Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

There's a guy on Route 17, in the house where you get the Larvesta egg, who seems to be looking for a certain item from you, and is willing to offer something (don't know what) in exchange. And the game is retarded because they don't even tell you what he's looking for, whenever I talk to him all he says is something along the lines of "oh let me see if you have anything interesting in your bag... oh no sorry, please come back when you do." Well how helpful -_-

Anyone know what the hell he wants? It's the shady guy with sunglasses in the back right of the room...

From personal experience he sucks big time, I tried hard to evolve him, then I boxed him, for life, until I needed a flyer
I have found that Archeops is a better flier, you need to evolve him however

How unusable is Unfezant? I really like him and am thinking about using him in my next run through...
Ingame it's an amazing pokemon. That's my opinion and I stick by it.
It should not be low tier.

It has a great 105 attack, 95 speed base stat when evolved. Super luck is a good ability.

You'll do just fine with air cutter until you reach nimbassa city to get return, next town you get fly.

With a final set of Return, Fly, Work up and Roost it decimates opposition. Of course, you shouldn't let it fight rock, steel or electric types.

I've been trying to reset for a decent Kyurem lately (cbf to RNG) and found a Mild one with a 31 IV in SpA :D :D :D :D

Then I saw his 0,1 and 8 or 9 in Attack, Special Defence and Speed respectively.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The problem with Pidove & co. is that it until you get it the appropriate moves, it has to put up with only having Air Cutter as a good move...Off Base 36 Sp. Attack (50 in Tranquill's case) & it also has some pretty bad Defences as well. That's the main problem.

Unrelated, but I've been having some good luck of late; caught Pokerus by chance 2 Days ago, & I caught a Shiny Swellow a few hours ago in a random encounter. She has some good stats, but she has a Docile Nature...EV Trained it anyway. My party of Serperior/Scrafty/Carracosta/Cofagrigus/Galvantula/Vanilluxe is still doing well since beating N, they're in their mid 50's, & I did manage to get Cynthia down to two Pokemon once after Serperior nearly put off a +6 Coil Sweep...

There's a guy on Route 17, in the house where you get the Larvesta egg, who seems to be looking for a certain item from you, and is willing to offer something (don't know what) in exchange. And the game is retarded because they don't even tell you what he's looking for, whenever I talk to him all he says is something along the lines of "oh let me see if you have anything interesting in your bag... oh no sorry, please come back when you do." Well how helpful -_-

Anyone know what the hell he wants? It's the shady guy with sunglasses in the back right of the room...
According to the official guide, that shady guy buys Rare Bones from you. One of the many ways of making easy money in these games.

i am loving the game so far, i am up to twist moutain and i have a team of level 40

samurott - the tank and surfer
fraxure - the kid that i have high hopes for
darmanitan - the massive nuker
archeops - the flyer and grass-killer
excadrill - the last-resort heavy artillery

i found the ferris wheel with the office lady a bit jarring, considering the character can't be much older than 14 and there's massive romantic undertones in that little scene but otherwise the dialogue's great

I have to say I love the way the daycare is handled. It gives a nice up and down biking stretch, and when there's an egg, the guy will call out for you. Perfect.

Hatched an Adamant DDance Larvitar with reasonable IV's, so I'm happy.

Is it just my luck, or is the chance of getting a shiny via breeding increased in this gen?

Most of the pokemon I've bread so far has hatched shiny at least once (sure they don't have great IV's but that's not my point). I haven't found any data to suggest that the chance to obtain a shiny has increased but it's possible.

I have to say I love the way the daycare is handled. It gives a nice up and down biking stretch, and when there's an egg, the guy will call out for you. Perfect.

Hatched an Adamant DDance Larvitar with reasonable IV's, so I'm happy.
I agree.
Only, the strip is a little short for my liking. D/P/Pt really had the best strip to ride about. I also loved the poketech app. more than this, because if you aren't paying attention, you might miss his calling out and have wasted quite an amount of steps.

breh

強いだね
I agree.
Only, the strip is a little short for my liking. D/P/Pt really had the best strip to ride about. I also loved the poketech app. more than this, because if you aren't paying attention, you might miss his calling out and have wasted quite an amount of steps.
he actually causes a text box; there's no way to miss it.

Is Vanniluxe as horrible as I think, or is it actually a fun challenge?
He is actually quite nice in game. His only problem is he isn't to strong until around 35 when he evolves into vanillish and learns ice beam. He is a great dragon counter because he is pretty fast. sadly he only really can have ice beam and flash cannon for attacks while i used acid armor and hail in hte last 2 slots. personally he is one of my favorites and he isn't that bad. just not super amazing. Remember though that their aren't to many pokemon good against dragons till after the E4.

he actually causes a text box; there's no way to miss it.
Oh I know, I've bred what must be hundred of nidoran so far.
If you're doing something like watching tv or anything else that does not involve staring at you screen the whole time, you can still easily miss it.
All it takes is a single button, and I alternate left and right in a timed manner to rake up the steps without checking my screen.

I've missed the box a whole lot of times.

How are people checking the IVs of baby pokemon? I don't really like breeding, but I might as well be prepared for the console game when it comes out. In SoulSilver I would just hatch a bunch of eggs and then play Revolution since it sets levels to 50 and check the IVs that way. Obviously I can't do that this gen, but I could do it with the Battle Subway, even though that sounds really annoying. How is everyone else doing it? Are they using an AR, or is there another way?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Is it just my luck, or is the chance of getting a shiny via breeding increased in this gen?

Most of the pokemon I've bread so far has hatched shiny at least once (sure they don't have great IV's but that's not my point). I haven't found any data to suggest that the chance to obtain a shiny has increased but it's possible.
Are the pokémon of different nationalities? If so, the chances of getting a shiny egg are 6/8192 (they were 4/8192 by the same method in Gen IV).

How are people checking the IVs of baby pokemon? I don't really like breeding, but I might as well be prepared for the console game when it comes out. In SoulSilver I would just hatch a bunch of eggs and then play Revolution since it sets levels to 50 and check the IVs that way. Obviously I can't do that this gen, but I could do it with the Battle Subway, even though that sounds really annoying. How is everyone else doing it? Are they using an AR, or is there another way?
Eh? That seems rather contradictory.
All the hassle of transferring them to revolution is far more trouble that saving before the subway or battle institute.

Eh? That seems rather contradictory.
All the hassle of transferring them to revolution is far more trouble that saving before the subway or battle institute.
Not really since you can check 6 Pokemon at once on Revolution and then quit the match. But you can only check 3 at a time in the Subway and you have to soft reset to check others.

So I assume that's how people are doing? Dammit...

I picked Black because of two reasons.

First, I liked the idea of Black City.

Second, everyone in the line at the store was buying White.

Uwahahahaa!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)