Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hrm, so I finally got my shiny Pokemon, only it had the wrong Ability. I wasn't breeding for DW abilities either so I'm not sure what happened. I did notice though that in the Time Finder, the seed had ability 1, but in the BW Breeding tab, my shiny spread had ability 0, which was what I wanted. Instead I got Ability 1. Any solutions or is it just a bug?
Searching for eggs via Gift Pokemon in Time Finder actually gives the opposite ability. There will be a specialized search for shiny eggs soon.

When you step outside of the Daycare, the NPCs initialize differently depending on how you have advanced the RNG, leading to a significant amount of unpredictability, especially when attempting to figure out your starting frame.

It really makes it easier and more efficient if you just stick to frame 8 spreads, and the Genetic Method allows you to do that reliably, albeit with a little bit of inspection effort on your part.
I really wish I'd seen this earlier. I've been trying to finish RNGing my final parent before I move on to my shiny Cottonee and I couldn't figure out for the life of me WHY my PID frames seemed to be so inconsistent... or consistently wrong, anyway. I'd narrow it down to what looked like one result, try advancing one or two frames with Chatter for a result I wanted, and then get completely different results from what PPRNG told me to expect. It was like the PIDRNG was skipping on me, and I'm guessing that's exactly what it was doing now...

I don't have high hopes for this quite yet, but I'm definitely going to see if I get any better results with just going on frame 8 outside of the Daycare (without an Everstone for this run, since this is just the parent and I have the mother with the nature I want anyway).

Nice job writing this guide, by the way. I like the snarkiness.

So after using finding out if my PID frames are correct, I've gotten two shiny pokemon with the correct abilities and IV spreads I've wanted.

Thank you for your help again!

Do those damn wandering NPCs affect both MTIVRNG (IV) & PIDRNG (Nature, gender, etc) or only the PIDRNG? I swear to God I feel I that the Minccino and Petilil sprites are screwing with me on both fronts.

Really stupid question following on my one from yesterday (can international parents everstone, well basically i had bred 2 eggs and forgot to add the everstone! DOH).

If i breed a female Nidoqueen with a Ditto and the RNG says its a MMMM spread, what happens do i get a nidoking or do i still get a nidoqueen?

I don't have high hopes for this quite yet, but I'm definitely going to see if I get any better results with just going on frame 8 outside of the Daycare (without an Everstone for this run, since this is just the parent and I have the mother with the nature I want anyway).
Reporting now that, while with a few bumps (must have hit the wrong Timer0 a few times), saving right in front of the daycare man let me RNG my first flawless shiny egg. This is MUCH better than having the PIDRNG jumping around on me after leaving the building.

Thank you for your help! <3

If i breed a female Nidoqueen with a Ditto and the RNG says its a MMMM spread, what happens do i get a nidoking or do i still get a nidoqueen?
If I recall correctly, you SHOULD get a Nidoran Male. Apparently, breeding the female species with a Ditto allows you to get either the female OR male species? But, breeding the male species with a Ditto will always give you the male species.

Not sure how this works for species like Miltank, etc. But I think that's what you should expect from the Nidorans, at least.

EDIT: Oh, derp, got schooled by Tesseraction's following post. Uh. Go by that one.

Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed. Nidoran's ovaries shrivel up upon evolution.

Also, RNG reporter can't predict the gender of the offspring of Nidoran (F).

No way that is pretty cruel. I meant nidoran, i have a female with the right nature, just need to breed as a shiny with 31's tbh! Im wondering if i hit the same seed twice, or even 3 times can i still hit a shiny with a chance of the female with DW ability?

You'll have a "chance" at a shiny female, but RNG reporter can't tell you whether it will be a nidoran (M) or a nidoran (F) as the determination hasn't been researched.

You'll have to try multiple frames or seeds until you get the right gender.

Okay, will do. thanks for the tip:) Its just a shame as basically as soon as the egg is hatched, if its shiny i know instantly i hit my seed/frame etc but this will be more cumbersome.

Edit, the really bad news is that when you tick Ditto parent, all the Dreamworld ability frames dissapear completely:(

Okay, will do. thanks for the tip:) Its just a shame as basically as soon as the egg is hatched, if its shiny i know instantly i hit my seed/frame etc but this will be more cumbersome.

Edit, the really bad news is that when you tick Ditto parent, all the Dreamworld ability frames dissapear completely:(
yeah dreamworld abilities wont pass with dittos

LOL LOL

"Nebillim choses mersenne
mersenne used frustration

CRITICAL HIT.
Nebilim tear apart the hair and start foaming"

So...*puff puff*Is it normal for RNG reporter have 2 shiny frame with same PID and different natures and abilities?
I just noticed this after spending 5 hours RNG....

Because after saying poop for 2000 times i managed to hit the same useless quirky shiny vulpix 3 times in a row hhahahaHAHAHAHA...
-____-;
Here have a pic:

I have to say poop 182 times to hit frame 231 but instead of that i hit frame 229 with the useless quirky nature.But if i say poop 181 times i hit 230 with exact same stats and abilities then when i say poop 180 times instead of hitting 229 i hit 227???If i say poop 184 times i hit frame 233 correctly with mild nature...
Goddammit.I feel like killing someone now :justin:
No ditto,no international parents,no power items.

I swear this thing is trolling me

HahahaHAHAHAHA....omg...O my god im afraid im gonna give up on this RNG...because this is too much for my hernia.Im gonna get a nervous cancer with this thing.So this mean the shiny frame i want is somewhere there?it is close to 182?Or is it better just give up and try with other seed?
What will guaranteed that this thing not gonna happen again?Or i know it will happen when i see 2 same PID?
Because if it is ramdom...im really gonna give up on this and wait for people here finish the RNG reporter

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Because if it is ramdom...im really gonna give up on this and wait for people here finish the RNG reporter
There's nothing to finish about breeding in RNG Reporter. You're just not talking to the guy quickly enough to avoid the effects of the NPCs.

But thats not possible...i got the shiny frame of 231 4 times in a row by chattering 182 times.I added 2 chatters and got mild frame 233.I subtracted one chatter and got 230 relaxed frame.I subtracted to 180 and instead of getting quirky i got 227...

So whats happening?it is really my mistake by chattering or terresection is correct about this sometimes happening?
Im gonna try a few more times by adding 2 1 chatter since 182 is leading me to 229 more often.

Im talking with the old man fast enough.The pokemons running outside almost dont move out of the place.Unless im not pressing the menu button fast enough but that would be impossible since i spam X when the game starts

At very least im hitting the seed 80% correctly...

There's nothing to finish about breeding in RNG Reporter. You're just not talking to the guy quickly enough to avoid the effects of the NPCs.
Sometimes I think it ends up unavoidable (they decide to move at the wrong moment or something) and the best way is just to chatter however many fewer times it takes, or re-save and recalibrate a new starting frame.

Usually though it is being too slow with bringing up the menu or talking to the old guy.

Ouch, Neb. I feel your pain with the frames behaving like that. I've not had too much issue with RNGing for my shiny Cottonee yet, but I was DEFINITELY encountering that a lot when I was RNGing nature and ability (not even shininess) for my Drilbur egg.

If I were you, I'd've probably searched for another seed by now that had a lower shiny frame. Having to do 150+ advancements with Chatter over and over again like that would have had me near ragequitting. >_> You've got some patience, man.

Ok folks,after countless tests i discovered that it wasnt my mistake neither NPC moving.I did 184 chatters 6 times and got the same nature and IV.After i did 182 times i got the useless quirky again and again and again.

I moved to another seed and in the first time i did the chatters i got my shiny DW vulpix with 31/29/28/30/31/31 :DD.So all the frustration is gone...im satisfied now xD.I only needed to calibrate 2 times to know my starting PID.I ended up in timid deducted where i was then got rash with 2 chatters.After that chaterred poop 212 times and got my shiny :D

There is something wrong with reporter,it have to be.This one only showed one single shiny frame instead of 2 near each other like the other one that was causing me homicidal tendecies.
I know for sure that it wasnt my mistake now

*Mersenne used sings*

Ok folks,after countless tests i discovered that it wasnt my mistake neither NPC moving.I did 184 chatters 6 times and got the same nature and IV.After i did 182 times i got the useless quirky again and again and again.

I moved to another seed and in the first time i did the chatters i got my shiny DW vulpix with 31/29/28/30/31/31 :DD.So all the frustration is gone...im satisfied now xD.I only needed to calibrate 2 times to know my starting PID.I ended up in timid deducted where i was then got rash with 2 chatters.After that chaterred poop 212 times and got my shiny :D

There is something wrong with reporter,it have to be.This one only showed one single shiny frame instead of 2 near each other of the other one.
I know for sure that it wasnt my mistake now

*Mersenne used sings*
I still think it could have been NPCs. They behave the same way if you advance the frame in the same way, so it's quite possible they were advancing as soon as you left the menu and messing with stuff when you calibrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)