Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay so I've learnt a lot of things about RNG is this help thread.
However one thing I still do not fully understand is the part of RNG to capture wild pokemon.

Let's say I've found my shiny seed using the time finder under method K.
Normally, for RNGing stationaries, I would simply enter my seed into the main window of RNG reporter after hitting and verifying my seed, advance my frame to one before my target, and capture my trophy.
However, when capturing wild pokemon, I've found that using this method, everything I will encounter the same one.
After searching around the thread, I've found that the seed (and pid?) I use generates an enemy encounter slot.

Now here's my question, as I cannot find it after searching:
How can I find out what encounter slot my seed and/or pid is producing? Can I alter it so that I can catch a different pokemon, with the same nature and IV spread that I desire?
Also, where can I look out specific routes' encounter slots?

ANY help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot to the ones that helped me :)

I'd catch a wild Pokémon (there are level 50+ Pokémon available on the mountainside of Mt. Silver - enter the cave, go to the right, exit, and you'll be in the right area) to find out exactly what seed/delay you're hitting, and adjust your timer accordingly. Opening/closing/navigating the menu does nothing to the RNG (and no NPCs can advance the frame while the menu is open), unless of course you use the PokéGear's Phone or Radio. There is 1 NPC on the route that the Daycare is on, and the recommended strategy is to calibrate once (with only 1 NPC, you don't need to calibrate several times like you do in D/P/Pt), then aim for a spread on the frame you got (or if you must, aim for a higher frame, load the game, open the menu ASAP, advance the frame with the PokéGear, close the menu, and talk to the Daycare man ASAP).
thanks for answering, but is calibrating really necessary? romsstar's guide to pikatimer says you don't really have to do it. i didn't do it for my shiny egg...and who's the NPC by the goldenrod daycare? the cop in the grass? i never see him move.

thanks for answering, but is calibrating really necessary? romsstar's guide to pikatimer says you don't really have to do it. i didn't do it for my shiny egg...and who's the NPC by the goldenrod daycare? the cop in the grass? i never see him move.
The NPC's the Youngster at the entrance of Route 34.

No no, pikatimer is just a downloadable stopwatch basically. Download it and I'll provide basically the steps you need to get your Latios.

haha well now i feel like an even bigger dumbass (i was thinking it was a poketech app) :P but ok i downloaded it and it just lookss more confusing than my iphone app with a seconds display and im spending all day todeay trying to get this RNG thing down so i can get my latios for an upcoming tounrney well until 6 cause i gotta party to go to but until then which is like 8 hours!

Hey guys, I see a lot of people who breed with shiny spread they got with their ID/SID combo. I'd like to do that too, but unfortunately I don't know what they are nor do I know if they are good. Can anyone help me figure them out?

New page.

I have been asking for help for quite some time now, basically, almost none of my elm responses match the "seed to time" searcher and I am a bit frustrated, I am sure of my SID because I have had two people tell me the same results and I am sure I have imputed it right to the RNG reporter, I am sure I am reaching the delay and I know there shouldn't be a big gap, I don't know what is going on. I was able to RNG a year ago in my platinum so I know what I am talking about and I am not inexperienced, I have been asking for help here, but so far no one has replied to my problem, if anyone could provide some insightful information, please do so.

I have been asking for help for quite some time now, basically, almost none of my elm responses match the "seed to time" searcher and I am a bit frustrated, I am sure of my SID because I have had two people tell me the same results and I am sure I have imputed it right to the RNG reporter, I am sure I am reaching the delay and I know there shouldn't be a big gap, I don't know what is going on. I was able to RNG a year ago in my platinum so I know what I am talking about and I am not inexperienced, I have been asking for help here, but so far no one has replied to my problem, if anyone could provide some insightful information, please do so.

i dont even quite know how to RNG yet but are you sure your hitting your target time? and maybe you should change the year depending on if you delay is odd or even like changing the year one makes your delay change one (odd-even, even-odd).

The NPC's the Youngster at the entrance of Route 34.
i just realized that. little bastard spins all over the place. i had NO problems getting the shiny egg in the old man's hands, it's just the elm calls aren't matching up for IVs. i think the youngster is screwing the frames up. that would advance the calls by 1 or 2 or 3 [how ever many times he changes directions] correct? if the elm calls start on the 4th in the bunch i know i'm on frame 5 then?

i dont even quite know how to RNG yet but are you sure your hitting your target time? and maybe you should change the year depending on if you delay is odd or even like changing the year one makes your delay change one (odd-even, even-odd).
I am pretty sure that if I hit any delay, it would be close enough to whatever I was attempting, however, none of the elm responses match anything when I use the RNG reporter

could it be that I did not download the RNG reporter correctly? there is a strange "RNGReporter.exe" file to which I never knew its function, also, when attempting to install the ".net framework" it appears that an "unknown error occured" and it was unable to download.. the RNG reporter seems to be working fine, but, could these factors be affecting something?

I don't know if it would help or not, but try changing the delay range and seconds range to +/- 99 and +/- 9 (adjacant time finder, or the seed to time function)
This would allow RNG reporter to search in a border range, and if you're missing your target delay (or even time) largely, setting it to max ranges can help it to find what you hit.
Hope that helped.

Oh and btw, i never touched the 'RNGreporter.exe' as well.

Wow today is silent here. Asking this question again before signing out:

Okay so I've learnt a lot of things about RNG is this help thread.
However one thing I still do not fully understand is the part of RNG to capture wild pokemon.

Let's say I've found my shiny seed using the time finder under method K.
Normally, for RNGing stationaries, I would simply enter my seed into the main window of RNG reporter after hitting and verifying my seed, advance my frame to one before my target, and capture my trophy.
However, when capturing wild pokemon, I've found that using this method, everything I will encounter the same one.
After searching around the thread, I've found that the seed (and pid?) I use generates an enemy encounter slot.

Now here's my question, as I cannot find it after searching:
How can I find out what encounter slot my seed and/or pid is producing? Can I alter it so that I can catch a different pokemon, with the same nature and IV spread that I desire?
Also, where can I look out specific routes' encounter slots?

ANY help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot to the ones that helped me :)
Thanks.

You can't change encounter slots - a certain frame has a certain encounter slot. Enter your seed into RNG Reporter main window, select method, enter in IV range for that seed, nature/synch/etc and hit generate. Right click on a spread and view encounter slots. There should be built in links to encounter code for each game version in that window :)

I am pretty sure that if I hit any delay, it would be close enough to whatever I was attempting, however, none of the elm responses match anything when I use the RNG reporter

could it be that I did not download the RNG reporter correctly? there is a strange "RNGReporter.exe" file to which I never knew its function, also, when attempting to install the ".net framework" it appears that an "unknown error occured" and it was unable to download.. the RNG reporter seems to be working fine, but, could these factors be affecting something?
i heard someone say that it is better if you on the administrator on your computer but other that i know nothing like i cant even figure this RNG out lol

I don't know if it would help or not, but try changing the delay range and seconds range to +/- 99 and +/- 9 (adjacant time finder, or the seed to time function)
This would allow RNG reporter to search in a border range, and if you're missing your target delay (or even time) largely, setting it to max ranges can help it to find what you hit.
Hope that helped.

Oh and btw, i never touched the 'RNGreporter.exe' as well.

Wow today is silent here. Asking this question again before signing out:

Thanks.
I had been doing this, and only one delay matched, however, it said my time was 13:00 or something when I had restarted it at 13:10, even when I hit that supposed seed, I caught the intractable Pokemon and it's stats did not match anything to what it said it would be...

@ Bakus
Thanks for the fast reply.
So, if my seed does not have a favored encounter slot in that specific area, I would either need to find another area that the encounter slot match my desired pokemon, or find another seed?

Also, if I choose to sweet scent riding a bike, and my target frame is say 14, so I advance my RNG to frame 13 and sweet scent right?

Thanks

For your first question: yes, that's right.

For your second question (I have a feeling you're doing HG/SS for some reason, which I haven't done yet with sweet scent): In DPPt, you just advance to that number of target frame. So if target is 14, you flip your journal 7times, lol.

Alright. So I am trying to catch Suicune on SS.

I have done the work in RNGreporter and Pikatimer(With the help of Coktal. :) )

And I have reached a delay after the first Elm call.

By the Elm calls, the blue bar fell to this slot, under the seed, ca0d0d27

Date
2010 5 27

Time
13:57:10

Delay

Elm Responses
(K,P,E Skipped) K,K,E,K,K,K,E,K,K

So I am sort of unsure if I suppose to put anything new in Pikatimer or not.

Before this is what I had in there.

Calibrated Delay
Wanted Delay
Calibrated Second
Wanted Second

First Timer
Second Timer
Minutes Before Target

Help would be much appreciated.

@ Bakus: Thanks, I am doing it in HGSS, i'll try that out tmr

I had been doing this, and only one delay matched, however, it said my time was 13:00 or something when I had restarted it at 13:10, even when I hit that supposed seed, I caught the intractable Pokemon and it's stats did not match anything to what it said it would be...
That's why I tell you to change the range to +/- 99 and +/- 9.
You see, it's either a problem of the pikatimer on your computer, or your calibration settings.
You're hitting 13:00 when you, in reality hit 13:10. This means that everytime you have to intentionally delay 10 seconds to hit your delay. So just do some math from your trial and error and adjust accordingly.

If you're certain that the one single time, you've hit your seed, and verified that it's the exact right time and right delay, with matching Elm calls (Elm calls only in HGSS), then your problem lies in wrong frame advancement if you didn't get your desired spread.

@Roz

Your ID/SID will determine spreads of pokemon in the wild. Your SID will give you any shiny you want if bred. You need someone to find it however

@Roz

Your ID/SID will determine spreads of pokemon in the wild. Your SID will give you any shiny you want if bred. You need someone to find it however
I already know what my SID is. I would like to know what are the shiny spread I have with my ID/SID combo, so I can catch wild Pokemon with them (if they are good spreads).

I already know what my SID is. I would like to know what are the shiny spread I have with my ID/SID combo, so I can catch wild Pokemon with them (if they are good spreads).

You have to use the Java RNG reporter. Just enter what you want in there, and then see the results

i figured it out! i was always starting on the 3rd frame [for reasons beyond me since the roamers were dead]. but i got my first perfect IV shiny! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)