np: OU Suspect Testing Round 2 - Who am I to break tradition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real math major would know that it's pointless to claim to be a math major to justify calculations...

Also, to put numbers onto the Deoxys comparisons (because I've read way too much of the other stuff and I don't know what to say about it anymore), Normal has 87% of Attack's power (comparison: if A can beat [opponent] without SR, N likely can with it) and 79% more bulk. Normal being banned was kind of suspect (no pun intended) to me, too, but I can see why people did it.

I think this sort of reminds me of the Damp Rock vote last gen for UU. It was thought that rain was a broken playstyle in UU, and they needed to decide which aspect they should nerf. They could have banned the swift swimmers, but instead simply decided to ban damp rock, the item that allowed rain to last for so long. I think that's why banning drizzle is a good idea.

(a) Rain has become a more complex and balanced playstyle than one might think. It's no longer just "swift swim lols". Manaphy, Rain Dish users like Ludicolo, and Pokemon like nattorei that enjoy the fire buff all benefit from rain dance, and it won't be so simple to eliminate one by one the things that people can use on rain dance teams.

(b) We don't want to totally destroy rain dance. I think that would be a severe overreaction. Contrary to popular belief, we actually want rain teams to stick around- metagame diversity and only banning things if completely necessary are two concepts I fully subscribe to. If we ban drizzle, rain teams will still be around- but if we ban random pokemon/abilities, we have totally eliminated a playstyle that could have become balanaced if we just nerfed it a little.

(c) Kingdra, Ludicolo and Kabutops are not Ubers by nature. Swift Swim is not a uber ability. I know this is a weird argument but I'm just going to say what we're all thinking. Nearly nothing has changed for these Pokemon over their existence- not once did we consider banning them in previous generations, and they haven't received any notable buffs this generation. So, logically, we must ask ourselves, "What has changed about these Pokemon from gen 4 to gen 5?" Obviously this is drizzle. These Pokemon are simply not broken on rain DANCE teams, and only on drizzle teams are they really that bad. I think it would be fucked up to look at our banlist and see some UU Pokemon last generation on it, despite the fact that they 0 new things to work with. This could be easily avoided by simply banning drizzle.

(d) None of these pokemon are brokemon without drizzle. Extension of previous argument, but something I want to closely address. These guys aren't exactly one-trick ponies, and they have several uses on teams without rain, all of which they fulfuill to a non-Uber degree. To ban these Pokemon due to a field effect is silly. It would be like, if we got an auto-trick roomer, to ban Clamperl and Marowak instead of trick room.

I'm honestly curious why some people seem to think that banning a myriad of rain aspects is better than just banning drizzle.

If you look at my post, you notice that I said rain offense dies. Nattorei, Forretress, and Tentacruel are not offensive.

To avoid repeating myself, I will ask you to please read post #874 on page 35. It describes why rain offense won't be around.

The tl;dr version is that a 1.5x boost won't do jack squat. Certainly not enough that you should dedicate an entire team slot to get it. And the pokemon who don't need double speed are the ones who can't sweep worth beans. But at least read the post.
You can´t pretend that all the rain sweepers must have both; STAB in water and Thunder/Gale, and Politoed can be a good pokemon (good enough for using a slot in a common team), you can´t compare it with Porygon-Z, remember that the STAB of Porygon-Z don´t cover anything and the normal type isn´t so defensive as the water type, and you must remember that Politoed can use Hypnosis or Encore and sometimes it can also resist a STAB CloseCombat, When do Porygon-Z have done this?, in conclusion i think that without Swift Swim, the rain teams can be like the 4th gen. SS teams, and perhaps better, because the rain won´t damage your own pokemons.

What make rain so funny is the fact tha when i need to counter rain team, that fucking gliscor always step in my beautifully made plan to stomp all over my face.
With so many gliscor in this meta, countering rain become harder especialy with SS

At first I wouldn't have even considered banning Swift Swim over Drizzle, but it makes sense.

It's been argued that doing so would end Rain Heavy Offense, but isn't that what the problem's been? Nowhere in this thread have I seen complaints about the potency of Tentacruel and Parasect but we would rather ban their tactic than one that was gimmicky last gen, more complained about and generally seen as less skillfull. Aside banning Drizzle over Swift Swim effectively kills balanced rain as well, and requires Aboma or Ninetales as instant weather changers against a Sandstorm team.

Heavy Offense without Swift Swim wouldn't be viable in this meta because Swift Swim teams would kill it mercilessly. Still things like Toruneruso could toss around Specs boosted (and immune to not even Shedinja) Gales, it's no Specs Kingdra but that's the point in our banning.

tl;dr: Swift swim is the culprit. If drizzle gets banned I think we should at least have a variation tournament of OU with Swift Swim instead so we have some experience in the alternative.

The problem with Rain is that Swift Swim mons basically get Sand Power AND Sand Throw/Paddle, while all the other weathers get only one of the two. Rain basically gets both advantages, while other weathers have to choose one or the other. The other problem is that if you dedicate specing half you team to dealing with rain (Lets face it, it's impossible to stop a well built Rain Team with one Pokemon), as soon as you face something that isn't rain, you have serious problems. Rain is broken because while it IS beatable, setting yourself up to do so cripples your team against anything other than rain. You can argue that Hail Tentacruel helps, but Kabutops is ripping it in half with Stone Edge anyway. You might get the Hail Off, but then they switch Toed back in and you just lost a perfectly good pokemon for nothing. Rain has Extreme Special power combined with Powerful Physical attackers. Water is also a much better type than Fire/Grass and arguably Ground too.

At first I wouldn't have even considered banning Swift Swim over Drizzle, but it makes sense.

It's been argued that doing so would end Rain Heavy Offense, but isn't that what the problem's been? Nowhere in this thread have I seen complaints about the potency of Tentacruel and Parasect but we would rather ban their tactic than one that was gimmicky last gen, more complained about and generally seen as less skillfull. Aside banning Drizzle over Swift Swim effectively kills balanced rain as well, and requires Aboma or Ninetales as instant weather changers against a Sandstorm team.

Heavy Offense without Swift Swim wouldn't be viable in this meta because Swift Swim teams would kill it mercilessly. Still things like Toruneruso could toss around Specs boosted (and immune to not even Shedinja) Gales, it's no Specs Kingdra but that's the point in our banning.

tl;dr: Swift swim is the culprit. If drizzle gets banned I think we should at least have a variation tournament of OU with Swift Swim instead so we have some experience in the alternative.
Rain Offense could still be good with 8 turn rain, just as a counter to Sand, if nothing else. It is perma-rain that makes it OP. Banning drizzle won't remove any styles of play, banning SS will

Rain Offense could still be good with 8 turn rain, just as a counter to Sand, if nothing else. It is perma-rain that makes it OP. Banning drizzle won't remove any styles of play, banning SS will
Baning Drizzle will make the metagame unbalanced in favor of sun and sand sweepers (and even more if Shandera is released), baning SwiftSwim will just put the rain teams at nearly the same level as sand teams.

Question, when more Dream World abilities are released, does that affect the bans that we've already done.
If for instance next month we just get a counters or revenge killers to banned pokemon.

For example we ban Salamence, and then 5 pokemon that counter salamence are released the following month from DW.
Does he get a suspect test?
Im not saying to ban Salamence, realize that before anyone gets it twisted, it's an example.

I think a situation would be for instance ditto coming out, being able to revenge a significant amount of pokemon.

Question, when more Dream World abilities are released, does that affect the bans that we've already done.
If for instance next month we just get a counters or revenge killers to banned pokemon.

For example we ban Salamence, and then 5 pokemon that counter salamence are released the following month from DW.
Does he get a suspect test?
Im not saying to ban Salamence, realize that before anyone gets it twisted, it's an example.
We have the ability to nominate Uber pokemon for suspect status in OU. So yeah, he would probably be nominated for another test.

Baning Drizzle will make the metagame unbalanced in favor of sun and sand sweepers (and even more if Shandera is released), baning SwiftSwim will just put the rain teams at nearly the same level as sand teams.
Every time I hear this argument, it makes me want to cry. Sand Stream was prfectly allowable in gen 4, and all that has been added are Doryuuzu and Landlos which will likely be banned shortly. Also, Sun teams are very easy to counter without using Rain. The idea that all the weathers are intertwined is absurd and untrue. Banning Drizzle will simply un-break rain offense. That is it.

Every time I hear this argument, it makes me want to cry. Sand Stream was prfectly allowable in gen 4, and all that has been added are Doryuuzu and Landlos which will likely be banned shortly.

Ehh,both are easily countered by almost any Fighting type with a Balloon.
Terakion for example can take a Rock Slide from Dory,Rock Polish and OHKO Dory with Close Combat. I'm unsure how much Terakion's Stone Edge does to Landlos,but I'm pretty sure it can do quite a bit.

Bringing back idea of preventing Drizzle+ Swift swim teams with a clause to make the two abilities incompatible on a team.

At the time of ceasing it's discussion the argument was about the precedent it would set.

Does terakion even have the defenses to take a brick break from Dory?

Bringing back idea of preventing Drizzle+ Swift swim teams with a clause to make the two abilities incompatible on a team.

At the time of ceasing it's discussion the argument was about the precedent it would set.

Does terakion even have the defenses to take a brick break from Dory?
How many Dorys carry Brick Break? :/
Most I see carry X-Scissor.

I really don't see what's the problem with just banning Kingdra and other potential rain sweepers that cause rain teams to be OP at the moment.

The problem with banning Swift Swim or Drizzle is that Swift Swim clearly isn't broken on every single pokemon that gets it, and removing Drizzle changes a playstyle itself to keep it balanced instead of actually targeting the pokemon within that playstyle that make it OP.

How many Dorys carry Brick Break? :/
Most I see carry X-Scissor.
Is that really an argument though?
"not enough Dory's carry brick break".
You don't think about it and then next thing you know your getting dented.

Like nattoreis & scizors that switch in on tyrannitar and eat fireblast/flamethrower and gliscors & randorosu's eating ice beams.

Brick break lets Dory dent/kill certain obstacles so it's worth consideration.

Is that really an argument though?
"not enough Dory's carry brick break".
You don't think about it and then next thing you know your getting dented.

Like nattoreis & scizors that switch in on tyrannitar and eat fireblast/flamethrower and gliscors & randorosu's eating ice beams.

Brick break lets Dory dent/kill certain obstacles so it's worth consideration.
Terakion is pretty much just an example.
Like I said,a lot of Fighting types with a Balloon can counter them.

No, not at all. Because banning Swift Swim will completely and almost utterly make rain useless as compared to banning Drizzle.I don't see why you couldn't tech Rain Dance as a move, I mean, people are using things like HAIL on Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Burungeru, and other weird things to stop Rain/Sun/Sand, it is far easier to throw Rain Dance on and it has so many users that could set up at least a temporary rain that actually can make use of it. And Sand has LANDLOS, DORYUZU, AND GARCHOMP. How would that at all make Rain equivalent? Rain would lose all it's best Pokemon (Manaphy is probably going as well since it is broken with or without permanent rain, just less so without the permanent). People don't use Rain to abuse Thunder or Gale, it's just a bonus you can and some Rain Set uppers get stab as well on those (Tornelos, Zapdos, etc). Those are mainly for other Swift Swimmers and water pokes that wall your super stab water moves. Without Swift Swim, you take away the utility of Kingdra, Kabutops, Ludicolo, and other pokemon who would never see the light of Day in OU (or even UU some of them) without Swift Swim. They are not broken of themselves without Rain and permanent Rain is what made them broken, not Swift Swim. Swift Swim is what makes them good and purposeful, permanent rain is what breaks them.

The other pokes that could use it...don't need the weather to be good. Starmie, Kerudio, Zapdos don't NEED weather to be good. It'll make them even more insanely powerful (especially Kerudio) but they can still be potentially outrun and you wouldn't use a spot for Politoad (despite the awesomeness of double stab Hydro Pump) just for them.

Swift Swim has never been the problem, it was just a very good ability. It's good enough to had been used previously to base teams around setting it up, but obviously nowhere near broken when it was on a time limited basis. And as people said, the difference is the time it takes to set up Rain Dance as compared to getting an AUTOMATIC PERMANENT (unless another weather changer/move user is used) rain. Rain Dance can be Taunted, Stalled out, etc. It was balanced in getting 8 turns as you had to then give up a useful item slot or have only a short 5 turn limit to use it (which is what keeps Trick Room and things down. Imagine the horror of an auto-permanent Trick Room that can't be cleared by weather. They'd have to make some sort of normalizing move and ability). And it "could" be stalled out with difficulty, but it was possible. Having to continuously set it up was another weakness. But Drizzle changed everything. Now you have to lose momentum carrying your own weather changing move (which you don't usually get any advantage of since most of the time it has to be Hail or Sand since you definitely don't want to give further advantage to Rain/Sun teams facing you) and are on the defensive and it comes down to killing the auto-weather and then using a move to change it. It pretty much forces either a weather team of your own or a complete overcentralization around weather. Whether (hah) weather is broken or not, it is very difficult and forces you to use weather or obscure things to even hope to counter.

And I am all for NORMAL weather teams. You know, the ones that actually have to use a weather move to set up. All auto-weather abilities should be banned. This would allow you to keep weather teams and normal teams and keeps things that aren't broken without weather and monsters in weather good, but not so clearly domineering and overpowering that people are seriously considering banning them to only Uber (not they can't be used there but they themselves without permanent rain are nowhere remotely close to uber unlike Darkrai, Shaymin-S, Deoxys, Inconsitent were last time) which is a disservice to them and tiering. It's not Kingdra, Kabutops, and Ludicolo who are broken. It's not even them with a limited Swift Swim that are so overpoweringly broken. Very strong and useful, yes, but not to the degree seen here. No, it is clear that it is the addition of Drizzle that changed everything. You'd also see even more variety of teams since you now need slightly more support but things like Venasaur and Kingdra and certain others would be worth setting up Sunny Day and Rain Dance for. Kingdra is notorious of double Dancing before and is amazing at it.

And it's good seeing Venasaur, Charizard, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Victreebell, Shiftry, etc in OU. Not in their permanent weather (they're so horrible then that things like Kingdra and Venasaur are being considered Uber and if Kingdra goes, there is no doubt Venasaur will as well as Venasaur is the sun's Kingdra but even arguably better) where they are broken. It actually would be fun and awesome with actual set up weather as they are still definitely threatening and good enough then but not to the point of "omg ban it!" which some people would rather do then the obvious problem of permanent weather. Banning speed abilities kills many useable pokes that are completely legit but aren't because of permanent weather. Without permanent weather, you could still have weather and fun strategies, and not have to run weather or tear your hair out trying to fight weather. Like Trick Room and other fun things but not to the point of seeing it EVERYWHERE.

Rain Stall is still viable without Drizzle. You'll just have to set up Rain Dance and why you would play that over Swift Swim I don't know. But it is possible and Swift Swim is definitely not the problem, Drizzle is. But banning Swift Swim (and other abilities by extension like Chlorophyll and Sand Throw because you have to because it is ridiculous and hypocritical to only target Swift Swim then) kills a usage of pokes and would make things that would have at least some purpose in OU useless. You kill FAR more useable pokes and strategies preserving a minor and lesser used (no matter how you feel about it) one. And it is still useable, just weakened without permanent weather while without Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Throw, there are many more pokemon that are not.

Let's be honest here. Tyranitar, Garchomp, Landlos etc don't need Sand. It just benefits and adds something extra. But they are ferociously strong with or without. Banning Sand Stream is probably the least necessary of auto-weather but Sand would be even more dominant as a weather without rain or sun and you might as well. Auto-Sand also is annoying to set up weather teams and is the real problem they were lesser used and cuts their utility. Hail as the only auto-weather might be insane (then again if Hail was the only weather, all the other set up weathers if they manage to sneak in a weather move could wreck it but...) with Kyurem and the like. And Drizzle can not leave without Drought as the only thing really holding Drought back from being as good if not better than Rain is the inducer is less useful than Drizzle's. Without Drizzle, Drought would take its place and be just as terrifying and maybe more so with Venasaur, Heatran, Shandera, Tangrowth, Victreebell, Charizard, Mebjuka, etc over Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops. And a lot of those are just as strong if not stronger than many Swift Swimmers with more surviveability.

The game is FAR more diverse without auto-weather than with. Imagine it without Auto-Sand/Rain/Sun/Hail. You'd have way more options, Sand would no longer be a requirement and therefore not a repeat of Gen4. Tyranitar/Garchomp/Landlos/Gliscor/Terakion have uses far outside Sand teams and sand isn't a requirement for them although it could be useful to run Sandstorm (yay, it would be a viable move then without auto sand) to counter other set up weathers. But they are phenomenal pokemon with or without sand. Extremely speedy pokes will be within normal natural bounds, either requiring an Agility, Scarf, or speed boost to go outside and it is actually possibly to run other things. Weather will actually become even more viable considering the number of set up users that they'd never do with auto weather and will be an awesome but fair strategy, unlike the monstrousity it is now. Weather hower won't be required to win and it is far more open to running your favorite pokes since you don't have to worry about needing to have a weather counter or you lose, period. Teams would look less the same and it is just a more fun game. Automatic weather is not healthy for an open metagame (it's fine for Ubers since that is completely different and they compensate for having overbalances in everything that are far beyond the norm of OU or less pokes in stats, power, move options).

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Dude, calm down...I was just responding to one of maybe five people trying to refute my analogy instead of addressing the argument.

Also, yes, it does. Have you played any 4th gen UU? I said this before: the main thing holding Rain back was that it was temporary and required setup. No one could get away with Rain in OU because Tyranitar and Hippowdon could switch right in and cancel it out. Even Abomasnow, for those who ran Hail stall. It always took an extra turn to set up the rain.

Now in 5th gen, it takes no turns to set up Rain. The second Politoed is in, Rain is in effect, which gives me a free turn to do whatever I want (like attack). Once Politoed is out, I can switch straight into Kingdra and start causing damage.

Example: Beginning of the match - Politoed and another lead are in. Rain starts.
Turn 1 - Switch to Kingdra.
Turn 2 - Attack

or:

Turn 1 - use Hydro Pump. Tyranitar/something else takes massive damage trying to switch in. You now have the advantage.

or even:

Turn 1 - Use a status move. Tyranitar is now either asleep or poisoned. You now have the advantage.

Without Drizzle: Uxie and another lead are in.

Turn 1 - Uxie uses Rain Dance
Turn 2 - Lead uses Stealth Rock
Turn 3 - Tyranitar switches in and cancels out the rain.
Turn 4 - Switch to something else to set up Rain (which takes a hit from Tyranitar)
Turn 5 - Tyranitar switches out while you turn on the Rain
Turn 6 - Tyranitar cancels out the rain again.

^ Do you see how many turns you wasted trying to get and keep the Rain up? This is really hard to do and wastes time when you could have just used a standard offensive team and started doing damage right away. 4th gen Rain didn't work in OU.

UU was a different story. All it had to deal with was Snover and Hippopotas, neither of whom were exactly common. Even if they were around, they didn't have many opportunity to switch in, save for revenge, and weren't exactly threatening to anything while they were in.

But even then, there just weren't enough UU players convinced that it was broken for it to be banned. As long as we could wall/cripple/stall them out for eight turns, it was usually easy to get a powerhouse in and sweep the team afterward.

Also, every turn your opponent spends switching in a Rain Dance user as well as using the move was a turn for you to initiate your own plan of action. For a good example, read this warstory: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68200

BTW, I totally ignored like the first gazillion pages of this topic and only skimmed this current page...

The main thing is that, when rain does end, you could potentially lose right there. Back in DP for example, if you just killed something on your last turn on rain and Specs Jolteon comes out, you might have just lost the game right there. That's just an example.

When rain ends, there's an opportunity that you won't be able to set it up again, and if you can prevent that set up, you always have a chance. Whereas with permanent rain, there's never an opportunity or a chance.

Now, I'm not saying ban Drizzle or ban the Swift Swimmers or anything, I'm just saying how permanent rain is so much more powerful then regular repeated Rain Dancing because it eliminates one way to defeat it, in a sense.

Another thing how permanent rain is much more useful is the amount of spaces it frees up on your team. Now you won't need to waste time adding like a Uxie, or a Scizor, or a Rotom, you can have Politoed do your one stop Rain Dancing. It also frees up moveslots on certain Pokes. People would sometimes use up a Kingdra slot to add Rain Dance, a Ludicolo moveslot. With Polited, you just get to add more sweepers and moves to your team.

So yeah...perma-rain is a big difference.

I quote both as you both essentially say the same thing.

But you both miss the point.

It doesn't matter how difficult the rain is to get up, because if it is up, and your Weather Changer is dead, then you are looking at three or more broken sweepers that people were too lazy to ban properly. All we're doing is attempting an indirect nerf on them, and while it may make it easier to handle, I'd rather not unnecessarily ban something, and fix the problem at it's center by banning what's broken.

Just because you even out the number of times you'd win against it doesn't mean they're suddenly not broken. Saying the difficulty of getting rain up makes it balanced is like saying Ho-oh isn't broken because Stealth Rock is difficult to get off the field, and thus checks Ho-oh. Yes, you could run a spinner, but you could get spin blocked, and hypotheticals x,y, and z. But when it comes down to it, even at 10 turns of trying to get rid of the rocks, if you get rid of the rocks and get Ho-oh in, your opponent is suddenly facing one extremely broken Pokemon.

Trying to balance out the problem just simply isn't as effective as simply uprooting the problem itself.

But while you claim I missed your point, you also miss mine. And you conveniently bring up a Ho-oh scenario for me to use.

When rain goes down (SR is off), you have the chance to bring out that broken sweeper (Ho-Oh) in and the rain team can lose right there. If rain is always up (hypothetically if SR is always up), then you remove that other threat completely. Having it always up removes a whole possible way to lose. <-- That's my main point!!

Time to be off-topic. While you all discussing manaphy and drizzle, I feel we need to bring something new to the table- Harvest (no pun intended). This crap is broken as heck. This made Tropius, a pokemon that could do almost nothing before, be able to restore 25% of his health each turn, and 50% of his health on a switch-in. Then there's Exeggutor. He was bulky and annoying enough, and now that he's restoring so much health each turn, it's basically you saying "Fuck it, I'm screwed." A double screen ingrain and giga drain on an exeggutor with harvest basically never leaves full health, unless you use death gambit or get a critical or an OHKO move (which is banned anyway). So, while you are all raging about the rain, why don't you step back, and look at some other things?

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Lum VestRest Exeggutor is incredibly annoying but eventually it'll get Tricked, or Pursuited, or tire of Scizor constantly coming in on it and screwing it up.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Empoleon takes 167-197 damage from a Modest LO Hydro Pump.
That means that it cannot switch in.

Also, it means that if it gets in, it has one turn to use a move. Then it dies the next turn. So how does Empoleon deal with Kingdra, again?
i don't know for which empoleon u looked but specially defensive empoleon takes 120-141 damage from modest kingdra's life orbed hydro pump in rain which is about 1/3 of his life and if you count in leftovers it never gets 3hkoed by any of specially or mixed kingdra's attacks(without dd).

A real math major would know that it's pointless to claim to be a math major to justify calculations...

Also, to put numbers onto the Deoxys comparisons (because I've read way too much of the other stuff and I don't know what to say about it anymore), Normal has 87% of Attack's power (comparison: if A can beat [opponent] without SR, N likely can with it) and 79% more bulk. Normal being banned was kind of suspect (no pun intended) to me, too, but I can see why people did it.
Actually I am... but my post was made really early in the morning and I wasn't thinking strait from lack of sleep xD so you are partially correct (as I can see that now), but i turn into a buffoon late at night.

I also don't know about the deoxys forms in OU since they weren't something I tested, but 150 atk/satk/spe does seem hard to justify keeping around.

Also, is this test just going to be about weather? Or were pokemon like wobbuffet going to get a review as well? Seems like all we have here are complaints about the weather...

maybe save the other stuff for (dare I say) a rainy day and deal with these issues first? o well, guess i'll continuously lose 1-2 pokemon to shadow tag every game where the opponent has one.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also testing Deoxys-N is a complete and utter waste of time. There isn't really much of a difference between 150/150/150 and 180/180/150. In fact, that extra bulk on Deoxys-N was actually useful in absorbing really weak hits (non stabbed Ice-beams, priority attacks)
i don't think that the 30 base points difference in both attacking stats between deoxys a and n are to considered a little difference...if doexys-a had difficulties trying to kill pokes,cause of the lack of moves(he had a clear 4-moveslot syndrome),imagine the problem that deoxys-n will have...i mean deoxys-a could kill 99% of the metagame if he had more moveslots cause he has the raw power,but he doesn't so he must rely on other options to beat them like have them weakened beforehand...deoxys-n needs even more preperation to be made if he wants to sweep a team so the difference in their attacking stats can clearly make a whole world of difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)