Comprehensive list of pre-existing move/ability/mechanic changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really glad they've upped Uproar. It alsways frustrated me to have such a low abse power move that would trap you for so long (Petal Dance and Thrash are also welcome to this). Of course, it has almost no advantage over Hyper Voice still, but preventing sleep could be used gimmickly.

Thunder Wave makes no sense, what so ever. Nwo the only things that can take it are Motor Drive/Lightning Rodders.

Everything else seems like it isn't a big deal, some are really missing that Tech boost now, but on a whole meh worthy. Icicicle/Rock/Bullet Seed things are kinda cool, but only Skill Linkers will really care, adn i don't beleive they are all that common.

Breeloom + Technician + Bullet Seed = YES!
Great for breaking subs.
Each hit has 56.25 Base Power.
2 Hits = 113 BP
3 Hits = 169 BP
4 Hits = 225 BP
5 Hits = 281 BP

I'm confused, does Thunder Wave ignore the immunities from Abilities (Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, Lightning Rod) or from Ground-type Pokemon?

Breeloom + Technician + Bullet Seed = YES!
Great for breaking subs.
Each hit has 56.25 Base Power.
2 Hits = 113 BP
3 Hits = 169 BP
4 Hits = 225 BP
5 Hits = 281 BP
I thought Bullet Seed lost its TM status?
I could be wrong, though, someone feel free to correct me.

Though it may not mean anything if (1) old TM moves still pass by breeding and (2) Dream abilities pass by breeding

No change to Energy Ball means it's going to fall by the wayside. Grass Knot already beat it against heavy opponents, and against the lighter ones Giga Drain is now the better option. Pokemon with huge HP and low weight like Vaporeon, Lanturn, and I'm guessing the Water/Ghost (haven't seen its weight yet) are just begging to give health to Giga Drainers.

I thought Bullet Seed lost its TM status?
I could be wrong, though, someone feel free to correct me.

Though it may not mean anything if (1) old TM moves still pass by breeding and (2) Dream abilities pass by breeding
Dream abilities seem to pass through breeding. The question is whether or not former TMs that are no longer TMs will still pass through breeding.

Well some of the Dream abilities are already out and about (someone on Serebii got a Scrappy Tailow, and they didn't even have the game), so it shouldn't be too hard to test.

So speculatively, Pick up now copies your opponent's item when they use it up...could be kind of fun vs salacc berry users in general, but very speciallised.

How about Stench and Illuminate?

Removed Thunder Wave from my first post, I apologize. But the internal data apparently says, according to Wichu's All Base Stats thread:

Thunder Wave: Other Electric PP: 20 Power: --- / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Paralyzes opponent. (Not affected by type immunities.)

That does imply Ground not being immune anymore. Can someone test Thunder Wave on Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, and Lightningrod when they get the chance?

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I didn't read through the thread, only the original post, but I think encore only lasts 3 turns now every time. The move description has the number 3 in it, and I tested it three times and each lasted 3 turns. Now this isn't completely conclusive, but pretty close. I don't have more time to test it so I'm reporting it here for others to look into.

Just got paralyzed by Thunder Wave, with my Zebra-lightning thing. It's only abilities are LightningRod and Volt Absorb, so...

Actually I can confirm that Pickup now gains items that your opponent has used, but it may be specifically for berries.

I noticed my Yooteri picked up a berry used by Cheren's pokemon at the end of the turn. A blue and orange bar popped up showing that the ability had done something.

Basically with pickup, if you're not holding an item and your opponent consumes a berry during that turn, your pokemon will pick it up afterwards. It's neat for in-game purposes I'm sure, but I can't think of any reason to use this in comp play.

^Really only if you have zero options for your ability. Ambipom will still use Technician, Linoon will still use Gluttony.

Pointing out that Chillarmy and its evo get Technician, Bullet Seed, and Rock Blast, not to mention Doubleslap. I'm not 100% on the mechanics, but 185 BP Rock and Grass moves off a 95 Attack would be fairly scary.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ambipom will still use Technician, Linoon will still use Gluttony.
Your point about Pickup being less useful stands, but I think I might try out Skill Link Ambipom instead of Technician. With a King's Rock, I get five chances to flinch every time I use Fury Swipes.

^Point taken.

On the topic of multi-hit moves, any word on the possibility of OHKO'ing through a sash via multi-hits?

Yes, it has. I know that for a fact. I have used many times a Scarf Cloyster lead for the lulz, and Icicle Spear and Rock Blast do indeed break through Sash on the first hit. This was the leading cause of ragequits against me at one point.

Unless of course it was a bug in Shoddy Battle, in which case I concede the point.

I'm going to go find my Platinum and test this now.

to balance out T-wave hitting ground types, at least lower the accuracy to 90%

also, if T-waves accuracy stays at 100% then Glare is in every way useless expect for the fact that it does not trigger lightning rod and motor drive.

Free berries are welcome in pretty much any competitive battle.
Thunderwave still doesnt work against ground types.

Anyway, Pickup is still useless competitively. You need to have no item of your own, so...essentially you're crippling one pokemon in the *chance* that they might pick up a random berry from an opponent who'll probably ko them on the next turn.

If TWave hits Ground-types, then Flygon is screwed. In DP, he was able to switch in on that and proceed to scout the foes out. Now TWave usage shall rise if this is true and Jolteon and any other pokes with Volt Absorb should see more usage. Again only if it is true.

I'm pretty sure that I've heard that Volt Absorb/Lightningrod Pokemon can now be paralyzed by TWave. Ground types are still immune though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)