Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

wtf rey that's almost exactly my agent deck

i'm only running 2 hyperion but I have BLS in there
i'm also running 2 sarc but i should test 3
apart from that the main difference is that i run 3 MST and 3 Duality along with cutting your D-prisons for CotH and Starlight

overall mine's working well. idk about any problems with yours, maybe it's a consistency issue.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
wtf rey that's almost exactly my agent deck

i'm only running 2 hyperion but I have BLS in there
i'm also running 2 sarc but i should test 3
apart from that the main difference is that i run 3 MST and 3 Duality along with cutting your D-prisons for CotH and Starlight

overall mine's working well. idk about any problems with yours, maybe it's a consistency issue.
yeah mines from presept ban, im definitely adding bls once the new banlist is up

I find that lots of the mods are completely incompetent. Some mod named Shadow (or something along those lines) came in to a match where a user asked him if Skill Drain takes away the fact a monster is Gemini. Shadow agreed with him, and completely ruined the match for the other guy. That guy proceeded to A.S.S. his opponent, and shadow banned him. It's like a circus, man. There should at least be a knowledge test along with the mod applications.

MY newest chaos build.
Monsters 21
1xBLS
2xChaos Sorcerer
1xDAD
1xSangan
3xTour guides
3xRyko
1xGale
1xGlow up bulb
1xDandylion
2xNecor gardna
1xHonest
1xEffect V
1xGorz
1xPSZ
1xDiemsional Alchemist

spells 14
1xFoolish
1xBurial from a different dimension
1xDark Core
1xMonster reborn
1xDark hole
3xMST
1xHeavy storm
1xAllure of Darkness
1xPot of Avarice
2xMonster reincarnation

traps 5.
1xBeckoning ligt
2xSolemn warning
1xSolemn judge
1xStarlight Road

side deck 15
2xDoomcalibur knight
2xThunder king Rai-oh
2xCyber dragon
2xD.D Crow
1xMirror force
2xPOD
1xTrap dustshoot
2xMind crush
1xDeck Devastation Virus

I find that lots of the mods are completely incompetent. Some mod named Shadow (or something along those lines) came in to a match where a user asked him if Skill Drain takes away the fact a monster is Gemini. Shadow agreed with him, and completely ruined the match for the other guy. That guy proceeded to A.S.S. his opponent, and shadow banned him. It's like a circus, man. There should at least be a knowledge test along with the mod applications.
We're doing a massive clean-out of the mods right now. So far we dropped about 12.

Monster removal and destruction is so ridiculously common and easy to come by that it's not exactly hard to remove him from the field or keep him off the field.

He's a 3000 attack version of Chaos Sorcerer. He's not OMG BROKEN, but he's still pretty damn good.

bls is no doubt completely broken, you guys have not played this format enough/properly

yesterday i played 20 matches with my falcon deck (running bls of course) vs zombies, agents, and twilight (all running tour guide of course) and bls won every single game that it was dropped in, either directly or indirectly (via having to burn like 3 resources to get rid of him)

i main triple veiler but tour guide baits the first, and the odds of me having a second are rare at best + there's the fact that quite often you do not have many answers to an on-field bls especially if they have a veiler in hand. you're pretty much forced to save your dark hole for bls or risk auto-losing when he comes out.

a well-played bls (ie not into backrows, with a veiler in hand) basically guarantees victory.

to be fair, that is the absolute worst way to handle getting an incorrect ruling.

Well of course he deserved the ban for A.S.S.'ing the guy, but hey it's the internet.

I've been trying out so many different decks lately. Evo/Jurrac, Mist Valley, a little Watt experimentation, even tried mixing a Genex/Mist Valley setup for Apex Avian and Dark Simorgh. Most completely unsuccessful...

I think I'm just gonna stick to Lightsworns from now on. :/

After playing and playing and playing the chaos build. Dark Core has proven to be a very usefull spell card. Usually I pitch psz or necro with it anyways. Since stardust is becoming more of a pain in my ass.

We're doing a massive clean-out of the mods right now. So far we dropped about 12.
If you are looking for someone competent, I am more than willing to help out. I am quite familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh! card and procedural rulings, and I know of quite a few situational rulings. Anything I do not know, I know where to check for the most accurate ruling. Feel free to send me a message if you are interested.

Ah yes, and please allow moderators a way to undo any unfair A.S.S.'s; I have received one since my opponent neither understood rulings nor the English language, and people are less likely to want to play with someone with a poor reputation.

On the topic of Yu-Gi-Oh! itself... Well, this is one of those formats where I feel like I may have more fun sitting it out. Otherwise, I have been working on both a Falcon build (which is great, but space is an issue) and a Herald of Perfection build.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
shameless plugs aside, i'm gonna pick up a tin or two today. first time i've actually bought yugioh cards in years. anyway, don't really care too much what i pull since im guaranteed duality and kristya but a tour guide would be nice!!!!

edit: pulled lame stuff: smoke signal, ganesha, random genex synchro shit and some holo tech genus thing that no one uses

My pulls from the tin:

Symphonic Warrior Basses (STOR)
Atomic Scrap Dragon (STOR)
Nothing special from the HA04 packs (I wanted a fucking Trishula T_T)
Psychic Feel Zone (EXVC)

Lame ass pulls were lame, but the PoD and Kristya make up for it I guess.

Also, been playing around with Banisharks on DN today. Deck is lots of fun (and very trollish =D)

I might get one of the new tins at some point, as well as some HA02s and HA03s. If I get enough good Fabled cards from them, I might run a deck with Fableds and Infernities with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning. (He's no longer on the Forbidden list. Might as well use him while I can.) Not sure what you'd call that kind of deck though. Maybe "Infernal Chaos Fable" or something...

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Since its the first of the month ill be bying a box of cards. Any suggestions on the packs?
wait on the ruling change lol. apparently there was a page in the recent SJ magazine that basically said the tewart ruling of xyz's is completely wrong. if this is accurate expect tour guides to plummet in value to probably around 80-100. in any case i don't see any way to get your money back from any box atm. i would just invest your money into individual cards but first and foremost, wait for the official tcg ruling on xyz's.

also, pick up a tin if you haven't already!

I sold off my sapre 2 guides for $170 after hearing about that. I most likely will just pick up a tin or some ghost rare synchs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)