The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you choose Lucas over Meireles... lol.
Lucas is a holding Midfielder.

Meireles is more of an attacking midfielder. Meireles would play instead of Gerrard or Adam not instead of Lucas except if Gerrard plays that deep-lying role because of his age (like Scholes) but he hasn't yet.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
united fans don't sing all game and only start getting behind their team after they score, typical.

there were singing all through the game though
and they have better songs then <clubname>x3 :P
over to the teams that sing thier teams names multiple times for the main song :P

5-0 win at Anfield with the whole first team back-four injured, Gerrard injured, Carroll injured. All hail the king

4 points behind Manchester City, challenging for the CL.

not a big club huh Lee? THINK before you post shit like that.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
well done, you 5-0'd relegation fodder. We put 6 past Aston Villa and 5 past Sunderland and West Ham, are we a big club too?!?!? and blackpool didn't do the double over us! ;p

4 points behind Manchester City, challenging for the CL.
They have two games in hand lol

ok, rather than this being between me and you, lets involve other people. everybody, tell me...

Do you consider Liverpool to be a 'big club?'

its the fact that liverpool is close to the champions league spots you dolts (amazing feat considering how roy destroyed any hope of achieving that), so the blackpool shit is irrelevant

@reyscarfface: we didn't look like shit when we crushed you at anfield did we? you're lucky to have come out losing 3-1 because it easily could have ended 5-0

edit: also 3 points behind tottenham with a better goal difference and we have to play them at home :)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
its the fact that liverpool is close to the champions league spots
ah, the mighty liverpool taking pride in being a distant 6th place.

and before you go all 'waaaah, it was roy's fault, we had a bad season waaah' allow me to point out that Chelsea have had a TERRIBLE season too but they're still sitting in second place and made the Champions League quarter finals. If Man Utd/Arsenal did the same they'd probably consider that a bad season. The difference is, they're big clubs so they hold themselves to a much higher standard.

weeeeeeeeeeee

I don't hate Roy that much anymore.

West brom got a result at white heart lane and his terrible results when he was with us put pressure on the old shitty owners to sell the club to our wonderful current owners. i forgive you mr hodgson

Lucas is a holding Midfielder.

Meireles is more of an attacking midfielder. Meireles would play instead of Gerrard or Adam not instead of Lucas except if Gerrard plays that deep-lying role because of his age (like Scholes) but he hasn't yet.
Is Charlie Adam an attacking midfielder though? I haven't watched many Blackpool games but I think he tends to play sort of deep.

Anyway, Real Madrid destroying Valencia lol.

and before you go all 'waaaah, it was roy's fault, we had a bad season waaah' allow me to point out that Chelsea have had a TERRIBLE season too but they're still sitting in second place and made the Champions League quarter finals. If Man Utd/Arsenal did the same they'd probably consider that a bad season. The difference is, they're big clubs so they hold themselves to a much higher standard.

weeeeeeeeeeee
I hardly think that Chelsea's season was anywhere near as terrible as Liverpool under Roy Hodgson though...

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Man U's result was total crap, it should have been 1-1, after ferdinand fouled the shit out of that one guy in the box. The officiating in that game was almost as bad as the ref for Chelsea and West Ham's game who halted play all the time, I seemed to desperately want to get a yellow on drogba. Torres looked like he was worth half as much as suarez, before he looked like he wasnt worth anything.

Torres, 18 month ago is worth 60-70 million to be honest. It's that acceleration that made him deadly. He likes to run at the wrong side of the defenders and take the ball from behind, unfortunately that's not how Chelsea play. I think he realised how important Stevie G + Xabi Alonso was for his success. Not to mention he lost all his pace now because of all the injuries, I really don't know how he passed his medical.

btw, Ajax originally wanted 38 million for Suarez but somehow we managed to lower it significantly to 22.8 million. Good business.

norulz

excellent
Bolton x Arsenal coming up. if Arsenal take the win here and manage to beat United they'll be 3 points away from winning the EPL, which would be a huge surprise

I don't think arsenal have what it takes to win the league.

Ever since we beat Man Utd at Anfield and they drew against some mickey mouse team, I was sure they would never do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)