Regenerator

Effect: This ability heals 1/3rd of this pokemons HP when switching out.

Pokemon with Regeneration:
Slowbro (Dream World)
Slowking (Dream World)
Corsola (Dream World)
Ho-oh (Dream World)
Tangrowth (Dream World)
Tabunne
Rankurusu (Dream World)
Morobareru (Dream World)
Mamanbou (Dream World)
Kojondo

This is obviously pretty awesome, and great for Ho-oh and Slowbro!

Will fighting pokemon have to be much more careful now that Slowbro, Slowking and Rankurusu can threaten to switch in with absolutely no worry?

Will Ho-oh be more effective in Ubers now that Ho-oh can switch in more than twice? Or will Zekrom and Reshiram keep in outclassed and in the trash?

As bulky pokemon, Slowbro, Slowking, Tabunne and Mamanbou will appreciate this ability, allowing them to switch in and sponge hits before switching out again. Own Tempo never really did much for the Slowpoke line, anyhow. Mamanbou might use Hydration on a rain-based team, but this is probably the better ability.

Ho-Oh will definitely appreciate this ability, because it lessens the impact of SR on his health. On a switch-out, it will have lost only 17% net health.

With Boiling Water going to be on near every Water Pokemon, Regeneration Slowbro becomes that much more potent. With that 110 base Def, Boiling Water and Blissey as a partner, I can see Slowbro being one of the msot frustrating Pokemon. Natural Cure + Regeneration combo makes the duo able to pretty well shrug off whatever you are going to throw at them, though leaves the combination vaulnerable to beign set-up on. Slowbro also shurgs off the fighting moves amed at pokemon, and with a terrible Dark/fighting, an uber-to-be grass fighting and no electric/ghosst fighting types, Slowbro would only fear bug/fighting stab that blissey does. So a Hera counter would be needed, but not preticuarly hard to fufill.

This also makes Slowbro awesome because it negates the effect of entry hazard damage on re-entry (for the most part) on Whirlwind spammers. It also means that Dragon Tail and the possible likeness won't be able to deny Slowbro recovery when he's trying to Slack off but is outsped.

Overall, has a lot more potential and usability than i mentioned even, but is one of the better abilities out there for some of these Pokemon.

Tangrowth is also appreciating regeneration, which no one seems to be catching on to.

The increased emphasis on weather this gen renders Synthesis all but useless, while Leech Seed is unreliable. Recovering 33% of its HP every time is switches out is definitely a bonus.

I'm pleased to see Regeneration Ho-oh; it is excellent flavor-wise since, as a phoenix, it is presumably born out of the ashes. This will help mitigate its Stealth Rock weakness somewhat, especially in conjunction with Recover/Roost. Definitely something to look out for.

I think it gives Kojundo the potential to set up with Calm Mind or Swords Dance multiple times and switch out. Coupled with base 105 Speed and 125 attacks means he can wreck stuff in UU.

I have the feeling they switched out Starmie and Slowbro/king intended abilities. If Starmie is the fast starfish that can regenerate any lost limb and Slowking the slow and very intelligent psychic, why did Starmie got Analyse, which powers up moves if you go after the foe, while Slowbro/king got Regenerate?

Sounds like there are some crazy possibilities if you have a pair of Pokemon with Regeneration, switching between the two to cover weaknesses and cover more types offensively.

Is there any with U-turn or that new Eletric u-turn? because combine that + Regeneration + Choice Scarf/Specs/Band and you got a annoying pokemon! :)

I have been looking at kondojo and I am seeing some serious potential as an awesome revenge killer. Regeneration would mean that it wouldn't have to deal as much with stacking damage from hazards etc.

Btw, does regeneration even work with U turn? I'd assume it does but I'd want to check first

Is there any with U-turn or that new Eletric u-turn? because combine that + Regeneration + Choice Scarf/Specs/Band and you got a annoying pokemon! :)
Kondojo learns u turn

If you made an all-Regeneration Team you could essentially nullify any attempts at Hazard Fazing, which is pretty nifty. Ho-Oh would definitely enjoy this, providing you could spin before it came back in.

Oh god, Kojondo confirmed for ANNOYING. I wonder if it works for Baton Pass too?

Can't wait to try Regeneration Slowbro. ^^ However, he will lose Own Tempo and his ability to switch into Dynamicpunch with impunity. But 33% on switching out is welcome alternative to the ability to counter one Pokemon.

Tbh Tangrowth will love this ability, especially sun sweeper sets that use coverage > Synthesis. Slowbro doesn't really need this ability since it has Slack Off (which heals more), but I'm really interested in how Regeneration works with Pursuit: does it heal first or Pursuit first?

This is absolutely awesome. It's the ability Ho-oh has always wanted for sure. Slowbro gets it for free as its other abilities are useless anyway. So that's always good. Tangrowth will really appreciate having a reliable recovery. It's something it always lacked as a wall. Regeneration Rankulus sounds like fun, but is kinda outclassed by Magic Guard. Especially since Rankulus gets Recover anyways.
What I'm really looking forward to is Kojondo. It has great stats and a Lucario-esque movepool. Also, this means you can easily play it with residual damage around and probably still heal up a bit.

I wouldn't say instant recovery removes the need for Regeneration. Figure you're at like 30% and you're something like Slowbro (slow). You can switch out and come back in at around 50%, which gives you a better chance to pull off a Slack Off, whereas you would have died if you stayed in. It's just extra recovery whenever you switch out, and less Slacking Off to do when you switch back in.

I think a lot of Pursuits (Tyranitar's, at least, and probably Ground/Dark's) OHKO Slowbro anyway, but with weaker Pursuit's like Scizors or maybe even Sazando's, maybe he'd get away.

I don't know if a fighting type with 125 base attack and 105 speed will be in UU. :P But he could make a very effective choice user as Regeneration will make the frequent-switching a LOT less painful, and give him more switch-in opportunities.

Well, this redefines Ho-oh, as now he really only looses ~20% from SR, so the choice sets will become viable again. Also, as with every regeneration user, the 1/3 healing gives you move than substitute takes away, so switching in (assuming no hazards) and using sub and then switching back out leaves you at full health. This can also have a HUGE impact on offensive pokemon with life orb, because you are constantly being healed on your switch, so it is kind of like a mini-wish every time you swap out. Also, things like slowbro will now be INCREDIBLE defensive pivots for things like lucario. Switch in on the CC then switch out at NO cost. Great

The whole time I noticed that deoxys is not apart of that list. Ah bollocks. This is sick. I'm out of here.

Lol but seriously, it's an interesting ability.

Ho-oh was never trash even with the advent of Zekrom and Reshiram.
Brave Bird hurts everything :P
...except Zekrom :P

In all seriousness though, this is exactly what Ho-oh has been wanting. It is already quite bulky on the special side (particular spreads can stomach +4 Dark Pulse from Darkrai and live to tell the tale), so this will help it should it not get the chance to Recover on a particular turn.

...except Zekrom :P

In all seriousness though, this is exactly what Ho-oh has been wanting. It is already quite bulky on the special side (particular spreads can stomach +4 Dark Pulse from Darkrai and live to tell the tale), so this will help it should it not get the chance to Recover on a particular turn.
This will certainly make the more defensive minded sets more viable.

When I saw this, I immediately began to think about how it could be used in conjunction with Substitute and baton pass. Konjondo can baton pass bulk up, calm mind, cheer-up and swords dance...it gets taunt too.

It got me thinking, could this thing be used to taunt a defensive pokemon, set up sub and a few buffs before passing to a partner, thus healing much of the damage it took from the sub?

It could also run life orb with that lovely 125 attack, and simply U-turn or baton pass the recoil away.

Kojondo's main problems though are it's weakness to ghosts (It doesn't have many ways to deal with them) and the fact that it has no way to boost it's own speed (at 105 it's fast, but not fast enough)

As bulky pokemon, Slowbro, Slowking, Tabunne and Mamanbou will appreciate this ability, allowing them to switch in and sponge hits before switching out again. Own Tempo never really did much for the Slowpoke line, anyhow. Mamanbou might use Hydration on a rain-based team, but this is probably the better ability.
it found its niche when machamp got no guard, so slowbro could switch into dynamic punch without having to worry about confusion :P

but yeah, this is awesome for slowbro! maybe not a huge change, but nice nonetheless. especially since he already gets Slack Off. Slowking will enjoy this as well

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damn this is such an awesome ability. This can really promote defensive pivoting since their are very little drawbacks. I can see this working very well with Choice sets (scarf sets as well but some Regeneration pokemon are slow). As meantioned above Ho-Oh will love this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)