Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed has nothing to do with how fast the Pokemon can run (it's not perfectly represented by agility either but it's closer). Munchlax has a Base Speed of 5 and can run almost as fast as a human. Here's what I think the stats are based off of.

HP: constitution, stamina
Atk: strength
Def: hardness, toughness
SpAtk: inteligence (oftentimes not anywhere close but overall it is)
SpDef: wisdom, resisting mind-affecting powers (nothing can really mimic what SpDef does but this is close)
Spe: dexterity, agility

The first person who identifies where the first word from each is from gets a cookie.
To me, SpDef sounds a lot like, I don't know, being stupid, blank-minded. Hence why Amnesia boosts it 2 stages

now what im about to say might sound stupid at first but actually make sense.

smart stuff get hit hard by smart moves.

dumb stuff get hit for low damage by smart moves.

shit like psychic barely hurts stuff like slowbro who is DUMB like hell. on the other hand pokemons like Lucario(HE CAN TALK USING HIS MIND!1!) get hit hard to the point shit liek zam psychic ohko. why? because dumb stuff dont understand smart things, thus they ignore what they dont understand. on the other hand if you put 2 smart persons to discuss they are gonna raise a small mind war.

epic grammar fail here but most was on purpose: its to show i got high special defense.

To me, SpDef sounds a lot like, I don't know, being stupid, blank-minded. Hence why Amnesia boosts it 2 stages
That is true and many of the Pokemon that have high SpDef seem pretty dopey (Blissey, Snorlax, etc.) and lack of intelegence would mean that you can't be affected by mind altering things.

Edit: Of course, that would make Caterpie one of the smartest Pokemon. I don't think SpDef has any sort of concrete thing it's based off of because Gamefreak never intented it to even exist. It was only created because things like Mewtwo and Alakazam where unbeatable.

Rumors about Golduck + Jynx evolution (via new Booster items). Of course, from Pokejungle.
Aight, I’m posting this more because I think it’s an interesting concept rather than its plausibility. I don’t really believe this information to be true and it comes from 2ch just like most crazy half-assed rumors usually do

• Golduck will get an evolution named “Bossduck” (Bosudakku) if its traded with the item “Aqua Booster” (just like Magma Booster/Elec Booster).
  • Jynx will evolve in a similar manner, evolution named Rachiirudo if its traded holding the item “Chilled Booster”.
Please keep in mind that I do not expect this to be real information. But IF more “Booster” items appear who do YOU want to see get an evolution? I think in this case Golduck is kind of an arbitrary choice and doesn’t fit in with Magmar/Electabuzz/Jynx.
Can everyone shut the fuck up about what "Speed" really is and what should and shouldn't be fast? Good lord... <_<

i dont know what is worst: the name of the golduck evo or the way it evolve. yes its probably fake but...damn.

also dont mess with caterpie, he string shot all over you then bug bite your food away.

The golduck evo sounds like a load of shit to me. But Jynx isn't all that crazy considering she's apart of Magmar and Electabuzz trio/family, and they got evos so she should already have one from 4th gen.

Thats what I thought,he would just be a uber sporer and attacker. I just dont want all the useless Pokemon to get evos,like Luvdisc.
why in gods name do you want something thats unusable to remain unusable, in RSE it would be unthinkable that electabuzz, or weavile would get an evo and have a presence in OU
and want something that i find borderline broken in the first place to recieve one? if you thought that it would be in ubers anyways than why post in the first place? you do realize that brelooms focus punch is stronger than slakings return right? and that it gets 12 percent of its health back every turn due to poison heal, and that with a subseed set it can set up substitutes all day long while firing off focus punches and putting stuff to sleep?

i wouldnt even equate being blank minded to being stupid, you do realize that thousands of people daily meditate for hours to achieve the goal of blank mindedness?

edit: how does the rumour say golduck evolves?

Rumors about Golduck + Jynx evolution (via new Booster items). Of course, from Pokejungle.

Can everyone shut the fuck up about what "Speed" really is and what should and shouldn't be fast? Good lord... <_<
It sounds very suspicious to me. A Jynx evolution, after the huge controversy the pokemon created before? That sounds doubtful to me.

The golduck evo sounds like a load of shit to me. But Jynx isn't all that crazy considering she's apart of Magmar and Electabuzz trio/family, and they got evos so she should already have one from 4th gen.
If there are going to be any new Ice type Pokemon,they need to make some better Ice type moves,that goes for Flying,Bug,and Dark.

I would be interested in a Golduck evo, but maybe there would be an alternate evo to Psyduck? I'm pretty sure that the Slowpoke/Psyduck families are related (like Electabuzz/Magmar) and Slowpoke has two potential evolutions by level-up and by trade. A Jynx evo would make sense, but I'm not sure about it. I suppose it's plausible, at least, though Ice and Psychic are regarded as some of the worst defensive types. There're a lot of lines that deserve evolutions.

I wouldn't equate Special Attack with intelligence as something like Fire Blast wouldn't require that, although stuff like Psychic would. I always figured Amnesia raised Special Defense because it cleared the mind etc. I don't think any of them necessarily represent one singular thing.

I think in this case Golduck is kind of an arbitrary choice and doesn’t fit in with Magmar/Electabuzz/Jynx.
I loled at that one. Golduck always had lots in common with Magmar and Electabuzz. (I realized that in the times of GSC when you could see Golduck and Electabuzz and a rare Magmar in OU.)
These three...
- are in the same egg group (forgot its english name)
- have "elemental typings"
- learn psychic and cross chop

On a different note:
I think DDRMaster's interpretation of SpDef is correct, as both the "quite smart" and "really dumb" pokemon tend to have high SpDef. I think we can see SpDef as "not goign for Nasty Plots", either because you realize them or because you do not go for anything in the first place. xD

If she was though; wouldn't she have gotten an evolution with them? It seems more likely that shes going to evolve with Mr.Mime (they also both have the same BST in generation one; Magmar and Electabuzz both also had the same BST in that gen as well, but Magmar/Electazbuzz had quite a bit more than Jynx). I don't know how relevant BST is; but since Jynx didn't get an evo in Generation 4 it seems more likely that it will evolve with Mr.Mime.

Like someone before me said, Golduck does have to do quite a bit with Magmar and Electabuzz, so I think it's very plausible that both Golduck and Jynx will evolve, but maybe not quite how the rumors said they would

I loled at that one. Golduck always had lots in common with Magmar and Electabuzz. (I realized that in the times of GSC when you could see Golduck and Electabuzz and a rare Magmar in OU.)
These three...
- are in the same egg group (forgot its english name)
- have "elemental typings"
- learn psychic and cross chop

On a different note:
I think DDRMaster's interpretation of SpDef is correct, as both the "quite smart" and "really dumb" pokemon tend to have high SpDef. I think we can see SpDef as "not goign for Nasty Plots", either because you realize them or because you do not go for anything in the first place. xD
Actually, Golduck is not in the same egg group as Magmar and Electabuzz. Magmar and Electabuzz are in the Human shape egg group, Golduck is in the Ground and Water 1 egg group.

I thought people like Mario with Lasers made a prediction (That I agree with) that Jynx and Mr. Mime would be evolving together. I could definitely see it happening the same way they pulled off Electvire and Magmortar with the items.

On a second note, I'd rather have them both be relatively equal, with Mime being the more defensive. I just always felt Electvire was much better due to higher speed and movepool, as well as a better ability. Magmortar should have gotten bloody Flash Fire at least. :/

I thought people like Mario with Lasers made a prediction (That I agree with) that Jynx and Mr. Mime would be evolving together. I could definitely see it happening the same way they pulled off Electvire and Magmortar with the items.

On a second note, I'd rather have them both be relatively equal, with Mime being the more defensive. I just always felt Electvire was much better due to higher speed and movepool, as well as a better ability. Magmortar should have gotten bloody Flash Fire at least. :/
Magmortar is just cursed with being a pure Fire-type. Its movepool is arguably better than Electivire, what more could a Fire-type ask for? Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Cross Chop, Hidden Power Ice gives it fantastic coverage. With Salamence and Latias gone, it outpaces a lot of the metagame. Obviously Flash Fire would be the icing on the cake, but oh well.

I disagree with his (and your) prediction. Jynx received an pre- evolution along with Magmar and Electabuzz in GSC. Also if memory serves, those 3 were the only ones to learn elemental punches via level up in RBY (Ice-punch - Jynx etc).

Mr. Mime, I just don't see the relation, but it's a unique perspective nonetheless.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Speed has nothing to do with how fast the Pokemon can run (it's not perfectly represented by agility either but it's closer). Munchlax has a Base Speed of 5 and can run almost as fast as a human. Here's what I think the stats are based off of.

HP: constitution, stamina
Atk: strength
Def: hardness, toughness
SpAtk: inteligence (oftentimes not anywhere close but overall it is)
SpDef: wisdom, resisting mind-affecting powers (nothing can really mimic what SpDef does but this is close)
Spe: dexterity, agility

The first person who identifies where the first word from each is from gets a cookie.
kotor

PokeJungle said:
The previous pokedex rumor DID end at 150 and since Victini is #000 that would be 151 total pokemon in the dex… ?
I just saw this, but it made me think: if that rumor is true, 151 pokemon in the dex? Routes restarting at route 1? Isshu extremely far from the first four regions? I am really starting to think that ALL the pokemon in the Isshu dex may be completely new evolutionary lines! That still does leave room for evolutions of previous pokemon, who would be available after you get the national dex, but still! If that is the case, these games are going to be pretty badass, going back to the days of Red and Blue (and Green and Yellow, for all you nitpickers) like that.

so let me see if i get right. ho-oh theme is named Brave Heart? that is horrible. the theme of the first season of digimon was named brave heart, what a damn ripoff.

EQ and explosion will probably have they powers dropped to 50% each poke. but since explosion cut defense then you are hitting each fucking pokemon with a 250 base power move, dangerous in any possible way you can think. for the crocodile i would rather not spam scarf EQ, the american bird would atack me for destroying its land.
I think Mel Gibson had dibs on it long before Digimon did. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Digimon's first season probably never crossed their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)