Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

How do you know what delay you hit and whats your seed when RNG abusing SID/ID in 4th gen games? :/
Depends which game you're abusing on. DPPt uses the coin flip app, while HGSS has many different ways. Calling Elm, Calling Juggler Irwin, Roamer positions.

In SS, is the sweet scenting pokemon within a cave still have 2 as monster frame?
Sort of, sweet scent advances the frame by 2. Sometimes it will be only by 1, but it is more often than not 2.

Depends which game you're abusing on. DPPt uses the coin flip app, while HGSS has many different ways. Calling Elm, Calling Juggler Irwin, Roamer positions.
You dont have access to any of that in the beginning.. I believe there is a tutorial on the front of the page i believe it has to do with how many times you say no the prof in conjuction with what your ID when you do it normally the first time

You dont have access to any of that in the beginning.. I believe there is a tutorial on the front of the page i believe it has to do with how many times you say no the prof in conjuction with what your ID when you do it normally the first time
No it doesn't. 4th gen ID/SID is solely based upon a delay. Your ID/SID is determined at the shrinking screen of an animated character into the sprite, and the black screen. In between there is when it's determined, you can't check your seed outside, of seeing what ID/SID you got, and inputting the data back into Pandora's Box.
(I really need to stop answering questions when waking up/falling a sleep, I can't read when it happens.)

I thought ID/SID Abuse was some kind of rocket science but it was pretty easy actually... I used Pandora's Box for checking delay and it worked just fine. :d Took around 15 minutes to hit my Seed.

Just wondering but is it possible to RNG startert on DPP? o.o I'd love to give a try if I only know the initial frame.

// Nah, nvm. :d I'm too lazy for that.

Zelen, so to determine what seed you hit, you need to know the exact time and date when you enter the pkmn world and the trainer ID you get? But how do you know the range of delays you hit? Is there a pre-defined range? Please help. :)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Zelen, so to determine what seed you hit, you need to know the exact time and date when you enter the pkmn world and the trainer ID you get? But how do you know the range of delays you hit? Is there a pre-defined range? Please help. :)
To find the delay you hit, you try to hit the seed and search pandora's box for the closest match to the ID you got. Same date, same time +- a second, delay should be within 500 or so.

^ This is how I checked the delay.

If you're experienced at soft-resetting (and use a good timer), you won't hit far from your target delay.

Does Eon timer bug out at very high delays? I found a calibrated delay that I can usually hit my seed with within just a couple of tries. But I just tried to hit a delay in the 14k range and suddenly I'm off by over a hundred.

Why is it that the frame im missing is skipping the first two calls that im supposed to get according rng reporter?

According to RNG reporter im supposed to get K,K,K,P,K etc and im supposed to pick up the egg right after that

I keep getting K,P,K etc and when i entered it into RNG reporter it said i hit the right delay it just seems odd to me. I picked the egg on frame 4 (after 3 calls as apposed to 6) and i got the desired IV's just confused as to why this is happening?

Argh. This 4th gen stuff looks so much more difficult than 5th gen manipulation. Even after finding a suitable flawless frame (which is not easy), you then have to find an ID/SID that works for shiny purposes. Seems difficult to manipulate that. Heck, I'm not even sure how to use that flawless seed and using it to find an accompanying ID/SID to get a shiny. Am I making this harder than it really is?

Argh. This 4th gen stuff looks so much more difficult than 5th gen manipulation. Even after finding a suitable flawless frame (which is not easy), you then have to find an ID/SID that works for shiny purposes. Seems difficult to manipulate that. Heck, I'm not even sure how to use that flawless seed and using it to find an accompanying ID/SID to get a shiny. Am I making this harder than it really is?
yeah you are,IMO shiny breeding especially is a lot easier than 5th gen...well, not really easier but less tedious

yeah you are,IMO shiny breeding especially is a lot easier than 5th gen...well, not really easier but less tedious
Well I'm trying to go for some Shiny Flawless Legendaries in the 4th Gen games (working on Pearl atm). I'm not too worried about breeding. I've got that down in the 5th Gen games. Any suggestions for a 4th gen noob? Or am I just going to have to try and figure out the first few posts? I was able to find a few nice spreads from those spread sheets, however, I'm not sure about shiny manipulation for those spreads. I feel REALLY stupid after reading some of that. I was able to understand the calibration just fine (13 second reset for me, Delay range from 618-628). However, finding a shiny flawless has been a pain. Without an understanding of the manipulation, I'm pretty well screwed. Would be nice to find a flawless seed that can be synchronized. That would certainly help, barring I can figure out how to abuse the ID/SID aspect.

EDIT: Should I start simple and find a seed with a certain time and see if i can hit that seed? Also, I did see some flawless spreads on the spreadsheets, but I was not sure if they were synchronizable. Any hints or suggestions there? I was so happy I figured out RNG abuse in 5th gen, I really wanted to do the same for 4th gen. I would certainly be more than happy to do some 5th gen work for somebody that is willing to help.

Why is it that the frame im missing is skipping the first two calls that im supposed to get according rng reporter?

According to RNG reporter im supposed to get K,K,K,P,K etc and im supposed to pick up the egg right after that

I keep getting K,P,K etc and when i entered it into RNG reporter it said i hit the right delay it just seems odd to me. I picked the egg on frame 4 (after 3 calls as apposed to 6) and i got the desired IV's just confused as to why this is happening?
it is probably the NPC that is at the bottom of the route, it makes you skip 3 frames usually

MEGAEDIT: I figured out what frame im on, apparently I was one frame over. Is there anything I can do to only advance my target frame by one frame? In the guide it says to just wait a little before picking up the gift so would I be waiting for the NPC to move or turn 1 space pretty much? Thank you to anyone who puts the time to read into my question
This method works. Not sure if turning in a place advances your frame by 1. On DPP games it didn't work for me usually (no frame advance at all).

You should choose your RNG place carefully because NPCs can help you as well as mess up everything... There was one town with only one NPC in the market. I don't qremember what that place was called. "That town where is professor Rowan's laboratory". xP

Oh wait a second... Sandgem Town? Could it be? o.o

you're welcome. tried my first egg abuse today, and it doesn't really affected my frame results

QUESTION: Is the mudkip that steven gives you in frame 9 or 1?
It only did it for the hitmontop it didnt do it for the snorlax i just bred its wierd maybe i saved the game at a point where the NPC was doing a lot of moving.

Frame 1 i believe it just like any other gift pokemon

This method works. Not sure if turning in a place advances your frame by 1. On DPP games it didn't work for me usually (no frame advance at all).

You should choose your RNG place carefully because NPCs can help you as well as mess up everything... There was one town with only one NPC in the market. I don't qremember what that place was called. "That town where is professor Rowan's laboratory". xP

Oh wait a second... Sandgem Town? Could it be? o.o
But it isn't perfect right? I did hit the seed again and waited for the npc to move but i still got the same imperfect iv spread so does that mean it could advance the frame by a random amount of frames? And thank you for the advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)