Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Correct, and it looks like that was what Winters was saying.

On some games, the frame will become 2 instead of 3 though.
Ok but thats just the starting frame? I mean, what about the monster frame of RNGing wild or pokeradar pokemon? They are generated by method J right; so If I encounter one it would advance the frame by 1 or not?

So i watched bearsfans video on RNGing legends in DPP and im just wondering about where he says that the pages in the journal have to have captures on it not trades to advance frames does that mean that pages with trades AND captures wont advance the frame?

Zahir: Don't overthink it, lol. 176 target frame gives: 176 - roamers - sweet scent (2 in grass/cave usually) = number of advancements. Winters has been doing this forevers so you can trust him :P And Method J for wild captures in DPPt is correct :)

Triggz: As long as the page has capture/defeated [insert pokemon] on it then it would be fine. He probably meant that any page without capture/defeated will NOT advance your frame :)

Good luck guys!!! :)

Zahir: Don't overthink it, lol. 176 target frame gives: 176 - roamers - sweet scent (2 in grass/cave usually) = number of advancements. Winters has been doing this forevers so you can trust him :P And Method J for wild captures in DPPt is correct :)

Triggz: As long as the page has capture/defeated [insert pokemon] on it then it would be fine. He probably meant that any page without capture/defeated will NOT advance your frame :)

Good luck guys!!! :)
Alright cool hope your right i would hate to do like 500 journal flips only to find out half of em didnt count :nerd:

Triggz: Definitely...but don't find one with such a high frame. Better to search for higher delays with lower frames :)

yeah i found one on frame 71 for distortion world girantina... there are still no roamers at this point in the game right? so my equation for journal flips would be 71-0-1=70/2=35 flips?

yeah i found one on frame 71 for distortion world girantina... there are still no roamers at this point in the game right? so my equation for journal flips would be 71-0-1=70/2=35 flips?
As long as you are saved directly in front of Tina, yes that will be how you advance. If you are entering distortion world, running around, and then encountering him. You are going to have crazy advancements.

Edit: Pardon. I was being dumb. Wrong Tina. Each time the Distortion is loaded, including the load from a save file, 11 frames are advanced. So the equation is going to be. 71-11-1 = 59/2 = 29.5 = 29 flips + 128 steps with 1 Pokemon in your party. Unless if there is wild Pokemon where he is. Than it's just turning/moving once.

As long as you are saved directly in front of Tina, yes that will be how you advance. If you are entering distortion world, running around, and then encountering him. You are going to have crazy advancements.

Edit: Pardon. I was being dumb. Wrong Tina. Each time the Distortion is loaded, including the load from a save file, 11 frames are advanced. So the equation is going to be. 71-11-1 = 59/2 = 29.5 = 29 flips + 128 steps with 1 Pokemon in your party. Unless if there is wild Pokemon where he is. Than it's just turning/moving once.
aw thats just craptastic i have 6 pokemon in my party is there no other way other than walking?

im saved right in front of tina.. there are no wild pokemon in distortion world im pretty sure of that

edit: i found a couple other frames for the same iv spread 85,87,91,93,95 i wonder if any of those will let me just do the journal flips..

/goes to do maths

edit: nope and the ones above 100 are all odd too so im guessing those wont work either

aw thats just craptastic i have 6 pokemon in my party is there no other way other than walking?

im saved right in front of tina.. there are no wild pokemon in distortion world im pretty sure of that
No, no other way other than walking.

You're going to need to exit and have an odd numbered Pokemon otherwise you won't be able to hit it. When abusing in Platinum, ALWAYS have an odd numbered amount of Pokemon, as it just makes it easier. Usually I run with, a Synch, a Flier, and a Sweet scent, no matter if the abuse requires any of it.

Simple math rule: When an even number is subtracted from an odd number. It's always going to be odd. Same for adding. Such as 85-12 = 73. 3+2=5. Etc.

No, no other way other than walking.

You're going to need to exit and have an odd numbered Pokemon otherwise you won't be able to hit it. When abusing in Platinum, ALWAYS have an odd numbered amount of Pokemon, as it just makes it easier. Usually I run with, a Synch, a Flier, and a Sweet scent, no matter if the abuse requires any of it.

Simple math rule: When an even number is subtracted from an odd number. It's always going to be odd. Same for adding. Such as 85-12 = 73. 3+2=5. Etc.
found a different seed with ivs on frame 150... if my maths is right 69 journal flips should do it right?

Thanks for the help. Gonna take a bit of mastering to hit the seed though i have about a second and a half to scroll the menu to hit the odd delay since my DS only hits even ones.

Thanks for the help. Gonna take a bit of mastering to hit the seed though i have about a second and a half to scroll the menu to hit the odd delay since my DS only hits even ones.
Could just switch the year, or add a 3rd gen game pack to the bottom (for DS phat / Lite's).

gonna try a couple times without changing the year and then i may just do that, unfortunately i dont have any 3rd gen games anymore.. yet anyway all the ebs around me are sold out

About the time...
Am I required to soft reset the game and then record the time or should I just record the one in the poke app with soft-resetting not being needed? Or should I record the time after the capture of the lv50+ poke or right before that?

As for my secret ID, I calculated it with a random lonely, shiny Cascoon I found (I temporary level it up into a dustox just to check IVs).
I tried to find out the IVs (30/23/6/17/7/29) and used the MS calculator following a certain you tube video. I used the first 4 digits here: [B058C64F], switched from hex to bin, and same with the next four... Then converted my id (43165) from dec to bin ... Did some computations, and got this: 56970

And I can't seem to install .NET framework either T_T
I really can't get the RNG reporter to work in our comp, so I used the laptop... Anyway, I tried tons of times, yet I can't get a shiny. After I used the SID calcu. in the reporter, I was given this SID:56968

When I've tried the previous SID in my shcool comp, it worked... I got some shinies... So which one's correct?

Finally caught one man that took forever but i seem to have the one 3 frames above my target... i know i made 69 flips but maybe 11 isnt the number of frames distortion world advances it?

edit:yeah i dont think 11 is the right number cause i did it again flipped 70 pages seeing that frame 154 had the iv spread too and i hit it. Doesnt matter though at least im out of that damn place.

Thanks a lot guys. After alot of time chasing the seed, I've finally caught my flawless timid gible (31/31/31/31/31/31) although I don't like the fact that it's a female. :p Nevertheless, I love this; I'm getting better at RNGing. :)

Now question about RNGing pokeradar pokemon: Is it 100% necessary to fight the first pokemon that appears in the shaking/sparking patch like it says here? Or is this just for those pokemon having higher frame? Because I want to abuse flawless timid ditto using the same seed as for my gible but slightly different frame (83 instead of 87). Thanks in advance and for all your previous help.

Ok so now im going for the trio, still no roamers and found a flawless frame that only makes me do 35 journal flips. When you load the game from the menu and you see the little entry about what you did last time, if there is a caught pokemon on that page does it advance the frame one?

Ok so now im going for the trio, still no roamers and found a flawless frame that only makes me do 35 journal flips. When you load the game from the menu and you see the little entry about what you did last time, if there is a caught pokemon on that page does it advance the frame one?
Why don't you save the date and time on your ds first, then go into the game and save once. That way when you reset for your target time and delay, the journal won't show up and you don't have to worry about the frames.

Why don't you save the date and time on your ds first, then go into the game and save once. That way when you reset for your target time and delay, the journal won't show up and you don't have to worry about the frames.
oh cool didnt know you could do that thanks ill try er out

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
For HGSS it says "Letting time pass in-game so the date rolls over to the next day seems to advance the RNG by 2."

If I was on an emu could I adjust the computer's date to a date that's, say, 10 days away and the frame would go up by 20?

For HGSS it says "Letting time pass in-game so the date rolls over to the next day seems to advance the RNG by 2."

If I was on an emu could I adjust the computer's date to a date that's, say, 10 days away and the frame would go up by 20?
If I remember right, when the date rolls over it reseeds as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)