Most Underrated Pokémon of Generation 5

Michievus heart sableye is quite underrated
i would use one with fake out, trickery, willowisp, and recover, it can be a great burn staller
Also magic Guard Alakazam, we all know this is more of a defensive ability, but being immune to entry hazards, SS, and status is huge, giving Alakazam easier swith-ins.
I would run one with focus sash to catch surprise KOes

Prankster Sableye is a decent physical wall with Will-O-Wisp, Foul Play and Recover and can stop setting up with Taunt, but it kinda fails when it's not facing a physical attacker.

Prankster Sableye is a decent physical wall with Will-O-Wisp, Foul Play and Recover and can stop setting up with Taunt, but it kinda fails when it's not facing a physical attacker.
When TM95 Bark Out becomes released Sableye will have a good way of annoying special attackers thanks to that 100% chance of SpA decrease, with only a few EV investiment on its SpD and abusing Recover. Predicting a switch and decreasing the opponents' SpA as soon as they appear will allow Sableye against that kind of moves. But this is not possible at this moment, I suppose.

see ? told you crimgan is so underatted, its actualy quite good.
I mean, in this meta, flygon's power dont cut it and he is scarfed or choiced unless you want to use some other shit that dont do well.
Crimgan AT LEAST have massive power, crunch with comparable power to T-tar's one AND massive movepool. Yeah he suffer from 4 MSS, but you can take most move your going to want for it to be up and running,

Braviary is pretty underrated. I havent seen any and ive been battling 5th gen for 2 months. All you have to do is put choice scarf on it.

Braviary@Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
~Brave Bird
~Superpower
~Shadow Claw/U-Turn
~Return

You get amazing coverage with this set, with powerful STAB in Brave Bird and Return. Superpower raises your attack 1 stage with Defiant. Shadow Claw is the preferred option in Slot 3, as it hits Ghost types with supereffective damage.

Braviary is pretty underrated. I havent seen any and ive been battling 5th gen for 2 months. All you have to do is put choice scarf on it.

Braviary@Choice Scarf
~Brave Bird
~Superpower
~Shadow Claw/U-Turn
~Return

You get amazing coverage with this set, with powerful STAB in Brave Bird and Return. Superpower raises your attack 1 stage with Defiant. Shadow Claw is the preferred option in Slot 3, as it hits Ghost types with supereffective damage.
iirc, defient doesnt work with self inflicted state changes.

Braviary@Choice Scarf
~Brave Bird
~Superpower
~Shadow Claw/U-Turn
~Return

Defiant doesnt work that way if it's the Competitive Spirit ability. It only works when your opponent lowers your stats. Also it's +2, not +1.

Bulbapedia: Defiant raises the user's attack stat by two stages for each stat lowered by an opponent, including the Attack stat. This does not include self-induced stat drops like those from Close Combat (or superpower). Still not that bad though (the set).

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
@ Thorhammer & JSND

I was joking about Druddigon and Flygon. They suck.

Druddigon has nothing over the other Dragons aside from Sucker Punch, (and it's not even a STAB Sucker Punch) it has a higher Attack stat than Kingdra, Flygon, and Altaria, and...it's decent in Trick Room if you can manage to get it in safely with it's plentiful resistances & immunities his secondary typing gives it-OH WAIT!

And Flygon...it can only hope every faster Dragon and Landorus all get banned.

If you wanna talk about underrated Pokemon, let's talk about Durant. Mr. Come In and OHKO 252HP/252Def Reuniclus With Life Orb X-Scissor himself. Yeah. That guy that's seen NO usage.

Honestly magenton. Aside from sets that require items, magneton is now better at doing magnezone's job, with better defenses and more speed. Only downside honestly is less sp. attack and, its only 10 lower which isn't much when compared to that big defense jump and, the 10 speed jump too. If you want to use magnezone for the pure reason to trap steels, use magneton.

Honestly magenton. Aside from sets that require items, magneton is now better at doing magnezone's job, with better defenses and more speed. Only downside honestly is less sp. attack and, its only 10 lower which isn't much when compared to that big defense jump and, the 10 speed jump too. If you want to use magnezone for the pure reason to trap steels, use magneton.
The better Speed is largely irrelevent because there really isn't anything worth outspeeding between 60 and 70 base Speed besides some things that both Magnezone and Magneton have no reason to try and beat. Higher defences does not justfie the fact that you have no way of recovering your health, which makes Substitute a terrible option, and can't become any stronger or faster due to the inability to use Choice Specs/Choice Scarf/Life Orb. Magneton is just simply outclassed by Magnezone.

Edit: Ok, there is Scizor, but as far as I know, any max Speed versions (meaning Jolly, not Adamant) are not that common, and that still not enough to justfiy Magneton.

Agree with Berserker Lord on everything but the fact that there's nothing to outspeed between 60-70 speed - scizor has 65 speed, meaning max spe variants can troll you and use brick break before you move

erm Metagross? You can speed tie it and magnet rise against an earthquake and have a 50% chance of surrviving. And if not locked not earthquake its screwed.

And even if you don't care about metagross, higher speed allows you to invest a fuck lot less in speed, just to outspeed sizor, and place it in other places like sp. attack or the defenses.

I recommend Magneton because it has more defenses with Evolution Stone, and gets to ditch Flash Cannon for Magnet Rise, eliminating its Ground weakness. A Timid HP Fire Magneton with 252 EVs in Special Attack and 252 EVs in Speed only has 20 Special Attack points less than a Timid HP Fire Magnezone. The same Magneton has 22 more Speed than a non-Choice Scarfed Timid HP Fire Magnezone. A Modest HP Fire Magneton with 252 EVs in Special Attack and 252 EVs in Speed has 22 more Special Attack than a Timid HP Fire Magnezone, and only 2 less speed than a non-Choice Scarfed Timid HP Fire Magnezone.

Magnezone gets more HP and Choice Scarf, but Magneton gets Magnet Rise and more defenses. You may want to invest in HP for Magneton.

A Timid HP Fire Magneton with Pre-Evolution Stone, with no investment in Defenses, has 339 Def and 264 Sp Def. A Timid HP Fire Magnezone, with no investment in Defenses, has 266 Def and 216 Sp Def.

A Timid HP Fire Magnezone with no investment in HP has 281 HP. 282 if the 4 leftover EVs are invested in HP. A Magneton with these same stats has 241 HP and 242 HP with 4 points of investment. This Magneton needs to invest 160 EVs into HP in order to reach the same in HP as the Magnezone that doesn't invest in HP at all. A Timid Magneton has 60 less Special Attack than a Timid HP Fire Magnezone with 252 Sp. Atk and Speed EVs if it sacrifices Special Attack, and 22 less Speed if it sacrifices that. For a Modest Magneton, the differences are 31 and 41, respectively.

A Magneton that invests 252 EVs in HP has 304 HP.

So maybe you shouldn't invest that much in HP just to meet Magnezone's.

I'd go with Modest for Magneton, unless you're trying to outspeed Scizor.
Posted this a while ago on another thread.

Also, Magneton does have recovery: Rest and Sleep Talk. It also has Charge Beam.

Not sure how underrated it is, but my Choice Band Honchkrow hits like a truck and with Sucker Punch and Pursuit, I can seriously mess up a psychic or ghost type, provided I predict whether they're switching or not. Drill Peck and Superpower also hit quite hard.

erm Metagross? You can speed tie it and magnet rise against an earthquake and have a 50% chance of surrviving. And if not locked not earthquake its screwed.

And even if you don't care about metagross, higher speed allows you to invest a fuck lot less in speed, just to outspeed sizor, and place it in other places like sp. attack or the defenses.

Magnezone always runs Max Special Attack, so I don't know how you plan to invest more unless Magneton breaks the EV rules. Also, only investing enough Speed for Jolly Scizor leaves you outsped by Metagross, so you can't invest in any other stat besides Speed and Special Attack without immeaditley becoming inferior to Magnezone.

Brave Bird>Drill Peck because conveniently, Honchkrow's bad defensive capabilities are due to having low defenses but its HP stat is actually quite nice. Also, it won't be taking as much residual damage from Life Orb and Stealth Rock isn't as common.

At the Magneton over Magnezone thing... No.... not worth it... Metagross is less prevalent by a lot now, I barely see any anymore. And I am sure no one in their right mind would run a Magneton to have a speed tie with a pokemon who has been less frequent.

Most Scizors are are banded anyways, and if you pull in a magnezone he is screwed. Of course there are the few life orb Scizors I run into, but still, I can't think of much I would be afraid of.

Again,"If you don't care about metagross." And if you run the evs right you can run a modest mageton, with the same speed as the standard magenzone which gives you more special attack, so it can acutally outclass it all the way outside of not having leftovers.

Brave Bird>Drill Peck because conveniently, Honchkrow's bad defensive capabilities are due to having low defenses but its HP stat is actually quite nice. Also, it won't be taking as much residual damage from Life Orb and Stealth Rock isn't as common.
Hmm to be honest, I haven't really had to use my Flying STAB a whole ton so far, since I run a Hail team, so the Ice takes care of Grass, Claydol can usually handle Fighting (Froslass is also nice against Fighting due to immunity), and Bugs aren't a problem. If I don't need Flying for STAB, I pretty much massacre everything with either Sucker Punch or Superpower.

I might swap Drill Peck for Brave Bird though, I just figured that Drill Peck would be sufficient.

Brave Bird lets you hit like a truck, though. It's almost as powerful as Garchomp's Outrage, which is saying a lot. I see no reason to run Drill Peck, unless you are running some weird set that utilizes Sub + Lefties or something (idek).

Brave Bird lets you hit like a truck, though. It's almost as powerful as Garchomp's Outrage, which is saying a lot. I see no reason to run Drill Peck, unless you are running some weird set that utilizes Sub + Lefties or something (idek).
Ok, I'll try it out and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

Actually, Magneton needs to be Timid to outspeed Scizor. Fortunately, it only needs 216 EVs to do so.

Haxorus is also underrated. All it needs to do is be the recipient of a Shell Smash or even just a Rock Polish (Mew is great for the latter and also for setting up Dual Screens) and you've got a fine sweeper on your hands. Especially if you had Mew set up Dual Screens and your Haxorus is the "Bulky SD" variety. You could even have a Smeargle pass Ingrain to a Mew with Dual Screens and Rock Polish passing to a Bulky SD Haxorus, just for the epic sweep, and have three other party members who rock in their own way.

Haxorus is also underrated. All it needs to do is be the recipient of a Shell Smash or even just a Rock Polish (Mew is great for the latter and also for setting up Dual Screens) and you've got a fine sweeper on your hands. Especially if you had Mew set up Dual Screens and your Haxorus is the "Bulky SD" variety. You could even have a Smeargle pass Ingrain to a Mew with Dual Screens and Rock Polish passing to a Bulky SD Haxorus, just for the epic sweep, and have three other party members who rock in their own way.
Doesn't Haxorus also get Dragon Dance to boost its Attack and Speed? It can boost up while it's behind dual screens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)