Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Let's say I have a poke in the day care with a perfect IV in HP and Defense. The poke that is being breeded with the first only has a perfect IV in Attack. Poke #1 has the power item to pass down HP, and the other has the power item to pass down the Attack IV. What are the chances that the third, excluded IV (defense) will also be passed down?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Remember that power items only work once: only one IV is guaranteed to be passed down. Have a look Here for a series of breeding guides.

Hey, I haven't been here in a long while, and I noticed Gen 5 is out in Japan, but that we haven't done anything with it yet.

So I had a few questions

1)When will Smogon start supporting Gen 5 (I know analysis's and stuff are being worked on as we speak)
2)In the meantime, do people still play Gen 4 semi actively?
3)Since Pokelab (Shoddy 2) is now out, are more people playing on that than Shoddy?

Athenodoros

1) All of the game mechanics need to be worked out first, and then coded into a simulator, at which time processes like tiering will start. However, there is no set timetable for this yet, because it will take a while.

2) Yes, definitely. The Smogon Tour, for instance, is on in a matter of hours, and it is in the 4th gen.

3) Yes, because the Smogon server on Shoddy has been shut down, in order to fully support Lab.

Athenodoros

Maybe. We are not thinking about the tiers themselves yet, because we still don't know what they will look like, and DW abilities are even more contentious, because no one can decide whether to include them from the start, as they come, or just not have them, so we really wont know for some time.

Who will attack first if two pokemon has the same speed. for example, a blastoise with 200 Spe and a charizard with a 200 Spe, lets say they both use hidden power, who will attack first?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who will attack first if two pokemon has the same speed. for example, a blastoise with 200 Spe and a charizard with a 200 Spe, lets say they both use hidden power, who will attack first?
It comes down to a speed tie, or a coin flip. In other words, you have a 50% chance of attacking first.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why isn't there a badge for members of the QC team? I would think their job would be a bit more.. worthy of respect than say, an Artist? I am aware that I will quite probably be corrected on this but I just noticed that the newest QC member still doesn't have the Smogon Staff Member badge, which I had previously thought was the badge for them..

Is there a location where you can check the usage stats of different pokemon? I hear people saying things like heatran is the most used pokemon in the metagame but is there anywhere you can check that.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why isn't there a badge for members of the QC team? I would think their job would be a bit more.. worthy of respect than say, an Artist? I am aware that I will quite probably be corrected on this but I just noticed that the newest QC member still doesn't have the Smogon Staff Member badge, which I had previously thought was the badge for them..
Once they do enough work, they'll get the Pre-Contributor badge. Megan_Fox recently got it for his efforts.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
No, it's impossible for a Poison-type to be poisoned without its type somehow being changed. Even if it does somehow get its typing changed and it becomes poisoned, if it becomes a Poison-type again, the poison status will be cured. (In case you're wondering, the same applies for Fire-types and burn.)

If a Pokemon has odd numbered speed what is the exact boost with a Choice Scarf or Dragon Dance?

For example say your Bulbasaur has 201 speed. With a Scarf its 301.5 Would it round up to 302 or down to 301?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)