Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 NFE Triples
3 day DQ
0 recovers, 3 chills.

For the arena, I quite fancy Objection's clock face...

Arena: Chrono Stadium

This arena resembles a giant version of the face of Prague’s Astronomical Clock. There is a moat around the edge of the arena but there are no natural elements such as grass nearby. The flow of time in this arena can change radically with the following effects:
Normal time flow - nothing special.
Fast time flow - every pokemon's attack and special attack ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 evasion.
Slow time flow - every pokemon's defence and special defence ranks are multiplied by 1.5 with halves rounded up; every pokemon has +1 accuracy.
Reverse time flow - turn order is completely reversed (ie, higher priority attacks happen after lower priority ones and a slower mon's attack happens before a faster mon's one of the same priority); for attacks with a charge-up or evasive action (eg, Focus Punch, Sky Attack, Dig), swap the priorities of the charge-up/evasive action and attacking action before reversing the turn order; the "cooldown" action for combos occurs on the action before the combo is executed rather than after.
Crazy time flow - turn order is randomised, disregarding priority and speed completely; attacks with a charge-up or evasive action still have that action occur before the attacking action.
Round 1 has normal time flow, then at the end of every round, each of the five time flows has an equal chance of being chosen for the next round. A time flow's effects remain until the time flow changes to something else.
Still open.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
WELP, here's my 2k Everyone. Not as special as a lot of other people's but still kickass.

I duscussed a 3v3v3v3 Brawl with some IRC folks and Dogfish, so I figured that I shall do it now.

3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 Brawl to the Death
Fully Evolved Pokemon
6 Recoveries / 6 Chills
All Abilities ~ Items ON
4 Day DQ
Battle starts: 11/27/11

A 3 vs 3 vs 3 vs 3 Brawl to the death! Around the rim of a massive Volcano, there is very little chance of Survival. The pokemon battle it out around the rim, which is approximately 10 feet wide for battle space, and about 400 feet around the pit of the Volcano.

Each round, a group of Camerupt perform an ancient Ritual Dance. In order to perform it, they need to feel the energy of every living being around them. If a single pokemon does not attack with an offensive move during a Round, the 4 Camerupt use Lava Plume at the end of the Round; providing each pokemon with a 1/*number of pokemon alive* chance of being hit by the flames and lava...leading to some severe damage.

When a Pokemon is KOed, it is tossed into the Volcano as tribute to Heatran; he who created the mighty volcanoes of the pokemon realm. For this to happen, the pokemon who KOed it must take an action to toss it, signaling "Toss" as one of its three actions for that Round.

The battle shall start in 1 week; on Sunday the 27th, to give everyone time to open up Battle Slots, and boost their pokemon.
Now, here are people who have said that they would want to participate.

-ToastTyrant13 - confirmed
-Smashlloyd - confirmed
-Jayjinde - confirmed
-Albinoloon - confirmed
-Alchemator - confirmed

And to avoid horrible DQs, if somone doesn't post within the DQ time, the battle itself isn't DQed, bur rather, the Trainer and all of his Pokemon are tossed into the Volcano; counting as an immediate loss for that trainer.​

Dogfish also said he'd be up to reffing if he was allowed to go crazy with "flavour", so of course we'd need his confirmation too.

-Dogfish44 - awaiting confirmation

• chocolate-kipp: you are the greatest person alive, yup​
  • albinoloon: you are an awesome dude, and have really helped me out with ASB, spriting, and more.​
  • Ice-Cold Claws: For being my #1 fan in the Spriting World​
  • Athenodoros: For having the best Avatar on Smogon (if you change it I will use it myself or eat you).​
  • Ragnarokalex: for being cool and liking my sprites and using them.​
  • a lot of other people in ASB and Smeargle's Studio (Dogfish and Alch are cool like that and get a place in both, hehe)​
Woof.

Send in teams and shit guys!

Open challenge time!

Battle type: 3v3 NFE Singles
DQ time: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills, weather moves
Music: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Cave theme 2
Arena: Cave

The battle takes place deep within a subterranean cave, not unlike Mt. Moon and Union Cave of Pokemon lore. Being an enclosed environment, all weather moves will have no effect. Attacks that require solar/lunar power such as Solarbeam, Moonlight, etc. will still work, however their effects will be harshly reduced (akin to using them in the Rain or Sandstorm). Despite this, there is sufficient, if a bit dim, lighting due to the various iridescent vegetation and gemstones throughout the cave. The cave is also very spacious allowing for free movement, although the various stone structures give plentiful cover should the need arise. Furthermore, it is very sturdy and can withstand strong seismic forces. However, the cave is not indestructible and repeated attempts can cause various levels of structural damage. Should the cave completely collapse, the battle will end and whoever side has more Pokemon left than the other (or which Pokemon have a greater health % at the end of the match) will be declared victor.

As a result of being an subterranean environment, Ground Pokemon are most comfortable here and gain a bonus. What kind of bonus this is up to interpretation to the referee. Also, there are several deep pools of water that can be used for Water attacks and can hold any Pokemon up a size class of 5. In addition, sound attacks such as Supersonic and Bug Buzz echo and gain an additional +30% accuracy and +30% effect chance.

Summary: Sturdy arena yet repeated seismic assaults will cause cave in; plenty of rocks for Rock attacks; pools of water for Water attacks and can hold Pokemon up to 5 Size Class; sound attacks echo (+30% accuracy and +30% effect chance); weather moves will have no effect; solar-based attacks will have reduced effect; Ground Pokemon have superior senses.

Come on, come all! :D
Dropping my challenge to accept Wolfe's!

Items=Nope
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
Still looking for a ref! :D

For me to get back into ASB:

Battle type: 1v1 NFE Singles
DQ time: 1 day
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: ASB Arena

Battle type: 2v2 NFE Singles
DQ time: 1 day
Restrictions: 2 recoveries/5 chills
Arena:

An artificial environment with no external water source or natural grass. Digging and seismic moves are allowed. Weather is allowed.

At the beginning of each round, the ref will give a task to the participating pokemon to perform during the round. It can be anything as long as all active pokemon can feasibly accomplish it (eg, use non-STAB moves only). Any pokemon that fail to complete the task take damage equal to 1/4 of their max HP.

need a subref for this brawl here, my internet has gone down and i wont be able to ref it.

also need a ref for the brawl between me and galladiator at the top of the page please.

Now that I have a shiny new ralts and an empty space, I'm issuing an Open NFE battle.

4v4 doubles
2 recovers/5 chills
2 days for DQ
And the arena is...
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Intense
Format: All

Restrictions: No water source, No digging, No rain or hail, No Grass Knot

Description: About 20m in diameter, this battlefield is the aerie of the Tower of Heaven, a colossus that extends high into the atmosphere, and home to an entity simply known as the Deity. Golden blocks litter the battlefield, about two to three meters apart, and are both a size and weight class of 1. The battlefield is so high up that it pierces the clouds, which makes rain and hail impossible, but the open sky and all the dust atop the tower make sun and sandstorms viable. The floor is made of tough, thick stone, and is thus impossible to dig through. It's also devoid of water or vegetation, so Grass Knot or certain water moves like surf are impossible. While a pokemon that can fly or levitate can return to the battlefield if s/he is thrown off the tower, those who can't will fall to their deaths (translation: instant KO). Seismic moves are allowed, as the tower somehow repairs damage to it by itself. Finally, since the Deity does run this tower, you must adhere to whatever law He dictates, or else He's gonna smite ya.

The Book of Laws: At the end of each round, the ref will rng d20. Whatever number it hits, the corresponding law in the list below will be in effect the following round. If a law is explicitly defined to take place on a certain round (e.g. no law at all in the first round, "thou shalt not waste my time" in round 20), then that law will be in effect instead. Only one law will be in effect at a time.

Each pokemon involved in the battle has an individual smite counter, which is set to 1. At the end of each round, if a pokemon at some point in the round has broken the law currently in effect, the Deity will smite the offending pokemon, dealing a fixed, typeless (10 * smite counter) in damage. Following penalty, the offending pokemon's smite counter will be increased by 1, to a maximum of 5. Switching the pokemon out will reset its smite counter to 1.

The potential laws are as follows:

1: The Book of Laws is blank - No law is in effect this round. Go nuts! By default, this law will be in effect during the first round of battle.

2: Thou shalt not touch the golden blocks - The pokemon may not touch any of the golden blocks littered on the battlefield. If a pokemon is knocked to the ground or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon accidentally touches a golden block and will be penalized. Moves that employ telekinesis to throw golden blocks at a foe will not result in a penalty - in fact, connecting such an attack will penalize the enemy!

3: Thou shalt not shake the earth - The pokemon may not use any seismic moves.

4: Thou shalt not touch another living being - The pokemon may not make physical contact with each other or any other living being (e.g. bullet seed, leech seed). If one pokemon touches the other, both will be penalized.

5: Thou shalt not leave the ground - The pokemon may not fly, levitate, jump, or otherwise be in the air. If a pokemon is knocked away or hit with a critical, the ref will rng d6. If a 6 is rolled, the pokemon is lifted from the ground briefly and will be penalized.

6: Thou shalt not walk - The pokemon may not walk, run or slither across the ground. The pokemon may, however, jump across the ground, fly or otherwise travel through the air, provided it doesn't need to walk or run to get momentum going.

7: Thou shalt not tamper with the weather - The pokemon may not use any weather-changing moves or abilities, like sunny day, sand stream or the weather-clearing command of cloud nine. Any current weather in play will not be affected.

8: Thou shalt not incapacitate - The pokemon may not use moves that induce status ailments of any sort (e.g. confusion, flinching), even attacks that have a minuscule chance to. Any status inducing moves (e.g. toxic spikes) that were in play before this law came into effect are excluded.

9: Thou shalt not flee - Switching pokemon is prohibited in this round. If a pokemon does switch out, the deity will smite it before the switch takes effect, rather than at the end of the round like usual. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where switching out results in a KO or is otherwise impossible, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.

10: Thou shalt not invoke [type] - Moves of the type specified by the law are prohibited. The ref will rng d17 to determine the type:
1: Normal
2: Fire
3: Water
4: Electric
5: Grass
6: Ice
7: Fighting
8: Poison
9: Ground
10: Flying
11: Psychic
12: Bug
13: Rock
14: Ghost
15: Dragon
16: Dark
17: Steel

11: Thou shalt not be a coward - The pokemon may only use damaging moves. You may use non-damaging moves in a combo attack, provided the combined attack does damage (e.g. Weather Ball with Will-o-wisp). Moreover, the cooldown that follows a combo move will not result in a penalty.

12: Thou shalt not kill - The pokemon may not directly KO the opponent. KOing a pokemon through indirect damage (e.g. Toxic, Leech Seed) will not result in a penalty.

13: Thou shalt not heal - The pokemon may not use recovery or chills. If the ref rngs this law in a battle where recovery is prohibited to begin with, then s/he will treat it as if s/he rolled a 1 instead.

14: Thou shalt not harm - The pokemon may only use non-damaging moves. Indirect damaging moves like toxic or leech seed are allowed.

15: Thou shalt not protect thyself - The pokemon may not dodge or otherwise attempt to prevent damage done to itself (e.g. using barrier to deflect contact moves, or using cross chop to deflect an incoming rock slide).

16: Thou shalt not employ thine talents - The pokemon may not use ablilties that can be activated or enabled. If an ability can be disabled, it must be disabled before the end of the round to avoid penalty. Traits and innate abilities will not be penalized.

17: Thou shalt not overpower thine foe - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP exceeds the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 90% HP while your foe's is at 12%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.

18: Thou shalt not be a weakling - If the percentage of the pokemon's HP is less than the percentage of its foe's HP by at least 40% by the end of the round (e.g. yours is at 12% HP while your foe's is at 90%), the pokemon will suffer a penalty.

19: Thou shalt not speak - Sound-based moves are prohibited.

20: Thou shalt not inflict grievous damage - If a pokemon's attack lands a critical hit, it suffers a penalty.

There's also a law that always takes effect on the 20th round, and again every additional ten rounds:

Thou shalt not waste my time - The Deity is pissed at how long the fight's taking, and smites both pokemon at the end of the round. What an asshole!

Open Challenge
Will Not Begin until December 1st
for flavor entirely :)

1v1v1v1 NFE doubles
36 hour DQ
0 recoveries/2 chills per pokemon
Switch=NO
Items=NO
Abilities=ONE

Arena: Christmas Countdown

Everyone loves Christmas, right? The joy? The suspense? The anxiety of counting the days, the hours, the minutes, the seconds until this fantastic holiday's arrival? Well, now there's an arena for that! In Christmas Countdown, each pokemon starts at level one. At the end of every action, your level increases by one, increasing until 25(Christmas). Once level 25 is reached, the pokemon recieve 50% of their health back, status cured, and 30 energy. However, you don't have to wait forever, you can spend 15 energy on anticipating, increasing their level by 5.

-30x30 colored platform
-each pokemon starts at level 1, and at the end of every action, it increases by 1 at the end of each action
-once lv 25 is reached, the pokemon who reahed it gets 50% of their health back, 30 energy, and their status cured
-each pokemon cannot advance above lv 25
-each pokemon can spend an action and 15 energy anticipating, increasing their levels by 5
-all moves allowed

Signups:
Albinoloon
Limewire
Galladiator
(Free Slot)

I hope I explained this clearly- please let me know if any of you are interested!

I need to beef up some stuff, so....

Match: 3 vs 3 Singles
DQ: 3 Days
Restrictions: 2 Chills / 5 Recovers
Pokemon: NFEs/midstages. You can also bring in weak/medium strength Pokemon that do not evolve.

Arena: I am incredibly lazy so I'll be stealing one of IAR's arenas from the Conpendium:

Arena: Busy Highway
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate

Restrictions: No Water Source, No Rocks

Description: A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.

At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There is a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).
Accepting Limewire.
Items-No
Abilities-All
Switch-No turkey for you

Ref Anyone?
Bumping for a Ref.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
In addition to TalkingLion's bump above, I'd like to take on Albinoon's Christmas challenge :D

Happy holidays everyone.

I feel really bad right now...I started with a Turtwig and haven't used it since it evolved into Grotle. Too focused on trying to get a gym I knew I wouldn't get.

Let's make everything right.

2v2v2 Middle Cup Free for All
DQ: 1 day (more for ref if they need more)
2 Recovers/5 Chills per player
Arena: Aperture Science (my version)
One of Aperture Science's many test chambers. The room is a rectangular, modular prism about 50 feet long and 40 feet wide. The ceiling is high enough for Flying types to take wing, but they cannot exit the arena.
At the end of every round, the mildly psychopathic governing AI of Aperture Science, GLaDoS (that's you ref) may introduce any of the following Aperture Creature Combat Aid Devices. CCADs will remain in existence and be usable until a competitor throws them into the Emergency Intelligence Core Incinerator.

Weighted Companion Cube: Can be thrown by Orb Contained Creatures at each other to inflict Attraction on the other pokemon. Only one may be used. Ever.

Turrets: Drops turrets into the four corners of the room. Going too close to a turret will result in your (fill in pokemon here) becoming a bullet filled (fill in pokemon here). Dropping new turrets will replace the previous turrets.

Propulsion Gel: Gives all physical attacks +1 priority for 2 rounds. Is erased by any other kind of gel.

Repulsion Gel: The pokemon begin bouncing through the air, making Ground type moves ineffective for 2 rounds. Is erased by any other gel.

Excursion Funnels: At each corner of the room, a funnel lifting pokemon up forms. Halfway between the corners on each wall, a funnel pushing pokemon down forms. Lasts until another action is used.

Pneumatic Diversity Vent: All pokemon are sucked into the vent for one round, giving all moves 100 percent accuracy for the round. May not be used twice in a row.

Thermal Discouragement Beam: Laser beams criscross the room. Pokemon can be knocked into them to deal 10 flat damage. Lasts until it is disabled.

Hard Light Bridges: Light Screen and Reflect are in effect for this round.

Cake: Sits tantalizingly out of reach, forcing each pokemon to stare at the cake for one action of their choice that round.

Who's in?

Players:
shinyskarmory
?
?

Ref:

Challenging RagnarokAlex to a quick bout

1 vs 1 singles
ASB Arena
counter producing items
DQ 1 day
no chills no recovers
Switch-only if you learn how to switch out with one mon only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)