Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I finally hit my seed. I'm trying to find my PID for the seed, but the inheritance is the same for PID frame 54 and 56.

Seed: B0819BBBDBE4B2A7
Date: 1 / 3 / 2011
Time: 16:50:09
Inheritance: x / Ma / x / Fe / x / Ma
PID: FAEDB5F8
Shiny Frame: 181
IVs: 3 / 23 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 31
Baby IVs: 3 / 20 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 31

Timid Ditto w/Everstone: 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
Timid Male Shelmet: 31 / 20 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 16

Then, like I said in the SSF finding guide, the only way to distinguish them is to hatch the next egg in the sequence.
Ok I hit the seed again and hatched the next egg which was:
Serious Ability 0
Often Dozes Off
31 / 22 / 10 / 2 / 22 / 31

But I'm not seeing it in RNG Reporter.

It's impossible that the Serious baby came from the same seed.

IVs: 3 / 23 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 31
Timid Ditto w/Everstone: 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
Timid Male Shelmet: 31 / 20 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 16
Serious IVs: 31 / 22 / 10 / 2 / 22 / 31

I took the second egg right after I hatched the first one to confirm the seed.

EDIT: Whatever, i'll try it again

That makes no sense.
Confirm the seed by catching a Pokemon immediately after you take the egg.

I don't care if you THINK you hit your seed, with the IVs you report, the game would have had to spontaneously generate a 22 out of nowhere, which didn't happen.

Anyway, you're trying to distinguish which of the two frames it is, and it's the one after a single chatter, so restart, hit the seed again, and pick up the egg after 2 chatters.

I took the second egg right after I hatched the first one to confirm the seed.

EDIT: Whatever, i'll try it again
Then, if you did that, the second egg would not come from IV Frame 8, since you got an egg and walked a lot to hatch the egg. The PID Frame would have been advanced a lot too.

What Tesseraction said you should do is: reset, hit your seed again, chatter once more than you did before and get the egg.

I'm managing to hit my seed for method 1, but I've done it several times and it always has the wrong ability. I think the PIDRNG may be messing with me, would it sabotage the IVs if I let the NPCs do their thing for a bit to advance it?

dang you got to be patient, its not like everytime your going to hit your seed. Their is enough fluctuation that you will get something completely out of the blue. Keep trying till you find one with the inheritance from the seed that matches
Yesterday i must have breed 10 Nidorans and not hit my seed, or got something wrong somewhere:( Today, hit my seed first time. Odd..

I'm managing to hit my seed for method 1, but I've done it several times and it always has the wrong ability. I think the PIDRNG may be messing with me, would it sabotage the IVs if I let the NPCs do their thing for a bit to advance it?
This thread is for gen. 5 standard RNG breeding. Method 1 is not used for gen. 5 breeding. Also not sure what you mean when you say it always has the wrong ability. Hitting your seed doesn't guarantee you an ability. You have to find your starting PID and make the necessary PID advances. Letting the NPCs advance the PID frame doesn't solve your problem 'cause then you don't know what PID frame you're hitting/supposed to be hitting.

Had a very quick question.
Trying to found out how many chatters I need to do, so I'm trying to find out my position on my long list of natures. Once I've recorded what I got for no chatters (do you count that one?) I have to do it again with 1 chatter. Do I save then re-do the process, or power off without saving and repeat it?
And do I chatter before or after I've received the egg again?

This thread is for gen. 5 standard RNG breeding. Method 1 is not used for gen. 5 breeding. Also not sure what you mean when you say it always has the wrong ability. Hitting your seed doesn't guarantee you an ability. You have to find your starting PID and make the necessary PID advances. Letting the NPCs advance the PID frame doesn't solve your problem 'cause then you don't know what PID frame you're hitting/supposed to be hitting.
No, I mean method one in the thread. Brute forcing the IVs. It's the exact same pokemon each time I RNG it, with no difference in nature and ability after hitting the right seed ten times. I'm not trying to mess with the PID, I just think I may be RNGing something I don't want by accident.

This happens to me sometimes, I've been told saving will change it, but as the guide says, saving the game messes up your whole rnging process, soo.......

No, I mean method one in the thread. Brute forcing the IVs. It's the exact same pokemon each time I RNG it, with no difference in nature and ability after hitting the right seed ten times. I'm not trying to mess with the PID, I just think I may be RNGing something I don't want by accident.
Oh, I see what you mean. Well it does say you should "flail" around before picking up the egg. That's so that the NPCs advance the PID frame so you hit a different PID frame each time. If you keep getting the same thing it means you did not do the flailing step. Not sure why you're doing it that way though. Don't have a Chatot?

This happens to me sometimes, I've been told saving will change it, but as the guide says, saving the game messes up your whole rnging process, soo.......
Saving gives you a different starting frame, so depending on how you're advancing the frames, you could be getting something entirely different.

It doesn't mess up your whole process, it just requires you to recalibrate your starting frame.

When doing method 1, if you don't want to manually control PIDRNG, then you can just flail around on the D-pad before picking up the egg or turn in place a few times or randomly chatter with chatot (anything that advances PIDRNG) until you get what you want.

For proper Nature + Ability, you'll have to hatch 4 eggs on average.

For method 1, you could very well save after verifying your seed,get another egg to form, then reset and rehit your seed and grab another egg, because you don't care about what your start frame is.

Hey,I was wondering if you mind making a Youtube vid for example I don't learn bye reading but by view I'm sure many do to.

I think I've come up with a refinement/offshoot of your genetic method for those of us who don't like having to figure out our initial PIDRNG frame with everstone natures muddling things up. I figured this out when breeding Darmanitan such that the baby Darumaka would have Flare Blitz and Superpower for LC. All my method requires is a perfect ditto such as Syberia's (which is pretty much mandatory for RNG breeding anyway) and egg move parents if necessary.

Basically, my method is based upon the idea that, if the parents are perfect and you're going for perfect IVs (i.e. 31's most everywhere, it stumbles a bit for Hidden Power and Trick Room breeds, but only a little), any PIDRNG frame with the right nature and ability will come out right, and the resulting PIDRNG series will be much easier to read. I'm going to use my Darumaka breed as an example.

The first step is, obviously, to figure out which Egg Moves and/or Level Up moves you want passed down. For this breed, I wanted Flare Blitz and Superpower, so both parents needed to be Darmanitan with both moves. Next, I bred a male and a female, both with perfect IVs. This sounds hard, but it's actually really easy, since we don't care at all about natures at this point. For a seed with perfect IVs where you want them, just make sure all the parental IVs get passed down from your perfect ditto, and the baby will be flawless, although probably not of the nature/ability you want. So now we do this step twice: first for one parent, second for the other. Level them up as necessary for the moves you want (in this case to 39 for Superpower, as Flare Blitz comes before evolution).

Now comes the actual final breed for the baby we want. After prepping both parents (note that if you don't want level up moves, the second will just be ditto, and the other will be male if you want an egg move), let them go to town. Now, when you bring up your PIDRNG list, any frame with the right nature and ability will work fine, you'll be able to find your SSF more easily, and you won't need particularly-natured parents.

When it comes down to it, whether you prefer this method to one of Tesseraction's great methods is completely down to personal preference, but I like this one for its increased ease of finding your SSF and just general utility for particular natures if you don't have a suitable everstone parent. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I must have missed that, but I'm just looking at it as an extension of your already excellent method. The purpose was to maximize the ease of finding one's SSF a suitable PID frame without having to muddle things up/slow them down with hexadecimal calculators in the like. If I repeated stuff previously mentioned it's only because I wanted to detail the entire process that I use, which deviates from some of the ways that other folks do it. Definitely way different than in Gen IV, amirite?

EDIT: I see what you were talking about, I differentiated by breeding the parents as opposed to capturing them, since the inheritance can actually make it a bit easier, I find. Makes egg moves a bit more manageable, to me.

I'm having some difficulties with Method 2... I'm following the instructions to the letter, get every single time I go to Victory Road to verify the seed, it turns out I didn't hit it. It is *never* a pokemon on frame 14-20. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: For instance, it's been 9 times on a C7B frame, and 17 on a C7C frame, so it's probably not failing to hit the right seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)