List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
There was never a poll to begin with. This was all a cleverly disguised event in which the pokemon website gives us an arceus in a month while getting a ton of visitors.

I have no evidence to support this claim, but it makes no sense to me how people can use scripts and cheat enough to make mudkip leap into 2nd place, but still not overtake the number 1 pokemon. I'm willing to bet Ditto and Mudkip have more votes than there are pokemon players in America. Hell, the numbers must be ridiculous if they actually caught on to the idea that people were cheating the poll. So how in the hell is Arceus still in first place? Do the "little kids" and several others naturally outnumber the cheaters? Is the gap in votes so impossibly large that a MONTH'S WORTH OF VOTE FLOODING can't accomplish anything?

or there was also counter-flooding for people that either (a) wanted Arceus &/or (b) wanted to actively spite the people saying OMG VOTE DITTO VOTE DITTO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO STUPID VOTE DITTOOOOO

really anything's possible. Someone would have to, like, what, hack the everything used to keep track of votes to be sure.

Just a thought, but what if some figured out a script to spam Arceus (similar to what happened with mudkip and ditto towards the end of the pole) sometime near the beginning and let it run the length of just about the entire pole. That would mean that ONE PERSON may very well have sealed the fate of this pole. Honestly, that makes me sad to think about.

Also, it really brought out the worst of people in the entire community. Looking through the various forums and seeing all the name calling is just sad. I would much prefer taking whatever random poke they throw at us than deal with another one of these poles. At least they are releasing a Lucario... although it will most likely be male.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Might it be that Nintendo noticed that Ditto and Mudkip suddenly got a massive rush of votes, and realized that while this was obviously somebody cheating, they technically couldn't just stop the poll and redo their system? Instead, they put the Pokémon with the highest number of not-so-obviously-hacked votes on top, and decided to run with that one unless another Pokémon slowly climbed the ranks and overtook Arceus?

In a way, they kicked Ditto and Mudkip off the poll. Their sheer numbers qualify them for second and third place, respectively, but that doesn't matter anyway. According to this theory, Arceus didn't hack his way up, but was merely the most popular Pokémon when Nintendo (or whoever) realized that somebody were cheating.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
That doesn't make any sense. WHy not just ignore all the votes for Ditto and Mudkip after a certain point instead of allowing their votes to count for as much as third and second place. If anything, what R_N said could always be a possibility. I don't buy it though.

I ahve q uestion: Moxe Outrage mence is released, yet I can't use it with moxie mence, hasn't the smogon server updated with the new info?

jrp

Banned deucer.
There was never a poll to begin with. This was all a cleverly disguised event in which the pokemon website gives us an arceus in a month while getting a ton of visitors.

I have no evidence to support this claim, but it makes no sense to me how people can use scripts and cheat enough to make mudkip leap into 2nd place, but still not overtake the number 1 pokemon. I'm willing to bet Ditto and Mudkip have more votes than there are pokemon players in America. Hell, the numbers must be ridiculous if they actually caught on to the idea that people were cheating the poll. So how in the hell is Arceus still in first place? Do the "little kids" and several others naturally outnumber the cheaters? Is the gap in votes so impossibly large that a MONTH'S WORTH OF VOTE FLOODING can't accomplish anything?
That's what I think too, to be frank. Nintendo wanted to please all their little fans out there with a nice special Arceus that isn't going to have anything special. It'll have fucking hyper beam or something.

Although if they gave it Contrary and V-Create or something, that would be pretty cool, lol

I ahve q uestion: Moxe Outrage mence is released, yet I can't use it with moxie mence, hasn't the smogon server updated with the new info?

it won't likely be updated until the next PO server update

I still suspect they rigged the poll (by nature, not in reaction to anything) to have Arceus fixed at #1.

Anyone know how the rankings worked out for Japan and Korea's versions of the poll, who the next few after Arceus/Rayquaza were and such?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Japan was Arceus-Darkrai-Deoxys, I remember because I spammed Deoxys votes (that was before I knew Entree Forest pokémon couldn't be shiny...) and I was sure they advertised the poll as the top three being distributed over GBU. Needless to say, I felt trolled.

Luckily the trend in Japan was with legendary pokemon. I remember the last time I looked at the polls in America, and the only legendary I saw in the top three was arceus, being at #1. Mudkip was #2. I think a lot of people like mudkips.

I can't believe mudkip was #2. Looks like the internet meme "i herd u liek mudkipz" is back.
But arceus was #1. Just goes to show not all pokemon fans are smogoners. Or know the best thing for the metagame.

Mudkip that high is undoubtedly 4chans doing, note how it jumped from like 100 to 3 after its campaign for Mudkip started. However, I have a feeling that all the vote spamming after the first vote you made never counted in the first place

One person could send ~5000 votes per day for Ditto, and there were many people that did. Smogon alone probably sent more votes for Ditto than copies of every Pokemon game ever sold. Saying that GF rigged the poll is just... No. The only possible reason ditto/kip isn't #1 is because everyone was really only able to send 1 vote all along.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Mudkip that high is undoubtedly 4chans doing, note how it jumped from like 100 to 3 after its campaign for Mudkip started. However, I have a feeling that all the vote spamming after the first vote you made never counted in the first place

One person could send ~5000 votes per day for Ditto, and there were many people that did. Smogon alone probably sent more votes for Ditto than copies of every Pokemon game ever sold. Saying that GF rigged the poll is just... No. The only possible reason ditto/kip isn't #1 is because everyone was really only able to send 1 vote all along.

But to be honest, most people that play pokemon that would have taken the time to actually vote were probably competitive players, half of the people I go to school with that play had no idea there was even a poll at all.

But to be honest, most people that play pokemon that would have taken the time to actually vote were probably competitive players.
That's not necessarily true. The poll was plastered all over the Global Link/ Pokemon home page, so many kids had a good chance to learn about the poll and vote for Arceus. Plus, word of mouth means if 1 little kid found the poll, tons of little kids will find out and vote for Arceus too.

Edit: I realize the word of mouth works both ways, but the younger you are, the more people to talk about pokemon with and later go on to vote for Arceus.

That's not necessarily true. The poll was plastered all over the Global Link/ Pokemon home page, so many kids had a good chance to learn about the poll and vote for Arceus. Plus, word of mouth means if 1 little kid found the poll, tons of little kids will find out and vote for Arceus too.

Edit: I realize the word of mouth works both ways, but the younger you are, the more people to talk about pokemon with and later go on to vote for Arceus.
"Little kids" can't why Arceus was at the top. I keep hearing this across multiple message boards, but it just can't be true that there are THAT many little kids out there aware of the poll.

I dunno how many little kids you guys interact with, but EVERY little kid I've run into that plays Pokemon has at least one Arceus. All hacked, of course. Little kids don't give a damn about legitimacy. Coupled with that, I've always had to tell these kids about event Pokemon and things like Global Link because almost none of them have a clue when a promotion is going on or that there's even a Global Link site.

I blame the non/anti-competitive teen/adult audience. They're aware of the vote, didn't go out and get Arceus when it was given away in the US (or didn't play Pokemon at the time), and these are the same people that completely ignore that they can easily get a legit Arceus from practically any trade board on any Pokemon forum. They're also the kind that would go gaga over how powerful Arceus is perceived to be yet have "morals" and refuse to hack one.

You're right, somewhat. I highly doubt multiple votes from browsers set to hide their IPs were counted. However, Operation Mudkip (which from what I can gather started on FunnyJunk, not 4chan) utilized proxies to vote for Mudkip, so they were sending votes from different IPs.

A Ditto supporter did the same thing and was passing out the same vote-bot Operation Mudkip was using, but modified it to vote for Ditto. However, this didn't happen till after the rankings went up showing Mudkip in 2nd place. After that, supposedly, Ditto supporters were sending in millions of votes a day from proxy IPs (via anonym.to).

Since they didn't update the rankings on the last week of voting, we have no idea if those Ditto voters managed to overthrow the top 2. We'll just have to wait about 9 days to find out.

jrp

Banned deucer.
"Little kids" can't why Arceus was at the top. I keep hearing this across multiple message boards, but it just can't be true that there are THAT many little kids out there aware of the poll.

I dunno how many little kids you guys interact with, but EVERY little kid I've run into that plays Pokemon has at least one Arceus. All hacked, of course. Little kids don't give a damn about legitimacy. Coupled with that, I've always had to tell these kids about event Pokemon and things like Global Link because almost none of them have a clue when a promotion is going on or that there's even a Global Link site.

I blame the non/anti-competitive teen/adult audience. They're aware of the vote, didn't go out and get Arceus when it was given away in the US (or didn't play Pokemon at the time), and these are the same people that completely ignore that they can easily get a legit Arceus from practically any trade board on any Pokemon forum. They're also the kind that would go gaga over how powerful Arceus is perceived to be yet have "morals" and refuse to hack one.

You're right, somewhat. I highly doubt multiple votes from browsers set to hide their IPs were counted. However, Operation Mudkip (which from what I can gather started on FunnyJunk, not 4chan) utilized proxies to vote for Mudkip, so they were sending votes from different IPs.

A Ditto supporter did the same thing and was passing out the same vote-bot Operation Mudkip was using, but modified it to vote for Ditto. However, this didn't happen till after the rankings went up showing Mudkip in 2nd place. After that, supposedly, Ditto supporters were sending in millions of votes a day from proxy IPs (via anonym.to).

Since they didn't update the rankings on the last week of voting, we have no idea if those Ditto voters managed to overthrow the top 2. We'll just have to wait about 9 days to find out.

Yeah. And if Arceus wins this, it pretty much PROVES that this thing was rigged >.>

Right now, I wouldn't even mind if Mudkip actually got first. It just feels odd that Arceus has been leading the goddamn poll throughout even though Smogon (and a bunch of other websites) have been spamming Ditto and 4chan spamming Mudkip. Vote-spamming MOST likely worked (mudkip couldn't have jumped that high if only 1 vote counted, unless you tell me that all the pokemon sites added together couldn't outnumber 4chan)

I really can't help but think everyone is correct about this thing being rigged in Arceus's favor, and also think that Ortega brings up a point. I know of non-competitive players who do not have legitimate Pokemon, among them being kids. Most of them don't even know their Pokemon are hacked due to getting them off the GTS and thinking 'GTS doesn't allow/have hacked Pokemon' among other bullshit.
And this brings up something: Most little kids use GTS to get their Pokemon, I know a bunch who do this. So why would they use Dream World to do this, and wait for a long time when they could just use GTS to get it quicker? I REALLY doubt that they'll care about legitimacy, again as Ortega said, or even realize they're hacked, so why not use the GTS? Sure some of the demands are either absurd or impossible (Level 5 Mewtwo, really?) but some of them could fill them easily since I have seen kids train their Pokemon all the way to 100.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Last but not least...

Female Larvitar

So that should be everything. It was funny actually because this was the first day I went on the DW in about a week so finding this was surprising.

So when's the next area going to be announced? :P

As for this Arceus stuff, I honestly not sure what to think. I mean, it seems incredible that they would do this but at the same time many people have made some good points.

I just don't care now. I mean, it's not like the fate of competitive battling as we know it relies on Ditto winning. If anything, it means that we don't have to worry about any newly released pokemon breaking the game (not that I think Imposter Ditto is actually broken).

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to everyone who contributed images. If anyone has images of the event Pokemon in the second post, those would be greatly appreciated while we wait for the next area to be revealed.

Man, I've had a pretty unlucky day today on DW.

I got a female Vulpix, female Skitty, and female Lapras all in one go, none of which I got before. I obviously pick Vulpix, but I want to collect them all and now I have to hope for it again. That sucks.

It's about as bad as the time I got both a female Dratini and female Bagon (it happened a few weeks ago too).

I get the feeling that the DW RNG does something in bunches. It seems kind of odd that it's coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)