The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

norulz

excellent
there's something about arsenal suffering in the 90th minute...

i cant even imagine what kind of mood arsene set in the showers after the match

but yeah, if chances were slim, now they're gone, if arsenal had ambition, they would have fired arsene ages ago

swansea guaranteed playofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffs
:D
amazing.
not amazing. i dont want us to go up really :( if we do i'll be SUPER EXCITED but if we don't i'll be gutted but secretly quite happy. I don't want to see us getting dicked every week by shit teams :(

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
ffs looks like im gonna be the only championship fan left in this thread! i back swansea to win the play-offs, they could take anyone in the league i reckon. although it is anyones game tbh, reading and cardiff are no slouches. aaaaaaaa the play-offs are gonna be quality!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't want to see us getting dicked every week by shit teams :(
i thought the same thing when we went up, and i'm sure all the Blackpool and West Brom fans did too but all three of us have had seasons beyond our expectations. the truth is, the gap in quality between the Premiership and the Championship is smaller than ever right now.

don't worry shade, Brighton have been promoted so I will also be a championship fan next season!

play-offs are definitely going to be good, i'm rooting for swansea to go up since i have no real attachment to any of the potential teams and i think swansea play the nicest football!

yeah its anyone game in epl now, only a month ago only 5 points separated 12-20th and the big teams being inconsistent and more prone to losing to smaller teams. I think any promoted team stand as much of good chance as any bottom half epl team.

Lee

@ Thick Club
and in getting promoted, you basically guarantee yourself a victory over Liverpool which has to be worth something right? ... not as if they're a big club or anything but it's fun seeing the scousers throw a tantrum ^_______________________^

West Brom 2 - 1 Liverpool
Newcastle 3 - 1 Liverpool
Blackpool 2 - 1 Liverpool

arsene tantrums are always fun to watch, even if i feel pain at seeing it

shame that leeds wont be in the prem next year at this rate, it would have been interesting to see the new leeds

oh well, at least van persie set a record

norulz

excellent
that giggs miss where he feints and frees himself from 2 defenders was incredible

he did the best and worst possible

edit: giggs scores, 0-1

i dont know how a 37 year old player can still play (and score) in one of the most competitive teams in the world

this guy is really something

edit: rooney in quick succession, 0-2

suddenly things look grim for schalke 04, hmm

ok, rather than this being between me and you, lets involve other people. everybody, tell me...

Do you consider Liverpool to be a 'big club?'
Of course Liverpool are a big club. A minor slump doesn't make them medium or small. If Liverpool are small for not winning a premier league, then tell that to Man City or Spurs. If lack of European success makes them small, look at Chelsea. If lack of recent trophies makes them small, look at Arsenal. Liverpool have been consistent top-4 since the premier league began (like 70%+). Financially the club is in great shape, the new owners have plenty of money/investors and contacts (Liverpools new kit contract with some American company is over twice the value of the old adidas one and is the biggest in England), If Liverpool had continued the way they were going under Rafa last season or Roy at the beginning of this, I'd have agreed with you, but that's simply not the case anymore.

Regardless of what we think, Liverpool can still attract big names (even without CL!). I think you're just bitter they took your best player Lee. Also man-u fans are always gonna say Liverpool is a small club.

To be honest I think Wengers time is running out. His own captain is starting to speak out against him in public and I can't see the fans having faith much longer. Neuer will be a big target for them this summer (although there is probably going to be a huge clusterfuck for him now since he decided not to renew his Schalke contract).

Lee

@ Thick Club
A brummie defending Liverpool? ;o

If Liverpool are small for not winning a premier league, then tell that to Man City or Spurs.
If you class Man City and Spurs as big clubs, then we're obviously going to disagree on Liverpool. To me, Man Utd is a big club. Real Madrid is a big club. Barcelona is a big club. Liverpool? Nah, not anymore.

Arsenal will never ever sack Wenger. At this point he is a part of the club itself - he is to Arsenal what Alex Ferguson is to Manchester United. And even if that wasn't the case...are you serious? A last 16 finish in Europe, a place in the League Cup Final and a top 3 finish in the most hotly contested title race in years? What has he done wrong exactly? He's easily one of the best managers of our generation and he's the best thing to ever happen to Arsenal.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Worst game I've ever seen, a terrible advertisement for the Spanish game. More stops and starts than a game of American football. I hope Man U thumps the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)