Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the Lapras and name it Arctic. Arctic want to prove that it can help it's team, so it must grind itself to the highest level right away all by itself(no Exp. Share or switching). Once it does so, it has no restrictions. Once it solos Giovanni, it now only wants to use moves that are 100 BP or more. Solo 3 E4 Pokemon not named Onix.

HeartGold Scrambles always end quickly for me... So I will now take a HeartGold solo challange. Only 2 restrictions are:
1. The Pokemon must be Chikorita(the best starter)
2. It must be able to fully evolve.
I will do this until I get all 16 badges(no Red) and will pick my favorite challange 24 hours after this post. Go.

DDWest, take a Charmander and name it Scorchie.
This little lizard isn't really aware that it's a fire-type.
As such, it can never use STAB moves.
It can evolve after it soloes every trainer in a gym except the gym leader on the first try.

If it evolves to Charmeleon, Scorchie begins to wonder about typing.
If it gets hit with three fire-type moves, it realizes it's a fire-type and can use STAB moves from now on.
However, since it is still getting used to it's new-found abilities, it can only use them when Blaze has activated.
It can evolve again after KOing 5 trainer-owned Pokémon with fire-type moves.

If it evolves to Charizard, it becomes a totally aggressive pyromaniac.
All previous restrictions no longer apply, but it can only use fire-type moves.
It can never be switched out manually, only after it is KOed, because it goes berserk every time it's in battle.
It also cannot carry held items, as they would be burnt to a crisp.

It must solo Lorelei, no matter how many times it has evolved.
Good luck!

EDIT: Now that I have some more time, I'd love to throw my hat Chikorita into the ring.
TalkingLion, take a Chikorita and name it Petal.
This Chikorita is highly impressionable, so it is very involved with the type of the first Pokémon used against it during each battle.
In the case of dual-typed Pokémon, flip a coin to decide. Heads=type#1, tails=type#2.
Petal is bored by these common types, so it tries to speed things up a bit. It can only use whatever attack has the highest BP for the remainder of the battle, to KO the foe ASAP and move on.

Petal is terrified of fire, but tries to assert the grass-type as the best. It can only directly attack with grass-type moves for the remainder of the battle.

Petal sees water-types as inferior, and scoffs at their attempts to attack. It can only directly attack every other turn, out of contempt, for the remainder of the battle.

Petal tries to ground itself, so you cannot use any potions for the remainder of the battle.

Petal becomes violently competitive. It can only use attacking moves for the remainder of the battle.

Petal is frozen by this type, and cannot directly attack for two turns. After that, it thaws out and is fine for the remainder of the battle.

Petal wishes it was part poison type, like Bulbasaur, so it would resist these attacks. It cannot inflict status, nor attack if it has a status, for the remainder of the battle, out of jealousy.

Petal thinks Poison types smell bad, so it refuses to directly attack them for three turns. If Sweet Scent is used, Petal can attack immediately.

Petal doesn't like getting dirty, so it can only directly attack if it has no other choice. (Under 50% HP)

Petal is very jealous, because no matter how hard it flaps it's petals, it can never fly. It tries to get revenge by inflicting status, so it must use a status move at least once before attacking.

Petal becomes disdainful of the physical world. You cannot use any items on it for the remainder of the battle.
If Petal recieves a status condition, it realizes the physical world isn't so bad after all, so you can use items again.

Petal doesn't like bugs, much like Misty. It has to run away, if possible.

Petal becomes arrogant about it's type advantage. It can never run away.

Petal sees dead people, and is tormented by visions. It is under the effect of Torment for the remainder of the battle.

Petal thinks dragons are noble, so it must fight nobly. It decides it will fight without any form of healing for the remainder of the battle.
However, if it is in the red, it rethinks it's strategy and begins to fight dirty.
Feel free to heal whenever for the remainder of the battle.

Petal is scared of the dark, so it is petrified with fear and cannot directly attack for three turns. If Solarbeam is used or the weather is sunny, the light snaps Petal back to reality and it can attack normally.

Petal is mesmerized by the shiny surface of the steel type. It forgets type-effectiveness and can only use not-very-effective attacks (if possible) for the remainder of the battle.

Ignore the above restrictions until level 9. Good luck!

Okay DDWest, here you go:

You get Odd the Oddish. Odd is just really odd, and so odd cannot know any move used against you ever throughout the journey (if you run out of moves just keep the last 4 Odd knows and never teach Odd another move). Odd is so weird, Odd cannot even be used against any pokemon he or she has ever had with Odd as a buddy. Odd is even strange enough that odd wants to solo every trainer in 2 gyms that none of his buddies are in. (if all of the gyms have a pokemon that is one of Odd's buddies, just solo 2 random trainers in each gym). This is now a rough 8/10. Odd randomly appears from his or her pokeball, so throw odd out every 25th turn, even if you are in the middle of a battle, but every time Odd is thrown in, restart the count. Finally, have Odd solo 2/3 of your rival's team the last time you face him/her. You can evolve Odd every time odd solos every trainer in a gym. This is know a horrible 10/10. Good luck with all the oddness!
This guy, is my old buddy, and as an extra, solo 2 E4 members or 8 E4 pokemon. Enjoy!

Now TalkingLion, you get Me! the Chickorita. Me can only learn moves never used against him or her, must forget immediatly any move in Me!'s moveset used against Me! and must learn 10 new moves before evolving once, and 21 moves to evolve again. Also, Me! can only use Sweet Scent the first turn of every battle you have in Johto(not wild pokemon though). Enjoy your solo!!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Anniversary Scramble

Well guys, today marks a pretty important day for me: Today marks 1 Year since I started my first ever Scramble. And to celebrate, I'll be doing a Scramble on it!

I'm going to be doing this on Pearl, like my first ever Scramble, & like it, I'll be using the same Pokemon as I did.

Just a few rules to follow.

• Pearl Version.
  • Can Trade for evolution purposes.
  • GO HARD ON ME!!!
  • I'll be using a team of Piplup/Pachirisu/Burmy/Drifloon/Misdreavus/Kricketune.
  • While I expect really hard challenges, I don't want impossible ones, also, nothing stupid like "cannot exceed level (x)", you get the drill. Those sort of challenges will be rejected on the spot.
  • All Pokemon must be able to fully evolve.
  • I'd prefer if my challenges come from the veterans of this thread, thank you.
That's all, time for some challenges...And some hell...

Okay, IAR, if you think I'm vet enough (which I hope I am), you get Turner the Pachirisu(bonus points if you get my reference). Turner can only learn moves that: Ratata/Raticate can learn, 1 STAB move, and moves from any other Bucktooth pokemon (at least one from each). It must solo every pokemon in the game not already reserved that you can see a tooth in its sprite. It cannot also use a move ever used agianst it by a bucktooth pokemon. If it ever faints, it has to solo 50 bucktooths 5 or more levels higher than it to be used again in any major battles. Also, it has to show it is the greatest bucktooth pokemon ever, so solo 101 bucktooths at least 6 levels higher than Turner before you solo 3 major battle bucktooths to prove it is the best bucktooth ever. Plus, Turner loves to turn, so turn around and walk backwards 1 step after every bucktooth until you reack 125 steps, when you can then ignore this, because Turner gets dizzy. Just for props, have Turner solo 5 E4 pokes, one from each member.

Congratulations on your anniversary, and good luck with your scramble!!

Hope I'm veteran enough... Take a Drifloon, and name it 101. Similar to your Scramble, 101 has significant value, in that I made my first post in this thread(which was also my first post on Smogon) almost exactly 101 pages ago. Therefore it must solo 101 Pokemon before evolving, only 50 of which can be wild. It must also solo the 101st Pokemon in each of the Pokedexes throughout the game(too lazy to check). It may not exceed level 101, and must solo 101 trained Pokemon as Drifblim.

Oh, and congratulations on the anniversary.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You get 2x4 the Piplup. Curious about this Pokemon's name? Look at your postcount! It's about to be 2222, which is four twos! Now, obviously, this means that 2x4 can evolve at levels 24 and 42 and 24 and 42 only.

You also will have to solo two Pokemon from the fourth Gym. Now, what do you think 2x4's favorite TV show is? 24, or course! The ratings (according to Wikipedia) of the show 24 will correspond to the restrictions on this Pokemon:

Season 1: Solo 9 Trainers before the first Badge. This corresponds to the 8.6 million (round to 9) viewers the first season of 24 received.
Season 2: ~12 million viewers, solo 12 Trainers between badges 1 and 2
Season 3: ~10 million viewers. solo 10 Trainers between badges 2 and 3
Season 4: ~12 million viewers. solo 12 Trainers between badges 3 and 4
Season 5: ~14 million viewers. solo 14 Trainers between badges 4 and 5
Season 6: ~13 million viewers. solo 13 Trainers between badges 5 and 6
Season 7: ~13 million viewers. solo 13 Trainers between badges 6 and 7
Season 8: ~9 million viewers. solo 9 Trainers between badges 7 and 8

You cannot exceed this number of solos per interval.

Now, that's a lot of Trainers! And that's a lot of Exp. that could go to the other members of your team! To be fair to the other members of your team, 2x4 cannot kill more than half of a Trainer's Pokemon in a battle that he's not soloing. So if you were battling Gardenia and had already soloed 12 Trainers, you could not kill more than one of her Pokemon.

2x4 must solo and Trainer who you battle for the second or fourth time. This is the second Mars, Jupiter, Saturn (ignore this rule for double battles), Cyrus, and Rival battles and the fourth Rival battle.

After getting all 8 badges, ignore all above restrictions.

Solo four Pokemon belonging to the second Elite Four member and two Pokemon according to the fourth. When you have completed these solos, well done! Sit down on a 2x4 and watch some 24!

Tl;dr version

Piplup named 2x4. Evolves at levels 24 and 42. Solo two Pokemon from the fourth Gym battle (heh, this means you actually have to solo the whole battle actually because of the half Pokemon rule). Solo the prescribed number of Trainers from each Gym interval. If you're not soloing a Trainer, you cannot kill more than half of that Trainer's Pokemon with 2x4. Solo every second and fourth encounter with a Trainer. Ignore every rule above this after getting all 8 badges. Solo 4 of Bertha's Pokemon and 2 of Lucian's.

Super tl;dr version:
Take a Piplup and cry.

The Vs. Seeker is your friend in this challenge.

@IAR, you get Mr. Dreavus the male Misdreavus! This 1-year-old Misdreavus feels a special connection to you and must solo your rival at least 3 times. Mr. Dreavus also feels like a drag queen once you evolve to Mismagius after completing the above restriction, so it must embrace its inner drag and have Attract or Captivate and use it at least three times on one Poke in a GL/E4 battle.

EDIT: It must always keep Confuse Ray as well, since it's confused by its own gender. To make it harder, Mr. Dreavus must fight and keep every other male Pokemon confused you encounter, except for the trainer-owned ones.

While I make the challange, here's IAR's original Scramble for old time's sake.

@Its_A_Random, take a Krickitune named Junior. This isn't just an ordinary Krickitune though, it's Faricimo's son! Like his mommy, Junior's on a mission, but he has his own style. First, his mom's constant Singing and Screeching traumatized him in his youth, so he refuses to use any sound-based moves. Also, Junior knows that his mom wasn't thought very highly of, you even described her as "LVP" and "outclassed by Metapod", how rude! Junior's gonna change that by not using any of Faricimo's moves (Sing, Screech, X-Scissor, and Strength), to develop his own AWESOME POKE FIGHTING STYLE!!! Finally, you didn't give his mommy much time to shine, sitting out many major battles, so he's gonna show a Kricketune's strength by soloing Fantina and Flint. Then you'll be proud of him and his mommy and everyone will be happy!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay, IAR, if you think I'm vet enough (which I hope I am), you get Turner the Pachirisu(bonus points if you get my reference). Turner can only learn moves that: Ratata/Raticate can learn, 1 STAB move, and moves from any other Bucktooth pokemon (at least one from each). It must solo every pokemon in the game not already reserved that you can see a tooth in its sprite. It cannot also use a move ever used agianst it by a bucktooth pokemon. If it ever faints, it has to solo 50 bucktooths 5 or more levels higher than it to be used again in any major battles. Also, it has to show it is the greatest bucktooth pokemon ever, so solo 101 bucktooths at least 6 levels higher than Turner before you solo 3 major battle bucktooths to prove it is the best bucktooth ever. Plus, Turner loves to turn, so turn around and walk backwards 1 step after every bucktooth until you reack 125 steps, when you can then ignore this, because Turner gets dizzy. Just for props, have Turner solo 5 E4 pokes, one from each member.

Congratulations on your anniversary, and good luck with your scramble!!
I'm going to have to say no to this. I find this challenge to be incredibly confusing, & I also, don't like some of the bucktooth's I have to solo...Including Steelix, Palkia...Also, a few conflicts also drive's me further to rejecting this. That, & I don't really consider you to be a veteran yet. Sorry, next time...
Hope I'm veteran enough... Take a Drifloon, and name it 101. Similar to your Scramble, 101 has significant value, in that I made my first post in this thread(which was also my first post on Smogon) almost exactly 101 pages ago. Therefore it must solo 101 Pokemon before evolving, only 50 of which can be wild. It must also solo the 101st Pokemon in each of the Pokedexes throughout the game(too lazy to check). It may not exceed level 101, and must solo 101 trained Pokemon as Drifblim.

Oh, and congratulations on the anniversary.
Accepted. I like the level restriction...;)
You get 2x4 the Piplup. Curious about this Pokemon's name? Look at your postcount! It's about to be 2222, which is four twos! Now, obviously, this means that 2x4 can evolve at levels 24 and 42 and 24 and 42 only.

You also will have to solo two Pokemon from the fourth Gym. Now, what do you think 2x4's favorite TV show is? 24, or course! The ratings (according to Wikipedia) of the show 24 will correspond to the restrictions on this Pokemon:

Season 1: Solo 9 Trainers before the first Badge. This corresponds to the 8.6 million (round to 9) viewers the first season of 24 received.
Season 2: ~12 million viewers, solo 12 Trainers between badges 1 and 2
Season 3: ~10 million viewers. solo 10 Trainers between badges 2 and 3
Season 4: ~12 million viewers. solo 12 Trainers between badges 3 and 4
Season 5: ~14 million viewers. solo 14 Trainers between badges 4 and 5
Season 6: ~13 million viewers. solo 13 Trainers between badges 5 and 6
Season 7: ~13 million viewers. solo 13 Trainers between badges 6 and 7
Season 8: ~9 million viewers. solo 9 Trainers between badges 7 and 8

You cannot exceed this number of solos per interval.

Now, that's a lot of Trainers! And that's a lot of Exp. that could go to the other members of your team! To be fair to the other members of your team, 2x4 cannot kill more than half of a Trainer's Pokemon in a battle that he's not soloing. So if you were battling Gardenia and had already soloed 12 Trainers, you could not kill more than one of her Pokemon.

2x4 must solo and Trainer who you battle for the second or fourth time. This is the second Mars, Jupiter, Saturn (ignore this rule for double battles), Cyrus, and Rival battles and the fourth Rival battle.

After getting all 8 badges, ignore all above restrictions.

Solo four Pokemon belonging to the second Elite Four member and two Pokemon according to the fourth. When you have completed these solos, well done! Sit down on a 2x4 and watch some 24!

Tl;dr version

Piplup named 2x4. Evolves at levels 24 and 42. Solo two Pokemon from the fourth Gym battle (heh, this means you actually have to solo the whole battle actually because of the half Pokemon rule). Solo the prescribed number of Trainers from each Gym interval. If you're not soloing a Trainer, you cannot kill more than half of that Trainer's Pokemon with 2x4. Solo every second and fourth encounter with a Trainer. Ignore every rule above this after getting all 8 badges. Solo 4 of Bertha's Pokemon and 2 of Lucian's.

Super tl;dr version:
Take a Piplup and cry.

The Vs. Seeker is your friend in this challenge.
Yay, DLC's back! Accepted. Hooray, 2,222 posts...
@IAR, you get Mr. Dreavus the male Misdreavus! This 1-year-old Misdreavus feels a special connection to you and must solo your rival at least 3 times. Mr. Dreavus also feels like a drag queen once you evolve to Mismagius after completing the above restriction, so it must embrace its inner drag and have Attract or Captivate and use it at least three times on one Poke in a GL/E4 battle.

EDIT: It must always keep Confuse Ray as well, since it's confused by its own gender. To make it harder, Mr. Dreavus must fight and keep every other male Pokemon confused you encounter, except for the trainer-owned ones.
Accepted. This is going to be fun...

3 more.

Don't wanna seem like too terrible a noob, this being my first post, but I'm not a noob to challenges or forums, so..

Looking to do a Yellow Scramble.

Well, Pikachu is having a good time!

For the woman who wants a yellow scramble.

(I'm not sure if you can name the Pikachu) Name him Sparky.

Sparky is completely fueled by electricity, and so you cannot use STAB until you get a thunderstone. Solo Misty, and defeat 4 E4 Pokemon.

Now for Its a Random.

You get the...Lincoln the Bidoof.

Oh my god, Abraham Lincoln got sent to Mystery Dungeon World, and got sent back as a Bidoof.
He wants to regain his former presidency to destroy slavery (He hates trainers, and so can never, ever be switched in for more than 3 turns in a trainer battle.)
To do this, he must defeat his peers in the election. (KILL ALL NORMALS)
To become president, he must destroy Black Slavery. (TO EVOLVE, KILL 10 TRAINER-OWNED DARK TYPES)

That is all.

I was kinda hopin' you'd say Pikachu. :P I don't like Yellow without.

Also, you mean the WOman who wants a Yellow Scramble. ;)

-Pikachu, Sparky
-
-
-
-
-

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
While I make the challange, here's IAR's original Scramble for old time's sake.

@Its_A_Random, take a Krickitune named Junior. This isn't just an ordinary Krickitune though, it's Faricimo's son! Like his mommy, Junior's on a mission, but he has his own style. First, his mom's constant Singing and Screeching traumatized him in his youth, so he refuses to use any sound-based moves. Also, Junior knows that his mom wasn't thought very highly of, you even described her as "LVP" and "outclassed by Metapod", how rude! Junior's gonna change that by not using any of Faricimo's moves (Sing, Screech, X-Scissor, and Strength), to develop his own AWESOME POKE FIGHTING STYLE!!! Finally, you didn't give his mommy much time to shine, sitting out many major battles, so he's gonna show a Kricketune's strength by soloing Fantina and Flint. Then you'll be proud of him and his mommy and everyone will be happy!
Accepted. BRING IT!!!

Fuck, now I'm going to get it big time...X_X
Now for Its a Random.

You get the...Lincoln the Bidoof.

Oh my god, Abraham Lincoln got sent to Mystery Dungeon World, and got sent back as a Bidoof.
He wants to regain his former presidency to destroy slavery (He hates trainers, and so can never, ever be switched in for more than 3 turns in a trainer battle.)
To do this, he must defeat his peers in the election. (KILL ALL NORMALS)
To become president, he must destroy Black Slavery. (TO EVOLVE, KILL 10 TRAINER-OWNED DARK TYPES)

That is all.
Ummm...Yeah...Going to have to say no to this...Because...I didn't have a Bidoof in my Original Scramble...So...yeah...Sorry.

Well, all I need is a Pachirisu & a Burmy now!

Also, for anyone interested in some tl;dr reading, here's the final update to the original scramble. The E4 bout is as tl;dr as tl;dr can get, with some detailed descriptions of the Scramblemons, & links to previous updates to the Scramble. Besides, who doesn't want to read about MEP being Second MVP? Probably not Treadshot A1, but who cares? It's MEP! (Speaking of which, I dearly hope he doesn't come around & see this, otherwise, I'll be in a world of shit...)

Hey Texas, this Scramble looks like it is going to rival your HSCE...

Accepted. BRING IT!!!

Fuck, now I'm going to get it big time...X_X

Ummm...Yeah...Going to have to say no to this...Because...I didn't have a Bidoof in my Original Scramble...So...yeah...Sorry.

Well, all I need is a Pachirisu & a Burmy now!

Also, for anyone interested in some tl;dr reading, here's the final update to the original scramble. The E4 bout is as tl;dr as tl;dr can get, with some detailed descriptions of the Scramblemons, & links to previous updates to the Scramble. Besides, who doesn't want to read about MEP being Second MVP? Probably not Treadshot A1, but who cares? It's MEP! (Speaking of which, I dearly hope he doesn't come around & see this, otherwise, I'll be in a world of shit...)

Hey Texas, this Scramble looks like it is going to rival your HSCE...
Oh...shit didn't realise that bit, sorry IaR...forgive me random for I have sinned.

Edit: Haha just realised I uncovered some hidden secrets...

@its a random.

take a pachirisu.
name it "i suck"
in order to use STAB moves, you must first of all, take 5 supereffective moves and live it.
next, depending on your ability you will either

pickup- pick up 5 revives
run away-successfully run away from a trainer battle. MUAHAHAHAHAHA. no im kidding.
if you have run away, you have to run away from 20 pokes that are in the red zone.

MelodyRae91, you get a Bellsprout named LikeMyEx.
This little grass-type is incredibly clingy, so it can only directly attack foes it is wrapping itself around. (After level 13)

To evolve to Victreebell, it must KO two trainer-owned pokémon using only Poison Powder and Wrap, to prove it's poisonous nature.

It must solo Giovanni and at least two Pokémon in the elite four. Both must belong to different trainers.

Good luck!

Melodyrae, take a dratini. The only dragon type in gen 1 was also a complete bitch to find. I believe you can only get it at the game corner or safari zone. But i digress...

Name it Bagon. It's just like Bagon in that it wants to fly, but it also wants to grow legs and get decent dragom STAB. Unfortunately, you may not evolve to dragonite ever, since that would give you all of those things. No restrictions otherwise. Have fun.

I just noticed a contradiction between Son of Shadoo's and Jimera's challenge:
SoS, you say Golbat has to solo Giovanni both times, but Jimera's Pikachu has to defeat his Rhydon.
Can one of you guys alter his challenge?

As for my progress, it's not really update-worthy. Grinding on Route 2 atm, with Rattata and Squirtle both being at level 7. Pikachu will follow soon.

EDIT: Thanks, SoS!

MelodyRae91, you get a Bellsprout named LikeMyEx.
This little grass-type is incredibly clingy, so it can only directly attack foes it is wrapping itself around. (After level 13)
Not sure what you mean by that? Also, would it be possible to come up with a better name? I'm probably one of the only ones, but I actually NAME Pokemon, not give them some, like.. Random name like "YourMother" or "ISuckPenIs" [Capital I's on purpose.]

Melodyrae, take a dratini. The only dragon type in gen 1 was also a complete bitch to find. I believe you can only get it at the game corner or safari zone. But i digress...

Name it Bagon. It's just like Bagon in that it wants to fly, but it also wants to grow legs and get decent dragom STAB. Unfortunately, you may not evolve to dragonite ever, since that would give you all of those things. No restrictions otherwise. Have fun.
Can't promise that. It's not my fault if I forget! But I will definately try. If only this was a Second Gen Game wher eI could give it the Everstone...

-Pikachu: Sparky
-Bellsprout: Must beat two Pokemon using Wrap and Poison Powder to evolve to Victreebel
-Dratini: Bagon, Cannot evolve into Dragonite
-
-
-

It can only directly attack a foe that it is also being damaged by Wrap.
Bellsprout learns Wrap at level 13.
Ignore this restriction until level 13. :)

Don't forget the soloes!

And fine, you can name it Thorn.
Although "LikeMyEx" is really very different than "ISuckPenIs"

I was using it as an example. Like things that aren't actual names, or can't be used as names, or sound really odd as names.

-Pikachu: Sparky
-Bellsprout: Thorn, Must always begin a battle using Wrap, Must beat two Pokemon using Wrap and Poison Powder to evolve to Victreebel, must Solo giovanni and 2 different E4-owned Pokemon
-Dratini: Bagon, Cannot evolve into Dragonite
-
-

I have never done a Scramble Challenge before, so I am very interested in trying one on my Firered version.
RULES:
1. Must have a full team by Blaine.
2. No bugs.
3. Must have at least one attacking move per pokemon.
4. No trades or pokemon that evolve by trade.
5. No insulting names or profanity-based names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)