The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
he cant give 1 yellow for a dive and not for the others, thats stupid.
they didnt dive though, they were clipped, so no yellow for that

hope spurs win tonight now

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I watched Tottenham vs Arsenal until it ended, then switched to El Crapicco. Spurs and Arse was one of the best games I've watched, end to end, two teams gunning to win rather than not wanting to lose. It had basically everything, great advert for the Premier League. Glad Arsenal dropped points yet again, I can't see how this isn't Man Utd's title now. But Everton will prove a tough test on Saturday - must win.

Also, Ronaldo's header. Fantastic goal.

Man Utd have probably got this now but if they drop more points against Everton during the weekend, they'll have to worry about Chelsea who are starting to find some kind of form. You'd expect them to drop points at Arsenal as well. If Chelsea go and win at Old Trafford then it's really on, don't see that happening though.

Seriously do Arsenal get bribed to give away leads??

2 goal lead down the drain and now we're in 3rd place, so much for a title challenge.

whats this?
sevilla offering 12 million for berbatov?
the top scorer in the league... that cost THIRTY million? for 12? are they crazy?
or 12 million and perotti?
or just... no
if torres is worth 50 million berbatov is worth what? 100? :P

although i would swap him for garath bale

Liverpool sign biggest kit deal in English footballing history , £25 million, beating the previous record set by Man Utd (23.5)

Man Utd announced richest club in the world with Liverpool ranked at 9th.

Pepe Reina is looking forward to next season, hinting that he's staying.

Sergio Kun Aguero linked with Liverpool today in a £40 million deal. Balazs Dzsudzsak rep met with Liverpool rep. Possible Liverpool team next season:

-------------------------Reina

G. Johnson-----Carra/Kelly-------Agger-----Enrique

-------------------------Lucas
---------------Gerrard-----------Adam

-----------Aguero-------Carroll-------Suarez

+ Dzsudzsak (LW) and promising players from a youth academy (you haven't seen anything yet)

Kenny Dalglish close to signing a new deal. Also worth noting that under Dalglish, Liverpool have collected the most points in the PL with an average squad that lacks depth and loads of injuries. only second best to Man Utd.

Certainly makes those doubting Liverpool's status as a big club like ignorant fools.

I really doubt Aguero would go Liverpool he is insanely loyal keeps turning down a bigger club in Chelsea. I think Liverpool should go for Neymar tbh. And I think and Aquilani and Meireles should be in that lineup. I have no idea why Liverpool loaned out Aquilani to Juve (who has been there best player) then bought old Poulsen off them.

In other news, Norwich beat Ipswich 5-1 away in the East Anglian Derby to move to 2nd and with an easy run in have a good chance of nabbing 2nd and promotion.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
great

a match against the form team of the championship and our top striker is 90% likely to miss it through injury :(

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
In fact, the way it's looking you probably won't even get Europa League season next football. Your best hope is that:

- man city win the fa cup and
- city finish 5th and
- Liverpool finish 6th

that's the only realistic scenario that will lead to European football at Liverpool next season.

I really doubt Aguero would go Liverpool he is insanely loyal keeps turning down a bigger club in Chelsea. I think Liverpool should go for Neymar tbh. And I think and Aquilani and Meireles should be in that lineup. I have no idea why Liverpool loaned out Aquilani to Juve (who has been there best player) then bought old Poulsen off them.
Well Aguero is a LFC fan:

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

He did say it after we won the CL final against AC Milan where we were huge at the time, so it might not be true. It all depends on him, the money is there, but there is no CL, so that's definitely a turn-off.

As for the Aquilani situation, ask roy fucking hodgson. Aqua didn't even have the time to prove himself and he was already being called kop flop.

I do have to thank roy for his terrible results because it put pressure on the owners and we got our new fantastic owners. So ty roy.

In other news, Norwich beat Ipswich 5-1 away in the East Anglian Derby to move to 2nd and with an easy run in have a good chance of nabbing 2nd and promotion.
and Dani pacheco scored!

@ Lee: tbh 6th is a great achievement given the circumstances. roy said that we were in a relegation fight in the beginning of the season (so embarassing, glad he's gone).

we might finish 5th though because tottenham still have to face man city, chelsea and us while we have a rather easy run of games except for the spurs game (at anfield, the team is much better).

Also, Raul Meireles is PFA fan's player of the year!

Liverpool sign biggest kit deal in English footballing history , £25 million, beating the previous record set by Man Utd (23.5)

Man Utd announced richest club in the world with Liverpool ranked at 9th.

Pepe Reina is looking forward to next season, hinting that he's staying.

Sergio Kun Aguero linked with Liverpool today in a £40 million deal. Balazs Dzsudzsak rep met with Liverpool rep. Possible Liverpool team next season:

-------------------------Reina

G. Johnson-----Carra/Kelly-------Agger-----Enrique

-------------------------Lucas
---------------Gerrard-----------Adam

-----------Aguero-------Carroll-------Suarez

+ Dzsudzsak (LW) and promising players from a youth academy (you haven't seen anything yet)

Kenny Dalglish close to signing a new deal. Also worth noting that under Dalglish, Liverpool have collected the most points in the PL with an average squad that lacks depth and loads of injuries. only second best to Man Utd.

Certainly makes those doubting Liverpool's status as a big club like ignorant fools.
Why would you choose Lucas over Meireles... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)