Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaymin-S still has 600 BST. Giratina-O still has 680 BST. Unless GF is pulling a Rotom on us (which it won't), who cares?

Really, the sprite? Did Suicune get an overhaul for Crystal? Did Rayquaza get an overhaul for Emerald? NO!
EDIT: Since when did "it's ugly" call for a re-do? Shaymin's adorable, Giratina-A is badass, Rotom is... Rotom.

To quote -insert Phoenix Wright killer here-, all your "evidence" is baseless conjecture.

Shaymin-S still has 600 BST. Giratina-O still has 680 BST. Unless GF is pulling a Rotom on us (which it won't), who cares?

Really, the sprite? Did Suicune get an overhaul for Crystal? Did Rayquaza get an overhaul for Emerald? NO!

To quote -insert Phoenix Wright killer here-, all your "evidence" is baseless conjecture.
Shaymin wasn't a main Legendary and Giratina already had 680 BST like it's pears.

Also Did Suicune and Rayquaza look like a Crippled old men?

Shaymin wasn't a main Legendary and Giratina already had 680 BST like it's pears.

Also Did Suicune and Rayquaza look like a Crippled old men?
The point was that they're probably not gonna change it's BST, kthnx.

The fact you're convinced is because it looks stupid brings up one question: do I bang my head against the wall or yours? By that logic, Garbador gets a form change! Conkledurr gets a form change! Maractus gets a form change! Watchog gets a form change! Hooray!

Also, what the hell is justifying its form change? Do you expect GF to pull another Gracidea out of their ass? Giratina's and Rotom's change was actually justified, with the DP dex mentioning the Distortion World and inhabiting appliances, respectively. Shaymin's mentioned flowers. What does Kyurem's say? It's body is frozen.

Kyurem Melted form ftw -.-

Edit 26: it's not even a crippled man anyway. It's a hunched-over chicken. What, is it gonna turn into Blaziken v2 now?

The point was that they're probably not gonna change it's BST, kthnx.

The fact you're convinced is because it looks stupid brings up one question: do I bang my head against the wall or yours? By that logic, Garbador gets a form change! Conkledurr gets a form change! Maractus gets a form change! Watchog gets a form change! Hooray!

Also, what the hell is justifying its form change? Do you expect GF to pull another Gracidea out of their ass? Giratina's and Rotom's change was actually justified.
I just want to ask why you don't think he could get a new form?

I beat noone thought that Giratina would get a new form but what do you know it did. Also there is alot more proof for him getting a new form than him not getting one.

I just want to ask why you don't think he could get a new form?
What, did I forget to mention that not everything needs a new form, don't ist assume major shit like this is gonna happen?

I beat noone thought that Giratina would get a new form but what do you know it did.
Even so, there were hints in DP, give me one valid hint (ie. not he looks stupid) in BW that points to anything.

Also there is alot more proof for him getting a new form than him not getting one.
Did I also forget to mention that your proof is just assumptions?

You really don't think that kyurem deserves (or deserved) to get Snow Warning and at a little more BST? Also what where these hints that pointed to Giratina getting a new form?

You really don't think that kyurem deserves (or deserved) to get Snow Warning and at a little more BST?
Flareon deserves Flare Blitz, Smeargle should be able to attack, Pert shouldve gotten a useful DW ability, everything about Farfetch'd and Luvdisc, etc etc. there's a lot of pokes that deserve stuff, but it's GF were talking about.

Also what where these hints that pointed to Giratina getting a new form?
^hey, read the post about dex entries. It brought up the Distortion World, which gave it Origin form. That's much better proof than "it looks like a crippled old man"

@icebeam, 1. It really is pretty much everyone in some way, but yea Von Karma is guilty of it too
2. Why didn't you bring that info up like half an hour ago?? >.>

Oh wow. That was amazingly stupid. I feel dumber now. Not being able to distinguish random shitty mon from grass and highest level legendary in the game, origin of cover legendaries, something that should be stronger than them but is much weaker.

You compared it to Rayquaza and Suicune - well, Suicune has the same BST and best typing from his trio and Rayqaza has higher BST than Kyogre and Groudon and Ability nullifying their Abilities. Kyurem has unique 660, strangely low, main legendaries usually have 680.
Reshiram and Zekrom have Mold Breaker. Kyurem has useless ability for an offensive Pokemon.
Resh & Zek are mighty, Kyurem looks like broken shell or slt. That's not how "strongest" (well, it's lvl 75) legendary in V Gen should be.

Maybe someone could move it to more fitting thread?

2 Jirachi questions:

Is Trick generally the best option on the Scarf set?
Is Flash Cannon generally the best option on the Wish + CM set?

I'm trying to build a B/W OU team, but I'm having trouble finding were to began. Does anyone know of a uncommon pokemon that actually has good potential as a late game sweeper? Thanks.

Choice Scarf Hydreigon is 36th in usage and really should be higher. Great mon with it's movepool, great stat spread and typing. Scrafty too. I like the DD+Moxie set. It rapes booty.

I'm trying to build a B/W OU team, but I'm having trouble finding were to began. Does anyone know of a uncommon pokemon that actually has good potential as a late game sweeper? Thanks.
Tornadus (although it has been rising in usage lately)

In rain, specs hurricane hurts

haunter

Banned deucer.
2 Jirachi questions:

Is Trick generally the best option on the Scarf set?
Is Flash Cannon generally the best option on the Wish + CM set?
Trick is usually a good option to deal with stall teams, as you can preditct something like Skarmory switching in and basically make it useless for the rest of the match. So I'd say yes, try to save a slot for trick.

As for your second question: flash cannon is your best move against TTar, but psychic can be useful against fighting types. It really depends on what your team has troubles with.

Ok, I have a few questions:

1). With the exception of SR, which I cannot seem to keep on the field, what is the best counter to one at +1 or +2? I usually carry Rock Slide Heatproof Bronzong, but it usually dies before then.

2). I have recently been getting my tail handed to me by Trick-Scarf Jirachi. What is my best bet? Again, Bronzong is my main guy with EQ.

3). I am running a Trick-Specs Latios. What Hidden Power should I run? Fire or Fighting? Perhaps Rock?

Overall, I am annoyed because if I prepare for one threat (Volcrona, Ttar, And Jirachi), I get taken down by one of the others.

If it helps, this is what I have: Latios, Bronzong, Tentacruel, Kyrume, Gliscor, and Gengar.

1). With the exception of SR, which I cannot seem to keep on the field, what is the best counter to one at +1 or +2? I usually carry Rock Slide Heatproof Bronzong, but it usually dies before then.
You are probable talking about Volcarona. Probably the best answer to it is Jolly-Scarf-Terrakion, who outspeeds every +1 Volcarona and resists its STAB moves (as a bonus, it kills TTar). Gyarados is also a solid counter but having to use the contact move Waterfal on a Flame Body Pokemon can be nasty at times. Dragonite resists both of it's STABs, too, but rarely carries any Rock moves. If you want to have SR along with a counter, Heatran is your friend though its standart set struggles to retaliate when a Morning Sun Volcarona setups; I recommend to use a nature which lowers your speed and Rock Slide.

2). I have recently been getting my tail handed to me by Trick-Scarf Jirachi. What is my best bet? Again, Bronzong is my main guy with EQ.
Bronzong can have a try if you want, Gliscor can as long as it doesn't carry Water Pulse (which it unfortunately does too often in rain teams). If you ask me, specially defensive Heatran fares well against Jirachi.

3). I am running a Trick-Specs Latios. What Hidden Power should I run? Fire or Fighting? Perhaps Rock?
The Latios' I usually see don't have much room for Hidden Power; if it has dual STAB and Trick, most of them use Surf, which does enough damage on Scizors and Forry when choiced. Fighting can be used when you can predict a TTar switchin, but what to do when your opponents have both - Scizor-TTar isn't too uncommon and both are powerful pusuiters. When you see either or both of them in the team preview, don't use Latios, until they are in KO range for a Surf.
I don't recommend Rocks as the only thing you will ever hit is Volcarona (who gets dent by Surf, too).

Overall, you may consider Heatran instead of Bronzong when you don't need it to do Trick Room or screens. Definitely worth a try.

would this be a decent set if I didnt want to try and get a specific hidden power set on my Ninetales, and I really didnt like hypnosis.

~ Fire Blast
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Energy Ball
~ Roar

If you want to have SR along with a counter, Heatran is your friend though its standart set struggles to retaliate when a Morning Sun Volcarona setups; I recommend to use a nature which lowers your speed and Rock Slide.
Don't do this! Rock Slide is a complete waste of a move on Heatran. Either run Toxic or Roar + Stealth Rock.

haunter

Banned deucer.
would this be a decent set if I didnt want to try and get a specific hidden power set on my Ninetales, and I really didnt like hypnosis.

~ Fire Blast
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Energy Ball
~ Roar
good and pretty standard set. You might try toxic over roar or even energy ball as double status is always nice, needless to say, Heatran will always wall you. You might also try the sunny day set if you have troubles with other weather inducers. Btw for reference, check this.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heatran cannot reliably counter Volcarona, especially under the assumption that it has Hidden Power [Ground]. If Heatran is the specially defensive varient, then it can phaze Volcarona out but ultimately the inevitable should occur unless your hazards remain intact.

If you want to check Volcarona, your best bets are settling with a Tyranitar to store up passive damage; its ability to withstand +1 Bug Buzz with ease should you invest in its Special Defense; and also OHKO with Stone Edge. Along side Wish support, you should be able to effectively deal with that moth because I doubt Hidden Power [Fighting] is used more than Hurricane, which can catch Terrakion off-guard.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is Vulpix banned from OU? I remember that it was banished from UU due to the changes Drought made on the metagame. But when I try to use it in OU, I'm unfortunately getting errors. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks for your time!

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is Vulpix banned from OU? I remember that it was banished from UU due to the changes Drought made on the metagame. But when I try to use it in OU, I'm unfortunately getting errors. Am I just missing something obvious? Thanks for your time!
It is not, and there is no reason to use it over ninetales, are you sure you're not using groudon ;p
Probably just your PO messing up, I would advise you to update it if you haven't already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)