Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, i've found that switch training gets more exp to the mon your trying to train than the exp.share compared to previous generations
Yeah maybe, but when it comes to EV training, the amount of XP does not matter that much ^^'. And switching again and again for EV training easily double the time it needs :/

That's why I'm asking for an Exp.Share ;)

Latios is a Threat to all of them but you can pivot around it with nattorei/burungeru/Porygon 2.

Darkrai is extremely threatening once Breloom is gone.

Shandera can trap nattorei and breloom (and to a lesser extent Pory 2 but i dont know how he excatly fares against Scarf Shandera and i think it depends on your ev set) with little fear, so run shed shell on them as both are pretty vital to check/counter lots of threats.

Doryuzu and Bulky DD Gyarados combo can set up easy on your team and are likely to take out something.

Ditto rapes you with a +2 Blaziken once Burungeru is gone.

Sadly all your Pokemon, except Nattorei, are vulnerable to spikes and T-Spikes and they hurt Pory 2 and Burungeru most.

Mix Sazandora could trouble you since you need to pivot around to get Breloom in to kill it with Mach Punch (and you need some Prior Damage to it to ensure the KO).

Enemy Breloom can trouble you with SubPunch and technician variants as nothing can take its Attacks easily and Ko back.

Ropushin threatens you in a similar way Breloom does.

Rock Polish Genosekto will be hard to face once he gets a SpA Download Boost as he will hit you extremely hard and once again you need to pivot around to stack some LO recoil to revenge him with Breloom.

I need to say you once again that Pory-Z is the weakest link in your team as atm he is totally outclassed by Darkrai, Lati@s, Salamence, Sazandora, Deoxys-A, Genosekto etc. all of them are faster, get more resistances/Bulk, arent hindered much by Priority ( especially Mach Punch/Bullet Punch wich are more common and Stronger than ever).
Pory-Z gets many team support, but you will see that sadly it isnt worth it he is medicore at best there are many faster things that easily revenge him T- Wave Support help but there is still Priority and Garchomp/Doryuzu are some of the most dominating Pokemon for now and even Nattorei can counter him with Gyro Ball.
Aah, that's bad. I think that maybe I might use a Pokémon I like equally much in place of Porygon-Z, and the tradeoff is that I will use the Porygon-Z that I love so much in my UU team if it ends up there. (And with all these downsides people will probably be not using him.)

I feel I can do this with no regrets.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
what walls rohpushin? its drain punch was doing 40% to my max defense skarmory.
+1 Drain Punch? because my 252/252 HP/Def Impish Hippo takes them like a Beast and threatens with EQ if unboosted.

I think Spiritomb and Zapdos should be able to wall him at least a bit, but 140 base attack is monstrous so often your better off trying to one shot it with something like Latios Draco Meteor/Shanderas Over Heat or something like that.

what walls rohpushin? its drain punch was doing 40% to my max defense skarmory.
walls it? with great coverage in two moves, and amazing atk. stat that's no easy task.
But prediction may pay off switch in a fighting move using a faster ghost with will-o -wisp maybe?
Also gliscor seems like a better wall choice. resisting fighting moves, and neutral to the coverage move (for example Rock)

Edit: Beaten ha.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Important questions about Tornadros: can he be killed, then regenerated at the champion? If so at what point is his info generated? Has anybody looked into this when soft resetting? I'm about to go through Victory Road, and I read you releas him on the other side, but I don't have time to stop and fool with SRing now.

Important questions about Tornadros: can he be killed, then regenerated at the champion? If so at what point is his info generated? Has anybody looked into this when soft resetting? I'm about to go through Victory Road, and I read you releas him on the other side, but I don't have time to stop and fool with SRing now.
apparently, the legendaries don't regenerate......

can hidden power only have 60 or 70 bp?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Does anybody know if the Ribbon system still exists? Will Ribbons obtained in the 3rd and 4th Gen still be visible on my Pokémon?

Does anybody know if the Ribbon system still exists? Will Ribbons obtained in the 3rd and 4th Gen still be visible on my Pokémon?
Looks probable, since we still have the effort checker at Souryuu city and still gives you an effort ribbon...

apparently, the legendaries don't regenerate......

can hidden power only have 60 or 70 bp?
That's terrible, do you happen to have any source to confirm this?

What Pokémon should replace Porygon-Z on this team:

Nuttre, Bloongel, Blaziken, Porygon-Z, Porygon2, Breloom

that beats

Latios, Darkrai, Shandera, Doryuzu and Bulky DD Gyarados combo, Ditto, Sazandora, Breloom, Ropushin, and Genesect?

I was thinking a little bit about Alakazam because it's immune to entry hazards and Life Orb recoil and it has the same Special Attack stat as Porygon-Z and gets STAB on Psycho Shock and has a strong Fighting-type move. Also, I like Alakazam.

Also, will Smogon be looking at Pokémon Online's usage statistics?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
What Pokémon should replace Porygon-Z on this team:

Nuttre, Bloongel, Blaziken, Porygon-Z, Porygon2, Breloom

that beats

Latios, Darkrai, Shandera, Doryuzu and Bulky DD Gyarados combo, Ditto, Sazandora, Breloom, Ropushin, and Genesect?
Latios itself would be a pretty good addition to your team both defensively and offensively as it provides numerous resistances and packs a whole lot of punch itself.
It gets problems with T-Tar and Scizor but other Pokemon on your team can take care of them.
And last but not least it performs well with SD Ken as they can take out each others counters.
Shandera is impossible to counter and so is Ditto so dont think of directly counter them, but you should be able to get around them.
just dont boost up too heavy with Ken and it should be ok.

Fortunately, I have Latios all ready in my HeartGold from Enigma Stone, so with some time I should have one member of my party down.

(Provided it isn't banned...)

If Latios DOES end up banned, what is an alternative?

What set has synergy, and what item can be used in place of the currently unavailable Soul Dew?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
^^^ yes and no. It's not better or worse, it's different.

My question:
Has anybody SR'd the Roaming legendary? What is the point you have to save before? Anybody have experience with this? Gonna try it soon.

[edit]
Oh, and stupid question. How do you turn your C Gear off, and how do you KNOW it's off?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
When you begin your game it asks you a yes or no question. Choose the option that isn't the default to turn the C-Gear off. You can also turn it off by selecting the power button found on the bottom screen and then selecting yes.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Thank you so much! I was wondering what that message was! I'm too skittish to fool around with bright red messages in foreign languages :x

Since DW female Pokemon can pass on their abilities to their offspring, does this mean split-evolutions can get the DW abilities?

Meaning, would it be possible to get Pokemon like a Drizzle Poliwrath or Hydration on any of the other Eeveelutions?

breh

強いだね
Since DW female Pokemon can pass on their abilities to their offspring, does this mean split-evolutions can get the DW abilities?

Meaning, would it be possible to get Pokemon like a Drizzle Poliwrath or Hydration on any of the other Eeveelutions?

You're misinterpreting it.

To explain it, it's like this. Each pokemon has a value stored in its data that determines its ability - for example, gens 3-4 had a value of one or two, resulting in pokemon like, for example, Unaware Bibarel and Simple Bibarel.

Now, when a dream world pokemon breeds, it passes down the ability value, not the ability. Thus it passes down "3" (or whatever number is used to define it) instead of 2 or 1. For example, say I breed a female Daruma Mode (Dream world ability) Hihidaruma and acheive an offspring. That offspring will not be a Daruma Mode Darumakka but an inner focus Darumakka because it maintains the ability value.

TL;DR

No you will get Swift Swim Poliwrath from Dream World Poliwags always and Quick Feet Jolteon, Hydration Vaporeon, Guts Flareon, etc. from a Dream world Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)