Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
That's why I said most of the time. And I'd still call that reasonably useless.

And @ icay: Why no EQ on Onix? Surely STAB EdgeQuake is more of a threat?

Question for Son of Shadoo and chocolate-kipp: For my FireRed Scramble, both Charizard and The Great Butterfree are required to learn SolarBeam (at least, I think Charizard is required). Problem is, there's only one TM. Is Charizard required to learn it, and, if so, could one of you please alter your challenge slightly to make them both possible?
The Great Butterfree has decided to be benevolent to you, and will change his requirements. He is no longer forced to use Solarbeam, and must instead use Giga Drain.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so..

- Tweaker, the Spinda. Solo Tate and Liza's Claydol or Xatu using Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch repeatedly. Must know Teeter Dance, Dizzy Punch, Psybeam, Faint Attack. (Kipp)

- Take a Tentacool, name it "knockout". It doesn't have to KO or solo anything, but the more you kill with it, the better. A "major pokemon" is one that belongs to either Maxie, Archie, a Gym Leader, or an Elite Four/Champion.

Once you catch it, you may not use more than three moveslots, and you may not use a move with base power greater than 50, and the sum of the Base Powers of the moves may not exceed 100.
Once you solo one major pokemon with it, you may use moves with up to 60 base power, and the base power sum rises to 140.
Once you solo two major pokemon with it, you may use the fourth moveslot
Once you solo three major pokemon with it, you may use moves with 70 base power, and the sum rises to 180
Once you solo five major pokemon with it, you may evolve it
Once you solo eight major pokemon with it, you may use moves with up to 100 base power.
Once you solo thirteen major pokemon with it, the sum rises to 300.

You may NOT soft reset to re-battle a leader if it dies. (Detroit)

- A Sableye named Dark Ray 2. Moveset by E4:
Fake out
Knock off/Thief
Astonish/Night shade
Confuse ray

(Dark Ray)

- Treecko named IHTG. Must know Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Leaf Blade, Screech/Swords Dance. Solo Flannery to evolve. (Not going to limit it to evolving directly after that battle, because fuck that) Can only use "physical" moves prior to getting moveset. (Icay)

- Lazy the Slakoth. Must know and keep Yawn forever. Use Yawn against every pokemon unless it's drowzy. (Random)

- Savior the Nosepass. Can't use in battle or deposit in PC or restart (from last save. I am in no way restarting my game.) Must capture a Magnemite named Power Suit. Have both in party until Magnemite evolves. Can't use electric move stronger than Spark. If it's ever knocked out or leave party while a Magneton, restart from last save. (Doom)

All in all, you guys are jerks. :P Not going to outright reject anything in celebration of my first challange, but you guys sure pushed it.

Predicting to not use Magneton at all once it's evolved, Slakoth will evolve into a Vigoroth and nothing else. Sceptile will be MVP.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If I may Biggie I would suggest evolving Vigoroth at the end of Victory Road. Having used one before in the same manner I can say that Slaking`s rediculous power Nd bulk are incredibly useful in the E4, Truant be damned.

You really aren't going to use may magneton BiGGiE? I'm sad. I was using my spark magneton very far into the game in one of my scramble runs, that's what gave me the idea. It also helps that you face a water gym leader AND a water e4 member. Whatever about restarting your game from the save instead of the beginning for nosepass, I thought making the lose condition of never leaving its pokeball very easy, so I made the condition punishing. I never really expected it to get activated, as long as you went into every gym leader battle prepared enough.

FireRed Scramble Update #1
The Challenges:

Take a Charmander named "Gen5Rules!". Since it loves Gen 5 so much, it must have Sunny Day to go along with its Dream World ability, Solar Power. Get Sunny Day in Safari Zone. Can only learn Fire-type moves and Solarbeam for attacks. (chocolate-kipp)

Take a Pikachu. It may never evolve. It must also solo Lt. Surge. NN "Ash Sux". That is all. (Galladiator)

Dummy007, you have seen the light, and decided that The Great Butterfree is the single greatest Pokémon ever to exist, and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen. The Great Butterfree is pleased with this, and will accompany you throughout the test chamber... Er, I mean, your journey through Kanto. With The Great Butterfree's incredible mind powers, and mighty gusts of wind, NO-ONE CAN STAND AGAINST YOU!

-Take a Butterfree, no nicknames. It must be caught as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and must solo Brock and one other Gym Leader of your choice. You may only use Psychic attacks, Gust, and Solarbeam for offensive moves. Its fourth move is up to you. It must always be the highest level member of your party. (Son of Shadoo)

Take a Meowth. It must know Pay Day, Thief, Snatch and Swagger. May only evolve into Persian after having this moveset and soloing 5 trainers with it. Nicknamed Turkish. (Someone get the reference, please.) (BiGGiE)
You get a mono-psychic rhymes with lousy. Thats right you get this challenge with a couple changes since you're doing fr.
-Intstead of soloing the non-existent morty you must solo any gym leader minus there main, thats right you get an even easier challenge, infact i'll even let you evolve drowzee before you solo a gym leader.
-Since mono-psychic sucks you can use pound aswell.
Good luck and remember. Quote:
If you would balk at doing it yourself, don't even consider posting it.
(Dark Ray)

Take a Psyduck it may not have 2 moves of the same type, and it also must have all attacking moves. To evolve into Golduck solo 2 gym leader's main pokemon. NN it Coverage. (pokemagnificent)

The Journey:

So far, so good. I began my journey with the lowly Charmander, but I soon caught the Caterpie that was to become The Great Butterfree. After annihilating my Rival (DarkRay, just to further prove Drowzee's worth), I breezed through Viridian Forest, wiping out all enemies with The Great Butterfree. I did some grinding for Brock, which allowed The Great Butterfree to solo him. Onward to Cerulean!

The Team:

The Great Butterfree
Butterfree @ Nothing
Careful Nature
Compoundeyes
Lv. 15
~Sleep Powder
~Poisonpowder
~Stun Spore
~Confusion

Current MVP. Soloed DarkRay's Squirtle, as well as Brock. Sleep Powder + Confusion is a deadly combo. The other Gym Leader I plan to solo is Misty, but Erika is a decent alternative.

Gen5Rules!
Charmander @ Nothing
Brave Nature
Blaze
Lv. 11
~Scratch
~Growl
~Ember

Soloed DarkRay's Pidgey. Hasn't seen much use yet, but will be valuable later on.

4sh 5ux
Pikachu @ Nothing
Modest Nature
Static
Lv. 3
~Thundershock
~Growl

Has done nothing yet. I changed the name to make it more 1337-speakish.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so first update on my scramble challenge. These are the restrictions:

- Tweaker, the Spinda. Solo Tate and Liza's Claydol or Xatu using Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch repeatedly. Must know Teeter Dance, Dizzy Punch, Psybeam, Faint Attack. (Kipp)

- Take a Tentacool, name it "knockout". It doesn't have to KO or solo anything, but the more you kill with it, the better. A "major pokemon" is one that belongs to either Maxie, Archie, a Gym Leader, or an Elite Four/Champion.

Once you catch it, you may not use more than three moveslots, and you may not use a move with base power greater than 50, and the sum of the Base Powers of the moves may not exceed 100.
Once you solo one major pokemon with it, you may use moves with up to 60 base power, and the base power sum rises to 140.
Once you solo two major pokemon with it, you may use the fourth moveslot
Once you solo three major pokemon with it, you may use moves with 70 base power, and the sum rises to 180
Once you solo five major pokemon with it, you may evolve it
Once you solo eight major pokemon with it, you may use moves with up to 100 base power.
Once you solo thirteen major pokemon with it, the sum rises to 300.

You may NOT soft reset to re-battle a leader if it dies. (Detroit)

- A Sableye named Dark Ray 2. Moveset by E4:
Fake out
Knock off/Thief
Astonish/Night shade
Confuse ray

(Dark Ray)

- Treecko named IHTG. Must know Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Leaf Blade, Screech/Swords Dance. Solo Flannery to evolve. (Not going to limit it to evolving directly after that battle, because fuck that) Can only use "physical" moves prior to getting moveset. (Icay)

- Lazy the Slakoth. Must know and keep Yawn forever. Use Yawn against every pokemon unless it's drowzy. (Random)

- Savior the Nosepass. Can't use in battle or deposit in PC or restart (from last save. I am in no way restarting my game.) Must capture a Magnemite named Power Suit. Have both in party until Magnemite evolves. Can't use electric move stronger than Spark. If it's ever knocked out or leave party while a Magneton, restart from last save. (Doom)

Here is the team so far:

IHTG Level 24, Overgrow/Brave
Moveset: Screech, Absorb, Pursuit, Quick Attack

Dark Ray2 Level 19, Keen Eye/Rash
Moveset: Scratch, Fury Swipes, Night Shade, Astonish

Lazy
Level 19 @ Silk Scarf, Vital Spirit/Modest (Blahhh)
Moveset: Scratch, Yawn, Encore, Slack Off

Knockout Level 18, Clear Body/Timid
Moveset: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict

Once evolving, Lazy has been very good, as expected. Holding the Silk Scarf obtained in Dewford has powered up his Scratch until I can get him something else. IHTG has used Quick Attack and Absorb to great success. Used Old Rod to get Knockout and she was able to solo Brawly's Machop and Makuhita using Supersonic and Poison Hax. Therefore, she can grab a new move and up the BP of her moves. Caught Sabeleye in Granite Cave and she was able to solo Brawly Meditite. Night Shade and Astonish wrecked it. So that's it so far, stay tuned!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire Scramble Update #8

Meh, let's make it three scramble challange updates in three consecutive posts in this thread with Update #8 of my Sapphire Scramble! (Yay...)

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7

The Pokemon...
  • Wingull (FrostGull): Must Know Mist & One other Ice-Type Move (Bynine)
  • Gyarados: Must know Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard & one other Special Move. Must KO 10 E4/Champion Pokemon. (Athenodoros)
  • Pikachu: Cannot Evolve (Sprocket)
  • Torchic (Khan): Solo one Pokemon of each type (except for two, decided before game start (Fire & Ice)) up to 10 levels lower, & solo 2 Fully evolved Pokemon (One from a Gym Leader & Another from the Rival) & solo one of the champion's Pokemon. Complete one half of the challenge to evolve into Combusken & clear Victory Road to evolve into Blaziken.
  • Abra (Lolcat): Must have four different typed moves ASAP & always have moves of four different types. Can never evolve into Alakazam (DetroitLolcat)
  • Absol (Hirador): Pure Special attacker (auramaster)

The adventure from Kyogre to Ever Grande City in text...
So, It was pouring & I was set to go & catch an Orca. I had 25 Ultra Balls ready to go. So I go to the Cave of Origin & get to the bottom. I find the Orca & battle it in an attempt to catch it. One failed attempt, several Revives, several Hyper Potions & 22 Ultra Balls later, the Orca finally goes in (Too lazy to use a Master Ball lol). I name it Orcarius & go back to the Sootopolis Pokemon Centre to heal up. I go back outside & it was Sunny again. I go to the Sootopolis Gym after replenishing my stock & beat the minor Trainers there. After healing up again, I confront the Gym Leader: Wallace, & challenge him to a battle for my final Gym Badge.

The battle started between Khan the Combusken & a Luvdisc (Lol). Khan was quickly 2HKOed by Loldisc's Water Pulse. I then got in Hirador the Absol & 2HKOed it with Thunderbolt after nearly dying.
Next was Whiscash whom I sent in FrostGull the Pelipper. FrostGull flew while Whiscash forgot stuff, before knocking out FrostGull with Water Pulse. That left me with 4 Pokemon, all of whom had Electric-Type attacks...So I sent in Atheno the Gyarados to whittle down Whiscash's health with Surf, which he eventually managed to KO with said move.
Third up was a Sealeo, whom I tried to kill with Lolcat the Kadabra. Lolcat got in two Shock Waves, but it wasn't enough, as Sealeo 2HKOed with Water Pulse. So it was up to Atheno, who wastes no time, KOing with Thunder.
Hirador came in to deal with Seaking, who set up rain & tried in vain to OHKO with Fail Drill, as Hirador 5HKOed with Thunderbolt (Thanks to a Hyper Potion).
Last was Milotic, who acted like a bitch, but was quickly Paralysed...Which helped...A bit. The plan was get a Pokemon to do some damage before dying, then get Hirador in to Taunt so Milotic couldn't Recover before killing the Serpentine off. 20-30 turns & several Revives & Hyper Potions later, & the plan finally worked in a battle of attrition. Milotic was at half health when the Taunt got in, then Hirador got a crit Thunderbolt to reduce Milotic into critical health, before crit KOing with Water Pulse. So I sent in Sprocket the Pikachu & barring a Hyper Potion, he was gone, Wallace didn't use a Hyper Potion & Sprocket KOed with Thunderbolt, winning me the battle, the TM for Water Pulse, & Badge #8.

After that battle, I healed up, stocked up & got ready for the next leg of the adventure. I Fly to Lilycove, where I make Atheno forget Surf & teach it Waterfall, then teach FrostGull Surf. Then I fly to Meteor Falls to get the Dragon Type Solo for Khan, eventually getting it against a Dragon Tamer with an Altaria, with Khan setting up Bulk Up & sweeping. After that, I fly back to Mossdeep, where I go & Surf all the way to Ever Grande City, fending off the trainers along the way. When I arrive, I heal up & get ready for Victory Road. So, I've got all the badges, & I'm now on the home stretch. Separating me & the Pokemon League is this daunting cave littered with trainers. How will my Pokemon fare? Stay tuned. And that's where we leave off...

And the current team...

Khan (Male Combusken) @ Nothing
Lv:36/Quiet/Blaze
-Bulk Up
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

Types (*Not Soloed, Underlines are omitted): Dark, Normal, Bug, Water, Flying, Grass, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Electric, Dragon, Gym Leader, Rival, Champion*, Fire, Ice

Comments: Not much use this update. Only highlight being the Dragon Type Solo. Can evolve next update!

Sprocket (Male Pikachu) @ Cleanse Tag
Lv:38/Careful/Static
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Thunderbolt

Comments: Outclassed by Hirador, only useful against the Pirates. Thunderbolt far & away best attack, but Careful Nature sucks. Current LVP.

FrostGull (Male Pelipper) @ Lax Incense
Lv:38/Lonely/Keen Eye
-Mist
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Wing Attack

Comments: Valuable traveling team member, It takes the Surfing role from Atheno, but not very powerful battle wise.

Lolcat (Male Kadabra) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Lax/Synchronise
-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Shock Wave
-Thief

Comments: Very strong, even as a Kadabra...

Atheno (Male Gyarados) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Modest/Intimidate
-Waterfall
-Thunder
-Blizzard
-Fire Blast

Comments:With Great Type coverage & all, this thing has been a huge help to the team. Current MVP.

Hirador (Female Absol) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Mild/Pressure
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Bite

Comments: Hirador Did a great job in shutting down Wallace's Milotic. It is catching up to Atheno as far as valuableness is concerned...

That's Update #8 out of the way. On the home stretch now. Next update will feature my run through the Victory Road. How will my team fare? Stay tuned.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
?

And lol, your starter was beaten by a Luvdisk.
Meh...I'd rather go through the pain of failing to catch a creature than use a Master Ball, takes out the fun of catching a Legendary imo.
I laughed when My starter got taken out by something as failish as Luvdisc, then it almost took out another. Stupid Loldisc. X_X

EDIT: Updated my Heart Gold Scramble up to Azalea Town. In short, Dexington Evolves! Troll the Gastly Trolls Bugsy! And more!

Wow, I never realized you guys would fill it out so quickly. Okay, so here is the team offer so far;

Wish Granted. Name it RootOfEvil, Only 2 Attacking moves, cannot evolve into Ivysaur unless you have a certain number of badges, depending on the number you roll on a six sided die before you start the scramble...
Roll=Badges
1=2 Badges
2=3 Badges
3=7 Badges
4=6 Badges
5=4 Badges
6=5 Badges

And it cannot evolve into Venusaur until you clear Victory Road.

Have fun.
Never have I been so happy to roll a 1. =]

@SimonSays, take a Vulpix named Yenno. Once it evolves, it cannot learn any new moves. It must solo 5 Pokemon from the Elite Four and Champion battles.
Awesome sauce. =]

Fine, Leaf green, right?

You get a Pidgey. Call it Kiwi. You must choose another pokemon in your party which has a NN of less than or equal to 8 characters long (so something like Yenno the Vulpix works). The pokemon must then have 'OZ' tacked onto the end of it's name (so if you choose Vulpix, it's NN becomes Yenno OZ). Kiwi must always be at least 5 levels lower than the OZ pokemon, and it must know Fly along with 3 other attacking moves (so no status moves, they all must deal damage directly). If you should encounter another pokemon of the same species as the OZ pokemon, trainer or wild, you must send in Kiwi and let it faint, and it may not have items used on it (so you can heal it once you get back to a pokemon center).

Yes, i live in Australia, so it's forbidden for me to show any respect for ya. ;)
Wouldn't it have made more sense as a Doduo? Either way, pray that I'm not around when you take a challenge, A1.

Your wish is my command. Take what I just quoted above and enjoy
I reckon that's cheating, using my own idea on me, but it's okay. I like it. For those of you who don't know, he gave me an Abra that must solo Sabrina's Alakazam to evolve. Damn my crazy ideas..

SimonSays, you get one of the most powerful pokemon in RBY, a Dratini! But here's the catch; this Dratini comes from the FUTURE. It know that in gen 4 Dragon type is incredibly strong typing to have and decides that it will use it to it's fullest benefit, not knowing that no one in their right mind would use outrage in gen 3. EVERY TIME DRATINI FINISHES A POKEMON, THE FINAL BLOW MUST BE BY A DRAGON TYPE ATTACK. If you kill it with any other type attack, immediately restart from your last save. in addition, it may not evolve into a Dragonite without knowing outrage. To prove that outrage is a good attack, even in gen 3, it must defeat 3 consecutive (no switching out) e4 pokemon in the same battle with outrage. You may give it healing items, but you cannot cure the confusion from outrage using a status healing item.

Name you new time-traveling companion "Doc Brown"
That's going to be hard, seeing as I can't save. Regardless, it's a Dratini. So I'm happy. =]

@simon: Take a Grimer. It must learn Sludge Bomb NATURALLY and solo a Leader of your choice to evolve, and as a Muk it must solo Bruno. Nickname it "Pollution". Have fun!
As much as I liked Vratix's Challenge (Challange?), I had to honour the reservation. Damn my stupid honour...

Anyways, I'll be jumping on my Leafgreen tonight. I'll post an update when I get something impressive done. Thanks guys. =]

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hahaha, my insane luck on variable challenges continues! After getting a Larvitar in my last varible challenge I begin my country challenge. So I initially picked Ottawa, since I live in Canada but using my addition method (each pairing of numbers corresponds to a number place, so degrees=the third place setting) I got a ridiculous number (+ 1000 lol). Therefore I changed my capital to Paris, France and after some addition I got 597.4. That meant that the mon I get is a legend/psuedo-legend. I decided I would only take a mon in the Sinnoh dex so I jumped on Smogon`s Strategy dex and lo and behold, I get a Mesprit! I may change it to Uxie since it`s a runner but I think that people should be more careful when issuing me variable challenges from now on haha.

On another note my only pokemon until Eterna is Chimchar which means that I have to solo Roark and his f`ing Cranidos with a Chimchar since he can`t evolve until he beats Gardenia. The only way I see this being possible is by teaching it Rock Smash but I really don`t want to teach it a a shitty HM move. Damn.

Ok guys, I just got to the Safari Zone in my HG Scramble and I want these 2 challenges replaced. I see Rhyhorn once every 25 Pokemon and it runs away regardless of what I do. Though I did like the challenge, so someone replace it with something similar (normally physical attacker being a special or vice versa).

As for the Remoraid, it is just stupid in far too many ways, the least of which being that it is a swarm Pokemon and I have to fish for it, so I will likely never see one.

Vratix and Atheno get first dibs, but I will pick the replacements by tomorrow. And please, no normal types. Oh, and make sure they are only attainable after Cianwood City gym.

-HG bring Atheno the female Remoraid. It must Solo one of Claire's Dragonairs to evolve and evolve at THAT SPECIFIC BATTLE. Upon evolution immediately replace all of Atheno's moves. Any moves it had may not be recovered at any point. After it evolves all of its attacking moves must either a)all receive STAB or b)not have any STAB. (From Vratix)

-Rhyperior for HG. I think you can get Rhyhorns from the Safari Zone. However, you hit its head when you threw rocks at it and it thinks it is Palmer's Rhyperior from DP. Palmer's Rhyperior know Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Rock Wrecker, has an expert belt and has Solid Rock. This is what your Rhyperior has to copy, although to save you days at the Game Corner, you may use Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder instead. (from athenodoros)

@texas you can't get a mespirit (or uxie) because
Rule 3: No legendaries, please.
and because the first pokemon alphabetically is garchomp, not mespirit.
Also, if you had chosen that shinx you wouldn't have to solo roark with a chimchar :P

@Dex: If Vratix and Atheno don't make another challenge:

Take a Lanturn with the ability Volt Absorb. IT MUST BE CAUGHT AS A LANTURN AFTER YOU BEAT CHUCK. It must successfully switch in on ten Electric moves (thus activating VA), and it must know Hydro Pump (or Surf, because HP may take awhile), Thunder, Ice Beam, and your choice of Rain Dance, Hail, or Toxic by the E4. After the E4 it must solo Blaine by using nothing but Rain Dance and Thunder.

Good luck with whatever you pick!

Athenodoros

@ Dexington: I didn't say that you needed to get it in the Safari Zone. You can also get them in Victory Road, so the challenge still stands.

Athenodoros

You'll also be happy to know they are more likely to appear in Victory Road too: only one in twenty battles :)

Texas Cloverleaf

What do you know I Actually get a Garchomp. When I looked it up I went from Paris which gives Uxie so I assumed that with France I`d get a Mesprit. Alos wow, In two random challenges I get a Tyranitar and a Garchomp. OU for the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)