Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Phi: It is often more simple to set up your internet connection using another game with Wi-fi compatibility. You can also set it up from the DSi's system menu. All connection settings are carried over between games.

@zyrefredric, Pokemon Online does currently support fifth generation. However, we are not allowed to give you a link according to forum rules. You will have to do a bit of searching on your own.

Does anyone know where TM 90(Substitute) is?

The current locations give very little detail.

EDIT: Found it! Its in Mt. Neji during winter.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you select lv. 100 in Random Battle like over Wi-fi with a "friend"? I need to know if I have to train my Pokémon to lv. 100 or not.

2 questions:
1.Where is the iv checking person and what does he say for each level of ivs?
2.How do you get to the battle subway or tower or whatever its called in gen 5?

While I know there isn't an exact tiering yet for this gen, is it possible for us to start posting RMTs now that Gary Oak's shoddy server has B/W pokemon? Thanks a lot!

Well, three Pokémon that I am final on putting on my team are NP Pory-Z, Pory2, and SD Ken@Wide Lens. (Speed Boost Torchic is coming out pretty soon, and a working public simulator will probably be released after then.) Depending on if the remaining three members are Rock/Ground/Steel/Sand Veil/Cloud Nine, I may put a Hippowdon on the team as well.

I might not use Blissey this gen, because of the addition of Psycho Shock that my Porygon-Z will be abusing. I do not plan to use a Rain team.
So, what are my wall options?

To clarify, the only way to get Pokémon from D/P/Pt/HG/SS to B/W is to use the PokéShifter, which is a one-way only transfer (like Pal Park), right? There's no way to do 2-way trading with compatible Pokémon between 4th and 5th gens like you could between 1st and 2nd gens, is there?

Also, I recall reading about a feature that allowed you to upload your save file to a global server or something like that... what is this feature called? I'd love to read more about it. It would seem like it would make it extremely easy to clone mass amounts of Pokémon and items, which I would find very surprising for Nintendo to purposely include in the game.

Thanks!
Anyone?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
So, what are my wall options?
Burungeru seems too fit very good its immune to kens water weakness and the fighting weakness of the porys (though i wouldn't use Pory-Z he is just as bad as in gen 4 and Psycho Shock only 3HKOs Blissey :/)
Also i would think about Breloom he is one of the few dory counters/checks and can destroy BurungOrei cores and Hippodown as well as checking many other common things like sazandora and T-tar and a 100% accurate sleeping move is always handy.

Breloom is a good idea, you say? I happen to like the Pokémon Breloom! I have fond memories of using it and a Blaziken in Emerald in-game. I will probably use a Tech set as the SubPuncher set is easily countered in Sleep Clause. I will probably learn to like Balloony eventually, once I get an actual English copy of White.

(Psycho Shock is mainly for coverage with HP Fighting and Tri Attack. And I just want to use Porygon-Z, one of my favorites, anyway. Can it still 2HKO everything after a Nasty Plot? If so, it's fine by me. I will go against the norm and use a Download one so it gets the chance to OHKO more, and still sweep without a NP. Primarily because I do not want to rebreed and so the Rocks and Steels inevitably get hit hard by HP Fighting, and when they switch out, the Ghosts will get hit harder by Psycho Shock. 120 BP still hurts. Most importantly, Porygon2's Thunder Wave slows the foe so Z has more of a chance to go first.)

What kind of physical wall goes good with Burungel, Pory2, Pory-Z, Breloom, and Blaziken, preferably with Stealth Rock?

Breloom is a good idea, you say? I happen to like the Pokémon Breloom! I have fond memories of using it and a Blaziken in Emerald in-game. I will probably use a Tech set as the SubPuncher set is easily countered in Sleep Clause. I will probably learn to like Balloony eventually, once I get an actual English copy of White.

(Psycho Shock is mainly for coverage with HP Fighting and Tri Attack. And I just want to use Porygon-Z, one of my favorites, anyway. Can it still 2HKO everything after a Nasty Plot? If so, it's fine by me. I will go against the norm and use a Download one so it gets the chance to OHKO more, and still sweep without a NP. Primarily because I do not want to rebreed and so the Rocks and Steels inevitably get hit hard by HP Fighting, and when they switch out, the Ghosts will get hit harder by Psycho Shock. 120 BP still hurts. Most importantly, Porygon2's Thunder Wave slows the foe so Z has more of a chance to go first.)

What kind of physical wall goes good with Burungel, Pory2, Pory-Z, Breloom, and Blaziken, preferably with Stealth Rock?
Nattorei has nice synergy with the jellyfish and it gets Stealth Rock IIRC.

Why the hell are we even talking about a thing that might not even hit the metagame like a properly EV trained Arceus back in 4th Gen?

Guys, I've been hearing whispers, and I have been hearing how Skarmory with Roost (4th Gen only move) is not allowed on random wifi at all.

Can anyone confirm this? As I can't shift anything. In addition to in-game moves, I want to test certain event moves like Wishbliss, BP Rapidash, BP Zapdos, the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)