Battle Subway

I finally beat the Subway Master on my commute back, on to the real challenge, the Super Single Train.

He kept trying to Toxic through my Octillery with the sub up for a good few turns with his lolgarbage. Then Toxic starts to run low, then he started doing other things. Their Focus Blast are as accurate as usual... But giving Octillery 8 turns with Moody is lol and it's over anyways.

Interestingly, the first time that I failed against him with another team, he led with Crustle instead, my Chandelure uses Fire Blast, hits, and Strudy activates. This time however, when I one-shot his Crustle, he just dies... this could only mean that while their natures and movesets are set. Their PID (with determines abilities) is totally different. This could be a pain in a long run...

For the interest of the "it's not that hard crowd", THIS is what happened to me from the peanut gallery a few battles before him.

Video ID: 72-95417-23433

And this is just the beginning, argh. I need to find a better third member, although Sigilyph got me out of sticky situations before. This trio dies to physical dark attacks.

I'm one of those guys who keep getting swept away by Super Singles, and I'm not as experienced in a competitive environment as I'd like to be. Have only gotten as far as round ~23. Can anyone give me suggestions?

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Sand Stream, Impish
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Slack Off
Yawn

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Sand Veil, Jolly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Substitute
Sword Dance

Scizor @ Steel Gem
Technician, Adamant
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Struggle Bug

Things I really like:
- Sand damage is surprisingly helpful.
- Yawn lets me set up.
- Legal Evasion Chomp... heheh.

The issues I keep having:
- Water-types (that have Ice Beam).
- Things that take physical attacks.
- Chomp never evades when she needs to. :v
- Struggle Bug isn't as helpful as I'd like it to be, but I'm not sure what I'd replace it with.

^ This.

Also, what do you guys think of a Multi-Scale DDragonite + Regen Mienshao would work out in the super line?
Mienshao works everywhere that guy is great.

I've been trying out Multi-Scale and he's been going all right so using them certainly isn't a bad idea.

Regen Mienshao is pretty beast, I'll admit.

Though, what's a good item for a standard Regen Jolly Fake Out/Uturn/SE/HJK Mienshao? Life Orb, perhaps? Also is it any good in countering Weaviles in the Super Single train? I had a lot of trouble with Weaviles with my previous team of Hydreigon/Jellicent/Aerodactyl, so I put Mienshao instead of Aerodactyl.

Regen Mienshao is pretty beast, I'll admit.

Though, what's a good item for a standard Regen Jolly Fake Out/Uturn/SE/HJK Mienshao? Life Orb, perhaps? Also is it any good in countering Weaviles in the Super Single train? I had a lot of trouble with Weaviles with my previous team of Hydreigon/Jellicent/Aerodactyl, so I put Mienshao instead of Aerodactyl.
Life orb.

Though for mine I run Drain Punch and Hi-Jump Kick, so I use black belt (and then have life orb on somebody else)

Subway Master Teams are always infuriating. Steels and Bugs everywhere, and it keeps taking me by surprise. Plus Garbodor with Focus Blast wtf.

Even hacked teams have a hard time aboard Hax Railway.

Subway Master Teams are always infuriating. Steels and Bugs everywhere, and it keeps taking me by surprise. Plus Garbodor with Focus Blast wtf.

Even hacked teams have a hard time aboard Hax Railway train.
This reminded me of this:

If you even get the reference, this explains EVERYTHING. Yukari is fooling around again, etc.

Anyways, I'll have my shot at Mienshao + Dragonite and see where that gets me. If not, like I said, I'll just use Mimic Machamp and show them how a real cheater does it. =P

So Yukari is exploting that 25% gap between a hit and miss with Will-o-Wisp?! That explains why it keeps missing when I need it the most...

Also criticals during long streaks. So. Much. Fun.

^ This.

Also, what do you guys think of a Multi-Scale DDragonite + Regen Mienshao would work out in the super line?
Multiscale DDnite is beautiful. Used one on my run. Give it a Yache Berry, nothing can touch you.
I would recommend FirePunch over EQ when doing Subway, because Fire Punch is useful against those Bug/Steel types or Ferrothorn.

I've been leading with a Mienshao, and my last time in the Super Singles HJK missed 5 times in a row over the course of like 4 battles. What are the odds of missing five times on a 90% accurate ability? I also posted in the worst battling experiences thread about how my entire team got defeated by a special attacking Garchomp thanks to missing with 3 attacks in a row (HJK and 2 Draco Meteors), and then getting critted. The Chomp had a sliver of HP left, and I might have won if not for the damn crit on my Archeops.

Seriously, screw the Battle Subway.

The team I've been using thus far is:

Mienshao@Life Orb
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly
Hi Jump Kick
Drain Punch
U-turn
Stone Edge

Hydreigon@Dragon Scale
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Timid
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast

Archeops
252 Att, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Jolly
Earthquake
U-turn
Stone Edge
Acrobatics

Why not use fake out instead of drain punch on mienshao?

I've had sweeps end early due to fragile focus sash sweepers, that would provide insurance against them.

Heh. Running Doubles teams (testing out some VGC leads/setups) and was running:

Archeops (Ground Gem) - EQ/Rock Slide/Acrobatics/(something, probably Protect)
Tornadus (Flight Gem) - Acrobatics/Crunch/Hammer Arm/Protect
Chandelure (Expert Belt, don't have a Sash) - Heat Wave/Shadow Ball/Psychic/HP Ice
Reuniclus (Toxic Orb) - Psychic/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind/Recover

Managed to clear the standard Doubles Train first try. Super Doubles, got through trains before getting 6 wins on the 3rd - winning my way through a Cursing Umbreon which would've beaten me if not for crits now apparently ignoring defence gains or something - only to be beaten by... a Cursing Slowbro. Heh.
I've been wanting to put a Sash on Chandelure. Otherwise, is there anything in particular that spells death for my team? I think I want a Mienshao in place of Archeops because Mienshao is Mienshao.

Hrm. Odd. Wonder how I've never noticed that. >.>

Also, the other move was apparently Protect on Archeops. Really want to run a Fake Out/Rock Slide/Wide Guard/Protect Mienshao, methinks. (Maybe some STAB over Rock Slide, since Rock Slide tends to be specifically Gen5 and not just generally good.)

Lucario - Focus Sash
Modest - 4-0-0-252-0-252
Inner Focus
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Vacuum Wave
Considering that my Lucario is level 50, Dragon Pulse is technically illegal and in my experiences it's also useless. Flash Cannon would work better in practically every scenario I can think of. So I'm teaching it Flash Cannon instead, and if that doesn't work well I can always level it up and relearn it because Lucario doesn't need any specific EVs at level 50

Ever been fully paralyzed nine times in a row? >:[

The sets have definitely become a lot better in this generation. Losing to MixMence, DDGyara, and offensive Gliscor feels more natural to me.

Considering that my Lucario is level 50, Dragon Pulse is technically illegal and in my experiences it's also useless. Flash Cannon would work better in practically every scenario I can think of. So I'm teaching it Flash Cannon instead, and if that doesn't work well I can always level it up and relearn it because Lucario doesn't need any specific EVs at level 50
You do know there is auto level right? I assume D-Pulse is a level up move?

So Yukari is exploting that 25% gap between a hit and miss with Will-o-Wisp?! That explains why it keeps missing when I need it the most...

Also criticals during long streaks. So. Much. Fun.
Even better, Yukari is the true boss for the subway masters, which are actually sin heads in a trenchcoat *SHOT*

I went into the Battle Subway to test it today, my team is not ev'ed, I havent even found all the sages or worked around Unova yet, but I wanted to get the Power items for breeding.

3rd battle:

Wargle V Tympole, I use Work Up. BubbleBeam. Speed down.
I kill Tymole. Zorua come out.
Foul Play. Wargle goes down.
I OHKO Zorua with X-Scizzor from my Daikeni
Foongus.
Slash -> Effect Spore -> Paralysis.
Giga Drain.
Full Paralysis
Giga Drain. Foongus is now full health.
I sent out my Maractus. Sucker Punch.
EFFECT SPORE. Poision.
VENOSHOCK.

3rd battle in, and I lost to a Foongus, due to hax... effect spore activateing twice, in two possible attempts, Bubblebeam speed drop, and Full Para <_<

Hate to see it at later battles.

I went into the Battle Subway to test it today, my team is not ev'ed, I havent even found all the sages or worked around Unova yet, but I wanted to get the Power items for breeding.

3rd battle:

Wargle V Tympole, I use Work Up. BubbleBeam. Speed down.
I kill Tymole. Zorua come out.
Foul Play. Wargle goes down.
I OHKO Zorua with X-Scizzor from my Daikeni
Foongus.
Slash -> Effect Spore -> Paralysis.
Giga Drain.
Full Paralysis
Giga Drain. Foongus is now full health.
I sent out my Maractus. Sucker Punch.
EFFECT SPORE. Poision.
VENOSHOCK.

3rd battle in, and I lost to a Foongus, due to hax... effect spore activateing twice, in two possible attempts, Bubblebeam speed drop, and Full Para <_<

Hate to see it at later battles.
only gets better from there haha but seriously i had a dragonite flinch me 9 times in row before i finally got to hit the damn thing. the battle subway is ridiculous.

Finally got up to the Double Battle Super line champion and of course, the Subway decides it's best to hax me there. 2 para haxes on my Gengar, 1 on my Weavile in an Ice Sharding effort, and the ONE time my Charizard's Overheat decides to miss is against his Eelektross. Battle Subway haxing, at its ultimate best. >:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)