Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I lol'd at this. Hopefully I'm not the only one who get's the joke.
dont worry: you are not the only one who got it. You arent the only one who laughed hard with it, either. This thread is getting funnier and funnier.

IIRC, lateral legs provide less turning and running speed, but saves energy. Im not sure about this, though...

Also, its worth to note that, both in anime and in its description, Scizor was lighting fast. And, well, 65 base isnt fast at all.

Lol. I remember the battle that Ash had with this guy, and the guy was using a Scizor, and it was hella fast, and the guy said: Scizor, finish it off with FALSE SWIPE! xD

Well, priority only became usable in Gen4, with Technician and Bullet Punch.
Before that he only had Quick Attack.

Edit: Scizor x Heracross. Scizor was creepy fast x)

i remember a video on youtube about a guy hacking the game and changing t-bolt name to AIM FOR THE HORN and changing the type. to put it short it hit rhydon for SE. make me wonder if gamefreak know what the company that make the TV show is doing right now....

edit: Fat Fuck now what he is saying.

I think Sandstreamer is right, base speed has to do with reaction time, not how fast they are in a race. It makes sense to, what the hell would your running speed have to do with a pokemon battle? Reaction time corresponds directly with fighting. If someone throws a punch at you and you have the faster reaction time then you can throw the counter punch before theirs lands and/or before they can react and block.

Reaction speed? No, I don't think Pokemon stats are based on anything rational, but only point of that post was to show how his rationale was incorrect even if they did. Luxray only has 70 base speed yet something like Heatran has 77? It's not just about the species, a lot of it has to do with balance; that is, where the Pokemon is caught, its other stats, etc.
While I agree that GF makes some strange stat decisions to balance the metagame, Speed has just as much logic behind it than any other stat (therefore not much, but anyways..). People just often mess it up because they mistake it for "speed of movement" while it's meant to be "reaction speed" or -- the way it works in battles -- it describes the amount of time your pokemon needs to start doing its thing after you've told him so. (Also, priority attacks are reflexes.)
Luxray has a low speed stat because it's based on a lion and lions tend to be in "non-reactive state" most of their time. lol

@ above me:
It actually makes sense. The body of electric pokemon is probably using mainly electricity for everything, while i suppose fighting types use (just like animals and humans) a combination of electricity and chemincal, the chemicals being fucking slow in comparison. Of course, there is some correlation. Birds tend to move at very high speed and thus need good reflexes to evade a random tree or something. The question you should ask yourself is how the fuck should an Alakazam outrun a Rapdidash? ;)

Thats exactly why Hitmonchan is super fast. Reaction speed.
Funny sarcasm. I guess your points right since the anorexic alakazam can obviously outrun dodrio, an ostrich. In fact, being able to outrun things in a race clearly corresponds with fighting, shit how did I not realize that. Quick, someone call the track runners, they should be doing MMA.

Funny sarcasm. I guess your points right since the anorexic alakazam can obviously outrun dodrio, an ostrich. In fact, being able to outrun things in a race clearly corresponds with fighting, shit how did I not realize that. Quick, someone call the track runners, they should be doing MMA.
Lol, that was funny. And dang, I just realized that it was reaction time too, but then why is Deoxys as fast as fuck in every form, except defense?

EDIT: Wait, bees have fast reaction time? I stare at one for 30 mins and then step on it, and it doesn't move, then how is Ninjask so fast?

Deoxys is a meteor; so obviously he can run as fast as one can fall.

Or maybe not idk. This debate is kinda pointless since the speed is probably calculated based on the Pokemon itself and what fits. Does it even really matter that much :X?

Funny sarcasm. I guess your points right since the anorexic alakazam can obviously outrun dodrio, an ostrich.
(I edited my post)

Also, I think both you and I are wrong. I mean, theres no sense in speed stat at all...
I mean, Alakazam is fast, while Hitmonchan isnt. Also, Electrode (he rolls super fast...) is, while Dodrio isnt.

edit: Hitmonchan should be fast because he got a super reaction speed, according to your theory.

Lol, that was funny. And dang, I just realized that it was reaction time too, but then why is Deoxys as fast as fuck in every form, except defense?

EDIT: Wait, bees have fast reaction time? I stare at one for 30 mins and then step on it, and it doesn't move, then how is Ninjask so fast?
Because their wasn't enough base points to go around and fill in his speed stat to base 150. He only gets 600 total and the bulk of it went to defense and their wasn't much left to increase his speed/attacks. In cases like these, its about balance.

edit: Hitmonchan should be fast because he got a super reaction speed, according to your theory.
Your basing this off of my fist fighting example, which is an example I took from real life fighting, not pokemon. As far as hitmonchan goes, he's slow because of balance again, I think the hitmon family, like deoxys, has a certian amount of base points allowed and he must correspond with hitmonlee. Gamefreak isn't consistant, but I don't think it's too farfechted to beleive that the speed stat could be based on reaction time.

Ninjask isn't a bee. It's a Cicada. Cicada's seem to be associated with speed in a lot of other things too so idk.

Why hasn't anyone been discussing the rumors of Golduck & Jynx's Evo? I personally find it very interesting...other than "Bossduck" , too fishy lol.

Speed has nothing to do with how fast the Pokemon can run (it's not perfectly represented by agility either but it's closer). Munchlax has a Base Speed of 5 and can run almost as fast as a human. Here's what I think the stats are based off of.

HP: constitution, stamina
Atk: strength
Def: hardness, toughness
SpAtk: inteligence (oftentimes not anywhere close but overall it is)
SpDef: wisdom, resisting mind-affecting powers (nothing can really mimic what SpDef does but this is close)
Spe: dexterity, agility

The first person who identifies where the first word from each is from gets a cookie.

Yea, I guess ya'll are right. I never really thought of pokemon speed stats like that(attack reflex not running) However, according to pokedex entries, the pokemon they brag about moving fast usually have high speed, example pokedex entries: No pokemon beats infernape in swiftness, dugtrio can move at the speed of light under ground, Garchomp moves so fast that it downs trees, skarmory's is false because they say it can move at around 180mph in the pokedex, yet 70 base speed. After all said in done, Regardless of the species of pokemon. Game freak will always adjust the base speed of pokemon so they won't be brocken in the video game.

Yea, I guess ya'll are right. I never really thought of pokemon speed stats like that(attack reflex not running) However, according to pokedex entries, the pokemon they brag about moving fast usually have high speed, example pokedex entries: No pokemon beats infernape in swiftness, dugtrio can move at the speed of light under ground, Garchomp moves so fast that it downs trees, skarmory's is false because they say it can move at around 180mph in the pokedex, yet 70 base speed. After all said in done, Regardless of the species of pokemon. Game freak will always adjust the base speed of pokemon so they won't be brocken in the video game.
I dont mean to be offensive or anything , but can you please try double spacing? It's kind of a pain to read it like this x.x[This goes for your other posts as well]

As for the above^ , No fanks , breloom is already pr0.

Thats what I thought,he would just be a uber sporer and attacker. I just dont want all the useless Pokemon to get evos,like Luvdisc.

skylar, what kind of question is that?
obviously youve never been up against a breloom
Suprisingly I havent,but Its abilities and some of its moves are amazing,so I imagine it must be difficult.

The Pokedex entries also say the Pidgeot can fly at speeds up to Mach 2 and Tyranitar can knock down mountains and burry rivers when it rampages. I think it's clear that Pokedex entries are just complete bull shit created by a senial old man (aka, Professor Oak).

Edit: I'd rather see a Garchomp evo that's OU before a Breloom evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)