Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
No one answered my question... is there a mac version simulator that runs 5th Gen?
not now and PO alpha is already closed for now, but i think there will be a mac release as soon as the testing is over and the final/beta version is released (though this might take a bit longer and maybe Poke lab will have gen 5 sooner).

Okay, so, is this so-called item 'Swimming Goggles' real or it was a made-up item? Because I tend to see it a lot in many threads, and I'm wondering 2 things: 1) Is it real or not? 2) If it is real (or not), what exactly does/did it do?

~ Aether Nexus

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so, is this so-called item 'Swimming Goggles' real or it was a made-up item? Because I tend to see it a lot in many threads, and I'm wondering 2 things: 1) Is it real or not? 2) If it is real (or not), what exactly does/did it do?

~ Aether Nexus
It's fake. People just haven't removed it from their posts.

I'm about to start doing battles on Pokemon-Online. I plan on playing with everything unbanned, but first I'd like to try an 'OU' team. With that said, what is soft-banned or looked down upon so far? I'd assume its only
Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Giratina (O)
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom

I ask because I plan on using a Latios on my team (Without soul dew) but wouldn't want to if its against what most players consider legal in a goofing off environment.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I'm about to start doing battles on Pokemon-Online. I plan on playing with everything unbanned, but first I'd like to try an 'OU' team. With that said, what is soft-banned or looked down upon so far? I'd assume its only
Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Giratina (O)
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom

I ask because I plan on using a Latios on my team (Without soul dew) but wouldn't want to if its against what most players consider legal in a goofing off environment.
Pokemon Online Alpha testing is down for now and some ppl said something against me when i used Latios since they said it wouldn't need testing and would be uber.

Btw all the pokemon you listed were banned meaning you couldn't use the in standart battles.

Soul Dew is actually banned as it's unobtainable in-game, just so that you know. Also, the 3 event Pokémon (#647-649) are like to be banned ala Arceus.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Soul Dew is actually banned as it's unobtainable in-game, just so that you know. Also, the 3 event Pokémon (#647-649) are like to be banned ala Arceus.
we were talking about PO alpha were soul dew wasn't banned and the event pokes were allowed for testing reasons (though your right they will be banned on smogon till they get released).

And i dont see how sould dew is unobtainable you can still trade it over from older generations or am i wrong? Its likely to get banned for his sheer power but not for being unobtainable (well except if you couldn't trade items via pokeshift but thats unlikely to happen)

Its likely to get banned for his sheer power but not for being unobtainable (well except if you couldn't trade items via pokeshift but thats unlikely to happen)

Actually if I recall correctly you can't transfer items via Pokeshifter >_>

Anyways now for my question:

When Serebii speaks of "The Opening of an Underground Water Vein", does that just mean when the ground in caves and stuff starts moving? Because I doubt that the mole Pokemon and Dangoro are obtainable somewhere underwater >_>

@Redneck: It's the whole first cave (off route 3)that you reach in the game (team plasma grunts are in there). At first you only have access to a small portion, but once you get surf you can reach the lower levels.

Does anyone know if Shaymin Skyforme will be usable over wifi? I understand it wouldn't change over wifi in Gen IV, only over local wireless matches. has this been changed?

Also, I've been following the dream world abilities debate. I know the policy review group has decided to not permit dream world abilities on official ranked matches and ladders until they are released by Nintendo. I'm wondering if a similar discussion has occured regarding the teams being revealed before a match begins issue? (I mean an official policy review discussion, not the RIP Leads and Scouting thread). If so, could someone post a link, and if not, does anyone know if this discussion is slated to occur at all, or any time soon?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
no body answered my question --- How do you have a wifi battle with someone on pokemon black? detailed instructions please. (:
Since no one answered you question...
I think there's a specific line on the Battle Subway for Wi-Fi battles. I believe it is the Light Blue Line.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Woah! Any ability or just 3rd gen mons?? Is there more info on this?
It's the same mechanic as in 4th gen - when a Pokemon evolves, it looks at the Pokemon's PID to decide what ability it should get.

Some Pokemon in 3rd gen had the same ability for ability 1 and ability 2. 4th gen gave some of them new abilities, so their ability 2 changed. So if their PID says they should get ability 2, their ability will switch upon evolving.

No Pokemon got new non-Dream World abilities in 5th gen, though. So this only applies for 3rd gen Pokemon.

What's the point of Techno Buster if Genosect can already learn Flamethrower, Ice beam, and Thunderbolt? They all have more power and PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)