Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I want to thank Smogon admins for this great post on RNG abusing and everyone else here who helped me on it. I finally RNGed my first pokemon: azelf, naive, 31/31/31/30/31/31. Funny story behind it though; the first time I landed the perfect time and delay using pikatimer, I accidently fainted azelf, the second time I forgot to advance the frames and then finally the 3rd time I got everything right. :p Oh and btw, I was really lucky to land on the perfect seed three times consecutively! :D
So another question: I want to RNG mespirit soon, so I was wondering that how would I check whether I advanced the frames correctly before releasing it? I mean, I CAN know if i landed the perfect seed or not and I can try to advance the frames correctly BUT IF I mess up the frames and release it, to regret it later, I want to know if there is any definitive method to know this... I hope you understand what I'm saying and thank you again. :)
Update: Just RNGed an impish 31/31/30/31/30/31 Uxie too ;)

So another question: I want to RNG mespirit soon, so I was wondering that how would I check whether I advanced the frames correctly before releasing it? I mean, I CAN know if i landed the perfect seed or not and I can try to advance the frames correctly BUT IF I mess up the frames and release it, to regret it later, I want to know if there is any definitive method to know this... I hope you understand what I'm saying and thank you again. :)
Not sure but I don't think that's possible on DPP. Coin Flip app. has nothing to do with frames when catching pokémon... right? So you can verify your seed but it doesn't show your current frame (on HGSS you can track your frame while you advance it). And you can't track your frame by doing journal flips/walking either. But yes, I may be wrong...

Just be careful and you won't miss your target frame.

Not sure but I don't think that's possible on DPP. Coin Flip app. has nothing to do with frames when catching pokémon... right? So you can verify your seed but it doesn't show your current frame (on HGSS you can track your frame while you advance it). And you can't track your frame by doing journal flips/walking either. But yes, I may be wrong...

Just be careful and you won't miss your target frame.
You are right about the frames and seeds regarding diamond but I dont know about HG or SS because I haven't played those two. :s
So I guess I'll just have to really careful and thanks for the reply. :)

Well, I have RNGed mespirit at seed 730004C2, bold nature, 31/31/31/30/31/31 IVs, delay was 1208 (achieved correctly and verified by coin flip app), frame (for method 1) was 31, so after doing the calculation (31 = frame to hit, 5 = monster frame of mespirit) I did 13 journal flips and then talked to mespirit. I just hope that I did everything right. :s

I don't quite understand the new formatting for the 4th Gen Shiny Egg finder. Anyone mind lending me a hand on figuring out how to read it? I'm trying to find a shiny egg that has Modest any ability/gender with any ID/SID. But When I type in a delay of 600-800, it doesn't show a time that I need to hit, so I copy the seed into Seed to Time, it gives me a delay of 2k+

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't quite understand the new formatting for the 4th Gen Shiny Egg finder. Anyone mind lending me a hand on figuring out how to read it? I'm trying to find a shiny egg that has Modest any ability/gender with any ID/SID. But When I type in a delay of 600-800, it doesn't show a time that I need to hit, so I copy the seed into Seed to Time, it gives me a delay of 2k+
I just looked. It did the same thing for me. It's probably a bug from the code reworking.

I've been trying to hatch a shiny shroomish egg in Platinum to have 31/31/31/x/31/31, and have only now realized that the fact that it's shiny is probably why my coin flip results are so far off that they don't even show up in the adjacent results. Is RNG Reporter capable of giving me the info I need to get this done, or should I give up now so I can stop slamming my face into a wall?

Yes, I realize I'm not posting any of the relevant information, I figured it would be pointless if it turns out that this won't even work anyway. If I CAN get my awesome-stat shroomish from this existing shiny egg, then I'll post all the info. I have read the PRNG guide, so if this is already explained somewhere in it, then I am a huge idiot for failing to notice it, and I apologize.

EDIT: Okay I'm just going to tack the info I originally typed up onto this, even though it may be pointless.

If it helps at all, my ID/SID are 22237/01105.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
Shroomish with 31/31/31/x/31/31, shiny. Egg is already confirmed shiny with appropriate nature/ability: Jolly/ability 1.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
I've actually tried a variety of them, all with the same failure described below. The latest attempt:
Seed: 280B0442 / Frame: 10 / Delay: 1079

How did you verify your seed?
Coin flips. Game is saved with this app showing. This is where things start to go completely wrong: I can't even find the results for the coin flip sequences I'm getting in the adjacent rows generated by RNG Reporter. This is happening with every single seed/frame/delay combo. I don't know how else to locate it, as by the time I can dash out and catch a monster to check my seed/delay, it's apparently too late because it gives a "check your date/time" error.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?
RNG Reporter's output for above seed/frame/delay:
T,H,H,T,T,T,T,T,H,T
What I've gotten:
H,T,T,T,H,H,T,T,T,H
H,T,T,T,H,H,T,H,T,H
H,H,H,T,T,T,T,H,H,H

Next time I would prefer you supply the Month/Year and Seconds, as it took me a while to find your seed with just the information you gave. Now to the good news, here are the delays you hit with that seed:

H,T,T,T,H,H,T,T,T,H=1033
H,T,T,T,H,H,T,H,T,H=1155(This one you were 4 seconds off according to the flips).
H,H,H,T,T,T,T,H,H,H=1037

So it looks like you just didn't provide a high enough adjacent in both directions for your flips to show up. It also looks like you hit your correct second the majority of the time so I wouldn't worry about that. So the Min/Max I used for the seed/delay you provided to generate adjacent results was as following:

Min Delay:1000
Max Delay:1179

Frames and seconds you don't really have to worry about but you can put in +/- a few seconds if it makes you feel better.

Good luck with the hatching.

Quick question: If my journal has 2 pages listing "Caught xxxx" which are adjacent to each other, and I flip from one over to the other, would this be considered 2 journal flips or just 1?

When I open my journal it shows a caught pokemon there already, on 1st page, and when I flip to the page before this one, there is a caught pokemon there as well. So if I flip from the first page to the second and back to the first, would this be 1 journal flip or 2? Kindly help me out. Thanks

Quick question: If my journal has 2 pages listing "Caught xxxx" which are adjacent to each other, and I flip from one over to the other, would this be considered 2 journal flips or just 1?

When I open my journal it shows a caught pokemon there already, on 1st page, and when I flip to the page before this one, there is a caught pokemon there as well. So if I flip from the first page to the second and back to the first, would this be 1 journal flip or 2? Kindly help me out. Thanks
Flipping to a page with caught counts as 2 Frames. So if you flip from a page with caught to a page with caught it still only counts as 2 Frames advances.

As to the first page having caught on it, this counts as a flip or 2 frames. So when you open your journal and you start on the page with caught you have +2, then you flip to another page with caught thats another +2 and then you flip back thats yet another +2. So +6 frames with 2 actual flips in your case.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just wasted half an hour to achieve the seed only to open up the journal and mess up the frames. -.-

Next time I would prefer you supply the Month/Year and Seconds, as it took me a while to find your seed with just the information you gave. Now to the good news, here are the delays you hit with that seed:

<info!>
Ahh! I knew I was forgetting something crucial when pasting from notepad, my apologies. Thank you for going through the trouble to find it out manually! I'll be sure to include everything next time I have a question.

Okay, so I have been doing it right, it looks like I'm just constantly hitting my delay too soon, and probably have been the entire time. That one 4 seconds off is a bit baffling, though. Weird.

But yes, thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't think to just widen the adjacent search range, very stupid mistake. I'll keep trying, hopefully I can get it, and maybe next time I'll breed for IVs in SS instead.

Yea HG/SS is much easier because you can easily track your frame, and there aren't crazy NPC's trying to ruin your fun.

Good luck I hope you get the great shroomish.

Is there any neat trick on skipping the frame calibration so I can RNG hatched pokemon? I play diamond and I wanted to ask if there is a fixed frame calibration? Or maybe I can advance my frames accordingly without having to calibrate frames (because it seems like it can take a while :S).

Please tell me how I can make RNGing hatched pokemon easier; like for RNGing legends there is pikatimer to help us NOT calibrate our average delay and time :).

Hope that I made SOME sense. :p

Is there any neat trick on skipping the frame calibration so I can RNG hatched pokemon? I play diamond and I wanted to ask if there is a fixed frame calibration? Or maybe I can advance my frames accordingly without having to calibrate frames (because it seems like it can take a while :S).

Please tell me how I can make RNGing hatched pokemon easier; like for RNGing legends there is pikatimer to help us NOT calibrate our average delay and time :).

Hope that I made SOME sense. :p
no rng is all about timing.. and to get the timing exact you have to calibrate your system

I have a question though.. when and where should I start making calls in Sinjoh Ruins to hit the Method 1 frame for the legend egg?

I need to know if I'll be doing this right or not:

I'm trying to RNG catching a Jolly Gible (encounter slot 5 in diamond). I have selected the seed CA020353 which gives the IVs 31/30/31/31/31/31. Using a pokemon with synchronize ability, the frame at which encounter slot 5 occurs is 176. Since this is capturing by method J; monster frame = 1, sweet scent = 2, so I would have to advance the frame by 173 then use sweet scent to encouter Gible?

Please tell me if I got this right or if there are any short coming. Thanks
PS: I can use pikatimer perfectly so hitting and verifying if I hit the correct seed is not the problem for me. I just need to know if this is how I'm supposed to RNG wild pokemon.

I have a question though.. when and where should I start making calls in Sinjoh Ruins to hit the Method 1 frame for the legend egg?
Outside of the cave, walk in, hatch the egg (WITHOUT SAVING) check which seed you hit. Than re-do making up for the the number advances made from entering the cave to the receiving of the egg. Make sure to make your path as direct and consistent as possible.

I need to know if I'll be doing this right or not:

I'm trying to RNG catching a Jolly Gible (encounter slot 5 in diamond). I have selected the seed CA020353 which gives the IVs 31/30/31/31/31/31. Using a pokemon with synchronize ability, the frame at which encounter slot 5 occurs is 176. Since this is capturing by method J; monster frame = 1, sweet scent = 2, so I would have to advance the frame by 173 then use sweet scent to encouter Gible?

Please tell me if I got this right or if there are any short coming. Thanks
PS: I can use pikatimer perfectly so hitting and verifying if I hit the correct seed is not the problem for me. I just need to know if this is how I'm supposed to RNG wild pokemon.
174. As the monster frame isn't calculated for that. Unless if your Sweet Scent uses a frame of 1 rather than 2. Than it'll be 175. More often than not, it's a frame of 2, so I'd go with 174.

Winters Zombie: Here it says that the starting frame is 1 and after using sweet scent just once, the frame becomes 3. Correct me if I'm wrong...

PS: I, too, do not have any roamers in game.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Winters Zombie: Here it says that the starting frame is 1 and after using sweet scent just once, the frame becomes 3. Correct me if I'm wrong...

PS: I, too, do not have any roamers in game.
Correct, and it looks like that was what Winters was saying.

On some games, the frame will become 2 instead of 3 though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)