nj art

Oh, that's horrible to hear, Nasty. I really hope that you can sort everything out ASAP and get back to having fun. :( I hope you didn't lose any WIPs...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just can't imagine how depressed I'd be if something similar happened... I'm praying that as many as possible of your files can be restored.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Your praying worked, Chou ;)

My tech friend got my computer up and running with all my files restored way faster than we originally planned! Everything is good to go :)

Glad to hear your computer problems are remedied C:!!

About painting- I have a small suggestion to you. Perhaps you could try breaking out of your comfort zone with your colors? Your paintings resemble your lined works in a sort of way, in that they are just very very precise and your color choices are kind of specifically ummm rigid (???) It's a really great illustrated appeal in your lined works, but I dunno if it's as effective with painting. Try playing around with new hues, and don't be afraid to get messy with your strokes. Also give a shot to using several hues to portray a color instead of just one.

For me, I find that the appeal to painting is just being able to throw a bunch of shit down and carve something out of it, instead of meticulously maintaining pixel by pixel lines sometimes.

And I'm not saying THIS IS THE WAY TO PAINT or anything,plz far from it, but I think it would be a fun experiment for you to try. c:

Here are some videos from a guy who is basically the embodiment of messy gritty vibrant painting and is exactly who I picture when I was typing all that stuff http://vimeo.com/user441775/videos

Good luck with your painting adventures ccc:!!!

I think it's been two years since the last time I visited Smeargle's Studio. Justvisited here for the first time and the first thread I opened happens to be one of the best artists I have seen here. Such a wide range of drawing styles and themes!.

I'm specially a fan of the cute style:

And the more realistic bad-ass style:

And I am so excited to see the hydreigon-meinshao fight scene completed, inked and colored. I'd bet it would be awesome, and I hope you could do more of those kind of fight scenes, so full of action!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
Now would probably be a good time to back everything up.
Haha! And learn from my mistakes? Of course not!

Glad to hear your computer problems are remedied C:!!

About painting- I have a small suggestion to you. Perhaps you could try breaking out of your comfort zone with your colors? Your paintings resemble your lined works in a sort of way, in that they are just very very precise and your color choices are kind of specifically ummm rigid (???) It's a really great illustrated appeal in your lined works, but I dunno if it's as effective with painting. Try playing around with new hues, and don't be afraid to get messy with your strokes. Also give a shot to using several hues to portray a color instead of just one.

For me, I find that the appeal to painting is just being able to throw a bunch of shit down and carve something out of it, instead of meticulously maintaining pixel by pixel lines sometimes.

And I'm not saying THIS IS THE WAY TO PAINT or anything,plz far from it, but I think it would be a fun experiment for you to try. c:

Here are some videos from a guy who is basically the embodiment of messy gritty vibrant painting and is exactly who I picture when I was typing all that stuff http://vimeo.com/user441775/videos

Good luck with your painting adventures ccc:!!!
Yes I know I am a bad painter with rigid colors haha, painting in itself is so far out of my comfort zone it is unreal
i used to paint with many hues and colors and it was really sloppy but that looked awful when i did it so i quit that maybe its why i dont do that anymore

i will try to do what you say though

and thank you zyrefredic

haha nasty you strike me as a very neat person by the way you draw :p I'm so spazzy that its only natural I like throwing paint everywhere.

Here's a small example you can try if tons of hues makes you nervous; purple in shadows, yellow/orange in highlights- just shift them/mix them in a little bit when you choose your colors. It's a general throw all color scheme that I think I originally noticed from Takehito Harada (Disgaea) who exaggerates the hell out of it and then I tried it and realized it looks pretty natural if you dont go too crazy like he does.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
that is ironic because in everything besides art i am a slob

anyways here is a girl i started to draw while i was bored in school today

and then the wips of a project for an art class
an animal and a household utensil were assigned at random
mine was bee and crockpot...
it was too large to scan in one image

BLUNTS. i would check that wing girl doodles anatomy where the wing connects, looks funky.crockpot looks dope as shiite muslims

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
i dont really like quitting things but i think im just about done with painting
i am so incredibly bad at it and im not improving so i think thats about it for me

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Do a few studies from reference photos and I'm sure you'll start getting the feel for painting.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i dont really like quitting things but i think im just about done with painting
i am so incredibly bad at it and im not improving so i think thats about it for me

THIS

Oh god this Garchomp is great ahaha.

No you're not bad at painting nasty you started off WAY better than I did at least. Practice makes perfect...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)