Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

whoa whoa whoa, I was just waiting for sound reasoning to decide a vote.

Clearly we can't have two aura's in the same game. This is an outrage. We'd constantly get confused about which one is whom and who did what when where why how!

Lynch Aura Guardian to make things easier for us.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, please stop being idiotic.

Empoof, no lynch is just a bad idea cause it will could put mafia in a good position, seeing as we likely won't have too much to go off of this entire game.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't really see it as a suspicious move, considering that every time this happens, more people try to counter lynch the no lyncher. Not saying no lynch is a good idea, just that doing it isn't necessarily a scum tell.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aura Guardian started a lynch (without good reason, but still starting a lynch). You just jumped on with his reasoning and "bandwagoned" rather quickly.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ditto seems very suspicious at the moment, as he seems to be trying to goad us into infighting. Besides, Ditto has Imposter, and this Ditto is no different. It is trying to camouflage itself into the village.

Lynch Ditto

Ditto

/me huggles
Wow... really?

How am I trying to start fighting? I am trying to get us to think before we randomly lynch, which everyone seems to want to do. NOC is much harder for village and we shouldn't rush headstrong into a misplay just because we are too hasty and don't actually think with any form rational strategy.

No lynch isn't a good idea, but it doesn't really make Empoof that suspicious. I agree with Metal_Bagon's bandwagon being a tad suspicious though. As for Ditto, I don't see him goading people into fighting, simply trying to be level headed on day 1 of a NOC game.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
khz said:
If no lynch is detrimental to the village, then doesn't that arouse suspicion? (even if only slight. Still, that doesn't justify Metal Bagon bandwagoning)
Considering the fact that there are 20 players in this game, there are probably five to six mafia members. This mafia had 17 players and five mafia. By lynching, we have approximately a 31-37% chance of catching a mafia; not exactly favorable odds.

Three days is more than enough, though, so we can randomly lynch quiet people to get them talking. Although, lynching fast bandwagoners could be a good idea too.

Considering the fact that there are 20 players in this game, there are probably five to six mafia members. This mafia had 17 players and five mafia. By lynching, we have approximately a 31-37% chance of catching a mafia; not exactly favorable odds.

Three days is more than enough, though, so we can randomly lynch quiet people to get them talking. Although, lynching fast bandwagoners could be a good idea too.
True that. Being active is pretty important in this game since 3 days per day doesn't give that long to find mafia (mafiascum have days that go for weeks and still mislynch, Desktop Dungeons had infinite cycles and same problem). Only problem I have with lynching non posters to make them talk is that its possible for deadline to come before they get a chance to post...

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Why would we no lynch? Unless we want to play follow the cop. I don't see any cop claims...
EP if we go by that logic of stats, we won't make a lynch till majority is mafia. +.+

I don't see anything scummy about ditto. NWO is noob town or scum (unless it was a Sarcastic RVS). Eh.

RVS: NWO

Also, I play on MS also

Why should the cop/inspect have claimed yet? Unless he/she found a mafia (and even then, it's debatable whether or not he/she should reveal himself/herself), it's better to have our only means of acquiring information hidden from the mafia.

And yes, we cannot rely 100% on the inspect to win. Our best bet is having as many people as possible post, in order to get more data to analyse.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Why should the cop/inspect have claimed yet? Unless he/she found a mafia (and even then, it's debatable whether or not he/she should reveal himself/herself), it's better to have our only means of acquiring information hidden from the mafia.
This is sort of my argument against no lynch.

K, go go go RVS info, please list:
Why you're not scum, and why we should believe you
Previous experience with NOC mafia, if any
How you would describe your playstyle

Why you're not scum, and why we should believe you: I'm not scum bc role PM says i'm not scum, and you should believe me because youd be mislynching otherwise and my play will benefit town (i hope)
Previous experience with NOC mafia, if any: 2 years on MS, hosted several games on other sites
How you would describe your playstyle: Very aggressive, but always willing to admit fault and unvote. Whatever helps town. Mafias enjoy NK'ing me.

whoa whoa whoa, I was just waiting for sound reasoning to decide a vote.

Clearly we can't have two aura's in the same game. This is an outrage. We'd constantly get confused about which one is whom and who did what when where why how!

Lynch Aura Guardian to make things easier for us.
(vote unbolded, just in case)

I was sorely tempted to keep the lynch on you for that last line, but your reasoning is acceptable to me for the No Lynch - for now. And a vendetta is not useful to the village, so ... yeah, unvoted (since I now have a better target which is what I wanted when I voted you, anyway.
Yeah, if I'm gonna be completely honest, Metal Bagon's swift bandwagon was more scum than the no lynch.
I agree, though I think I've got a slightly better target...
Ditto seems very suspicious at the moment, as he seems to be trying to goad us into infighting. Besides, Ditto has Imposter, and this Ditto is no different. It is trying to camouflage itself into the village.
Lynch Ditto
(vote unbolded, just in case)

Seriously? Voting one of the few people who's been active? You just want us to all die of inactivity, don't you? That's what did the village in in Lockdown 2! Tar and feather New World Order, then drag him by his heels around town using a car at 60mph.

I just figured I should point our the flaw in your logic: We are the majority by a bit. So the individual lynch probabilities are overruled by the big picture. Two lynches have a good chance of getting at least one mafia. We have enough people to do that for a few nights until the inspector finds a mafia. Of course, I agree that getting people talking is good, since it could help improve those odds, but I disagree on 31%-37% chance of randing a mafia being unfavorable.

sub me out - I have a fuckload of work and I'm not going to be able to be active AT ALL - I'd rather someone active get my role than I sit here and stew for another night or two before getting subbed out for inactivity. Good luck to you guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)