Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

wait on the ruling change lol. apparently there was a page in the recent SJ magazine that basically said the tewart ruling of xyz's is completely wrong. if this is accurate expect tour guides to plummet in value to probably around 80-100. in any case i don't see any way to get your money back from any box atm. i would just invest your money into individual cards but first and foremost, wait for the official tcg ruling on xyz's.

also, pick up a tin if you haven't already!
not only is shonen jump an unofficial source, but its also a japanese one

tewart is the ultimate authority on the tcg. it doesn't matter whether he's 'wrong' or not. we know he's 'wrong' and weve known that since he announced his ruling at gencon. being able to activate a monster's effect with priority when it's summoned is 'wrong' too but we're still doing that a full 6 months later.

the article tells us nothing we didnt already know

even if by some zany chance tewarts ruling is overturned, tour guide will still be staple in almost every deck because its that fucking good, immediate sangan search or not. it was 80 bucks when xyzs didnt even exist yet lol, nothing short of a reprint will bring it anywhere close to that ever again

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
new ruling for xyz is now official, materials are considered not on the field.

i cant help but feel sorry for this guy

<%reyscarface> rofl this duel note
<%reyscarface> "omg i just bought 3 tour guides for 600 :("

does tht mean stuff like sangan has their effect "removed" if they are used as xyz material, since when they go to the graveyard they re not relly "in the field"?

Basically anything with an effect that is attached to an XYZ. Unless of course, it's a monster that specifically has an effect when it's "detached" from an XYZ.

Except Dandylion, since it's effect should go off as long as it hits the graveyard.

Also, Tewart/Konami succeeded in trolling the secondary market.

lol well i was horribly, horribly wrong, gg

too bad tour guide.dek is still gonna win the ycs
Eh, don't sweat it. We can't be right all the time. xD

I remember in 2008 I was convinced that DAD Return was dead from the emergency ban. Hell, I wonder what I was smoking that week when I said that lol.

DAD return basicaly change form into tele DAD

And lost the world championship to Drain Tele DAD

The fact that Doppel lost to AgAn but completely dominate worlds feels like Deja Vu

Ouch, I feel sorry for who bought a playset of Tour Guide
Not going to lie, but I actually feel good about it. The ruling leads to a better format overall. I also felt bandwagoning and paying 600 dollars for a playset of tour guides wasn't the best idea. Although that is just me.

Not going to lie, but I actually feel good about it. The ruling leads to a better format overall. I also felt bandwagoning and paying 600 dollars for a playset of tour guides wasn't the best idea. Although that is just me.
Paying 600 dollars for a playset of anything isnt a good idea

Paying 600 dollars for a playset of anything isnt a good idea
paying 1200 for a playset of dark armed dragons was a pretty good idea if you were good enough to win a crush card virus which you could then sell for 2000 (and then resell the dads for 1200)

When PDTN came out I cracked one dad out of 2 boxes. Then played a betting game to get the other 1 then traded my Entire LOB collection (had every card in that set.) for that and 2 d draws.

I've been away from the game for a bit. The last time I played was when the "Enemy of Justice" booster pack came out. I've always loved the Elemental Hero monsters so now I'm trying to build a deck around their fusions Absolute Zero, and the Shining

I love Agent Fairies.

First turn hand is Birdman, Hyperion, Kristya, Orange Light, Duality. Opponent goes first, sets a card, ends. I draw into a second Birdman. I activate Duality and reveal MST, another Duality, and Earth. I pick Earth.

I summon Earth and search Venus and attack into his face-down Fabled Chawa, and end. On his turn he sets another monster and ends.

I take my turn and draw a Shine Ball. No big deal. I summon Venus and use its effect 3 times to get triple Shine Ball. Then I thought for a really long time, lol. What I ended up doing:

1. Synchro Earth+2 Shine Balls into Brionac.
2. Bounce Shine Ball for Birdman, use Venus effect again to re-summon that Shine Ball.
3. Synchro Birdman+Venus+Shine Ball into Stardust.
4. Remove Earth in grave for Hyperion.
5. Summon Kristya, fetch Venus back to hand.

Hyperion removes a Shine Ball, killing his facedown, and I attack for game. If he had somehow survived that, I had Brio to bounce or Herald to stop any of his plays. The only way my hand could have been better is if I had some kind of Solemn to stop anything else, or if I had drawn BLS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)