Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of system are you using? Are factoring in your seconds value when you boot the game? Its usually one second before the target time for most people
Oldest DS posiblle. My differential is +1. tried all sorts of time combos, but noone came out well. Will try different seed, and if that fails, a seed without keypresses. Yesterday i RNGed the 3 legends shiny near flawless and had as good as no problems hitting my seed. Also did a shiny scraggy, no problem. tried shiny axew later that day, again, couldn't hit my seed. And now again, can't hit my seed, did catch a flawless non shiny ditto without problems inbetween so ye.

Gonna try 2 more seeds, then one without keypresses, and see if i keep the same problem. If i do keep the same problem, im going to do everythung from scratch, posting everything i do step by step. But let's assume the other seeds do work, or atleast hope so hehe.

If i fix this, rest should be piece of cake, and then i'll try a shiny shelder, but one step at the time.

Ah that helps for verrifying, now lets try the other seeds.

Edit: Finally did it! I guess it was my timer0 not being able to go with that seed? I took a different seed, and hitted my seed on the first try, nicelly verified in route 13, hatched egg on frame 51

Edit2: Flawless corsola hatched! Your guide was awsome, and couldn't fix the problem without ya help, so yeah, 1000x thanks. Now will take it one step further and go for a shiny shellder using this corsola! :D

Congrats!

I was just working on a shiny flawless Dwebble, and I was having timer0 issues.
I've started to notice I have timer0 issues most often when the keypress involves START or SELECT...

Congrats!

I've started to notice I have timer0 issues most often when the keypress involves START or SELECT...
Thanks! :)

I simplly just search another seed now if one doesnt work, mostlly between 12 and 20 seconds, cus they don't require to wait that long haha. ANd I think i found a perfect seed for my shellder just now. Just gotta verify it's ability. If thats one good, I'm good to go!

Congrats!

Noooo, i hitted my seed twice in a row without problems, bt now i keep getting a bad seed eeevery time, with the "check" Pokemon having quik tempered, while they should have alert to sound. Can a timer 0 problem also come in a mid rng like this? If so, gotta find another seed damnit hehe.

Are you hitting A right as the seconds hand clicks onto the second before, or are you hesitating slightly?
Well, i tried all sorts of timings already within the second, noone seems to work. Also saw teh other thread, a guy having problem of his timer0 switching from C80 to C7F, can that be teh problem?

I swear it has to do with the timing of you button press. Whenever I'm having issues, altering my timing usually fixes it.

I'd suggest hitting it EXACTLY as it hits the second before, but you've probably already tried that. That's what I did to fix my problem on Dwebble.

I swear it has to do with the timing of you button press. Whenever I'm having issues, altering my timing usually fixes it.

I'd suggest hitting it EXACTLY as it hits the second before, but you've probably already tried that. That's what I did to fix my problem on Dwebble.

No matter what I do, quik tempered :(

I'll restart from scratch tomorow, hoping i do hit a good seed then that stays good. First a good night rest now.

Edit: hitted my seed on last try lol. Meaning i'll try a lil more getting the seed on the shiny!

Since it's a hardware issue on the DS, it may go back to normal after being left alone for a while :)
Left alone? I spammed my DS to death the last hour XD. Anyway, quik tempered now. Daaaaamn, Few more tries!

Edit: A man gotta know when to stop, and that is now. Tried for hours, only once more got the right seed, wich was a test seed, and not the shiny.

Tomorow i will try again, this time suceeding, since it's just a matter of hitting a good seed, just lik i had with my corsola. It's bed time now. The tutorial really helped, and will be back here tomorow to see again hehe.

I find that the Timer0 depends on timing too. I have 2 values, C7F and C80, and I find that if I hit A immediately when the second hand ticks onto the second before the seed, it hits C80, and if i wait about half a second, it hits C7F. It's pretty consistent for me.

Anyways, thanks for the guide. I've been looking for this for a while.

I tried your method to breed a simple Taillow shiny. The parents are a male Taillow and a japanese Ditto.
I found my SFF and a shiny PID frame, advanced with chatter and hatch the egg : nature, gender and abilty are correct but the pokemon is not shiny. (with method breeding (BW international and Ditto parent checked)
I tried with many seeds, but the result is always the same.
Could someone help me?

I tried your method to breed a simple Taillow shiny. The parents are a male Taillow and a japanese Ditto.
I found my SFF and a shiny PID frame, advanced with chatter and hatch the egg : nature, gender and abilty are correct but the pokemon is not shiny. (with method breeding (BW international and Ditto parent checked)
I tried with many seeds, but the result is always the same.
Could someone help me?
The only answer is: your SID is wrong. Correct it and search again.

Ok sorry noob question here but do we need flawless parents or could we just use the flawless spread?
Which method are you asking about?

For the Overkill, you need your target spread on frame 8 and both your parents must have the target spread.

It's not really designed for being efficient, it's just for people who want a specific IV spread egg now, and can't be bothered to learn the ins and out of full manipulation :)

It's also a good exercise for people learning to RNG eggs, I think.

Step 1: Setup

Begin the process of searching for seeds as you did in the Genetic Method. We will be searching for X/X/X/31/31/31. Note that you can use any set of 3 IVs, but from now on the guide will assume you are using X/X/X/31/31/31, so alter your own steps accordingly. Now notice the "Shiny Info" on the right side of Time Finder. Input your TID and SID. Select "Shiny Only" and set the max shiny frame to 400 or so. Hit "Generate." You'll notice there's a lot more info when seeds pop up, now. It's mostly useless to you, as egg PIDs don't exactly match.
So I noticed that a low random encounter shiny frame don't necessarily translate into a low breeding shiny frame. But apparently the opposite holds true? That is, a low breeding shiny frame will almost certainly show up for a similarly (though not the same) low random encounter shiny frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)