have, say, pokémon #550 being caught only after getting the National Dex because it would be pointless for it to have this number if so.

Well, he resists U-turn, so it's not like Scizor will harass him that much. Stuff like Jirachi or Metagross might be problems, but it's not like he's gonna be firing off Sludge Bombs all the time. I think it would be a defensive Pokemon (hopefully Arbok evo, Intimidate ftw), anyways. Most Dragons get a fire move, and it would make even more sense with a part-Poison dragon (chemistry, napalm, etc).
Intimidate and Shed Skin. Now that would be a killer.

IIRC, in Japanese, it's "white and black", not "black and white" as in English. So Reshiram coming first makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)